[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help with donuts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: manydonuts.jpg (575KB, 940x441px) Image search: [Google]
manydonuts.jpg
575KB, 940x441px
me and my mom are making donuts for a party and the first batched turn out horrible. we followed the recipe and they still tasted really gross. wat do?
>>
>>8149053
here's what i can give you with the information given:

'Make them better'
>>
>>8149055
but how? we made italian donuts
we used premade pizza dough and fried them on olive oil and then rolled them in sugar.
>>
>>8149053
What recipe? What, exactly did you do? Define horrible (too sweet, too oily, what?)
>>
You and your mom sound like a couple of grade A retards
>>
>>8149077
they tasted really really bad. burnt tasting, but we didnt burn the oil or anything. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/italian-doughnuts-recipe2.html this recipe
>>
>>8149080
shut up idiot, we followed a recipe.
>>
File: clint.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
clint.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>8149061
> premade pizza dough
>>
>>8149084
Not that guy but fuck off.
>>
>>8149081
>pizza dough
>olive oil
>>
>>8149095
>>8149080
No fuck both of you. I am heartbroken that people would even think to call my mother a retard. It was a recipe with good reviews and for some reason it just didnt work.
>>
>>8149081
Did you use half vegetable oil half olive oil?

From what you're saying either they cooked too long or the oil got scorched.
>>
>>8149053

How do they make those prolapsed anus looking ones?
>>
>>8149101
is virgin olive oil too much for this recipe?
>>
>>8149081
>food network
theres your problem. literally meme recipes.
>>
>>8149081

>pizza dough
>olive oil

Did you use extra virgin? Because that would be the icing on the shitcake or shitnut in this case.
>>
>>8149104
Yes. Lower smoke point then the vegetable oil (canola oil, sunflower, peanut, whatever). If you used only olive oil it got scorched and that's the source of your burnt taste.
>>
>>8149081
>pizza dough

huh
>>
>>8149100
The people reviewing it well were perhaps retards.

You should try to use common sense when it comes to cooking.

You're making a sweet food item, and a recipe calls for an oil commonly used to cook savoury dishes, or used raw to dress bread to make it more flavourful, as well as a dough that, because it is premade, may contain savoury spices and whatnot, but thought to follow it anyway.

You were doomed from the start, and the people giving it positive reviews, as I said, might be retarded, or may have just been looking at that italian bitch's tits.

Try following a recipe that involves you making the dough from scratch.
>>
File: again.jpg (43KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
again.jpg
43KB, 460x500px
>>
File: thank-you.png (359KB, 796x668px) Image search: [Google]
thank-you.png
359KB, 796x668px
>>8149108
yes i used extra virgin.
>>8149109
ah okay thank you. would peanut oil leave a weird taste too? which one would you recommend
>>
>>8149125
For frying (in general), either canola or peanut oil. Canola is neutral.Peanut oil leaves a very faint sweet taste, so for sweet goods, it works (as long as you're not feeding them to someone with a peanut allergy).

For donuts in particular, if I bother deep frying them I do it in lard (you can buy the "tenderflake" yellow boxes. it's lard). Higher smoke point/harder to scorch and neutral taste.
>>
why not make giant soft pretzels instead? Donuts are disgusting.
>>
File: 1242439355927.jpg (39KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1242439355927.jpg
39KB, 450x338px
can't fool me OP
>>
>>8149061
I've seen this thread before.
>>
>>8149053
deep fry them
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.