[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wine for cooking - can I get away with the cheapest I can find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mg_0170.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
mg_0170.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
Wine for cooking - can I get away with the cheapest I can find or should I get decent ones? Wheres the best place to buy besides costco?
>>
Can't go wrong with Donnhoff. Some people think it's too mainstream but fuck those people.
>>
>>8024255
Depends what you're cooking. Tell us?
>>
>>8024272
mostly coq au vin.
>>
>>8024255
The rule of thumb I used to go by was don't use any wine you wouldn't drink for cooking. But I think that rule was to weed out bum wines like MD 20/20, Thunderbird, Wild Irish Rose as well as wine products like Arbor Mist, wine coolers and boxed wine with "natural flavors" added.

I would say if the wine you have is actually wine (and not some sort of wine product) you can cook with it.
>>
>>8024255

Buck

Chuck
>>
get the most expensive you can find, you're only going to have one meal in your life.
>>
>>8024255

Trader Joe's, two-and-a-half-buck Chuck. All other wine is overpriced.
>>
>>8024332
I ruined a risotto with that stuff
Don't listen to this guy, op
>>
>>8024289
>MD 20/20, Thunderbird, Wild Irish Rose as well as wine products like Arbor Mist, wine coolers and boxed wine with "natural flavors" added

None of those are actually wine. For cooking use the cheapest wine you can find. For some reason the FDA doesn't have to label what's actually wine and what isn't but provided you aren't retarded it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
>>
>>8024371
That was my point. Those things are called wine, but they are not. In the US the standards are low enough that you want to go a step or two above the cheapest shit you can find just to make sure what you're getting is actually wine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.