[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bread and uneven crust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: chrome_2016-09-04_21-06-43.jpg (202KB, 1893x1101px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-09-04_21-06-43.jpg
202KB, 1893x1101px
Hello guys!
Any idea why does my f***ing bread cook unevenly? On the top its quite dark while on the bottom and sides it is pale. Ive done the cooking in oven (250C) for 30 minutes, with some water boiling on the bottom to create steam, and using a bread casserole. I think the dough is fine and I am doing something wrong with oven.. I did oil the bread before oven with cold water.
>>
What material bread pan are you using? That can affect the time and even-ness of a bake
>>
>>8062480
take it out of the bread pan when there 10 min left
>>
>>8062484
Its quite stiff glass, also I am not sure if the flour is right.

What kind of pan should I use and if anyone can recommend flours for frenchbread kind of breads I would really appriciate.

cheers
>>
that's what happens with most bread pans

once it sets solid after 10 or so minutes, take it out the pan so that the air gets around it evenly.

that way only the bottom will be pale

although you can also turn it upside down halfway through to fix that as well
>>
>>8062491
I like metal pans better imo, they seem to conduct heat a little more evenly for bread. But honestly it's just a minor difference
>>
>>8062480
Series question as someone who makes bread (for myself not for a job): why does it matter?
>>
>>8062541
perfectionism
>>
>>8062546
>perfectionism
>that jagged sliced end
o-ok...
>>
>>8062480
>Any idea why does my f***ing bread cook unevenly?

Cover the bread snugly with aluminum foil, then place in preheated oven. You can reuse the foil many times.

The bread will have a very soft crust (which is what I like, personally). If you want crust, remove foil early.

Don't need steam with this method, either.
>>
>>8062541
I was making bread with pan for the first time, actually it was quite good otherwise but slicing it was almost impossible because it was hard on the top but very smooth on the bottom :D, I think with that fixed it will be ok to eat (hopefully :--D).
>>
>>8062855
Turn the bread sideways and slice.
>>
cover it lightly with alu foil
the later you remove it, the paler the top is gonna be
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.