[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuff it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I think it's about time I make some stuffed peppers.
Should I mix the rice with the ground beef or have them on the side?
>>
File: 1473816623190.jpg (112KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473816623190.jpg
112KB, 512x768px
>>8103519
Stuffed peppers with the filling on the side...
What the Hell is the point, then? I'm confused now.
>>
>>8103561
Filling would be ground beef, onions, garlic, tomatoes. Or what? Hence me asking!
Easy on the booze, son.
>>
I'd like to know too. And do I really need to boil the bell peppers before stuffing and placing them in the oven? I got some bell peppers that I wanted to stuff with leftover chicken fried rice but I don't know the steps to make a good batch. What has everyone else tried?
>>
>>8103519
I've never met a stuffed pepper that I liked. I mean, maybe if it's a hot pepper, but whole chunks of bell pepper are just underwhelming.
>>
>>8103561
It's a deconstructed stuffed pepper, it's very chic right now
>>
Stuffed peppers just end up leaving the pepper soggy after the bake. Not my favorite dish.
>>
>>8103519
use rice mixed in

>>8103666
don't boil them, the peppers cook fine

also don't reuse the rice, it costs basically nothing so just use some fresh uncooked rice
>>
>>8103680
>>8103680
So we're talking +40 mins at 400 F.?
>>
>>8103681
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/222002/chef-johns-stuffed-peppers/

here's an easy recipe, it's pretty flexible
>>
File: P1090378cropres.jpg (135KB, 1000x406px) Image search: [Google]
P1090378cropres.jpg
135KB, 1000x406px
>>8103681
30 mins at 350 is all you need. No need to soak or anything.

Didn't even need an actual oven for these. I used one of them electric "roaster ovens."
>>
>>8103683
That'll work.
I just thought /ck/ was about sharing ideas, personal preferences, ideas, what went wrong, etc.
Its all cool, though.
>>
>>8103693
Stuffed peppers are pretty hard to fuck up as long as you don't leave the meat uncooked or overcook everything. I think they're literally a Depression era food. That recipe was just for reference. I like them with tomato sauce but it's not necessary. My mom used to make them without and I would drown them in Frank's because they were dry.
>>
>>8103698
I know, appreciate it. True, hard to fuck up and you can basically stuff anything in those peppers.
I was just wondering how you guys did, rice on the side or in. Guess both is valid.
>>
Most people use ground beef for stuffed peppers, but I would highly recommend ground turkey. The other favors are very mild so using turkey instead of beef allows you to taste everything as opposed to beef which can overpower.
>>
>>8104962
fuck ground turkey. ground pork is best for that.
>>
>>8104962
Sounds like a preference against beef and rather for turkey which can have a much stronger distinct flavor, and nothing to do with overpowering flavors, rofl, it's just that you like it. Stuffed peppers taste primarily of bell pepper, and the people who aren't a fan of this dish(and I am), are just the people who aren't as fond of peppers.

OP, as far as cooking beef, beforehand, together or separately, or poaching the peppers first, and simmering covered, or baking them longer, etc....it's absolutely preference and time based. People know they want the peppers fully cooked, and worry about underdone meat, so they removed the chance out of it.

You'll see a lot of variations when you google recipes, including putting no rice in it, but keeping it to the side to absorb all those yummy juices and tomato sauce. You can use other grains too, like barley, or just breadcrumbs to make it more like meatloaf (though it shrinks versus plumps like rice). You can actually do them in a slow cooker even, and it's pretty hard to overcook one, in their little steamy baskets, as long as you eye the moisture in the pan and tightly cover it. A browned finish on the top of the peppers is fantastic, and why cheese is sometimes used and browned on top. I personally think if you stay away from italian herb overkill flavoring profile, they're more unique and craveworthy. I like summer savory, thyme, paprika and marjoram instead. Sometimes I use roasted tomato puree to the pan.

If you enjoyed your venture, try eggplant, zucchini, acorn squash, which is more easymode and for packing them into the pyrex baking dish more easily, and hardmode is cabbage stuffing, followed by tamales!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.