[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pumpkin Pie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: pumpkin pie.jpg (34KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkin pie.jpg
34KB, 640x420px
I'm wondering, how feasible is a low-carb Pumpkin Pie? I was thinking I could go with:

>Pumpkin
>Aspartame
>Eggs
>Homemade whipped cream (sugar free)
>Cupcake pans without dough

And it'd be pretty healthy. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
sure why not
>>
Avoiding carbs is a retarded meme and you're equally retarded for thinking of making a pie with no crust.

>And it'd be pretty healthy.

The only healthy thing on your list is the pumpkin.
>>
>>8097777
Sometime you already got carbs from other sources and want to avoid going overboard. I guess I'm giving OP botd.

Healthy is relative btw just end that meme.
>>
>>8097777

But how about diabetics?
>>
>>8097777
>equally retarded for thinking of making a pie with no crust.
What if you turn them into pumpkin cupcakes? Cupcakes have no crust.
>>
>>8097777
You just called eggs unhealthy. You're either a mongoloid or a retard.
>>
You can make whipped cream out of full fat coconut milk. Refrigerate a few cans overnight then punch holes in the top and pour out the coconut water - you'll be left with coconut cream. Mix it with a tsp of vanilla extract and whip until the peaks are stiff. Then take some pureed pumpkin, mix it up with some cinnamon and nutmeg, throw in an egg or two and bake it. You might have to play with the settings a bit to get it right but you should be able to satisfy your pumpkin pie jones pretty easily without killing your diet. Or just give in and buy real pumpkin pie and stuff your face and then hate yourself
>>
>>8097792
Having been there and done that I'd rather eat a small, measured slice of the real thing and take my insulin versus making some low-carb almond flour arrowroot starch soy milk Splenda bullshit and being able to eat way more than I should.
>>
>>8097828
>full fat coconut milk
OP stopped reading.

Just make real pumpkin pie and eat in moderation if you care about enjoyment.
>>
>>8097833
Just because you don't like it, others shouldn't make it?
>>
>>8097823
>he fell for the egg industry marketing

I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>8097836
He said low-carb, not low-fat. A lot of fats in coconuts are healthy and beneficial.
>>
>>8097842
If you want to spend $15 a bag on almond flour and other ridiculous shit that's your business.
You can make it if you want. I think you're fuckin' stupid.
>>
>>8097828
>You can make whipped cream out of full fat coconut milk
...why? Regular heavy cream is plenty healthy.
>>
>>8097769

I made one, I think the recipe was pumpkin, eggs, milk, spice, small bit of sugar of your choice. It was alright. You could use almond or walnuts as a crust, too.
>>
sounds like it would taste like shit. but go for it.
>>
Look man, I lost 62 lbs by going HFLC, but fuck man, don't even bother trying to replicate desserts or bread. It doesn't work, it'll just make you sad.

At best, you'll have some uncanny valley pie that tastes like Stevia.

Almond flour is costly and finicky, coconut flour is a gigantic shitbird, nothing tastes quite like sugar.

Words from the wise: Enjoy what you CAN eat, don't try to replicate what you can't.
>>
>>8099369
Also, this >>8097859 anon has the right of it. Use as little overly complicated processed shit as you can.

Just use fucking heavy whipping cream and hold back on the sugar, fatass.
>>
If you're going to make a pie without any crust you might as well just make pumpkin pie custards
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.