[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delicious Piggos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1472927363229[1].jpg (104KB, 758x836px) Image search: [Google]
1472927363229[1].jpg
104KB, 758x836px
Let's talk about pork.

Specifically, who's had pork cheeks and whats the best way of preparing them?
>>
>>8059108
Depends on how processed. You may have to flash-boil and scrape off the inner side. Then you can do whatever you want, braised and eaten whole, diced and fried into hash, or something along those lines. Sounds pretty collagen rich, and thus gelatin rich if you treat it right.
>>
>>8059118
Would it be an alright dish for a bachelor like me to make if he can only follow simple cooking directions?

The price intrigues me, but I don't want to fuck it up.
>>
The face is the best part of every animal. I've been wanting to get a sheep's head, but I know my mom would shit if she saw it.

Anyway, pork is god. Pig face? For me, it's gotta be braised. Rosemary bundle, sofrito, about a cup of whey. Slather the cheeks in butter and crushed garlic, some salt and pepper, sear quickly. Brown spfrito in bacon fat in a Dutch oven, then throw in the rosemary and the cheeks and pour in the whey. Put it in a 250ish degree oven for like, 4+ hours.
>>
>>8059150
tips fedora
>>
>>8059184
Why is that fedora? Now I'm all self conscious...
>>
>>8059150
I've been buying my beef by the quarter and it ultimately ends up as steak or burgers with potatoes and vegetables. Pretty plain, and I'm ready to branch out.

I remember the cheap cuts of meat my mom would use and it brings back unpleasant memories. Thanks for motivating me to try the cheaper icky cuts again.

I love meat, but its getting more expensive in my area. My remedy is to eat out less, and eat cheaper foods that require more culinary skill during the work week. Is this /ck/ approved?
>>
>>8059108
Pork cheeks are fucking amazing, anon. If the butcher where you buy them is half decent, you won't have to do any cleaning or anything, and they're a stellar braising or grinding cut. Really flavorful, not too much fat, and they get melty, spoon-tender texture after only two hours or so of braising. Plus they're often dirt cheap.

They make great ragu over pasta, but you could always make braised tacos out of them too- toast some dried chiles (ancho, mulato, cascabel, pasilla and morita is my usual go-to combo), and rehydrate them and some dark raisins in hot water. Puree that. While that's going, brown ypur cheeks and then sautee some onions and garlic until golden, adding cumin, clove, and coriander. Add your chile puree, some chicken stock, and some brown sugar or molasses. Add the cheeks back in and braise. Pull the cheeks out once fully tender and shred them while you reduce the braising liquid down to a nappe texture. Add the shredded pork back in, and serve on tortillas with whatever accompanimwnts you like. Crema and charred pineapple salsa is what i often go with.
>>
>>8059108
The only time I had it was in the Philippines. I think it was called sisig, and it was fucking awesome.
>>
File: IMG_20150718_193308_947.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150718_193308_947.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I love pork cheeks, especially if they come
pre-scraped. I braise them in chili broth to make...
>>
File: pork cheek tamal.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
pork cheek tamal.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
...tamale
>>
>>8060560
this is a sight for sore eyes after the terrible food presentation thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.