[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/KSG/ Kitchen Staff General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 32

File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x426px
Early bird edition

Last thread
>>8099282

What's new in your kitchen? Anything interesting happened during your previous shift? Tell us about the damned health inspectors.
Who's got the best Bants? Who's the moron in your kitchen? Who's the genius in your kitchen?

Let's not let this thread hit page 10 as easily as last thread
>>
>>8106971
Ah its good to see you started a new thread OP, was going to start one in your honor if you didn't.

>What's new in your kitchen
Not me any more! I have another pair of hands on the grill, which is nice but this is his first job since school.

>Anything interesting happened during your previous shift?
I got to experience "Pikey Sunday" as you can imagine they're all trying to blag free meals.

>Tell us about the damned health inspectors.
I haven't heard stories of them yet, but one of the managers doesn't really give a fuck about holding temperatures, so i like to check all temps.

>Who's got the best Bants?
The senior grill chef, he was teaching me Portuguese swearwords to call other staff

>Who's the moron in your kitchen?
The new guy because he's green, but I cant blame him.

>Who's the genius in your kitchen?
I'd say the senior grill chef, he kept the chef on the pass in check.

Im going to pose a question:
Whats your Head Chef Like?

The Head chef at my place is either sat on his fat ass in the office of hes not in, I havnt had the opportunity to work with him yet.
>>
I will not be talking about my job on this fucking website, sorry.
>>
>>8106971

>What's new in your kitchen?

New chef from today

Old chef got caught freezing dildos.

They don't bother with us.

no one, we're robots.

Whichever robot can't keep up.

No one, we're robots.
>>
File: 1471876266756.jpg (397KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1471876266756.jpg
397KB, 2560x1536px
>>8107404
>Kitchen bitch
>>
I recently stopped working in a kitchen to go back to uni. I really miss the banter and people. Will have to try and find somewhere similar to work.
>>
>>8106971
I literally can't make cereal without burning it but I've taken a gourmet class way back in HS and apparently passed with flying colors since I just had to copy the recipe, is it possible for me to work BoH? I want to learn how to actually cook but you all seem to have actual culinary school experience and I'm already attending uni for a different major. Will I always be doomed to line prep even if I get hired or does this industry actually appreciate hard work/talent even if you don't have the degree necessarily? I'm coming from more of a CS background where a solid portfolio will get you a job even without any formal training so I wonder if technical skill also work with culinary arts
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 288x216px
Leaving my KP job to move across country next week.
Decided to give the chefs favourite pan a decent clean as a leaving gift. Took hours. Hopping for a decent reference.
>>
File: 1474165507321.jpg (51KB, 439x464px) Image search: [Google]
1474165507321.jpg
51KB, 439x464px
>>8108282
>Nice b8 I r8 8/8

I'd kill you if you did this to my pan and give you a shit reference
>>
>>8107408
>Old chef got caught freezing dildos.

Literally what?
>>
>>8108227
From what I heard, you can come from any walk of life and work in a kitchen, but the kitchen has its class system, you'll start at the very bottom rung of the ladder and work up, that's how it's been for nearly a thousand years
>>
File: what.png (392KB, 511x393px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
392KB, 511x393px
>>8108282
you did what???

how do autismos like you even work in a kitchen?
>>
>>8108729
>>8108900

he's memeing you guys

https://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/SandingCastIron.htm
>>
Is there an /Industry/ General so everyone in the industry can shitpost?
>>
>What's new in your kitchen
Not much is new in the kitchen, but we got a couple new servers up front. One's some dumpy trashy broad and the others some older dude. Older dude seems cool. Haven't really talked to the dumpy trashy broad. I've also been getting some dish/prep shifts at my boss's other restaurant, which is a fancy fine dining spot. Never worked or even eaten fine dining before, so it's a pretty cool experience. I like getting to sample all of the deliciousness.
> Anything interesting happened during your previous shift
Some fag in the dining room was bitching about dumb shit just to be an asshole. That's a pretty common occurrence though. Another reason I'm glad I don't work FOH.
>Tell us about the damned health inspectors
I already posted about them in a previous thread, so I'll just skip this one.
>Who's got the best Bants
Prep guy, but unfortunately his shifts only coincide with mine for a few hours. Sous chef is second best.
>Who's the moron in your kitchen
We got a dude that thinks he's the best at everything even though he's just okay. It's pretty comical sometimes.
>Who's the genius in your kitchen
Sous chef. Comes up with most our recipes.Keeps it simple for the line while also tasting great.
>>
File: 1384860582116.gif (3MB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
1384860582116.gif
3MB, 400x231px
>taking dish sink apart
>involves washing the pieces, soaking them in sanitizer, then putting them back in once the sink's empty and disinfected
>30-something co-worker calls me over, says there's something wrong with one of the parts, she's freaking out
>come look
>she thought the part was broken because it didn't line up with the contours of the sink, but it's just on the wrong side
>turn it around and it fits
>she turns bright red and can't stop laughing for 10 minutes

>work fast food
>customer comes through
>says we messed up his order, he wanted his combo without sauce
>combo number he ordered doesn't come with sauce
>then says it wasn't sauce, it was lettuce he didn't want
>asks to speak to a manager
>manager hops on the mic with a deep (normal) voice, tells him to come on up to the window
>dude just drives straight through at high speed
>pretty clear he was trying to con us into giving him free food but he fucked up

shit stories but these are from yesterday
>>
>>8108965
This is it buddy
>>
>>8106971
guy in picture has poor knife skills
>>
Staff in my Mc Donalds wanted to demote themselves and they were forced to think otherwise.
>>
>>8110490
explain!
>>
On vacation currently. Leaving for work here in like 2 weeks...for about 4 week i travel and do private chef type stuff. Boss just bought a new kitchen i get the first run with. Pretty excited. Pic related
>>
File: IMG_20160825_1017263771.jpg (882KB, 2254x1268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160825_1017263771.jpg
882KB, 2254x1268px
>>8110619
Shit sorry pic related
>>
>>8108874
Happens more often than you'd think
We had a restaurant in my city where the owner was a real character, an old flaming homo hitting on men in front of their dates/wives for the keks

Usually when he served desert, he'd come with a colossal dildo covered with chantilly and tried to force it down the guys throat.

It was usually a riot for the other customers
>>
>>8110602
They didn't want the extra responsibility for an extra 40p an hour so they wanted to demote themselves. This would have left us with 1 full time crew trainer, so it was either they stay or leave.
>>
Bumping the thread back to life so it doesnt go to page ten with less posts than the original thread

Keep posting fellahs
>>
File: too good.jpg (70KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
too good.jpg
70KB, 960x1280px
>>8110620
its..... sooo...... clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I work with a real pos who seriously fucks up everything. Hes always bragging about how he was a fucking 5 star chef for Carnival Cruise Lines yet he can't even make a simple marinara without fucking it up. Rumor going around is that this guy must have some juicy dirt on the owners because they refuse to fire him no matter how much shit he pulls or how much product he destroys. Gonna greentext now because I'm rambling.

>last night
>new kid training as a dishwasher
>nice kid, never worked in a kitchen before
>coworker showing him how to mop the dishpit since he says he's never done it
>pos is in charge of kitchen tonight, meaning it's his responsibility to mop up the kitchen after we close
>literally 10 minutes after we shut the doors
>"I don't have time to wait for this kid to mop I'm fucking leaving, one of you guys do it"
>clocks out and leaves
>we all finish up and leave about 20 mins later
>pos is sitting on the curb outside because his wife is late picking him up
>lazy fuck knew that and still left
>drove by again 30 mins later after chatting with coworkers
>he's still fucking there
>>
>>8110620
Shit, the things I would do to work in that kitchen.

We have a new chef in recently and she pisses me off every night. I work garde and last night I had to stay for an extra hour to properly scrub ice all the oysters in house because the guy working raw bar couldn't be arsed, and apparently if he doesn't want to do it, it's my job. Opened today too. Chef, of course, could care less.

Thank god our tournant has excellent bants and works literally across from me on grill, otherwise I would have gone insane long ago.
>>
>>8111861
How hard is it to get work at Carnival Cruise line
>>
New guy who was always talking about his consulting gigs already quit. Made it about a week before he decided to fuck us. He was slow and chatty anyways.
>>
>>8112740
>Tfw this might be me
I'm >>8108227 do you have any pointers for how to survive if I want to get good at cooking in a restaurant? Where should I apply at, chain places like Olive Garden or legit local restaurants (keeping in mind I actually live in Columbus Ohio so there's not a whole lot of culinary art here)
>>
I'm a dishwasher. Does that count?
>>
>>8112753
Nigga, the dishwasher is the backbone of it all. I've worked from it up. Fuck anyone that tells you otherwise.
>>
>>8111861
Sort of reminds me of when co-workers get off early and just sit at the bar.
>>
File: maga starxmarco2.png (92KB, 244x437px) Image search: [Google]
maga starxmarco2.png
92KB, 244x437px
>>8112753
DISHWASHING IS A NIGHTMARE. THANK YOU TO THE BRAVE SOULS WHO BRAVE THE STORM OF DISHSOAP AND MONOTONY.

Just like >>8112813 said, you are the backbone of the operation and anyone who has done it should have deep respect for you.

Time for dishwasher stories
>Get to work
>Night shift so some guy was just here
>Okay let's see what we got
>He left early and hadn't even finished the dishes that were there for him
>The garbage is full
>There's not enough clean plates for orders
>Cutlery inside the machine so I gotta dig it out by sticking my arm deep in there
>It's leaking because he fucked up and put shit on a pipe that was loose
>Have to fish out the cutlery, fix the pipe, get rid of the garbage, put clean plates were they need to be, do the load of dishes that are already there
>Do it in 10 minutes by rushing super fast, in unbelievable speed (kitchen manager even noticed)

>Get yelled at by drunk manager anyways
I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY. Always be courteous, take out your trash and leave a clean station for whoever is on a shift after you, fucking hell how hard is that for some fucks to understand.
>>
>>8112753
Good dishwashers should be treated like kings. Once had a washer who could barely handle the load for our prep crew. Pit was stacked sky high with equipment we needed while he was spending hours on one prep job. It was a nightmare. Now we have a guy who always keeps a clear pit and is always asking the sous if there are any extra jobs he can do. I always thank him for the hard work after every shift (although I wish he would help a little with taking our the garbage and sweeping at the end of the shift..)
I wish I learned more about dishwashing before I left to go to school and learn cooking. My more experienced co-workers would be the ones to change the cleaning supplies or fix the machine if it ever broke down, and they never bothered to teach me. Still, the eye for cleanliness and attitude transferred to my cooking so I learned what I needed to..I guess.
>>
>>8112753
Worked with a dishwasher in Canada who would frequently transgress the line from bantz to full on verbal assault. He did it to everyone. The GM, The owner who used to fuck up expo but could also bench 200lb and nail 18 year old waitresses at 45 years. Chef who was an easy 6'4 and cooked for G20 banquets. Anyone at all.

They kept firing him for going overboard and then offering his job back if he 'promised to clean his act up'. He never did. They kept rehiring him.
>>
File: 1473372232734.jpg (19KB, 275x293px) Image search: [Google]
1473372232734.jpg
19KB, 275x293px
Shit like the staff being pricks during overnights makes me hate working at Mc Donalds. I wanted to fucking strangle one of the dudes who worked there over him trying to tell him how to do my job when all he was doing was standing there and talking after the crowds had left. I'm older and more experienced the ugly fuck threatened to punch me in the face because the sink wasn't filled with soapy water when you can't wash shit in a dirty sink that needs to be cleaned first. He then went and got one of the managers to berate me over it, but did they even listen to me? Heck no, a bunch of assholes every single one of them.
>>
>>8113652
Just curious, do the cooks in McDonalds prepare anything or is everything bought in pre chopped?
>>
>>8113836
Everything is pre-made and comes from second and third world countries. Nothing is fresh, everything is frozen and thawed for an hour or two and then used. Iceland tier food.
>>
>>8113854
Iceland the UK supermarket, not the country btw.
>>
Got a trial run at a restaurant for two hours during the lunch period. They didn't really give me any instructions so I'm not sure if they'll give me a run down beforehand or just throw me in the deep end.

Any advice? I'd be great if I could nail this job so any help is appreciated.
>>
>>8113864
What kind of restaurant is it? Where are they putting you? Porter?
>>
>>8113935
It's a small Japanese fusion place. Gonna be on wait staff as far as I know.
>>
>>8113941
You'll need to be fast on your feet, make sure you wear the right type of shoes so you don't slip. And be overall nice to people. Are they giving you a uniform?
>>
>>8113957
Just told to wear black
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x680px
>>8111861
His wife was late, huh?
Wonder why
>>
>>8113972
All black? If so make sure it's a good black shirt and trousers,
>>
>>8114029
Good to know. Thanks for the tips
>>
Is there a Bar Staff General ever?
>>
>>8114999
Na they are too busy getting loads of tips and pussy to create a general
>>
Do you think you need to be a masochist to work in the industry?
>>
>>8114999
OP here, anyone in the cooking industry, Wait staff, Bar staff, Delivery guys, even the people in food production and suppliers are welcome here, it's one big family having to deal with all the people
>>
>>8112753
I was in the back kitchen tonight, tending the ovens and doing dishwash. I have big respect for you guys, i did pot wash for a few years at a university before I caught a break as a chef.
Do you plan on moving up?
>>
File: kitchencape.jpg (12KB, 200x340px) Image search: [Google]
kitchencape.jpg
12KB, 200x340px
>>8115634
>I have big respect for you guys

Not the nigga your talking too, but cheers all the same lad
>>
>>8108227
Hey! I am studying psych at uni and worked as a dishwasher for like a year, now I'm a line cook at a greek restaurant while still in school.

The dishwasher
Boss had me intentionally call the black cook by another black cooks name as a joke, shit was pretty funny and he took it pretty well.
Yet to meet em'
The owner, a 6' 4" 300+ lb Spartan Greek man who always gets a kick out of busting everyone's balls
Not counting the dishwasher, probably me, I'm only a month or so in.
Who's the genius in your kitchen?
Probably the 90+ year old deaf greek man who is also slowly going senile, so maybe he was but he's been cooking a long time, 20 years at this restaurant alone, when asked how long he had been cooking his response was to laugh and say "Too old"
>>
File: tubman.jpg (57KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
tubman.jpg
57KB, 1000x709px
>TFW you run out of bleach for 2 days the dishwashers and the cleaning staff dont say a word and you are do for a health inspection any day

Like what the fuck guys the owner is talking about you guys in a bad type of way
>>
File: water-bottle-bong.jpg (450KB, 750x716px) Image search: [Google]
water-bottle-bong.jpg
450KB, 750x716px
What's the sketchiest shit you've had to hide for a health inspection?
>working at shitty hole in the wall pizza place
>just finished doing morning shot of heroin inside the kitchen
>knock on the door
>look out window
>oh fuck, it's the health inspector
>hide spoon and needle in pocket
>wipe off tiny patch of blood on arm where the injection happened
>let health inspector in and end up passing
A different inspector also found ghetto bongs in the box room once at the same place.
>>
File: 1467791639854.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467791639854.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>a chef prepping drops food on the floor
>confront him about it and ask him if he would personally eat it
>he says no as he puts it back on the table to use
>point out his bs and tell him to throw it away
>blood is boiling at this point, have zero fucking tolerance for these shitheels
>refuses to and tells me it's none of my buisiness
>blow my top off and call his ass out infront of everybody
>considering on telling management or corporate to get his ass fired

I cannot stand cocksuckers that do low things like dropping utensils, cross contaminating and other vile shit to people's food. They're the reason why I refuse to eat out on most occasions. I have to stop what I'm doing, watch and babysit a few retards on the line and tell them not to be retards as they pick up a tong or whatever off the floor to use again without washing.
>>
>>8116856
You have guts for standing up to your chef like that. No one would even try that shit in our place although he's not a dipshit to do things like picking food off the floor and serving it
>>
Blood stupid, we were told that reporters were visiting our Mc Donalds here in Belfast and it turned out to be a bunch of bloggers. They showed them around the place like it was the big cheese. Top management (regional) even showed them around when literally anybody could have done that.

Anyone else get random bloggers visiting your restaurant?
>>
>>8118398
Oh man if I had my own restaurant I'd make a special for bloggers and do like in South Park, fuck what anyone says
>>
>>8118398
Better hope you have impressed them, mate. A hand full of words on the blogosphere and McDonalds is a gonner
>>
>>8112753
I just started ashing dishes a few days ago, I swear some of the shit that goes on makes me question my sanity, but all the dudes in the kitchen seem cool, i've literally never not worked with human garbage so it's a nice change of pace.
>>
>>8118734
>implying McDonalds isnt already a gonner
>>
>>8118635
Well they let them make the food themselves and they got it all for free

>>8118734
They'll be making a post/article so we'll see soon. Wonder if I'll be in it. Probably not as they were on the other side of the kitchen.
>>
>>8116856
>>8116866
I work at a michelin starred restaurant and we pick shit we drop on the floor all the time, as long as it has a non-sticky surface, and hasn't hanged there for longer than a few seconds. I would never serve something I wouldn't eat to a diner, but then again, I'm very carefree about what I'd eat.

No one really gives much of a shit.
>>
>>8120150
We don't use food that fell on the floor, but we do keep using towels that dropped on the ground which is probably just as bad.
>>
>>8110657
They don't even pay the crew trainers at the store I worked at most the time lol
Franchisee was an pathetic scrounge who has no conscious thefting young underpaid people.
>>
>>8120150
>I work at a michelin starred restaurant and we pick shit we drop on the floor all the time, as long as it has a non-sticky surface, and hasn't hanged there for longer than a few seconds.

In the likely event that this is true. This and you are quite pathetic tbqh.
>>
>>8120327
>This and you are quite pathetic tbqh
What did he mean by this
>>
>>8120327
So I've thought my whole life.
>>
>head Chef for food production facility
>server crashed last week, tech dudes can't fucking fix it
>billing is frozen
>no money coming in
>placing smallest possible orders from vendors on a day by day basis
>vendors stop taking our checks
>now purchasing food from market and retail on a daily basis
>over $150,000 behind on billing
>nobody is getting paid on time
>rally the staff
>15,000 meals produced this week
>no errors
>50 hours in, no days off this week
>my birthday is tomorrow

Happy fucking birthday to me.
>>
File: 1462652968591.jpg (71KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
1462652968591.jpg
71KB, 640x780px
>>8106971
>be dish bitch
>new hire comes in tonight
>walks out as soon as rush starts
>have to close alone because he was the only other bitch scheduled and no one answers their phones but me
>mfw this is the 3rd time this happened this week alone
>mfw i started 7 months ago and consistently work 70-80 hours since
>mfw i open and close six days a week
Love the ot checks and tips but I blow it all on cocaine and red bull
why is everyone a pussy? it's just dishes jesus
>>
>>8120470
yeah a dishwasher who shows up on time and actually does a good job will become the overtime master
>>
>>8120486
I just don't understand what people think when they apply for the job. You're really going to bail as soon as it picks up? It's a 5 star steakhouse, dd you think it was going to be a cakewalk? I just hope I can work my way onto the line, I already do prep in addition to dish bitch duties. All my line experience is Denny's and Applebee's and a mom and pop diner so I am just happy to be bitch atm until I can prove myself but in the meantime I pray for a Mexican to get hired, while I work like one
>>
>>8120404
No errors

Hahaha
>>
>>8120230
Don't pay them at all or don't pay them any extra?
>>
>>8110620
Mmmmmmmmmmmm......those new orange mats. Like walking on clouds.
>>
>>8120528

None reported. One of the new guys did over-salt a tiny batch of beans and rice, but it was still good. I'm not counting that.
>>
>>8106971
Some large deep pots and round circular pastry dishes, been making some great frittatas in the dishes and blanching stuff for salads in the pots

Met a cute nurse who's a regular and seems interested

They're not bad, not very nice people but I keep my kitchen clean and follow all food safety rules (I don't actually know them but I just use common sense) they visit every 2-3 months and I've never been picked up on anything other than things out of my control like floors being unsealed or a broken tile etc

Me I guess, I'm the only one in the kitchen.

See above

I'm kind of interested in potentially joining a larger kitchen, would be nice to not have to run and manage the kitchen by myself and just have a chill station sort of job where I'm told what to do, but then again I enjoy the solitude of working alone
>>
>>8120404
>Tech dudes can't fix it
Bullshit, are they in-house or do you contract them? Unless your server is physically broken any self respecting firm would at least be able to restore the server and get the back-up on there

Unless these guys are el cheapo and didn't do a backup for whatever reason
>>
>>8106971

sous at a fine dining establishment on one of the 'merican coasts.. had to frestyle a dish to put on the tasting menu today.

how'd i do, lads?

>pork belly braised in mire poix/hard apple cider
>cut into 1/2" thick slices, dredged in a rice flour/tapioca starch/cornstarch dredge and fried
>braising liquid reduced and turned into a gastrique with apple cider vin/sugar, and bloomed mustard seed
>crispy belly tossed in gastrique
>gastrique plated on the plate
>parsley cream plated on the plate (shallot/garlic/cream slowly heated til veg are soft, fresh parsley and mint blanched and shocked in ice bath, both combined in blender with salt/sherry vin/maple syrup/salt/lemon juice, then strained through a chinoise)
>parsley root slowly simmered in milk/thyme, then blended with mascarpone/salt/sherry
>celery root/petite carrots/fennel pickled in aple cider vinegar
>carrots roasted in just olive oil/salt/pepper
>watermelon radish
>pea vine tendrils

how'd i do, bros?
>>
>>8120752
Did your parents ever tell you that they loved you and were proud of you?
>>
>>8120755

yeah, my mom is pretty supportive.

why?
>>
>>8120755

i'm pretty trashed, so sorry for the redundancy in my need for approval.

here's a previous dish i've plated that i like, i guess
>>
File: IMG_2842.jpg (82KB, 620x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2842.jpg
82KB, 620x455px
>>8120752
From what I could understand that sounds amazing
>>
File: HHvjP3U.jpg (188KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
HHvjP3U.jpg
188KB, 1280x719px
>tfw have to clean the mac and cheese pot
>>
>>8120752
How did it taste like? Fried braised pork belly is always a winner but I'm not sure how the other flavors will matched up. Looks like I've gotta try it out in the kitchen today
>>
>>8120762
The plate is wayyy to big for a tiny dish like that
>>
>>8120506
just wait, someone will call in sick during a busy time, or someone will move on and there will be an opening, and the boss already knows that you show up, work hard, and aren't an idiot, so he's more likely to go with the option of training you rather than hire some unknown quantity
>>
>>8121952
the plate can always be bigger, you know how it is
>>
>>8120559
yeah they're nice unless you're the dish bitch who gets to pick em up and hose em off every night
>>
>>8121834

it worked really well.. texturally, it was fatty/meaty/crunchy/creamy, hot/cold, lots of contrast.

the herbaciousness of the parsley/mint cream with the pickled root veg offset the fatty/sweet pork belly nicely. i originally wanted it to be just a vegetarian dish, but we already had a veggie risotto on the tasting menu as the course following this.

>>8121952

is it, though?
>>
>>8106971
Uh today I happened to get promoted to sous which is awesome and shit haha good bye to anything outside of work.
>>
>>8122067
Nice, have fun ordering people around
>>
>>8106971
>New in the kitchen
We finally got a sushi guy after 2 years of not having one. Japanese dude who rolls sushi faster than Snoop rolls blunts.
>Interesting shit happen
We have kittens out back and they are very cute, I got to pet one earlier tonight without it running away.
>Health inspectors
Knock on wood they never really look at me too closely. I'm the baker and my area is always clean, and I don't really work with anything all that perishable or hazardous bacteria-wise so they just kind of look my shit over and move on.
>Bants
All of us have our moments. The kitchen manager is great at stupid puns, head chef is great at innuendo, the old guy who opens the place at 6am has infinite stories and jokes to tell. I'm just clever as fuck when I'm in a good mood.
>Moron in the kitchen
We have quite a few, being in the south we have some rednecks on staff who are complete shitheads. Other day someone told the new guy to peel onions, so he sits there fucking pulling the skin off with his fingers tearing the whole thing up. That said, almost everyone in the kitchen is a moron at times.
>Genius in the kitchen
Myself, kitchen manager, head chef, sous chef are all amazing cooks. I got into baking by accident but everything I make is amazing so most people consider me and head chef to be incredible cooks, but different fields. I know a great deal of food chemistry so at times I'll say shit that sounds mind-blowing to others (i.e. explaining why almond extract smells like cherries, or why Jack Daniels tastes like bananas)

Yeah I'm a bit cocky but I've been doing this shit long enough that I know my shit.
>>
>>8123384
sounds like you got your head up your ass
>>
>>8123457
Yeah I kinda do. I have a shitload of great recipes, and that's basically a baker's Gate of Babylon. Pull out the paper, do a trial run if I haven't made it in the last year, then do a full batch. Unlimited dessert works.

This week I did six different mini desserts for our buffet and made like 14 different cakes for orders. Doing some experiments with kaffir lime mousse, and that shit smells/tastes like fruity pebbles cereal.
>>
>>8123489
You only bake? do you do anything else?

I bake a lot at work but I have to say it's far from my favourite thing and I never bake at home

Baking is too delicate and unrewarding as I don't like sweet things much

What kind of cakes did you make this week? got some pics?
>>
>>8123489
I am pretty sure people like you are why real cooks look down on pastry 'chefs'...
>>
>>8123497
Baking is a social function for me. The actual food I can take it or leave it but the fact it is given to others causes social bonding far out of proportion of the work I do.

tl;dr cheap easy way to improve relationships
>>
Anyone else surrounded by Idiots at work?
>>
>>8106971
>General
>>
>>8123497
Yeah I only bake, there's really no time for me to do anything else even if I wanted to. I'm not really a fan of sweets at all, but I do always taste what I make. I still have a few other people try things if it's a new recipe, but I'm always my own worst critic. This week I made a bunch of pumpkin spice shit because white people (cheesecake, cake bars for our buffet), a few carrot cakes, chocolate mousse cakes, hummingbird cake that turned out phenomenal. I don't really have any pictures, really oughta start documenting some of this shit. I never bake at home, either, unless it's a gift or something.

>>8123637
Thanks, I've never felt like "real cooks" look down on me because most of them don't have the patience to spend 10 hours straight making 1,500 macaroons for a catered wedding. I've worked in both fields, this is where I ended up by chance and I like it.
>>
First job at chipotle working the grill. So far so good. Any tips on cutting the meat? I cant for the life of me cut correct sizes.
>>
>>8124447
that's your weeks worth of baking? lol

doesn't sound like there's no time for you to do anything else
>>
wish me luck anon, today is my first day back after a couple of years away because I went crazy. just a five or six hour stint in the dishpit. nervous but I know I got this shit
>>
>>8123637
Why do real cooks look down on pastry chefs?I've heard it said before but never understood the reasons
>>
File: tmp_19355-2279-1913722719.png (956KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19355-2279-1913722719.png
956KB, 1280x1024px
Best girl
>>
>>8125115
Shit wrong /ksg/ my bad
>>
File: 0255 - OwglRyn.jpg (34KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
0255 - OwglRyn.jpg
34KB, 550x535px
>>8113142
>tfw felt like shit when I was told by a line that worked at the kitchen for 4 years that I could leave a sink full of whatever to soak overnight
>said I didn't even need to mop every night unless the floor was disgusting
>get hours cut back completely (but DEFINITELY not firing me) because I don't work fast enough
>the only rush is at the end when line has to flip and all the baked on shit comes my way
After 2 months I still can't get over it cause it was probably the best dish washing job you could get in this city with the best pay and lightest work load
>>
I doubt I'd get a reply, but Fuck it

I want to leave the States to go to Europe because I can't last at a job here. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I work fast, I do things right, but owners seem to not like me and my hours get cut. I can't make a living here and I may as well go try my luck there since I've already been used to poverty all my life. Maybe I'd have better luck over there. Any advice? Please, I love my work, I just don't like the people I've ran into.
>>
>>8124546
Cut things using your fist as a general guide. Simples.
>>
>>8125115
>>8125124

Ha, amusing. But no.
>>
>>8125886
What if he doesn't have sharp knuckles?
>>
It's Saturday night this is the official shoe-maker thread.
>>
>>8125868
instead of going to europe, comne to canada, lot less expensive to travel here than europe. Come to montreal, there's loads of restaurants looking for people to hire up
>>
>>8124955
If I go over 40 hours the owner gets pissy so I try to stay right at 40. I did a bunch of other shit like make 50 pies for an event and such. Listing everything I made seems boring to me sorry.
>>
File: 1473738892502.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473738892502.gif
3MB, 500x500px
Finally quit my line cook gig after the piece of shit sous chef mouthed off at me one times too many. Left that bipolar schitzo fuck with a shitton of orders at the busiest part of the night right around the time we're usually closing. I hope he's kicking himself for it now.
>>
>>8106971
happenings
>gm finnaly quit drink=stopped sleeping with me
health inspector ......
>phil the guy who drives a vw van who temps me dishwasher then leaves ignoring the leaky roof
bantz
>nobody roasts or insults me im not even a nazi chef ill burn everyone else and they just take it
moron
>BYAAAN BOMMEWAN hes a twin brother of the kitchen genius with a huge lisp
genius
> Byaans bwother JOSH actually can cook
>>
Damn, I forgot I posted this. Surprised I got this many replies
>>8112813
>>8113142
>>8113536
Thanks, guys. Almost makes me feel better about the shitty hours and smelling like rotten food after I get off work.

It's honestly not that bad, though. This is my first job, so I'm just happy to be making some money.

Probably would be better if I spoke Spanish, since none of the other dishwashers speak English.

>>8115634
I just started, but I've already mentioned my interest in moving up the ladder and into the kitchen to a couple of the managers.

Apparently they really need some more people back in the kitchen, and they said they'd probably start training me for expo soon, which I'm excited about.

>>8118794
I'm in the same boat, senpai. I started about 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>8107404
Why you emotional bitch?
>>
>>8126211
He's not. It's not just him, but the entire kitchen that has to work harder to cover you, and you just shit on ALL of them. He might be an asshole but you're a vindictive little pussy and I hope you never find another job.
>>
>>8126296
Keep it up bro, sounds like you're in for a fun ride there. Learn as much Espanol as you can (if you can) from the dishwashers, it comes in handy.

When you get in the kitchen, be ready to bust your ass. Don't be stupid, and don't hesitate about shit. Your actions should be deliberate. It's better to spend 5 seconds asking a dumb question and getting a proper (probably angry) answer than to spend 2 minutes thinking about it and then fucking up.

I started out as a dishwasher, too... like 10 years ago; first night I worked was crazy. The other two dishwashers made me the "runner," which basically meant putting away all the cleaned dishes/utensils/cookware- while also fetching everything the line cooks needed, getting everything for the bar (buckets of ice/cases of beer/liquor/paraphernalia in general), getting everything for the dining room side of the house (ice/fucking 9000 different things because servers don't know where their own shit is stored) despite not knowing where any of that shit was kept. The chef also poured a dump bucket from the bar full of alcohol and cigarette butts on me near the end of the night as a "welcome to hell" gift. I filled that bucket with ice water, climbed onto the roof of the walk-in cooler with it and dumped it on him an hour later. Everyone told me I did an amazing job but I didn't really get why, I didn't even know what time it was until 1am when we finally got done cleaning up the place. One of the most fun nights of my life. I miss those days when dozens of people would be lined up outside waiting to get into the place - when the bar was so full there wasn't even room to stand.
>thanksobama.mp4
>>
>>8113652
You sound like a fat beta male.
If that shit ever happened to me I would take my McApron off and quit.

If a guy threatens to punch me a lone I would go to HR.

I work corporate in. A respectable position so things might be different.
>>
>>8116306
>useless degree
Hope you like washing dishes for a while.
>>
Went off on someone while the line was prepping for dinner service. I'm pretty tired of their shit. They may get all of their prep done ASAP, but it's fucking sloppy. sous got upset, not just with me, but also because this person is known to be hard to work with. I might get fired because I've fucked up mysel recently, oh well. You gotta own up to your shit.
>>
>>8116543
Heroin addict in the kitchen. Why do you do that shit? Why not have the decency to do that after work? Are you disappointed in yourself? I know your pre to must be. Hope things get better for you.
>>
>>8120470
With those kind of hours you must be making like 4K a month what's the problem?
>>
>>8126357
not him but that's not even close to 4k a month
>>
>>8126357
Like I said, I work to buy coke so I can work to buy coke to work. I don't sleep or have time for anything. Got out at 3am after going in at 9 am, and guess who opens again at 9 today? Literally haven't slept in 3 days.
>>8121965
Yeah I know I just have to stick it out. I do all kinds of extra cleaning when I close and bossman pretty much sucks me off. Gave me a 1.50 raise starting today, that was dope.
>>
>>8126428
I make 10.25. Time and a half makes like 15. I do gross 4k, but at 160 a ball shit adds up.
Let's be honest I am 24, a dish bitch and a fiend, I don't have a life anyways
>>
>>8126461
>I work to buy coke so I can work to buy coke to work
How often do you shit?
Had a head chef with a habit who had seven (7) shits a day

On a related note, I was speaking to the head of the catering school here, who read me an email from the head chef in a large hotel, it went:
>Hello, it's Heather here, if you have anyone with any nouse that needs a job, send them over to me, we're hiring for the summer now. Thanks in advance
PS. No coke heads
>>
Anyone else running a kitchen by themself here?
>>
>>8125030
They are a different creature, requiring more foresight and patience than organization and the ability to consistently get food out on time and to the standard.

And some of them, like the guy I replied to, seem to think that they are somehow better than the line cooks they work with, not just different.

Plus they sometimes get there own kitchens, at least in big operations. Makes some guys jelly.

And many end up in pastry becasue they cannot hack the line, which sounds like a guy who 'just ended up there lol'.

The whole package CAN leave a bad taste in a hard working line cooks mouth...

disclaimer*: I have worked with excellent pastry chefs who maintain their humility and can run a station during service, but they are by far the minority.
>>
>>8126528
All the pastry chefs I've come across in the last 10 years are mostly females, male or female they were always precious personalities who worked quite slowly and particularly and couldn't handle being told what to do or take criticism

I basically consider pastry chefs to be delicate people who want to work under their own conditions and can't handle any banter or outside input whatsoever

t. chef
>>
>>8126341
Except this wouldn't go anywhere, HR are notorious for not getting shit done. An investigation would be launched and proof of the incident would be asked for, heck the manager wouldn't even push it up the line because they are lazy. They would blow it off and act like nothing happened.
>>
Started last month in a Hotel in the heart of Montreal.

4 kitchens in total. Double sided line (serves 2 restaraunts) with prep room, Patisserie, Banquet Kitchen, and Terrace. So far worked in all of them but mostly the terrace which has me dying of fucking boredom.

Spent two hours last thursday mincing grapes, making lime supremes, and cutting paper thin cucumber slivers just to throw it away.
>>
Last night in Mc Donalds we made 1500 pound an hour for a few hours during the overnight, anyone else top that?
>>
>>8126428
Bro I make 4K working 8 hour days I grew up pretty rich do people really get that kind of low pay working in restraunts?

>>8126466
oh ok then why spend that on useless shit? Why not just quit save your money and get a Roth IRA it's not too late for you. At 7% interest you can retire a millionaire at 65 if you max out Roth IRA and be more frugal.

>>8126699
Wow holy shit, yeah I'm not sure your HR sounds like shit in America if they even think you were threatened they fire said person on the spot. No write ups nothing like that.
>>
>customers think the passbar is a fucking ordering window
>"gluten free" written on the ticket
>old people ordering fish and chips, "very, very well done" steak and chicken tenders
>"medium rare, closer to the rare side"
The worse
>>
>>8126828
UK, Northern Ireland. Not American
>>
How often do you guys wash your hands? In Mc Donalds it's every half an hour but near enough nobody follows that rule but me, they don't give a shit if someone gets sick because of them.
>>
>>8106971
> the damn health inspectors
you mean those fucking faggots you dick sucking managers always pay to look the other way while you faggots never wash your hands?

As a food service worker who always does, Fuck you. Sincerely.
>>
>>8126828
>Bro I make 4K working 8 hour days I grew up pretty rich do people really get that kind of low pay working in restraunts?
Yes, poor people exist you fucking idiot. I net 4200 a month working 40 hour work weeks as an engineer and work weekends at McDonalds because Im not a lazy, decadent, piece of shit.
>>
>>8126828
As someone with both a 401K with employee match and an IRA, saving for retirement is overrated. All that money goes towards replacing your hips and pills to save off death for maybe 2 or 3 years. Spend while young, live simply when old, being an old millionaire is a waste of money and fun.
>>
>>8126351
That was over a decade ago. I've been clean for years now. I'd do it at work because 1. I was the only one there. 2. I'd show up dope sick because I was poor, and the first thing I would do when I got there was take a $20 draw, call my dealer, and then get well in the kitchen. 3. My shifts were longer than 4 hours, which is about as long as a heroin dose lasts, so I'd have to reboot my high mid-shift to avoid being sick again.
>>
>>8125030
>>8126528
Why are women always pastry chefs? Is it because they can't handle the bants or pressure of the line?
>>
>>8126528
Guy you replied to here. I definitely don't think I'm "better" than the (good) cooks on the line; I worked on the line for 8 years before moving into a catering gig and realizing I hated cooking tickets. Now I don't have to. It does require a different mindset, although the place I work at has enough surprise catering jobs... sometimes feel the rush of working the line on days when the boss comes up in the middle of me making mousse or something and says "hey I need you to make 30 key lime pies right now for a job because I forgot about it and the party's in 2 hours"

One big difference between working the line and doing pastry is that I'm always busy, which is nice. There are no "slow days," if I run out of things to do then it's time to go home, otherwise I'm doing 3-4 recipes at a time. So yeah, it's a different kind of beast.

Maybe one day I'll turn into a precious snowflake pastry dude if I work this job long enough but it hasn't happened yet I don't think. I do understand the perception though, our previous baker worked literally twice the hours I do and made less than half of the in-house dessert menu that I make, and he didn't even do anything for catering jobs (they outsourced all that before I took over). I really don't know what the fuck he was doing 90% of the time.

I still like to rub it in your faces when I get drunk and shitpost on 4chan that I literally have Willy Wonka's job
>>
>>8127000
no he means the anal bitches who literally get on their hands and knees with a tape measure to be absolutely sure the bottom shelf is far enough off the ground, or try to give you a temp violation by temping food you're not done cooking yet, just taking from the grill to the oven
>>
>>8127269
Girls fucking love dessert and cute shit, so of course they're going to want to have a job where they make that stuff. Most of them wouldn't even consider working in a kitchen otherwise.
>>
>>8127258
We used to have a chef who was a heroin addict. Guy had a wife and kids, I feel bad for all of them. One day he showed up all sorts of fucked up, could barely move. He was fired right then.
>>
>>8126975
I'm very hygenic and I constantly wash my hands with soap at any given moment. Also my cutting boards and knives don't go uncleaned for more than a minute.

As of recently, I have been known to call out people acting like retards, blowing their nose and not washing their hands, handling $100 worth of steaks and shit. Drives me up the wall
>>
File: 17fkcg4gkvlx.png (340KB, 984x1006px) Image search: [Google]
17fkcg4gkvlx.png
340KB, 984x1006px
>>8118398
Had some deadbeats from the amazing race rush into my restaraunt once and buy a banana then ask to take a picture with me
>>
File: 1469891818450.jpg (59KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
1469891818450.jpg
59KB, 640x436px
>>8127258
Sous chef here who works 50 plus hours a week, and also an addict. 4 hours? Damn man, I work 8 to 10 hour swing shifts and can make it through unscathed if I boot up a fatty before my shift, which is what's about to happen. The bosses love me, heroin addiction makes it so I never have to take bathroom breaks and don't feel a thing. Sliced the tip of my pinky off with the cheese slicer slicer the other day during the lunch rush. Whatevs, toss that salad out (cuz i could see the tip of my finger on it through the shaved parm) toss a glove on that bloody hand and bust out a bunch of apps and salads while simultaneously prepping in my 60 sec intervals.

Worked hard enough to get a week off soon and I'm going to try to quit the dope but I'm worried the kitchen is going to either fall apart without me there or when I return they are going to see me sober for the first time (and hopefully only slightly sick still) after knowing me for over a year and be like wtf happened I've never seen you take a shit before in my life why da fuq you need hourly shit breaks for your terrible diarrhea? Advice, anyone?

Also this is now a heroinfag kitchen bitch thread lol jk
>>
>>8127739
Is it your first time kicking? I'd try suboxone or methadone before going cold turkey, especially if you're working. Both or those things constipate you just as much as or maybe even more than any other opiate, so you still won't be shitting very often. I'd recommend taking a stool softener though because when it is time to shit it can be rough while on that stuff. Suboxone didn't work very well with me because I would end up selling/trading them half the time and just buy real dope. Methadone worked for me because I went to a clinic where they drug tested me and put tabs on me so I was less likely to fuck up. Different things work for different people though, so you just gotta figure out what works for you.
>>
>>8126975
I keep a bucket of hot soapy water where I work and use that to wipe off anything, probably using that and a towel to dry off every minute or so when I'm cooking

Then I wash them thoroughly in the sink whenever necessary like before/after handling raw meat or mixing with my hands etc

Still, the fact that I'm handling peoples food with the hand I jerked off with last night seems a bit strange even if it has been cleaned haha
>>
>>8127520
this
touch anything that's not a utensil, the work surface, or whatever you're working with, wash your hands
finish a task wash your hands
go to the bathroom wash your hands twice, once in the bathroom and once when you get back to the kitchen
pretty much, do anything and wash your hands

for an average eight hour shift, you should probably be washing your hands about two dozen times at least
>>
>>8128384
should either be a sanitizer bucket or also have a rinse bucket
>>
>>8128772
why
>>
>>8129066
soap residue
>>
>>8112753
My first kitchen job was dishwashing at an old folks home. Which is as glamorous as it sounds.

Offer to do prep work with your downtime. if you can prove yourself competent on the line you'll be out of the dishpit someday.
>>
>>8113142
>dishwasher stories.
>in college, do a full weekday dinner on the dishpit with 1 other dishmonkey.
>end of the night, last load. manager notices the machine is running well below a safe temperature.
>everything comes off the shelves, everything gets rewashed by hand because shithead manager is panicking.
>>
Well, OP here, got a story for y'all but it needs some explaining first

I was in culinary school 2 years ago, had to leave because I pulled a Gordon Ramses and chew the fuck out of another student for dumb shit

Anyways here's the story
>Chefs have us run a 3 course live lunch menu
>We made our preps the day before, everything was ready for line
>I'm on desert station, we don't have much to do until the dessert
>appetizers go first, all is good
>plates come back, main course start getting plated
>Notice the pile of dishes in the dish pit that no one's running
>Dish pit is an absolute mess, and this is a school kitchen, so there's no dish pit guy
>Decide to take it upon myself to man the dish pit until dessert time arrived
>Head chef noticed what I'm doing, asks me what the heck I'm doing
>Tell him that there should be someone on the dish pit but no one planned that on the menu plannings, so took the executive decision to do so

After the run was done, he told the rest of the class I was the only person that noticed the one flaw the head chef left for everyone to try to realize: the fuck dish pit

It was all a test, a ruse to see who would spot it first and I got the balls to take it on me to do the dirty job
>>
>>8106971
AAA 4-Diamond Award for the 5th consecutive year

got to work garm instead of dish. prep sheet really needs to be consolidated into breakfast+lunch and dinner instead of 'jumble of items from both shifts that do not intersect at any point'. mystery items need to be added to this list because telling me 'but not all the stuff is on there' is not helpful. i ended up scrubbing it for the most part and just making +1 or more of all the shit in my rolltop and reach-ins, usage-dependent.

sous chef, bartender, me

Thing 1 and Thing 2

sous chef hands down
>>
>>8129524
>>Decide to take it upon myself to man the dish pit until dessert time arrived
atta babe
>>
>>8123710
I am. Nobody has initiative, hustle or even a small care. Everybody where I work is always trying to lifehack everything completely disregarding common sense and decency. From blowing your nose and not washing your hands, seasoning the chicken with floor and yelling profanities infront of customers, I see it all the time.

And they get butthurt when I call them out on their dumb shit. I'm glad that there's several competent managers along with one good line cook I work with frequently.
>>
>>8129387
it's called a towel, you use it to wipe

do you also bathe in sanitizer after your shower?
>>
Anyone work in places where you run out of rags/aprons/uniforms? Currently working in one and it's a shitshow. I have to worry everyday if I'm going to have two dry cloths to hold the giant stock pot as I transfer the stock
>>
>>8129524
Good man
>>
>>8129732
yep, fucking FOH people use them willy nilly for anything

I've started to put some aside in a place they don't know when they're delivered to make sure I got mine for the week
>>
>>8129828
It's a vicious cycle
not enough rags>people start hoarding/hiding them>not enough rags ad infinitum
>>
>>8107404
SKILLETS
>>
>>8129872
I'm the only one using them for the kitchen 6 days of the week

the FOH people use lots of there's a big stack and hardly any if there's only a few

they don't seem to realise that it's the same amount delivered each week so we're limited to that amount no matter how many are currently in the stack

I caught one of them using 8 of them to wipe the floor when we've got a perfectly good mop
>>
>>8129732
>>8129828
>>8129872
>>8129978

where i work, hot side uses 13 serviettes (not purple/blue kitchen towels) to set up the line every day. cold side uses like 6 i believe.

the standard kitchen rags are too thick/look like shit when you're using them to line the surfaces on your station.
>>
>>8107404
then don't post cunt
>>
>>8113836
Can't speak for McDicks but at BK every veggie has to be sliced and food is actually cooked over a flame. Buns are toasted too
>>
Is it worth getting a culinary degree?
How hard is the work in the kitchen?
>>
>>8111861
what state you work in? I might know that dishwasher.
>>
>>8130088

how old are you? that would be my first question.. if you're 18, then yeah, it might be worth it.

go to the nicest restaurant in your area and beg them to let you wash dishes before you sign up for school. if you fit in with the work, and if what your superiors are doing inspire you after 6-8 months, then yeah, sign up for culinary school.

if you're older than 20, then just got wash dishes someplace and ask to do the shit nobody else in the kitchen wants to do. the bitch work; the repetitive tasks; the things the dudes above you just take for granted that they'll have to do every single day.

if you still like doing these things (they suck, but for whatever reason, kitchen people like doing these things), then try to immerse yourself in food related things. watch technique videos, watch chef's table on netflix, buy some badass cookbooks and read them cover to cover..

kitchen work is hard as fuck. it's mentally taxing, it takes a lot of effort interacting with other people in that environment, and physically you're going to work 50-60 hour weeks.

it's the only place i've ever felt comfortable, though. i love what i do.

>sous chef in fine dining in arguably the best restaurant in the city i'm in
>>
>>8124956
>because I went crazy
???
>>
>>8130102
I am 18.
Thanks a lot for the tips anon!
>>
>>8130112

a culinary degree is literally what you make of it.. it can give you a head start at the age you are at, but what it can't give you an edge on is work ethic.

i'll take a kid who has a strong work ethic who knows nothing about kitchen work aside from being able to keep his head down and work hard and quickly correct when he makes a mistake vs. a culinary grad who thinks he knows everything and feels entitled to work beside me.

if you have the work ethic AND the culinary school background, fuck.. you're gonna be a force to be reckoned with. but a good work ethic trumps schooling every time in this line of work (assuming both are mutually exclusive).

i never went to school, but i've taken more than a few culinary grad student's jobs.
>>
>>8127024
Then people need to fucking step it up. I'm also an engineer and I'm only 22 there is no excuse for someone in there 20s to make less then 4K a month. I don't even have a college degree.

>>8127030
>don't save for retirement
Thats retarded logic.
>>
>>8129701
still leaves soap residue if you don't rinse bruh. don't shower with sanitizer but do rinse off after soaping up
>>
>>8130106
literally started having panic attacks, which only increased my already present depression. been on disability a couple of years, and my first night back kicked my ass so bad, did not realize I was that out of shape
>>
File: 1474858596901.jpg (38KB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
1474858596901.jpg
38KB, 330x328px
>>8130329
>bruh
>>
>>8125115
no deaf girls allowed only Lily is best girl
>>
>>8130120
Curious, what usually is the catalyst for letting someone jump from dishwashing to the line or from the line upwards? Just mechanical skill?
>>
>>8130456
show up on time, show a good work ethic, do more than is asked of you. people notice that shit and cooking can be taught, a work ethic though, by the time you're out in the world you either have it or you don't and an employer has no way of knowing before hand if someone has it, so by showing a good work ethic you increase your value
>>
>tfw job uses cast iron pans for everything
>the onset of carpet tunnel at the end of the week
>>
File: 1471586785020.jpg (391KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1471586785020.jpg
391KB, 1125x1600px
>>8112753
Ayy, waddup? I float between dish and prep, we usually have 2-3 people in the back, so getting shit done efficiently and with skill usually isn't a problem.
>>
File: wrist-exerciser.jpg (16KB, 420x263px) Image search: [Google]
wrist-exerciser.jpg
16KB, 420x263px
>>8130690
>>
>>8130789
But that squeezing motion is what hurts.
>>
>>8130881
Then quit being a pussy faggot and bite the pain. Or you know, find another job.
>>
>>8130904
I wasn't ever asking for for help. But you know, maybe flipping those quarter ponders at your job is a little less strenuous.
>>
>>8130953
>oh boo hoo my job is so hard
ok son
>>
>>8130974
OK listenow here you little shitdick. I'm doing 1200 covers a night on a 2 man line with just me and the dishes hopping up to funk up a few side salads when the servers manage to press their grimly greasy jewey hands to the POS between. Their smoke breaks. I just got a raise up to 9 an hour as a congratulations for getting my 2nd Michelin star. I run the books and keep this ship tight. Tighter then your precious little boy pusay when that 4 top of 20 something cuties come in. So next time you wanna swing that big dick of your around you better yell "corner!" Because I'm gonna be waiting for you with a Damascus Santoku. You little shit.
>>
>>8131025
sounds like I hit a nerve son, you need to learn to keep yourself in check or your gonna let that shit out at work and that'll be the end for you
>>
File: engineering.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
engineering.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>8131025
Is this a new pasta?
>>
>>8112753
At my job any time it looks like a dishwasher is going to stay we always do out best to organize their dishes. Dishwashing is a bit of a lowly job I suppose but they are so fucking necessary and anyone that does strictly dishwashing is loved
>>
>>8130055
im a prep bitch at a mid-level restaurant so Im not sure what you mean by line the surfaces of your kitchen, for what purpose
>>
>>8113142
>Dishwasher at Swiss Chalet in my senior year of high school
>Servers just dump shit on the counter and don't even bother trying to put things in the general area they're supposed to go
>At least 200 rotisserie spit bars per shift
>Most of the time I was alone
>EVERYTHING stank of old chicken fat
>The dish machine didn't work properly half of the time, and my spic manager didn't want to pay for replacement parts
The only redeeming quality about that place was that I worked there with friends. We swore at each other in Farsi every chance we got.

Thankfully, the same year I got another dish job that was much better.
>>
>>8131426

folded, crisp new white linen that you dampen and place neatly on basically all stainless surfaces where you'd place things.

it's so things don't slide around (bottles, trays, cutting boards, etc) and then on the stainless shelves above the range/flat top/whatever hot appliance it's so bottles don't melt/so pans don't slide around when you're moving quickly.

plus it looks really nice and makes cleanup super easy in that you won't have to scrub the surfaces like crazy and it's a reminder to go over every part of your station when yoiu're closing so pretty much if you get all the linens, you won't accidentally leave a sauce out, etc.
>>
>>8131516
Reminds me of this (from Kitchen Confidential):

>This explains why side-towels are hoarded like gold by good line cooks. When the linen order arrives, the smart cookies fall onto it voraciously, stashing stacks of the valuable objects anywhere they can hide them. One cook I knew would load them above the acoustic tile in the ceiling above his station, along with his favorite tongs, favorite non-stick pans, slotted spoons, and anything else he figured he needed on his station and didn't want another cook to get. I'm sure that years later, though that restaurant has changed hands many times since, future generations of cooks are still finding stashes of fluffy, clean side-towels.
>It's not just clean that you value in a side-towel — it's dry. It's nice, wiping the rim of a plate with a slightly moist one, but try grabbing a red-hot saute pan handle with a wet towel, and you'll learn fast why a fresh stack of dry towels is a necessity. Some traditional European kitchens still issue two towels per cook at the beginning of the shift: one to work with while the other dries on the oven handle. This strikes me as criminally parsimonious. I like a tall stack, conveniently located over my station, in neatly folded, kitty-cornered, easy-to-grab fashion, and I don't ever want to run out. I'll rip through twenty of them in the course of an eight-hour service period, and if it costs my masters a few bucks extra, tough. I'm not burning my hand or wiping grease on my nice plates because they're too mean to shell out for a few more rented towels.
>>
>>8130268
Grossing 4k aint shit lil bitch, if you're a 22 year old engineering without a college degree you're either making 45000 a year or your dad owns a firm. I'm a 24 year old making 65k and I have a degree lil bitch, eat a diq
>>
>>8131535

oh dude, i love towels. thursday is linen day and i definitely grab an entire pack of white linens for this purpose and then fold a whole bag of the blue heavy duty kitchen ones for the squad to use.
>>
>>8131547

I'm 23 making $72K a year with a high school diploma, so eat some fat hairy Grecian balls ya lil cockwhore
>>
>>8131239
Some of the recent pasta has been of decent quality
>>
Sprained my ankle, doctor has me in a boot for two weeks. How do I work the line?
>>
>>8130456
It usually takes someone on the line quitting or getting fired. Then they'll move you up if they think you can handle it.
>>
Just started at a new kitchen today. Who /multiplejobs/ here?
>>
>>8131781
I work as a morning prep guy for a local burger joint, at a grocery store doing atock, and I go to college at night. And then I wonder why I have no life.
>>
File: 1362492135169.jpg (22KB, 224x220px) Image search: [Google]
1362492135169.jpg
22KB, 224x220px
> all these deadbeats and junkies working in kitchens

AND I THOUGHT SERVERS WERE DISGUSTING...

jesus christ you people need to fucking find another profession
>>
>>8131816
I think you might have the wrong board.
>>>/trash/ is more up your alley.
>>
>>8131824

Why is it server bitches and kitchen staff always have this psuedo intellectual sense about themselves?

you all cook food for a living...and then have to rely on the kindness of your customers to pay for your fucking drug habits it seems.

I was a busboy when I was 17...I know what you all are like...the pay is shit...the work is shit...everyone fucks each other and everyone is a junkie.

Also I should have called ICE multiple times for the amount of fucking illegals working in the back.
>>
>>8131839
Damn son, that edge is sharper than my new Global. Bravo.
>>
>>8131560
daddys law firm detected ass bitch
>>
>>8131854
is it really?

im just reading this thread for funny stories and all i hear about is whining and junkies shooting up heroin on inspection day and all this degenerate shit.
>>
>>8131906

>i have to go on a taiwanese cartoon forum to pick on people who earn an honest day's living to make me feel good about myself

wew lad.. why should i care what you think?
>>
>>8132032
> honest day's living

yeah youre the only folks who do honest work.

Unless you work on wall street or in politics....most work is honest so that fucking trope of bullshit doesnt fly here.
>>
>>8132034

when did i ever say that what we do is the only form of honest work?

my point is that making fun of anybody who does an honest day's work is pretty pathetic. i respect any kind of labor.
>>
>>8132075
You clearly missed the whole point I was making out that there are literally drug addicts in the kitchen preparing people's food.

I dont expect PhDs and highly educated people to make my food but holy fuck I didnt expect managers to just hire degenerate drug addicts who shoot up at work to be deemed essential employees.
>>
>>8132094

i see what you're getting at.. i've been in the industry for 5 or 6 years and i've only encountered a handful of actual drug addicts. most kitchen people like to drink and smoke weed, but i've never seen anybody doing drugs while at work.

i've been in fine dining for the past couple years though so the standards are set much higher. there's no room for fuck up degenerates in a high end kitchen.. at burger joints and bars, sure, but not nicer places.
>>
>>8131516
I see what you mean now.
Cooks will do that at our place too but I don't think every inch of their work surfaces are covered. They certainly don't care for the colour
>>
>>8132094
Well they are Mexicans, what were you expecting? They work 14 hours a day and are all on speed. A lot of them will sell you some by the way, if you're ever looking.
The back of house guys who are white are usually drunks and ex cons.
The only guys int he industry with better drug connections than the bus boys are doormen . Not the bouncers in the club, the guy at the door. He always can get you anything, if he felt like it.
>>
>>8126828
Because I don't want to live past 40.
>>8126476
I only do key bumps on smoke breaks, and unlike everyone else I limit myself to three per shift, even when I pull a 16. I actually do most of it at home while I read cookbooks and practice recipes
Anyways it's paid off, I got to jump on the line today after all the coke sniffing and ass busting, iniially just a training thing but I killed it so it's official im out of the dish pit, on the line making 15/hr and I get to have a 40hr week.
>>8131816
lol dude get out of your house
BOH are always scum, why do you think we slave away hidden in the kitchen for low pay while Chad and Stacy get hundreds of bucks a night in tips for looking pretty and carrying out your food? I work at a five star joint and I am the oonly BOH guy who isn't a felon. You think I am bad, at least I spend the money for coke; at Denny's EVERYONE but me did meth and/or crack and I worked with three child molesters, two of them were FOH. We know we suck.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
On a scale from 1 to 10, how clean is this plate? Because this is the fucking average where I work and it drives me up the wall.

Apparently using soap and a little bit of elbow grease is something of an olympian effort.
>>
>>8133078
depending on the material, 6-7/10
>>
>>8133078
>>8133078
6/10 if that's just leftover water from them being stacked dripping wet still

2/10 if it comes out of the dishwasher looking like that

seems like you just want to have a bitch and came here cause you're too piss-shit to say anything to other people or have them actually listen to you
>>
>>8133078
That's no good, dude. 4/10.
There's still leftover sauce/food/whatever on the bottom left, plus it's stained with grease.
>>
>>8133078
Hope you guys don't like getting tipped.
>>
>>8133078
2/10 it should be clean enough that you could eat off of it
>>
how do you guys keep eating fast food? I worked at 2 different chains now and the people there don't give a flying fuck about hygiene. one of the places I worked at had fucking rats and they didn't really give a fuck.
not joking this shit has scarred me for life
>>
>>8113142
Oh I know that feel, had a 500 person event at work yesterday, both dishwashers left early to "pick up their kids" leaving the cooks to finish the mountain of dishes left over since the 2 dishwashers just slacked off til they had to leave early. Fuck lazy incompetent dishwashers.
>>
>>8133512

I've noticed that the customers don't give a flying fuck about hygiene either. How many of them do you see who actually wash their hands before they pick up their burger and fries to eat them?
>>
>>8133537
yeah, well that's the customers own fault then but I expect people in the food industry to care about this. just for the customers who actually care about hygiene
>>
>>8120338
>What did he mean by this
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8129701
There's a difference between "clean" and "sanitary" and anyone working in a kitchen should know this.
>>
>>8133512
Really? I worked at a Burger King a couple years ago, and their health and cleanliness standards were way higher than any of the independently owned restaurants I have worked at. There was constantly inspections and faggots coming in watching us to make sure we were doing everything properly.
>>
File: 1298665335031.jpg (165KB, 510x610px) Image search: [Google]
1298665335031.jpg
165KB, 510x610px
>>8133512
Ask me how I know you're full of shit. Wanna know? Because chains have corporate inspections for hygiene on top of the normal ones that are mandatory from the city.
Wanna know why? Cause they don't want to pay fines or get sued.
I'll guarantee you the food storage area of a typical McDonalds is better than a typical family restaurants .
>>
>>8133807

That jives with what I see in the local paper. I always read the restaurant inspection sections and the big chains like McD's, Taco Bell, etc, are nearly always in the 90's if not a perfect 100. It's the small chains or Mom-n-Pop places that are always getting hammered by bad inspections.
>>
its the worst god damn profession, i fucking regret like hell of giving it 10 years of my life
>>
>>8133839
why is that anon?
>>
>>8133930

shit hours, shit pay, shit people, shit working conditions
>>
>>8133941
couldnt that just be the place you worked at?
>>
>>8133264
>seems like you just want to have a bitch and came here cause you're too piss-shit to say anything to other people or have them actually listen to you

I've asked managers about it and they said just to wipe it. Same thing with the dishwashers but they don't give a shit
>>
>>8132094
what you're not getting is it's long hours and hard work for not a lot of money. who besides the desperate can you rely on to consistently show up and do the work? these days all the little whiny bitches want cushy jobs, it's the same reason there are so many illegals in the construction field
>>
>>8133078
0/10 shit's either clean or it's dirty, there's no sorta clean
>>
today i left my station only slightly better than the way it is left for me when i work night shifts instead of going full-on anal like i normally do.
taking bets on if i get a write-up.
>>
>>8134507
had my first day back last week, only working weekends, anyways I got oveheated and felt like I was moving in slowmo by the end of the night. I'm worried I might not have done closing well enough, and kinda wondering if I still have a job. that's probably just me being hard on myself, but I still wonder
>>
>>8134538
if you were gonna get canned they would have called you in already
>>
>>8122036
>is it, though?
in my personnel opionion, yes

but what would I know

not the guy you were replying to
>>
>>8130777
chekked, wtf is going on here in teh middle panels?
>>
>>8133063
>I only do key bumps on smoke breaks, and unlike everyone else I limit myself to three per shift
he asked you about your shitting schedule

we demand answers!
>>
Anyone have a coworker start being a dick for no reason? I work the grill with a guy and we always help eachother out. Clean up today he was like I got this, it's a one man operation. Like he didn't want help at all and was pissy about it.

Don't know if he was having a bad day or was mad that I try too hard to help out. Either way it seemed he didn't want me around at all. We usually have the same routine so this is out of nowhere.

Any thoughts?
>>
I love the kitchen life.

Always trading food for drinks from the bar. Closing down a shitty night with a beer is always the best feeling.

Being with your homies when its 5 minutes to close and having a 8/10/15 top all walk in at the same fucking time.

The feels when you come in and the guy before hasn't done shit all for prep or even fucking cleaned/refilled/flipped a god damn thing for you. 911s out the ass and doing everything on the fly just to close and leave it better than the ass fuck who left it for you.

Constantly talking shit to everyone around, head out to the bar after close just to drink and talk more shit.

Industry has my heart and I don't think of doing anything else..

The people I work with are my brothers and sisters. I wouldn't want to go through the weeds with anyone else. Bonded by blood and flame.
>>
>>8135548
Ryan shut the fuck up
>>
FINALLY FREE, FINALLY OUT OF THIS JOB. HOLY FUCK FUCK THIS SHITTTTTTT

Is 300~ a lot of tables to fill? I don't really know. This was my first line job and NYC is a tough fucking place.
>>
does anyone else feel like they're a modern day pirate sometimes?

>close quarters
>battle stations
>swabbing the deck
>weird foreign people and criminals on the crew
>drunkeness and swearing abound
>>
>>8135587
oh totally,
>empty milk carton placed back in the fridge
>empty sheet trays on the cooling rack in the fridge
>uncovered shit in the fridge
>tiny shit in massive containers everywhere
>dirty containers because dishies just dont care no more

Yep, the pirate life for me.
>>
>>8135568
>Is 300~ a lot of tables to fill?
Depends on the size of your kitchen. A hundred heads per chef in a day is a proper bollocking
>>
>>8135568
in my kitchen of around 14 250~ is an average tuesday, ranging from 600-800 on weekends
>>
>>8135646
i dont know, i think like 60 tables total? its a "well" known place in downtown NYC and was my first line job. Fuck it was tough to keep up.

>>8135661
Alright. This is an eye opener I guess.
>>
>>8135666
im in a fairly popular michelin star place in nyc though, so it might be comparable.
>>
>>8135670
Oh well, so was I. On uhh Laf/ street. You?
>>
>>8135674
in the village
>>
>>8135666
>i think like 60 tables total?
How many chefs pal?
>>
>>8135677
wanna hire a (still kinda green) dorky white kid?
>>
File: IMG_1757.jpg (34KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
34KB, 275x183px
Is swamp ass an actual thing?
>>
>>8135685
no. i fill the dorky white kid niche sorry
>>
>>8135705
NO COME ON MAN PLEASE? PLEASE I NEED THE MONEY RENT IS HORRIBLE. I'll be the quiet emo faggot in the corner please!
>>
>>8135518
She doesn't know how to use a computer so she hooked up earbuds to random ports or something
>>
>>8135709
go to any restaurant you want and offer to work for free for a bit. i guarantee if you show you wanna learn and improve you'll get hired. even michelin starred places.
>>
>>8135709
im not hiring off of 4chan
>>
>>8135720
Probably. I'm in the bronx though so I'm not going down there anyways.

>>8135722
awwww b-but senpai!
>>
>work breakfast at fine dining restaurant thats part of a hotel

You guys may remember me.

>normally weekdays arent so bad unless like half the hotel is departing that day

>saturday and sunday brunch are usually pretty legitimate services

>local horse track is a pretty important venue, the yearling sales are happening now and the actual meet starts in about a week

>ton of high-end clients are having extended stays at the hotel

>hotel has been at 100% occupancy for the last two weeks straight

>every fucking day for the last two weeks has been balls to the wall and will be until the meet is over which is in late october

Holy shit kill me
>>
>>8106971
some new equipment, some new faces. Seems like that time for our restaurant where everyone wants to leave and now we have all sorts of new line cooks, hope we can handle the load
Made two new sauces today (and I didn't fuck up wowza!) and they are hot fire. Definitely going to make some for myself at home.
Barely made the green card, we cut it close.
For my shifts, probably the new cook and my sous. New cook is talkative in the good kind of way, where he is actually interesting and doesn't annoy the shit out of you with all the chatter
Oh me for sure.
A prep cook that I brought in recently. Does one of our harder cooking procedure perfectly almost everytime. Dazzles my mind
>>
>>8133941
The industry is a bitch of a mistress. You either give your life to her willingly or you get tossed the fuck out with the garbage
>>
>Cavier just came in today
>plate it on a custom ice plate and flip it for 800% markup

Easiest money we've made
>>
>>8133956

Not him, but it's literally everywhere.
Cook is the lowest paid skilled trade by a large margin

The restaurant industry is headed for a huge crash where only fast food and corporate/chain restaurant groups will survive.
>>
>>8120762

Would suggest using viola flowers instead to pop more with the green
>>
>>8135749
mmm, breakfast in hotels. I used to travel pretty regularly staying away all week for work. some pretty swanky hotels

god damn those breakfasts are soo good. part of the reason why I'm fat.

annoying how some places sit you down, then leave you for 5 minutes before they come back and take your order. why you do dis?

mmmm, full english with scrambled eggs, proper coffee and toast

>>8135717
aah

>>8135818
>Does one of our harder cooking procedure perfectly almost everytime
what process?

chocolate fondants? heard they are near impossible
>>
>>8108227

I quit and went back to school because lolkitchenhours but I started as busboy and within a year I was a server and then a teppanyaki chef at Benihana.

Culinary school is literally never necessary you can learn everything on the job and the one guy in our kitchen who went to culinary school has garbage looking food and burnt everything every time.
>>
>>8136088
>teppanyaki chef

Don't ever call yourself a chef you faggot
>>
As someone who's been a chef and a server why do you back of house guys stay? Tip money is so fucking good. Luckily I still made tips as a chef but man I couldn't imagine staying around as a line cook somewhere or dishwashing.
>>
>>8136136
I don't want to deal with customers
/people in general. I'm content with my methodical and repetitive prep work.
>>
>>8136136
If you are paid in tips, you were not a chef. Know your role and shit your hole you comi scum.
>>
I got new shoes
>>
The glory.
>>
>>8136148

i'm a sous chef and i make 10% of floor tips..

however, i helped open the restaurant and that was my original pay deal since i took an hourly pay cut to take a chance at a good opportunity.

i make over $20 an hour most nights
>>
>>8136163
Stay pleb
>>
>best dishman this world's ever seen
>treated like trashman
>quit
i don't get it. I made $11 and worked as much as the head chef, where do I find a kitchen to appreciate the dishman? What's a good rate for the dishman? I've done prep and line cook stuff as well, I'd prefer to move up and get a nice rate then go back to being the best dishman this world's ever seen. I'm thinking about downplaying the level I'm at and then just blowing away my next employer.
>>
>>8136176

>not getting a cut of the floor tips

it's like you're living in the dark ages
>>
>>8136177

there's no way a dishwasher works 10-12 hour shifts
>>
>>8136193
Kitchen helper.
>>
>>8136118

I don't. We were basically spongebob at the Krispy Krab. It's still not hard to get into the kitchen at a restaurant. I've done fine dining too.
>>
>>8136181
I get paid in a thing called salary where I decide when I want to go work and at the end of the year I'm 230k richer.
>>
Should I go to culinary school or work my way up so video related doesn't happen
https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU
>>
>>8136212

cool, man.
>>
>>8136218
The way I see it culinary school will teach you a bunch of stuff but you will master none of it. You will learn a technique and never touch it until you do it at work.
Work will teach you only based on the level of the restaurant. Mcdonalds will teach you nothing of value but you will learn shittons at a Michelin starred restaurant, for example. You will likely master whatever you learn because you should be working there for at least 6 months and you will do it everyday.

If you don't have much of a resume to get into a nice place a high position at a lower-tier place could get you in. Or you could always get in via dishwashing and become everyone's favorite that is given a chance.
Personally I was not a social butterfly but had good work ethic so I worked hard at a few places for experience, went and got a cheap 1-year degree for cooking to round out my resume and that got me into a nice place. Not the best cook but they know I work hard so even if I'm a sperg that messes up they keep me around

Work ethic is everything. Work hard, fast, smart and people will respect you there no matter your flaws. Don't even bother if you are not prepared to come work at 110% everyday
>>
>>8135545
Oh yeah my bad
Roughly four or five soft and squishy mud shits a day
>>
Head chef on holiday for a month in the deep south

I'm running the place as A senior CDP, paid pittance.

Cover for the month canceled on the first day so I'm currently on week 3 of working 6 days 14 hours.

Only other chef in the kitchen is a shit commis that used to be a kp. Women chefs, not even once.

Have to work on my own at least once a week.

Fucking hate this job, 8 years and I'm so near throwing it all away.
>>
>>8136450
My bad its week 4.

Also havnt been able to keep up with cleaning since keeping sauce prepped up is a full time job in itself.

Kitchen is a shithole

Walk in needs cleaned

Had 4 booked on Monday did 50

Had 12 booked yesterday did 45

Prep list is the size of my arm today but I can't bring myself to do anything other than prep mushrooms. I really need to make a pan Haggerty as well

Thanks for the vent ck, I'll get to it now
>>
>>8136056
yeah man we do some pretty dank shit. all the meats are made and cured in-house. everythings done from scratch.
>>
>>8136450
>>8136453
You sound like an absolute pussy and a sexist piece of shit to boot. Im glad youre having a shitty time.
>>
>>8136607
>t. Female commis on her period

Female cooks everyone
>>
>>8136615
Theyre not any worse than any sous or exec thats stressed out. You just being a faggot.
>>
>>8136618
You havnt worked in any sort of fine dining have you? Women on periods, no matter if they're managers, chefs or customers, ruin service with their short temper, irrational behaviour and shitty attitude.

A team of male only chefs will far outperform s team that has even a single woman in it. It's not sexist, it's the truth and no amount of womsplaining will fix that.
>>
>>8136632
Except the place ive been at for the last year is 100% fine dining and probably nicer than the place youre at desu. Our pastry team is all women including their sous whos probably the most rational level headed sous we have(we have 5). Every place ive been the dudes are just as, if not more often, complete dicks most of the time. Youre just a sexist piece of shit.
>>
>>8136640
Stay wrong and mad girlie, womsplaining gets nowhere :^)
>>
Shit, the best GM ive ever had was a woman.

>>8136647
Im a dude you fucking idiot.
>>
>>8133807
who said anythong about big chains? and I'm also not from america
>>
>>8136649
Course you are love. ;)
>>
>>8136660
Now youre just being a faggot.
>>
>>8136661
*you're
>>
>>8136661
your'*
>>
>>8135838
>hey guise I just watched demolition man
>>
>>8135558
That's definetly Ryan.

>>8135548
How was rehab buddy?
>>
>>8136253
the problem with culinary school is a lot of the graduates have an unjustified confidence in their skills and the mistaken belief that the way they learned to do stuff is the only correct way. I've seen so many culinary school grads argue with the chef over stupid shit. the moral here is if you insist on going to culinary school, do some research and find one taught by actual working chefs, and that does intern/externships
>>
>>8136660
>I have to ad hom to defend my shitty values...

I am currently into around two months with woman owner/chef.

She is a bit of a hardass, and can be a bit of bitch, but she has run nearly every single service since I have been there (we are closed Mondays). She has never lost her shit during service or yelled at anyone. Most people have been getting two days off a week, while she takes one in a week that makes someone complaining about yours look soft as fuck.

The kitchen is clean, prep gets done, the open kitchen gets numerous compliments every single night or day I work and she clearly does more than anyone else.

t. someone who actually has a dick and balls
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.