[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insect Cooking Methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: escamoles1.jpg (2MB, 2816x1584px) Image search: [Google]
escamoles1.jpg
2MB, 2816x1584px
Why the FUCK is it that EVERY TIME I end up in some place where I have the golden opportunity to eat insects, the insects are fucking DEEP FRIED?!?!

Holy shit, why can't cultures that cook insects in their cuisines just fucking PAN FRY or ROAST or STEAM the ants, grasshoppers, roaches, scorpions, spiders whatever the shit they cook (like pic related, haven't tried yet btw but heard it's God tier)?!

I need to TASTE the texture and flavor of my actual food. What the fuck kind of cooking method is that to deep fry all or most insects by default, leaving them to be sorry trash tier combos of 95% fucking casual pleb-tier breading and only 5% volume of the actual meat, the protein, the actual insect you're trying to EAT?

tl;dr: Why is insect cooking so KEK tier?

Where can I find insect foods that are actual COOKED INSECTS instead of AMERILARD-TIER DEEP FRIED TRASH BREADING WITH PIECES OF INSECT THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN TASTE BC IT'S OVERPOWERED BY THE FUCKING BREADING????
>>
File: pepe ree.gif (896KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pepe ree.gif
896KB, 500x281px
>>8142056
Am I the only one who REEEEE's at this shit?!?!
>>
>>8142056
Go to China and you'll find fried insects. Even in the less developed areas.

It's because no one wants to fucking it insects unless they taste like something other than insect.

Do you see anyone around you every eating insect? No? Probably because they taste like ass.
>>
File: grub.jpg (4MB, 3076x2052px) Image search: [Google]
grub.jpg
4MB, 3076x2052px
>>8142061
In what universe would something as THICC and JOOCY as pic related in roasted or pan-fried form taste like ass ? ? ?

Or anything other than pure hedonistic, gluttonous luxury ?
>>
>>8142062
This isn't a food thread...... It's bait
>>
>>8142077
This is a legitimate complaint tho

Why is there so little appreciation for less batter-y methods of cooking insects.

There must be some preferable cooking methods to bring out the rich flavor of the insects instead of just covering it up in deep fry?
>>
how do i eat a bumble bee
>>
File: 74846985.jpg (80KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
74846985.jpg
80KB, 914x1091px
>>8142237
don't, they taste bad
>>
STOP writing like THIS, it's fucking RETARDED
>>
>>8142223
>KYS

insects suck cock and you suck cock too you poor chink fuck

why would you ever consume insects you mongoloid turd?

do us a favor and kill yourself at least we wont have your shitty complaints in /ck/
>>
>>8142062

lol just eat a jumbo prawn or something. The bug you posted is literally full of shit
>>
>>8142223
I see your point but many insects, such as Grasshoppers and Crickets are just a crunchy dried mass, if roasted or grilled.

I'm sure there are other ways to prepare the grubs that don't involve deep frying, I've never eaten Larval stuff myself but I am told it has a creamy-nutty taste but I think they are mainly eaten as snacks rather than a gourmet meal but this may change in the future.
>>
>>8142056
>>8142223
The only alternative I've ever seen is panfried wood ants, they're bitter and apparently nice to have next to sweet things like cheesecake

The issue with bigger insects is that they have their skeleton on the outside, and the insides are mostly just fluids and gunk, they would burst in your mouth if they were anything other than fried to a crisp. And from what I gather they don't taste very good.
>>
Insects don't cook their food
>>
Aren't insects poor people food in most countries
>>
>>8142971
Insects are just so fucking sustainable as a source of protein, I really can see the world in general trying to adopt a more insect filled diet in the near future.
>>
>>8142983
We have the breeding of animals and a community of people who have disgust in insects, I highly doubt the culture of eating bugs will go much further than shock-factor or old traditions of poorer countries
>>
>>8142288
papuans don't seem to think so
>>
>>8142056
Chinese eat pan fried silkwarm larvae and it's delicious. Most insects are grilled instead of deep fried as well
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.