[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cognac Salsa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Salsa-in-a-bowl.jpg (42KB, 540x442px) Image search: [Google]
Salsa-in-a-bowl.jpg
42KB, 540x442px
My friends and I have a monthly group where we come up with a weird food idea, everyone makes it, we come together and try each other’s versions. This month's theme is "cognac salsa" and it needs to be at least 10% cognac. I've tried a making a few different cognac salsas, and all have turned out poorly.
>>
The most important thing to do is serve it in a cognac glass.
>>
are you cooking off the alcohol?
>>
what are some other months' creations? How'd they turn out?
>>
>>8094381
I tried this with the mango salsa I made, it didn't turn out well.
>>
>>8094383
>Cheese and rhubarb pie
>One with brie was extremely good
>Vegan lasagne
Some interesting ideas, best ones did not attempt to use vegan cheese. I'll stick to regular lasagne.
>Oyster pancakes
Did not go well for anyone who tried making traditional pancakes and putting in oysters the way you'd put in chocolate chips. Winner was a salty cornmeal based pancake.
>>
>>8094395
>Did not go well for anyone who tried making traditional pancakes and putting in oysters the way you'd put in chocolate chips.

I don't see how anyone could even think that would go well.
>>
>>8094395
you fellas seem really fun
>>
>>8094395
Why not do some savory pancakes with flax seed, fish roe and oysters.
>>
idk what cognac tastes like but maybe olives could be part of it
>>
File: kot at his desk_1.jpg (55KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
kot at his desk_1.jpg
55KB, 491x585px
>>8094472
or blini
>>
>>8094374
Flambe some oranges with cognac, add habanero and yellow tomatoes.
>>
I don't know what cognac tastes like but my immediate, possible improvement (due to really no flavor change - which could be better or indifferent in this case) would be to add vodka to the salsa instead of a flavorful liquor. I realize that does not help your task but I don't really know what the fuck is going on here. Are you just making a salsa and then pouring in this cognac because /thems the rules/?
>>
Try sauteeing some onions or peppers for the salsa and deglazing with cognac and letting it reduce a bit before incorporating it into the rest of the salsa. It'll probably bring some sweetness to the affair, so you may need to adjust seasonings w/ a little extra acid or something.
>>
>>8094542
This would maybe be the worst flavor combination yet created
>>
>>8094553
Bernd sama? I-is it you?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.