[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, How do you reheat spaghetti? I put it in a colander over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (121KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 980x653px
Guys,

How do you reheat spaghetti?

I put it in a colander over hot water and steam heat it with a nice dollop of olive oil to help unstick it.

Also, things that are good to put on spaghetti. Related: although I doubt I'd ever put an egg on it.
>>
I don't. It's cheap so I throw out leftovers; it's easy to make. It literally only takes 15 minutes to make boil spaghetti.
>>
>>8106587
Yeah but sometimes I want reheated bolognese in the morning and I just don't like wasting the spag since I always cook way too much anyway.
>>
File: amatriciana.jpg (318KB, 521x439px) Image search: [Google]
amatriciana.jpg
318KB, 521x439px
I hate leftover pasta - but if I must eat it I will. I find it gets too mushy if I try to reheat it.

What I do to avoid this is make lots of sauce that I can reheat whenever, and use a measuring scale to measure out exactly how much pasta I want so I avoid leftovers. Then I just make new pasta when I want.

Good things on spaghetti: Amatriciana sauce. It is God's sauce. Works even better with bucatini.
>>
>>8106593
make all the spaghetti bolognese then, why would you save cooked spaghetti by itself? that way you can just microwave that shit
>>
>>8106621
Well, yeah that makes sense but the way I do it is spoon out the spaghetti first and then put the sauce over each portion. I don't mix it altogether which actually makes more sense now that I think about. I guess I'm quite fussy about the sauce and just think of the spag as being addendum to it. Also I like to keep the sauce to put on things like toast or baked potatoes. It freezes really well too.

>>8106616
I'm terrible at measuring out. I generally cook way too much anyway which I put down to a reaction to being poor as a kid. I use A LOT of olive oil when I cook it so I tend not to get the mushy thing happen, also I keep it fairly al dente. I'll try those tips, thanks. Haven't heard of either but I love cooking pasta sauces. I make a mean Alfredo sauce too.
>>
Heat up olive oil in a frying pan & add the spaghetti & sauce. Heat until it's hot & a bit crispy in spots. It's delicious!
>>
>>8106649
Oh, I'll try this! Mmmm.
>>
File: scale.jpg (7KB, 190x246px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
7KB, 190x246px
>>8106646

Get yourself a measuring scale my friend. Only $14 on amazon, I use it for all my pasta and baking needs. A good rule of thumb for pasta is that 60g will be enough for a meal (this is usually restaurant portion size to give you an idea).

A good Alfredo sauce goes a long way - good choice. Good luck in your future pasta endeavours!

>>8106649
I second the advice of this anon - sounds like a good idea.
>>
If you've got just noodles by themselves you might be able to reheat them like rice. Wrap them up in a moist paper towel and microwave in a bowl for a minute.
>>
Just spaghetti noodles? Put them in a bowl with hot (not boiling) water and mix it around until they're hot and unstuck, then drain.

Eggs go on spaghetti. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced parsley, parmesan or similar, pepper (and salt if you like, but the lemon and cheese usually make salt unnecessary, in my opinion), and top with a fried or poached egg.
>>
>>8106664
Ok, good advice. 60g is easy enough to remember and I need to get a scale anyway. And thank you! Looked up the Amatriciana sauce so will definitely
be trying that this week. I'll post pics of the outcome.

>>8106665
>>8106666
Both excellent tips, thank you. I'll make a note of both.
>>
>>8106666
Whoops, missed the topping suggestion. Ok, I'll definitely try spaghetti suggestion as that sounds bloody lovely. I'll go for poached egg. Fried egg just seems weird to me.

Lovely idea, thank you.
>>
my mom would take the leftover noodles, mix in the sauce w/ meatballs (we served family style like the eyetalians), put grated cheddar cheese on top, and bake it. spoon the stuff over garlic toast or regular sourdough, as an open face sandwich. the best. i need to try to make that sometime.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.