[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make some fried chicken, I have ginger powder, black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I want to make some fried chicken, I have ginger powder, black pepper, cayene and Paprika, I want to buy some powdered garlic but I don't think there is at the super market
What else should i buy besides bread crumbs, eggs and of course chicken and what proportions of everything should I use?
>>
>bread crumbs
hah no.

you flavor fried chicken by brining it. 5% salt solution with lemon, garlic, sage and tarragon. The coating is nothing more than flour with salt lots of black pepper and paprika divided into two pans.

flour -> buttermilk -> flour then fry.
>>
>>8012140
I'm not a fan of lemon outside of fish and seafood
>>
>>8012146
You're missing out. I even garnish my fried chicken with lemon zest and fried rosemary.
>>
>>8012148
Also I want it to be crunchy and i think crunchy needs bread crumbs?
>>
>>8012159
no you want flour for crunchy, breadcrumbs are more of a gritty texture. the crunch comes from the congealed coating frying into a thin solid piece.
>>
>>8012124
go somewhere besides 4chan. nothing but cunt ass trolls here. you want to either coat in flour or a batter for crunchy southern style fried chicken. garnish with dill pickles. make sure to season very well or it will be like you got it from a grocery store or gas station, which is bad.
seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, little lemon pepper.
>>
>>8012124
If you are going to be actually deep or shallow pan frying, I would buy:
buttermilk, hot sauce, flour (and salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, or instead, either cajun or poultry seasoning which will give it a little sage or marjoam hint). Skip the ginger. You'll soak the chicken in buttermilk from an hour to overnight, your call, hit with hot sauce(!) and then dredge in the seasoned flour. You can let it rest to crust up, and even redredge a second time, before frying. If money is tight and you have no need to buy many spices or even flour, consider a southern-fry seasoning mix, for like $1.50, you can get some heavily seasoned flour like House of Aultry or something similar local to your shelves.

If I was going to oven fry, then you think about ingredients in the 3 step way, flour, then egg, then a crumb coating, and a greased pan or drizzle of oil You're making your own shake n' bake. You can make the coating stick how you want, with mayo, dijon mustard, buttermilk ranch, wasabi mayo, even water. Or, flour, egg, breading stations. The breading can be homemade breadcrumbs from your food processor, panko, italian crumbs like storebought, crackers, breakfast cereal,smashed up croutons, even pretzels or potato chips. A bit of citrus zest or fresh chopped herbs really jazz it up, esp with fish or white meat chicken. Bring your chicken to room temp before baking, or coatings can burn before it's done in the middle. But, anyway, bake on greased cookie sheet or foil on your broiler pan, without turning until crusts are set (or not at all). Again if money is an issue, consider buying some mix and just trying out the technique once or twice before you get all homemade-y. The storebought shake stuff is like "prebuttered" crumbs.
>>
use a 75/25 mixture of flour and corn starch for the breading

I prefer to marinate overnight in buttermilk, egg, and spices but brining is good too

try paprika, cayenne, black pepper, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. I put some in my marinade and some in the breading

and do NOT forget the peanut oil. that's a big part of it
>>
>>8012515
But I really like ginger
I bought two pounds of breast, I'm going to try bread crumbs, Cayenne, paprika, black pepper and salt today because everything is closed, I still will have a pound and a half of chicken left for later
>>
>>8013041
I have soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, white wine and oregano too if it's good for marinating
>>
>>8013041
And olive oil, very good olive oil I forgot about
>>
>not using celery salt
>>
>>8013041
You're going to ruin it because breadcrumbs
>>
>>8013041
Do you have any instant mashed potatoes?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.