[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made Dorito jam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6179.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6179.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
It came out surprisingly bland. I've never actually made jam before, so I'm not really sure where I screwed up.

1 cup Doritos (Nacho Cheese flavor)
1/2 packet liquid pectin (Bell brand, if that matters)
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water

As you can probably tell, I was mostly winging it.
>>
File: IMG_6177.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6177.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
>>8105416
Here's what it looked like before I added the water.
>>
Proud of you OP.
>>
>>8105416
Food scientist here, did you wash the Doritos before making jam? My lab does a lot of engineered additive cross reactivity testing and we've found that some of the emulsifiers and preservatives added to the chip (what give it the orange color) can react with components of pectin to essentially "lock away" the flavor. If you don't wash your Doritos before making jam, you're throwing away all the tasty goodness of your nacho cheese spread.
>>
>>8105450
Yes I always activate my Doritos before eating.
>>
File: 1471569643315.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1471569643315.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>8105450
shut the fuck up faggot
playing with your eazy bake oven in mommy's basement doesn't make you a scientist
>>
>>8105488
Let me know when you run your first Raman on an inosinate salt, kiddo.
>>
You're a sick fuck, OP.
>>
People like you are why /ck/ is my main board. This is the best board OP. Now all you need to do is make a Mountain Dew bread to spread the Dorito jam on. You are doing God's work OP.
>>
>>8105534
>>8105543
Thanks. But honestly, I think I need to improve the jam first. Like I said, it was kinda bland.
>>
you've made me officially want to major in culinary. I've been so lost all of these semesters. thank you, such inspiration. I'll name a dish after you when I make it big.
>>
>>8105416
you're an inspiration OP

SEASON IT WITH MOUNTAIN DEW let it sit on the stove on low heat and evaporate the water, and add some basilicum
>>
>>8105543
I think Mt Dew jam on Doritos bread would make more sense.
Then again, I am not the innovator OP is.
>>
>>8105450
>emulsifiers
>on a chip
lol
>>
>>8105581
How do you think the dust sticks to each chip, unicorn magic?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.