[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in a michelin star restuarant (1) ask me some questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: chef-old-man-magnifico.jpg (24KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
chef-old-man-magnifico.jpg
24KB, 640x426px
I work in a michelin star restuarant (1)

ask me some questions boys im drunk and bored
>>
File: 342341123.png (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
342341123.png
15KB, 200x200px
>>8098367
Do you enjoy your work?

Have any stories where co-workers or customers pissed you off?
>>
>>8098367
What's your favorite egg dish
>>
Whats your salary
>>
>>8098369
i really do. food is my passion and being able to provide it on such an artistic and high level is actually exciting and every day brings new challenges. the whiny cooks that complain every day probably weren't cut out for it in the first place.

a recent annoyance was a customer who tried to order a marinated fish dish (marinated with miso) without any salt content. the fuckin dish is marinated man you cannot have it without salt! then the server tried convincing me and the chef that we could do it but we had to politely work around it with alternative dishes in order to appease the customer. complete annoyance and waste of time.
>>8098370
steak and eggs. dunno why really. probably because it was what my mom would cook me for breakfast a lot
.>>8098372
not salaried, i'm not an exec or a sous chef. i work in nyc and make around 13.50 an hour plus OT (nearly every day i work)
>>
>>8098367
How do you make your 'za?
>>
>>8098367
What's your favourite dish to prepare?
>>
thoughts on gordon ramsay?
>>
>>8098367
Weapon of choice?
>>
>>8098367
So your family and friends (assuming you have time for any) know that you're a chef in a high quality establishment. Do they ask to try food that you make? Do you play it safe and make chicken breast or something? Or do you make something innovative that they might not "get?"
>>
>>8098387
arrabbiata sauce and sausage, peppers and onions. parmesan and mutz.
>>8098391
i really like experimenting with risotto, rice pairs itself well with many ingredients so you have a lot of ways to creatively make it.
>>8098396
he's a cool guy. definitely earned his way to television with skill and hard work. i think he drives home the asshole chef too hard and inspires people to be like that (contrary to popular belief it's not really healthy for a kitchen) i work in a fairly laid back kitchen and the friendly environment helps new people adjust way better than having some dickhead scream at you for doing something for the first time wrong.
>>8098399
if we're talking about knives, i use a tojiro dp 8in. it's cheap and uses good steel. out of the box it's decently sharpened but with a good whetstone you have a knife that can compete with any out there. i was trained with european knives but i prefer the utility that japanese blade types provide. dont waste your money on some fancy damascus blade unless you really want that fancy cosmetic look to wow your coworkers for a day or two
>>8098402
my family constantly asks me to cook whenever i have time to make it to them. i really like having my parents cook for me because it's rare that i have someone provide me a good meal. if i have to cook for them i make them a rich stew or braise like gumbo or coq au vin, impresses and is damn tasty. also extremely hands off so i have time to be social for once in my life.

i don't try to innovate when cooking for my family because my sister is very picky. when i'm with my cook friends we like to drunkenly experiment and fuck up my kitchen doing so. a recent event reminds me of my buddy making a kind of beet puree and staining my shirt and ceiling because he wanted to taste it as it was blending and it fucking exploded everywhere
>>
>>8098412
I asked the weapon of choice question. It was a test. You passed anon.

While never starred, I've worked in several high volume kitchens for almost 20 years and chefs that actually work swear by their high quality, high value knives. Like you said, $200+ Damascus knives are for poseur paper chefs and weekend warriors trying to impress their rich friends.

But I gotta say, I don't feel right without at least 10" of steel. Eight inches just doesn't do it for me.

That last sentence sounded gay as fuck.
>>
>>8098434
i dunno. i've tried longer knives and they don't feel like an extension of my hands which i don't like. if i could cut everything with a petty i'd definitely do so. i can understand why people like longer knives because for certain situations they can be vastly better than a shorter one.
>>
How long did you spend in training to become a chef?
>>
Funny you got time for this? Me work, sleep. Pesterin my co workers. I think youre lying.
>>
>>8098378
>steak for breakfast

>Absoluetlybarbarous.tiff
>>
Why would anyone ever want to work in a restaurant (especially a Michelin star restaurant). I know you said you're passionate about food but I've read so many horror stores about the kitchen, plus all the hours you put in how the fuck do you keep yourself sane? Does it ever feel like it's not worth it?
>>
What's your favorite fine dining-mid range/cheap eats spot in nyc
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.