[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much do you tip delivery men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: PPts2.jpg (48KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
PPts2.jpg
48KB, 720x406px
how much do you tip delivery men?
>>
I usually offer him a hand job.
>>
>>8097313
I give them my mixtape
>>
around 20%, maybe more if the weather is shitty
>>
I give him a bunch of good burger king coupons. Shits worth a lot more than a few dollars.
>>
>>8097313
$20, $30 for shit weather, and nothing for bad service. Because of my tip rates people seem to deliver food to me way faster than normal and they toss in lots of free crap.
>>
>>8097313
15% rounded up to the nearest dollar. More if it was delivered fast, or the driver is a cute grill.
>>
15%
A buddy of mine delivered pizza on a campus, he got so much pot as tips that he started reselling it. One guy tipped him with a lamp.
>>
>>8097313
0€, no one tips jack shit here, it's not part of our culture
they get paid to bring me my shit and that's all the money they're gonna see
should've went to university if they wanted more
>>
As an ex delivery guy, if you tip $20 every time, the drivers are going to be fighting to take your order and it will always be their first stop
>>
>>8097499
meant for
>>8097477
>>
>Local place
If they're ahead of estimate then probably 25%. They know my address and name and know I tip well when I get my shit fast. It's a good arrangement and how tipping should work.

>Any place I'm not planning on ordering from again
lol no
>>
>>8097482
>One guy tipped him with a lamp
what kind of crackhead does this?
>>
minimum $5 and 20% otherwise, or sometimes a straight hundo on a big party order.
Im a minor legend in my area among the delivery food set
>>
>>8097473

you mean the good ones that come in the little tear out book, right? not the faggy big sheet ones in the mail
>>
File: 1473926004344.jpg (81KB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473926004344.jpg
81KB, 1066x600px
>>8097479

This, ill tip double if she smiles at me desu especially if shes a petite brunette
>>
>>8097477
>hundreds of dollars over for dozens of dollars of "free" stuff
>>
>>8097662
They work a real shitty job and I have a decent amount of disposable income, I don't do it for the free stuff. Delivering pizzas when it is snowing and -30 or lower sounds like hell.
>>
>>8097669

I have more disposable income because I don't spend more than I have to for the same product.
>>
>>8097669

exactly, the tip is for doing something I am otherwise too lazy/busy to do myself, it's an acknowledgement that I am a privileged actor in this arrangement and the other is doing me a favor
>>
Does delivering pizza on a cool summer night in that city in that truck seem comfy as fuck to anyone else?
>>
>>8097669
I live in LA so I guess it's different. There is never extreme weather beyond the time it slightly rains twice a year
>>
>>8097676
To yourself or the person delivering?
You're the only one to whom something can be proven in this scenario.

They are already being paid. The only reasonable part of the arrangement that's resulted from this tip-giving obsession is delivery people tacitly auctioning off the first stops of their rounds.
>>
File: Unknown-1.jpg (12KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
12KB, 214x235px
>>8097313
a stick of gum. they're in a service industry after all.
>>
>>8097549
a college student
>>
>>8097313
Nothing.

They are paid a living wage here.
>>
>>8097313
5-10 bucks. Mostly depends on the cost of the business they work for unfortunately.
>>
>>8097669
I'm guessing you order a lot of pizza at once though, when you do order it

Paying the cost of the pizza twice sounds idiotic
>>
Delivery people, is it better if you tip before or in person?
>>
>>8097444
naicu triparu
>>
>>8097459
>this
Driving around, sitting in traffic in a hot car that smells like grease and most likely food you have grown to hate while literally taking the most dangerous form of travel is shit enough even when the weather is perfect.
>>
File: 1472765758253.png (32KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472765758253.png
32KB, 252x200px
Here's a tip for delivery drivers,
Get a real job.
>>
>>8097313
Ehhmm what? Are we suppose to do so?
>>
>>8099086
always in person and in cash if you want the delivery person to receive most of what you're handing out
>>
waitresses: 15%

delivery men, barbers, bellboys: $1
>>
I don't tip.
>>
>>8099147
Yeah but then your fat disgusting ass would have to go out into the public and nobody wants that. Give them a break for saving the rest of us from the sight of you.
>>
>>8100034
>h-here's your t-tip
>oh god I hope the d-delivery man likes me

Tipping is for cucks
>>
File: 1464492474524.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464492474524.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
couple dollars or a rip from my Roor
>>
>>8097313
$2--3
>>
>tiping
>when you dont even know if the food is good, or even hot yet.

retards.
>>
>>8097313
Nothing if im ordering from justeat (UK website that lets you order and pay online) First time ive tipped in years was last week when i ordered ten minutes before closing time so i gave the driver 2 quid
>>
10%. I hate the idea of tipping but I'll be damned if it doesn't pay off.
>>
>>8097492
>implying that isn't the new normal in the US :^)
>>
I do carryout/drive-through so that I don't have to tip
>>
>>8097669

I don't see how the weather is relevant compared to dealing with customers. That said, not my problem. My job is shitty too, I don't ask for a discount because of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 601x601px
Tip?
>>
>>8100049
Mommy could always bring din-din
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.