[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common sense cooking tips and efficiency tricks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 03-DSCF9086-1.jpg (3MB, 4569x3046px) Image search: [Google]
03-DSCF9086-1.jpg
3MB, 4569x3046px
Thought this would be an interesting idea for a thread.

Let's share methods that can save time and energy. It can be dumb stuff like simply organizing the order in which you cook things in a pan to maximize its usage without having to wash it in between each step or planning which ingredients you'll work first so that you only have to really wash your hands by the end where you touch raw meat. You can get as complicated as you want.

pic unrelated
>>
>when making a PB&J, spread the jelly first. It is easier to clean off of the knife, and it doesn't taint the peanut butter jar too much

>make your own teriyaki marinade with soy sauce and brown sugar. CAUTION: This WILL taint the peanut butter jar

>freeze your bananas before slicing and dicing them. Drop them in the skillet slowly, as the moisture will cause the oil to splatter at you.

>save all your Apple seeds and blend them with a little milk, honey, and ice for a refreshing smoothie. Add a spoonful of untainted peanut butter as a garnish
>>
>>8144881
Apple seeds contain cyanide don't do this.
>>
>keep a clean towel on you purely for drying your hands after quick washes to waste less paper towels
>>
>>8145647
This is a good one that is easily overlooked. I need to do it because I'm always drying my knife on my shirt too and would much prefer a designated cloth (not so much a towel because those don't wipe knives dry as well).

As for efficiency, I recommend everyone try washing stuff like extra utensils and prep bowls or stuff like that during cooking. There's always a little time in between most cooking processes and if you wash it right away its not only easier to clean but can really lessen the hassle of washing dishes at the end.
>>
>>8144881
wait, do the bananas taint the peanut butter jar?
>>
>>8144881
>not using a spoon for the jelly and a knife for the peanutbutter
what kind of heathen are you?
>>
>>8145866
Not frozen bananas. Only fresh bananas taint the peanut butter jar.
>>
>>8145647
This. Plus, I always like to clean or move dirty/used items out of the way in the free moments I have. It makes everything so much easier to work with.
>>
WASH SHIT AS YOU GO
>>
>>8145884
>tainting the peanut butter jar with a spoon

Mom's gonna freak
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.