[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crawfish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1474933386578.jpg (892KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1474933386578.jpg
892KB, 1536x2048px
Do Crawfish have their own unique flavor?

Are they good; are they better than shrimp?
>>
>>8132137
They look like nasty fucking cock-a-roaches being broiled in a pan.

I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>8132137
Well, they're called mud bugs. I think some of the process of cooking them is to cover up any kind of mud flavor, which is mild mind you. They are somewhat like lobster flavored, but ideally they are cooked in a pretty good amount of crawfish/crab boil seasoning, which is like the cajun equivalent of bay-heavy Old Bay. A liquid boil is better than a powdered for heat, has essences of thyme, marjoram, clove, bay, and lots of hot pepper, but missing some of the mustard seed and dill element. I think crawfish tastes like the boil, but succulent and buttery, lemon-y with the butter added too. Plus any corn or potatoes cooked with it. A lot of people suck the crab boil liquid that lingers in the head.
>>
A cross between shrimp and lobster is how they taste to me unless you go to a place where they sell the bigger ones and those taste like lobster
>>
>>8132137
unique flavour? yes
better than shrimp? no
fresh shrimp's best the sea can offer
>>
>>8132137
When fresh, they have a richer flavor than shrimp.. shrimp taste a lot like the sea while crawfish taste like all the shit they've been eating in creeks and streams... Given the option between two A+ quality specimens, I would take crawdads every time
>>
>>8132137
If shrimp are the peanuts of meat, then crawfish are pistachios.
>>
>>8132137
Yes. They have a less briny and richer taste than shrimp.

As far as being better than shrimp, that is subjective.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJ7dXY9UHs
>>
File: crawdads.jpg (64KB, 510x372px) Image search: [Google]
crawdads.jpg
64KB, 510x372px
crayfish/crawfish/crawdads are the same thing right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jo8PKqKYg
>>
>>8135325
yep
>>
>>8135325
They start as fish and then grow the armor plating and at old age they are probably dads as well.
>>
>>8133514
Spoken like someone who has never had fresh snowcrab. Shrimp is over rated.
>>
File: IMG_20160111_210044-1.jpg (289KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_210044-1.jpg
289KB, 600x802px
I like them but I think the whole crawfish boil experience makes them better. nothing like picking through a shit ton of crawfish boil on a table in your backyard with some ice cold shitty beer.
>>
>>8132137
How the hell do you eat these?

They have so little meat and so much shell
>>
>>8137148

Break tail off from head. Suck head. Remove tail meat from tail and eat it.

If they're large enough then the claw meat is worth eating too. Just break off the "thumb" part of the claw and if you're lucky the meat will come out with it.
>>
>>8137157
>Suck head

l-lewd
>>
>>8132137
Yeah I'd take crawfish over shrimp any day, even if the shrimp are in the same boil. They just don't have that delicious crawfish flavor.

Fuck I want some crawfish now.
>>
>>8132137

They're delicious, you just need to go somewhere with a good boil. Cajun or creole people required.
>>
They're a great source of energy for fucking your cousin
>>
>>8135420
spoken like someone who has never had dungeness.
>>
File: jewel.png (2MB, 1255x907px) Image search: [Google]
jewel.png
2MB, 1255x907px
>>8135325
This makes me feel uneasy

We're gonna get in trouble for this down the road
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.