[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is homemade pasta worth the effort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Is homemade pasta worth the effort
>>
test
>>
No, dry pasta is much more convenient and just as tasty. If what you're seeking is the satisfaction that comes from putting effort into a good pasta dish, try following a recipe for stuffed shells, lasagna, or any pasta dish that requires more than boiling + adding a sauce.
>>
No.
>>
Not according to my domestic but I make her do it anyway.
>>
If you have a pasta roller and cutter yes definitely.
>>
>>8103175

i've never had a fresh pasta that was as good as dried De Cecco.
>>
>>8103175
Yes, because flour,eggs, oil, salt, and water is easy
>>
I bought one of these fancy cool awesome pasta makers at a goodwill, brand new, for about $10 back in 2006. I haven't used it even once. :( It's really high quality though.
>>
Every Michelin Star restaurant I've visited only uses pre-made packaged shit, that's for damn sure. Totally not worth the effort. Who cares what all those decade long trained chefs think.
>>
Depends…
Some pasta - eg. the Swabian egg pasta speciality "Spätzle" - has to be prepared fresh, otherwise it tastes like shit.
For normal pasta, its not really necessary, but it can be fun to experiment.
>>
>>8103175
it's easy and much less expensive than buying fresh pasta at the store, and tastes better if you do it right. it takes a lot of time and/or planning though. dry pasta is usually the best balance of cost/convenience/taste, but it depends on the recipe
>>
>>8103175
make fresh raviolis or agnolettis etc...

you can do your own filling and better then brought ones
>>
>>8103175
For spaghetti or linguine? No. Just buy dry.
For lasagna or ravioli? Yes. Make it fresh.
>>
"Worth the effort"? No, it's not significantly cheaper or tastier.

But if you can spare the kitchen time you can have any kind of pasta in any thickness in any softness with however much egg you want fuck just throw some fucking shredded spinach on that dough oh yeah a bit of basil and oregano for that extra green taste oh baby add extra oil for extra flexibility just look at these long thick noodles bending all the way oh god
>>
everyone in this thread is simply too lazy to make pasta from scratch
it takes no longer than 20-30 minutes and you wont find the same texture in cheap store brought dry pasta
some of the more expensive store pasta made with 00 and semolina should come close

benefits of cooking fresh:
adding herbs and seasonings to your pasta
cutting into non-standard shapes
customized ravioli fillings
better quality control for the dish
fresh pasta absorbs and blends with sauces better
adjustable fat content depending on if your dish needs it
more sources of nutrients over commercial pasta
>>
Personally, I find that homemade pasta has a better texture, soaks up sauces more easily, you can control the size and shape of the noodles/dough, and really isn't hard to make at all if you start the dough in a food processor. I only make it every now and then, but man does it make for a good dish. I made some fucking great hand cut tagliatelle a while ago.

That being said, nothing is more convenient than a good supply of dry pasta for a quick dinner or snack. Fresh plain pasta doesn't give you that much of an advantage flavor-wise, but it does make a better dish for all the other reasons.
>>
>>8103175
No
Buying homemade pasta from a pasta house where they know how to make it perfectly is worth it if you buy some pasta with great filling but for noodles and shit it isn't
>>
File: coon.jpg (117KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
117KB, 612x612px
>>8103175
for a fun family project with kids, yes...
pre-packaged dried tastes the same...
for raviolis, definitely better
I learned from my grandmother and we'd spread it across the kitchen-room and it was a fun project for bonding, hanging these noodles over chairs and chairs and chairs...

>>8103189
>>8103193
>>8103388
>>8104783
>>8104834

/|\
|
these folks know what they're talking about
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.