[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Margarita Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

i'm planning on making margaritas tomorrow night for a get together.

Any advice/tips/fun things to try?
>>
Look up a standard recipe - one that uses real lime juice, Cointreau, and decent tequila - and follow it.

Other than that, try both blended and on the rocks, and maybe an assortment or tequila, drinking a glass of each straight to see which you prefer on it's own.
>>
>>8096781
Not OP but is Cointreau really necessary? I mean I have done Margaritas with original recipe and I have done some tequila sours (with lime ofc) and I couldn't notice a big difference between em.
>>
>>8096839
Just get the off brand triple sec and save yourself the $40 a bottle of Cointreau. Most won't notice if you use the dekuypper (sp) stuff.
>>
>>8096771
>i'm planning on making margaritas tomorrow night for a get together.
Frozen limeade concentrate is cheat mode and my favorite way too :)

Buy triple sec/cointreau, reposado tequila (go ahead and get hornitos/sauza or something else you like, park all bottles fridge to be chilled, so that blender margaritas are cold for a longer time. Prep some simple syrup, or buy some agave syrup for those who like it sweet. Squeeze some limes, and oranges too. Buy some seasonal fruit that you enjoy: mango, watermelon, strawberries, to offer your guests at least the option of adding fruit to their margaritas. Prep and clean it, and refrigerate.

Bag of key limes is good to have for garnish and to add more lime juice to servings. It is the most mexican of limes, fyi. Salt rims with a swipe of the lime or orange, and sea salt. If you leave about 2 inches unsalted, your guests who watch salt might enjoy the garnish without getting too salted (or ask).

Alternative uses of tequila is tequila sunrise. Mexicans like a sangrita chaser for shots. They also quite often mix it with grapefruit, such as with Squirt soda.
>>
>>8096839
I notice a difference. I think it's required, really to have the depth of flavor. You could be used to just not having it. It's wayyy better.

Grand marnier and cointreau are both expensive..but I find the patron orange is quite often the cheapest way to go.
>>
>>8096771
proper margarita is:
quality tequila blanca
freshly squeezed lime juice
freshly squeezed orange juice
agave syrup

cointreau and triple sec are both shit. just combine those 4 ingredients to your tastes.
>>
>>8097069

>just get the off brand triple sec

Literally the entire point of telling someone to use Cointreau is to avoid making that mistake. Next you'll tell him to use lime juice out of a plastic squeeze bottle, because it's all the same shit anyways.
>>
>>8097111
think i'll try this with a lemon as well

thanks guys
>>
File: MARGA.jpg (44KB, 353x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARGA.jpg
44KB, 353x450px
I haven't tried pic related, but I plan on it soon
>>
>>8096771
Cointreau is nice, but a decent Triple-Sec will do just fine in a pinch.

Personally prefer rocks to frozen, salt to no-salt, always with a lime.

Used to make a Ruby-Red-Rita back in my bar tending days. Substitute the Margarita Mix with Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice. Fucking fantastic.
>>
If you're on a tight budget, don't stray from the original recipe. If not, get some reposado instead of blanco, and try both with lemon and with lime juice. Maybe mix them a bit to see which tastes best. Also, I always add a splash of Cholula to give it a little bite. For the rim, you can go stay with salt, or make a Tajín rim.
>>
I use the 3-2-1 recipe. Three parts silver tequila, two parts fresh squoze lime juice and one part cointreau. However after reading thru this I am going to try the orange juice/agave syrup replacement for cointreau. That is some expensive liqueur.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.