[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So allegedly these niggas are supposed to not only be edible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: lionfish1.jpg (202KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lionfish1.jpg
202KB, 1280x1024px
So allegedly these niggas are supposed to not only be edible but also some of the best fish to eat. On top of saving the envioronment and shit because they eat other species

Can anyone on /ck/ testify if this is the real deal or just a meme created by treehuggers?
>>
>a meme created by treehuggers?
you're super ignorant
>>
>>8149536
Thats why I come here for answers, not your sass.
>>
>>8149516
A lot of places on the Gulf Coast has festivals centered around eating these assholes. They do taste good IMO, something like a buttery, flakey grouper.
>>
yes you can eat them, if you know how to prepare them. Better to find a cook that'll prepare them for you if you bring them to him.

You can spear them around Florida because they are stupid and slow and think nothing can touch them. The spines will fuck you up, so don't get stabbed.

Just buy yourself a cheap 30 dollar pole spear, stab them, cut off the spines, scrape them off your spear with your fin into a mesh bag
>>
>>8149516
literally the memefish
>>
Can they be consumed raw as sashimi?
>>
>>8149665
Yes.
>>
>>8149516
They are delicious, and an invasive species, so I'd call it a win-win.
>>
They're not bad tasting, but yes, the best-tasting-ever thing is a meme numerous groups have been cultivating to increase awareness of the edibility of this fish.

So it's a bit of both fish tastes good and also please fucking kill these pests.
>>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/23/killer-robots-the-latest-weapon-in-the-futile-fight-to-destroy-the-invasive-lionfish/
>>
>>8149516
Floridian here. My very spoiled, very fresh, very picky fish eating friends and family all agree it's delicious.
I kind of prefer dolphin or halibut, maybe a grouper sandwich, as far as non-fishy deliciousness.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TntPgVFbE&t=1m30s
>>
But how? Arent they poisnonous?
>>
>>8149918
look at the video in the post directly above yours. venomous, not poisonous. big difference
>>
>>8149516
I've been spearfishing and caught some. Pretty much as freash as it gets. The're pretty fuckin good.
>>
>>8149963
Ive seen some images of the whole fish being fried though. I know the venom is only in the spines and meat is fine but does the venom go away after the fish dies or is that just for show?
>>
Publix will special order it for you. Wrapped it up in some foil with some carrots, pearl onions, and a splash of white wine, popped it in the oven. Good stuff
>>
>>8150033
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSilIdul7Kc

The spines still contain venom after the fish dies.
>>
>>8149866
This dude looks like the bicentennial man.
>>
Their fine, taste like a mild white fish.
In Florida you can spear these fuckers to your hearts content, so we'll take any we can find when we go diving.
>>
>>8149555
You should not just dump the spines in the water tho, you should take them with you and throw them in the trash

people have gotten poisoned by spines dumped by spearfishers
>>
>>8149553

Thats because some americans set them loose over here, where they are non-native and have no predators. They are "literally raping" the reef fish.

OP they taste like red snapper.
>>
>>8149859
>dolphin
wtf pls no
>>
>>8149516

I mean it eats other fish, that alone indicates that it's going to taste pretty good. Never had the opportunity to eat it but I'd love to try spear fishing
>>
>>8151770
>I mean it eats other fish, that alone indicates that it's going to taste pretty good.

Sounds pretty legit.
>>
File: dorado-2-kontiki2.jpg (356KB, 831x549px) Image search: [Google]
dorado-2-kontiki2.jpg
356KB, 831x549px
>>8151756

He probably means pic related. It goes by many names: dorado, dolphin-fish, mahi-mahi, etc. Very popular for sport-fishing and also eating.
>>
>>8151827
>JAFFA, KREE
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.