[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commercial Cookery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: s-l300.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
I've spent my whole life cooking in mediocre kitchens and I'm tired of it. I don't want to be limited by consumer crap or deal with tiny kitchens any more. I'm going to be buying a house in a year or two, and the very first thing I'm going to do is expand the kitchen into the dining room and living room. Repurpose half the living room into pantry, get a commercial fridge, a deepfreeze, a 20k+ btu 6 burner stove with a griddle, big hood, massive sink, drains in the floor, 4 qt food processor, 1000 degree oven, and stainless everything. No pretty custom cabinetry, nothing that costs money without doing something. I have the knowhow to do everything except the gas hookups, and figure I can build the kitchen of my dreams for under $20k. Anyone ever done this? What's it like? I've never cooked professionally, because mixing hobby with work is soul crushing. Those of you who use a pro kitchen, how much better is your equipment than consumer stuff?
>>
How many square feet? What kind of flooring? Who will install it? Who will make the venting routes to get it out of the house? Are you adding in construction fees, painting, installing, purchasing everything you need...are you doing all the work yourself? I don't see any way you will keep it on budget unless you do it yourself. I would do it too if I could but only with a flexible budget. What happens when you get bored of your hobby and nobody will buy your $10000 custom stove?
>>
Unless you're a well known local chef, why?

Going to ruin the value of the home. Sure, its a selling point to chefs who will want it when you leave, but every other housewife, the person buying the home, is going to feel disgusted.
>>
If you don't have that many people to cook for the you're not limited by the hardware only, you're limited by the amount you need to cook as well.

What are you going to cook for an army just because you can? Whos going to eat the shit?.

Don't you need some kind of license to install all that shit?
>>
you will never use 6 burners
>>
>>8110262
>I've spent my whole life cooking in mediocre kitchens and I'm tired of it. I don't want to be limited by consumer crap or deal with tiny kitchens any more. I'm going to be buying a house in a year or two, and the very first thing I'm going to do is expand the kitchen into the dining room and living room. Repurpose half the living room into pantry, get a commercial fridge, a deepfreeze, a 20k+ btu 6 burner stove with a griddle, big hood, massive sink, drains in the floor, 4 qt food processor, 1000 degree oven, and stainless everything. No pretty custom cabinetry, nothing that costs money without doing something. I have the knowhow to do everything except the gas hookups, and figure I can build the kitchen of my dreams for under $20k. Anyone ever done this? What's it like? I've never cooked professionally, because mixing hobby with work is soul crushing. Those of you who use a pro kitchen, how much better is your equipment than consumer stuff?
>>
What I don't get is you don't even have a house yet to know what the kitchen/living room/dining room look like but you've already said get rid of half the living room for a pantry. WTF you need a 300 square foot pantry for? Most commercial kitchens don't even have that much.
>>
File: 1473335407359.jpg (92KB, 808x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473335407359.jpg
92KB, 808x960px
You're a faggot OP. I did a kitchen renovation job this summer. Me and two other family members working for free, took 6 months and cost $60K.

LITERALLY no way you're doing it for 20K.
>>
>>8110262
>watch me blow all this money on all this shit i don't need to impress people i don't know
also
>implying these high-end commercial appliances will make your food look and taste better

ALSO, there's no way in hell all of that is getting done properly for under 20k.
>>
A flame is a flame. If your food sucks being cooked over a flame on consumer, it's going to suck being cooked over a flame on commercial stuff. Maybe it is you that is lacking and not your equipment. Shaking some generic seasoning over a chicken breast and adding butter and flour and cream to the left over burned particles doesn't make you a chef nor make you need a commercial stove.
>>
>>8110262
I always fail to see the benefits of a griddle, especially considering the cleaning - why not opt for a large, flat, cast iron pan if you have six stoves? I'd prefer utilizing the space as countertop for preperation.
>>
>>8110276
Not going to get bored, been cooking since I was 7.
I've done contracting work all my life. I'll probably need to upgrade the kitchen electric circuit, and of course I'll have a pro install the oven range thing. Everything else is easy.
>>8110278
Houses are so cheap around me people usually buy and bulldoze, literally 20-30k
>>8110333
Range/oven 3000
Fridge 2500
Tile floor 2000
2 or 3 steel freestanding workbenches 2000
Sink 1000
Food processor 500
That leaves 9000 for electric upgrades and the hood plumbing. What in the everliving fuck did you spend 60k on?
>>8110340
Used to believe that, but the kitchen I'm using now has the hottest flames I've ever used and my food is loads better. The faster fried food cooks, the better it tastes.
>>8110345
Used to cook with a cast iron pan and it was wonderful. Getting a griddle changed my life though. I can fry 3 diced onions at once without them getting soggy. I can fry chicken on the hot part, veggies on the cooler part, and eggs on the coldest part, and have them all done at the same time.
>>
>>8110515
>the kitchen I'm using now has the hottest flames I've ever used and my food is loads better. The faster fried food cooks, the better it tastes

Is it me, or is this too obvious?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.