[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tea/ - Tea General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: yorkshire-tea.jpg (60KB, 548x521px) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire-tea.jpg
60KB, 548x521px
What is /ck/ drinking?
How does /ck/ brew their tea?
My method:
Yorkshire (red)
No milk
No sugar or sweeteners
Tea bag left in for 5 minutes then squeezed a few times
>>
>>8012452
Smashed it in one there mate.
>>
>>8012473
thanks lad
>>
>>8012452
>No milk

pfft
>>
>Yorkshire
>not Barry's

poofter innit
>>
File: as.jpg (95KB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
95KB, 468x500px
Bought this recently, I drink it plain. It's pretty good.

>>8012452
I couldn't get into those popular British teas, they're very bitter. I tried that one, and also PG Tips.
>>
>>8012571
2bh, the trick is to steep those types of teas for only 1 minute, meaning really cheap bagged black teas, although Twinings isn't any better than YShire and others.

It's much better if you only steep 1 minute because the tea is so fine and powdery, its flavor diffuses quickly, and actually doing 4-5 minutes is just too much. That said, it's best to stick with tea that can actually hold up to a full steep, but good to know in case that's the only kind of tea available.
>>
>>8012452
Curious abut this, i use no milk since i tried once and tasted gross, only use honey to sweet it down. Theres some particular trick for milk? Or i just dont like it
>>
File: twining white tea.png (1MB, 1600x1220px) Image search: [Google]
twining white tea.png
1MB, 1600x1220px
>>8012452
>What is /ck/ drinking?

White tea.
>>
>>8012452
Usually have some blend of loose leaf black tea. Been having a supermarket loose leaf black tea recently that's been surprisingly good; mostly Assam.

Anyway; four teaspoons of the tea in a five cup pot, water on a rolling boil poured on top, left for four or so minutes before first pour and drunk with a dash of homogenized full fat milk.
>>
>>8012452
>tea bags
Smh fucking British savages.
>>
>>8013807
I only drink loose leaf myself. Every Asian person I ever knew used teabags; usually these plastic ones.
>>
>>8013813
Real chinamen drink loose leaf. They must have been Americanized Asians.
>>
>>8013813
And by Asian, I mean South East Asian; Korean, Thai, Cantonese, Japanese, they all used teabags even when they could get loose leaf.

Personally I'll always choose loose leaf if the option's there. The teabag's probably one of the worst inventions ever made by man. The only time it makes sense to use them is if you're travelling or camping and don't want to lug around a teapot and a tin of loose leaf because you want to save weight. And even then you're probably better off doing so.
>>
>>8012452
Right now ice tea. Jasmine actually. I gave up on soda and coffee w/sugar a few months ago and turned to unsweetened tea. I forgot why I stopped drinking it.
>>
>>8013819
Nope. They weren't American. It was at boarding school and they'd always come with all sorts of odd glass teapots (I just used my brown bess teapot) but they'd always use teabags. Always.
>>
File: teh.jpg (57KB, 537x955px) Image search: [Google]
teh.jpg
57KB, 537x955px
I love Jasmine tea, just got back from a trip to Indonesia and made sure I bought plenty
>>
File: pokka-jasmine-green-tea-10134-p.jpg (185KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
pokka-jasmine-green-tea-10134-p.jpg
185KB, 2048x1536px
>>8014143
For something quick this is good jasmine tea. I love I can get it at my standard grocery.
>>
>>8014149

I've not personally tried that brand, but if you ever get the chance grab a bottle of teh botol or teh pucuk, cant recommend them enough
>>
>>8012452
Drinking some cheap dusty Kenyan tea with milk. It smells a bit like Lipton but thankfully it doesn't taste like it. It isn't bad for what I paid, but I'd like to blend it with some CTC Assam to see what happens.
>>
>>8013820
>japanese
>korean
>south east asian
>>
>>8012452
I read somewhere that all tea is from the same plant, if this is true are the different types really that distinct? I've only ever tried ice tea and Earl Grey, any recomendations on what to try next?
>>
>>8014299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUuw5rqWkZU
>>
>>8014299
It's kind of like beer, even though beer is typically made from the same 3 ingredients you can get very varied styles of beer like stouts, pale ales, lagers, lambics, trappist ales... the list goes on. Just like with tea, it mostly depends on the processing.
>>
>>8014149
disgusting
>>
>>8012452
Absolutely disgusting
PG Tips
Milk (just enough to make it a builders)
no sugar
stew for 2-3 minutes, no more
>>
>>8014149
>pokka
>itoen master bottle teas race
>>
>>8012452
I tear open 5 bags of orange pekoe/black, throw it in a filter and put it in the coffee maker with 8 cups of water like the american I am.
It literally takes me 30 seconds to make tea for the day. Everyone should just do this.
>>
File: asia-map.gif (187KB, 1100x885px) Image search: [Google]
asia-map.gif
187KB, 1100x885px
>>8014293
>All these countries are in the South East of Asia.
>>
>>8014736
It's like tobacco as well. Yes, it's the same plant, but plant it somewhere differently, tend to it differently, different varieties of tea, etc and you get much different flavors.
>>
>>8015035
lol
>>
>>8012615
milk seems best when the tea is very strong and dark, imo
>>
>>8012452
Any fruity tea, in the winter it's usually apple or apple cinammon. whole pieces, none of that teabag shit
No milk.
No sugar.
Brewed to taste. Usually 5-8 Minutes Due to large chunks and stiff leaves.
>>
>>8015506
This. Weak tea and milk just doesn't work.

Strong black tea blends on the other hand really shine with a small bit of milk put into them.

Try and get unhomogenized milk if you can.
>>
File: 1447642720504.jpg (50KB, 344x288px) Image search: [Google]
1447642720504.jpg
50KB, 344x288px
gimme sum dat lapsang souchong
>>
>>8012559
>anything other than Lyon's

What the fuck is happening
>>
Anyone got any suggestions for a good breakfast tea? Preferably one that's good all of its own accord, with no milk and a minimum of sugar.
>>
Ghalami bulk from Achmad Tea.
Got a bulk vac cannister for it too.
>>
File: 58-teeth67.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
58-teeth67.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>8012452
>tea general
>no pastebin
>fucking bagged shit in the op
>>
I love green tea and want to try some matcha. What's a good source for this? Should I look around locally (Boulder, CO) or order online?
>>
>>8020649
Who cares? The old tea threads die within 2 days anyway, either /ck/ is much faster now (which it is) or people aren't posting in the tea threads anymore (also true).
>>
Just regular earl grey. Sometimes I add a little milk, but it's fine without as well.
>>
There's no herbalist sort of shop in my town.

What's a good site (in 'murica, preferably in California) where I could buy some strong caffeinated loose-leaf tea?
>>
>>8023224
buy it from china like evryone else
>>
I start by boiling water, and throw in fennel seeds, cinnamon and crack open a cardamom seed and throw everything in there. Once it gets rolling and the fennel seeds spread to the outside of the pot, I drop in some orange pekoe tea with 2 spoonfuls of brown sugar and let that bubble down. After 3-4 minutes, I add milk until the colour lightens up slightly, to a brownish mocha hue, and let that boil over, taking it off the heat just before it overflows. I sometimes put it back on and boil it again. But yeah. Its weird but thats how I do it.
>>
>>8023724
Pretentious and wrong.
>>
>>8023797
What? He basically described chai. Do you think Indian food and drink is pretentious?
>>
>>8023830
Nope; but they're serving it out of huge urns into polystyrene cups and selling it for 10 rupees a cup.
>>
opinions on starbucks tea?
>>
Bags in coffee pot
Turn on Coffee maker
Come back in 5 minutes
Pour into a pitcher
Ice pticher
>>
>>8024610
its shit
>>8024629
you are digusting
>>
>>8012452
>What is /ck/ drinking?
Turkish black tea
>How does /ck/ brew their tea?
put the tea in a coffee filter and use it like a tea bag
>>
>>8024751
and I typically put 1 teaspoon of sugar, no milk
>>
>>8020402
matcha is the best way to kick start me
>>
>>8022658
you could look around, but I like o-cha. get their cheap.
>>
>>8012452
Drinking some cheap sheng right now. it's actually really good, not a bad one.
>>
>>8024610
Buying tea is a rip-off.
>>
>>8024610
dude just buy Turkish tea
it's cheap and it's high quality
>>
>>8012452
>General
>>
I've never really liked tea, always preferred coffee, but I recently tried earl grey (no milk or sugar) and I really liked it.
>>
>>8013819 (You)
you must be a scottsman
>>
>>8012452
>squeezing the tea bag

stay pleb
>>
>>8013820

>nips all use teabags

nigger just admit youve never been to fucking japan

ever seen a matcha teabag? get the fuck out..

high grade sencha is like one of the most common presents among distant family/business partners/for ceremonies or public events. its always loose leaf.

the japanese do use teabags, but mostly as testers so u know which tea to buy more of.

as for koreans, its true. im in sk right now, hard to find loose leaf at all.

as for sea you really cant generalize.. a lot of vietnamese families drink loose, a lot of thai or taiwanese drink loose leaf oolong.
>>
>>8026120
>ever seen a matcha teabag? get the fuck out..

Lol. Matcha is not an everyday drink in Japan. It, and other high-grade teas are consumed for special occasions. People aren't going to tea ceremony for their daily fix. They use teabags for everyday tea (home, work, school).
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-25-08-41-01.png (926KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-25-08-41-01.png
926KB, 1080x1920px
A lot of boba places have been opening here, and while I usually find boba too saccharine these have had very good real teas as bases and with % sweetness as an option.

Had a nice cream top tea with no sweetness and it was perfect. Do oolong, jasmine, Earl Grey, etc.

>some other person on yelp
>>
>>8026130

actually yes, people do tea ceremony daily. they just use high grade tea for special occasions as you said.

obviously not every family, but everyone in my gfs extended family does.

so did random people we visited. every time there is a guest there is good tea.

I know plenty of japs n half japs whose mothers served them loose leaf for every breakfast....
>>
>>8012452
>>8012452
Been on vacation in Helmsley last year. Great place, awesome people, food was great. This Tea (from your picture OP)... I fell in love with it. And those sandwiches that you can choose from in that Coffe/Tea shop maaan I've gained like 5kg of weight after one week.

From time to time we get a package with that tea stuff doesn't stay for long. Too good.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.