[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup ck sashimi virgin here. what are the basic things i need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: o.jpg (20KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
20KB, 360x270px
sup ck
sashimi virgin here. what are the basic things i need to know?
do i need fresh fish? how fresh does it have to be?
do i need a certain kind of knife or will any kind do?
>>
frozen fish and a butter knife
>>
>>8052440
Pretty much all sushi you will buy in the US that has been frozen at one point of time or another. USDA mandates that fish meant to be eaten raw has to be frozen to kill bacteria and shit. Try not to buy the bag of frozen tilapia for sushi and you should be fine, just get some of the nicer shit in the nicer stores if you want to enjoy your meal.

A sharp knife is all you will really need desu senpai.
>>
You need wagyu fish to make authentic sushi but anything should be ok.
>>
Don't use any fresh ingredients.

Do use of those children's plastic knives that don't actually cut anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 160x160px
>>8052472
>wagyu fish
>>
File: tilapia roll.jpg (309KB, 928x600px) Image search: [Google]
tilapia roll.jpg
309KB, 928x600px
>>8052463
why not tilapia ?
>>
>>8053174
It is fucking disgusting and farmed in Chinese sewage ponds. Results in a fish that tastes like all the worst parts of a catfish and when eaten raw nothing else balances it out.

Tilapia is a garbage fish, and the fact that some restaurants sell it at a higher price than Salmon while refusing to stock Catfish is a fucking joke. A joke that should result in the owners and anyone with any power over the menu being dragged out and shot in the back of their heads infront of their families. Hell kill the spouses too while keeping the kids eyelids open and telling them that Mr Tilapia sent you.

Maybe then those little shits will grow up with an appreciation for actual fish and not some asian meme-fish grown out of Chinese assholes.
>>
>>8055240
>t. catfish farm owner
>>
File: MortolaSmug.jpg (35KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
MortolaSmug.jpg
35KB, 351x351px
>>8052472
this
>>
>>8053174
W-what is the processed cheese doing there?
>>
>>8055296

Well, if you're making a shit-tier roll then you need shit-tier cheese.
>>
>>8055296
you dont want to know
>>
>>8052440
watch the good eats episode of sushi. not exactly advanced, but a good starting point.
>>
>>8055240
>murdered in front of their families
Now that's retribution I can relate to!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.