[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of instant coffee?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: coffeetes.jpg (71KB, 458x448px) Image search: [Google]
coffeetes.jpg
71KB, 458x448px
What does /ck/ think of instant coffee?
>>
its good if you need coffee instantly
>>
if you're gonna load your coffee with a ton of cream and sugar, you might as well use instant.

it'll taste the same as freshly brewed.
>>
i have a cup of insta decaff in the morning.

I wish it was cheaper.
>>
Use it for baking friend.
>>
>>8148916
>"coffee"
>>
>>8148932
why would you do that?
is this a ruse?
>>
>>8148911
If in need for some caffeine fix, it'l do
>>
>>8148935
This. Also for making frapés.
>>
good for camping
>>
>>8148911
What's the best instant coffee money can buy? I only tried Folgers
>>
>>8148972
In the US, short of dollar-store shit and most off-brand shenanigans, Folger's is the worst.
Try Nescafé, specifically, Nescafé Clásico if you can find it. Alternately, believe it or not, Aldi's storebrand is actually pretty good, certainly better than Folgers or any other storebrands I've tried. If Nescafé Clásico is 9/10 as far as instant coffee goes (7/10 compared to regular coffee), Aldi is 8-8,5/10 or so. It's pretty close and at about a third the price.
>>
>>8148972
>>8149022
Trader Joe's is good.
>>
>>8148972
Folger's is so much fucking worse than Nescafe's and TJ's shit
>>
>>8149064
TJ and Aldi are the same company, aren't they? Just that TJ is kind of like the upmarket version?

Kinda like how Banana Republic is Gap's upmarket store.
>>
I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a cheap preground dark roast brewed in mr coffee and instant.
>>
>>8149093
They are different companies as one is from Aldi Nord (tj) and one is from Aldi South (aldi) . The two aldi brothers split up the German market. And now the world.

They won't fight because after all its family but for the US market they just had different ideas or let's say Aldi Nord didn't think Americans would ever return their shopping car eg
>>
>>8148940
Caffeine fucks me up. Decaf 'works' just like regular coffee, if you know what I mean.
>>
Only good if you need emergency caffeine.
>>
>>8148911
if i have enough time to boil coffee i have enough time to french press it
>>
>>8148972
Taster's Choice is better than Folgers
>>
It does the job, is convenient, and cheap as fuck.

Folgers is basically the worst, the just-us stuff is probably the best, and nescafe is somewhere in the middle.

I do french press when I have the time, but usually keep instant around for when I can't be bothered or don't have the time and just need to get some caffeine in me.
>>
>>8149176
do you mean pooping
>>
>>8148911

Really good as an ingredient, but passable as a drink.
>>
It doesn't make very tasty coffee, but it's fantastic for making coffee syrup.
>>
>>8149176
So placebo, basically.
>>
whats the best asian instant coffee?
>>
>>8149460
Diarrhea
>>
Would instant coffee and baileys work like normal coffee and baileys which is basically enjoyable for that distinct baileys tinge?
>>
>>8148911
Better than the real thing for baking and emergency rations
>>
>dad hates brewed coffee
>only drinks instant
>grow up with only instant in the house
>try to drink coffee
>i fucking hate it
>become a teafag instead
>get a nespresso machine when 2 weeks back
>literally drinking 7 cups a day
wtf i love coffee now
>>
>>8149676
Wait until you take the next step and buy whole freshly roasted beans.
>>
>>8148972
Moccona indulgence is pretty good and pretty strong on two teaspoons
>>
>>8148911
I prefer instant coffee (Nescafé) over 90% of what's sold of non-instant coffees.

I don't make coffee at home anymore, other than instant coffee, so when I go to restaurants and cafe´s and order a coffee, I can usually taste 2 things. The taste of the actual coffee which is better than what I get at home + the taste of the damn burned coffee because they often don't clean their mashines properly ....so there is always some leftover that gets cooked over and over and over x_x
>>
>>8149176
There's always a small amount of caffeine left in decaffeinated coffee. I guess if you're really sensitive, it still has an effect.

>>8149264
Pretty much. I guess the instant coffee process has come a ways. Used to be made heating aerosolized brewed coffee. Now the main process is freeze drying, which tastes better. Brands like Starbucks put superfine grounds in theirs, which makes it taste even closer to real coffee (expensive as fuck). Still sucks though. To me it's for post-apocalyptic emergency rations and MRE's for the poor guys in stationed buttfuck Afghanistan. I accept it as a completely different entity then the other drinks we call coffee, though. Acquired taste, cultural thing, etc.
>>
>>8150848
The leftover caffeine is really only enough to effect people with medical issues, it won't keep you up at all
>>
File: unnamed.png (137KB, 396x371px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
137KB, 396x371px
The best.
>>
>>8149176
>if you know what I mean.
We don't
>>
>>8148972
wilkins coffee
>>
File: coffee and poop.png (188KB, 1200x2403px) Image search: [Google]
coffee and poop.png
188KB, 1200x2403px
>>8149176
>>8149339
>>8149454
>>8150913
>>
I like some instant.
But it tastes nothing like coffee. Its its own drink, only distantly related to coffee
>>
>>8148911
love the stuff. my stomach hates it but fuck that. dollar store brand is best. me and my buddies used to mix this in with espresso. we called it "battery acid". really good for projects that are going to take 12+ hrs. leaves you feeling like you are coming down from meth tho
>>
>>8149022
dollar store shit is the best. a couple lines of it and i feel like my dick is flying through the air 20 ft ahead of me
>>
File: 32g_0414.jpg (24KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
32g_0414.jpg
24KB, 460x300px
if you're going to get it, at least get this
>>
>>8151439
tastes of onions
3/10 did not buy again.
>>
>>8149264
I keep energy drinks on hand for that instead. You could also use caffeine pills but I like both coffee and energy drinks, in addition pills make it too "easy" to acquire caffeine which means you're likely to try to fight a tolerance by increasing doses rather than keeping it constant as you would with drinks.
>>
File: 1468992558224.jpg (55KB, 548x411px) Image search: [Google]
1468992558224.jpg
55KB, 548x411px
>>8151446
>doesnt mix onion powder in w/ his instant coffee

L O W T E S T
O
W
T
E
S
T
>>
>>8149162
Also, one sells tobacco and the other doesn't.
>>
Instant coffee brands vary wildly. I used to share a container with my friend, I think the brand was Nescafe. Only 2 teaspoons of it and you got a strong cup of coffee with good flavor. I figured all instant was like that so when I moved out I bought a $1 container from Walmart. I use a few tablespoons now and it still tastes watered down.
>>
Hate the stuff. Tastes burnt. Good for if you want to make strong coffee and you're percalator is busted.
>>
File: indulgence.png (259KB, 555x520px) Image search: [Google]
indulgence.png
259KB, 555x520px
>>8150872
The bestest.
Closest i've found to proper coffee, shame that it costs as much as it does. I buy like 3 jars when when it goes on special
>>
>>8152104
Also Nescafé a shit
>>
Making a pour over or percolator drip takes less than 5 minutes.

I start my pour over after waking up, finish getting ready with other stuff, then it has been done for like 2 minutes and I put the top on and walk out the door.

Unless you live in Japan or somewhere you cannot get whole beans (pretty impossible now, even Japan can order from online), there's not really an excuse.
>>
>>8148911
I like to eat it right of the jar, it's not like you're proud or eating it for the taste.
>>
>>8148911

Generally pretty terrible, but a bloody lifesaver if there's nothing else on hand.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.