[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulk Shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1468603541590.jpg (115KB, 546x767px) Image search: [Google]
1468603541590.jpg
115KB, 546x767px
Hey /ck/, I've fallen on hard times and need to save money, but owing to some minor digestion problems I still need to eat relatively healthy. What ingredients can I buy in bulk that can be reused in the most amount of recipes?

Ex: stock/broth, spices, rice, beans, etc.

Basically, I'm thinking about when Indians go shopping, they buy rice and curry and green leafy vegetables in bulk, the Chinese buy rice and green beans and sesame oil in bulk, they spend very little time and money at the store and have enough food to last the whole week or couple weeks. This is what I'd like to do as well.

I have no allergies, so throw out any ideas you got. Recipe titles would be helpful as well, if you have a specific item or items that you know can be paired with many different things.

Thank you all very much.
>>
>>8062736
>I still need to eat relatively healthy
*healthily
>>
>>8062741
thank you anon
>>
>>8062736
legumes in general, lentils are a good fount of proteins
>>
>>8062736
beans on toast
>>
>>8062741

It's perfectly normal for a germanic language to use adjectives adverbially. Get your prescriptivist shit out of here.
>>
File: 1445657603654.jpg (160KB, 959x744px) Image search: [Google]
1445657603654.jpg
160KB, 959x744px
I figure certain hand made recipes, like soups and bread, can be made with different combinations of ingredients bought in bulk.

Does anyone know any cultures, besides Chinese and Indian, that tend to buy in bulk to make all their recipes? Do Russians do this? Because I love Slavic cuisine, but have never made it myself.
>>
>>8062804
prior 50's cuisine in europe, used to do that, like when they use the broth of the last week to make demiglace sauce
>>
>>8062829
Thank you, I didn't know that.

I do that with stocks and broth, I use veggies I've blanched or lightly seasoned that weren't eating, or the odds and ends I don't use to cook, and the bones with a bit of meat left on them, throw that in a pot and let it sit for a few hours in the crock pot or on low heat.

I guess it's just that low-waste cooking.
>>
>>8062736
>curry in bulk
k

generally it is good to have fresh vegetables to make sambar, curries, chutneys, whatever. there are things you can store for a very long time like rice, dal (lentils), shredded coconut, tamarind, etc., but you'll usually need <2 days old tomatoes or something.
>>
>>8064105
Just use canned tomatoes. They're usually better anyway.
>>
>>8064165
what the fuck did you just say about fresh tomatoes, you little bitch?

maybe if you're making ketchup
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.