[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salmon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Sockeye.jpg (378KB, 3473x2431px) Image search: [Google]
Sockeye.jpg
378KB, 3473x2431px
God tier:
Sockeye

Good tier:
Coho/Silver

Barely fit for smoking tier:
Keta/Dog/Chum

Ashamed East Coast/Atlantic tier:
Atlantic, farmed

How embarrassed are you for consuming inferior salmon?
>>
pretty much what I thought, europoors.
enjoy your fishy tasting farmed crap.
>mfw they feed the salmon food coloring
>mfw they salmon feces in the beds fucks up the environment
>mfw cross breading fucks the salmon runs in the PNW
>mfw you don't care
>>
Keta is fine for smoking
>>
>>8018095
>fishy tasting
How is this a valid complaint about fucking fish?
>>
>>8018532

"fishy tasting" doesn't mean literally "it tastes like a fish should taste".

It means "it has a flavor reminiscent of low tide, rotting fish, or other example of overly strong and unpleasant fish flavor, as though the fish is starting to go bad".

This is obvious to non-autists.
>>
>>8018587
Well I literally have autism so it's rude to make fun of me.
>>
>>8018607

I wasn't making fun of you, I was stating a fact.

If I was making fun of you I'd have said something like "autists suck"...which I didn't.

Fellow autist, BTW.
>>
>tfw can get fresh wild sockeye any time I want

who else /pnw/ here
>>
>>8018045
>Makes a salmon tier list
>doesn't list based chinook/king salmon

Shit nigger, what are you doing?
>>
>>8018626
Do you mean to tell me there are non-autistic people that use this website?
>>
>>8018632
30 mins from the Oregon coast, pnw is godlike . I want to smoke my own salmon, any suggestions ? i have a small electric wood chip smoker
>>
>>8018737

Electric smoker is perfect for fish, which IMHO is best when cold-smoked.

It's pretty damn simple.
>>
Why do people remove the belly meat?
>>
King salmon da best if it's available (i.e., never). Atlantic farmed salmon tastes better than the other wild options because the fat content and distribution are comparable to King salmon. If I want to eat lean fish, then it isn't gonna be salmon.
>>
>>8018732
They're the ones having normal discussions while it seems anyone without the disorder hangs around to call them niggers and flex their holier-than-thou muscles at them.
We make this site, you normies just shit on it.
>>
File: sunday dinner.jpg (80KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sunday dinner.jpg
80KB, 960x540px
>>8018848
its the fattiest.

sunday dinner freshly caught
>>
>>8018919
How will you prepare it?

Scotbong here. I can confirm that I purchase Sockeye more often than Scottish because the only Scottish salmon on sale at the supermarket is farmed. However, my fishmonger has proper wild-caught Scottish salmon and I rank that as the top one. The only reason I buy Sockeye is because it's wild-caught and for the novelty of the different flesh.

P.S. Loch Trout and Sea Trout are pretty ebin also.
>>
>>8018045
God tier should also include chinook/king but otherwise i completely agree.
>>
>>8018739
well I meant more along the lines of seasoning and time. I can't really fuck up putting something on a rack in a smoker with one temperature.
>>
>>8018045
Pleb, it's all in the age of the fish.

Even a sockeye about to spawn isn't very good for anything but smoking.

Also, try Lox sometime.
>>
I think Atlantic is probably the only kind I've had since I don't waste trips to nice restaurants on fish.

I like it well enough though.
>>
File: IMG_20160817_164517.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_164517.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
been smoking fish like crazy.
>>
norwegian salmon
>>
>>8020606
This.

The age and handling of the fish makes much more of a difference than the type.

That said: copper river chinook or gaspé
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.