[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

paella

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Paella.png (326KB, 470x323px) Image search: [Google]
Paella.png
326KB, 470x323px
Hey anons
Let's have some nice casual /ck/ banter

Can anyone help me out by directing me to an authentic recipe for paella? Or at least a close-enough one
>>
only two types of authentic paella, meat paella and seafood paella
>>
>>8071814
meat paella:
500 gr (17.5 ounces) chicken
500 gr (17.5 ounces) rabbit (or duck)
20 gr (3/4 ounce) salt
8 tablespoons olive oil
250 gr (10 ounces) chopped green bell peppers (optional)
1 clove garlic (optional)
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
500 gr (17.5 ounces) diced or grated tomatoes
2 liters (2 quarts) water (preferably hard water)
24 boiled snails (optional)
125 gr (4.5 ounces) large haricot beans (canned or fresh)
100 gr (3.5 ounces) small haricot beans (canned or fresh)
125 gr (4.5 ounces) runner beans or pole beans (fresh only)
8 to 10 threads of saffron and/or 1.5 teaspoons yellow food coloring (See note below about saffron and food coloring.)
400 gr (14 ounces) short-grain, white rice
6 to 8 branches of fresh rosemary
>>
>>8071834
seafood paella:
12 live mussels with beards removed
400 grams grated tomatoes
400 grams diced squid mantles
400 grams shrimp (deveined and shelled)
400 grams Valencian rice
8 Norway lobster (Substitute eight very large crawfish or large shrimp if Norway lobsters aren't available.)
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves diced garlic
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
8 to 10 strands of saffron (or 1.5 teaspoons of food coloring): See note below regarding saffron.
salt to taste
for the broth:
300 grams of crab
300 grams of shrimp heads
1 bay leaf
4 or 5 whole garlic cloves
500 grams yellow onion cut into quarters
4 liters water
>>
How do you even eat seafood paella like that with so much shellfish. Its supposed to be a big group dining meal and you expect all your guests/family to be poking into thier dinner with thier hands to retrieve the prawns and clams and shit to take the shells off? Why so difficult
>>
Isn't it just fried rice? :^)
>>
>>8071846
because shockingly, not every group setting is formal. there are these groups of people called friends. friends are generally people that accept you for who you are and aren't concerned about maintaining decorum. when you get a few, you'll understand how this works.

so when said group of people who aren't concerned about being a bit messy get together to eat something that tastes really good, they don't mind if their hands get a bit messy and it takes a bit longer to eat.

>>8071874
yes. different methods of cooking, different rices, but at its core, fried rice.
>>
My Nonno is actually making some right now. Apparently the recipe is from some Spaniard lady? I can post it if you'd like
>>
>>8071899
do it
>>
Paella sucks, make some jambalaya instead.
>>
jambalaya a shit
>>
>>8071984
>Americanized dishes
Yea no thanks anon I'll stick to the civilized cuisines if you don't mind
>>
>>8072368
The origin of jambalaya comes from a country in Africa, I forgot which. It's pretty plain.
>>
>>8071814
In Spain, some people say that what really makes the Paella is the water. So, seeing as Paella is from Valencia, I would suggest you acquire a good amount of Valencian water to start with.

I have even been told that without the valencian water and ingredients, the dish shouldn't even be called Paella, but simply "Arroz con mariscos"(or whatever you decide to put in it).
>>
>>8071846
There's also a peeled paella just for the likes of you, senyoret!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.