[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY MAC N CHEESE SAUCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20160917_195335.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_195335.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY MAC N CHEESE SAUCE
>>
High heat caused the cheese to separate.
>>
>>8103011
Well fuck. If it cools down will it fix it? Or new cheese?
>>
I would say that your roux wasn't thick enough, but I haven't made cheese sauce for a while.
>>
You cooked the roux into little cheese dumplings.
>>
>>8103015
it's fucked
try this recipe next time, it's impossible to screw up, and pretty good to boot
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/10/the-food-labs-ultra-gooey-stovetop-mac-cheese.html
>>
>>8103042
>seriouseats
>deeplysuspiciousglance.jpg
>>
you broke it. bring it back with sodium citrate
>which you dont have

or mix in a bunch of parm and an egg and minced garlic, a dash of herbs, salt and pepper and use it for a toasted garlic bread spread
>>
Next time if you want to play it safe use velveeta.
>>
>>8102995
if you tell us what you did we can help.

else the best we can do is call you a faggot.
>>
Damn dude you fucked up. Were you boiling it?
>>
>>8103063
Someone should really thank America for perfecting cheese
>>
pls delet this op its really gross
>>
>>8102995
>Make basic ass bechamel
>Melt cheese in the sauce
R O C K E T S C I E N C E
>>
File: 1415790420403.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415790420403.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>8103053
It's the food lab guys, it's probably the best source of cooking information online
>>
>>8102995
did you not make a bechamel first? If you did you probably cooked it at too high a temp
>>
L
>>
>>8102995
Either acid or overly high heat has caused the sauce to break. It's fucked.

Next time, when you're incorporating the cheese into your bechamel, either take it off the heat entirely or turn the heat down very low. Ideally the residual heat in the bechamel should be plenty to melt the cheese in. It also helps to add the cheese gradually rather than all at once, stirring until each addition is completely incorporated before adding the next.
>>
more like moloch and cheese, amirite?
>>
You boiled it, didn't you, you fucking donkey
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.