[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a 24Hour grocery store, AMA.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
>I work from 7pm-4am so I see all the loonies so I've seen some shit
>literally, we close bathrooms at 10pm because it's in a shitty part of town and they do drugs/have sex in there (homeless) but one day I told this bitch the bathrooms were closed and she shit right by the entrance
>Ima cashier
>daily sales average are: 50% food stamps, 20% debit (we don't take credit), 15% cash, 10% W.I.C., 5% checks (old people please stop your holding up the line worse than the wic people)

Also, PLEASE STOP LEAVING SHIT YOU DONT WANT ANYMORE JUST LAYING AROUND YOU LAZY FAT FUCKS WHY THE FUCK DID YOU PICK IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU MAKE MY STORE DIRTY AND I HATE YOU AND I DO REMEMBER YOU AND I DO PUT MY HAND ON THE SCALE FOR ADDED WEIGHT SO YOUR VEGETABLES/FRUITS COST MORE ASSHOLES.

Also, i work by myself after 10pm with 2 security guards (it's that bad) so I got some interesting stories involving homeless folks and partiers. they make my shift awesome.
>>
sorry you have to deal with a lot of blacks. best dindu stories?
>>
>>8005182
>Go to the grocery store for lunch
>Buy chicken salad sandwich, pickle, water, and a single apple
>Register monkey rings up the apple
>4.35 lbs
>Give him the c'mon motherfucker look
>"I think I rang that up wrong."

You aren't fooling anybody faggot.
>>
>>8005182
>PLEASE STOP LEAVING SHIT YOU DONT WANT ANYMORE JUST LAYING AROUND YOU LAZY FAT FUCKS WHY THE FUCK DID YOU PICK IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE
Worked in a grocery, most of the thing abandoned were bio shit because the way the bio aisle is placed it's the first one you go down on so people would pick overpriced bio shit and abandon them when they found regular shit cheaper or on special.
>>
>>8005191
Too many, lots of fights. The best one is when this guys was stealing from the back part of the warehouse where we keep all the pallets and shit, I had my other cashier hold the store down and me and the security guards went to investigate. We let him go, he came back same night and we kicked his ass (no cameras in the back, security busted his eye open because he hit him with handcuffs) then he came back AGAIN but this time was hilarious. He saw me and the same security guard and he climbed up a tree and called the cops himself because he was scared. He got arrested lol.

ALOT of stealing from the hours of 10-3 it's crazy. One lady had a tiny purse and she literally had everything in there to make a good ass sandwich. I was laughing so fucking hard I bought it for her and let her go
>>
>Food4Less

Are the stock personnel at Food4Less trained to deliberately inhibit people from shopping?

Every time I go to Food4Less the stock people have an attitude and leave these big ass carts in the MIDDLE of the fucking aisles, often times unattended.
>>
>>8005195
Well no shit I can't do it if you buy a few items but if you got a cart and I remember you you better beleove I'm charging you twice of those cookies for making me walk all the way to the dairy isle to out your fucking milk back because you got the wrong fucking kind you blind shit REREREEREEDEEEEEERRREEM
>>
>>8005207
>bio
Americans call it 'organic.'
>>
>>8005214
Well I work at night so the stockers come in at 11pm-11am so they pretty much hate their lives and you. But the cool part is after 10pm the manager leaves and it's just 2 cashiers and 2 security guards. We take turns holding down the register and one security guard at the door(we close the entrance and leave the exit open since its by the register and the security stands there) while the other 2 go smoke some ganja and we switch every 30 minutes unless there's a huge rush hell just have the security come get me or vice versa
>>
>>8005218
>walking to the dairy isle
Why not just take a boat?
>>
>>8005225
Ours broke down we got a llama but I'd rather walk
>>
>>8005223
I'm from Canada though
>>
>>8005234
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>8005231
I was unaware that llamas swim.

>>8005234
French Canada != Canada.
Quexit when?
>>
>>8005238
>Quexit when?
Why would we quit when the wife we beat keep giving us money?
>>
>>8005182
Come on op just tell us your worst.

I used to do nightshift at a grocery store and we once had a drunk guy unable to find the bathroom but able to find the loading dock. He took a shit on the trailer, wiped his ass with his own underwear and left them on the trailer, then went out into the store, bought a frozen pizza and left like nothing had happened.

Obviously we didn't see it in the process but we saw the camera footage after we found a steaming turd and some dudes boxers on the trailer.
>>
>>8005259
Hahahha dude I've literally had a dindu homeless lady shit on the front entrance may I front of everybody at like midnight I told her the bathrooms were closed she straight up pulled her pants down and took a shit.'didn't even wipe
>>
>>8005238
>quexit
>not queef
>>
>>8005182
Location, OP? Also what do you get paid? Is it worth it? Are you working part time + in school or what?
>>
>>8005270
Fuck that is way worse. My store was in a college town and in walking distance of many apartment complexes, so we had to deal with lots and lots of drunks, but not too many dindus or homeless people.
>>
>>8005277
Stockton, Ca #8 most dangerous city in America and these fucks pay me $12 an hour and $18 on Sunday's. I don't get paid enough to deal with these fuckers from 7pm to 4 am. But in the bright side I get Friday's and Saturdays off since I'm the only one willing to take that shift. I have to wait for the manager to come in at 4 to leave, if she's late oh well it's overtime. I've had to work 7-7am multiple times some people who got off at 7pm are like wtf you're still here and laugh but I get the last laugh when the check comes
>>
>>8005296
Stockton damn son, but that's some nice lay for a grocery store especially overtime with those kind of hours
>>
>>8005278
Yeah I live in the 8th most dangerous city in the world. It was #2 when I first started. I've been shot at leaving work. Fuckers must be jealous I got a new car. Here's another dindu story
>around 3am
>usually drop our tills in sage once they get $500
>managers not there, can't do it, have around 1.8k in till
>old guy comes in says the truck that's been parked outside for about 10 minutes(he's waiting for his wife to shop) has 3 dindus and they all have guns
>we had gotten robbed in the daytime 2 days ago dudes didn't give a fuck came in midday handed out bags and got every til didn't care that every stand had a customer and a line
>oh fuck here we go again
>have both security's stand by the door and I join them and we all just stare at the car (basically to let me know we know whatsup)
>they see us smash the car in reverse and take off shooting in the air and yelling at us

I don't wanna die over my job man I wish I could carry my gun as a cashier :/
>>
>>8005277
Oh and I work full time (40 hrs a week) sometimes more but I like it. I don't go to school and I make enough for rent and to buy a little weed to sell on the side and smoke. I was a neet before this so moving out living on my own even though it's not great pay and I probably won't be manager (one cashier has been there 12 years and is next on the list lol) it's better then living at home.
>>
>>8005308
>In the world

Sorry I meant america
>>
File: 2016-08-19 12.44.20.jpg (474KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-19 12.44.20.jpg
474KB, 2048x1152px
>I work on call 5 or 6 days a week so I've seen some shit.
>Literally have gotten knee deep in rotten soybeans that smell worse than literal shit.
>I'm a conductor.
>Daily tons moved are over 7,000
Also, PLEASE STOP PARKING YOUR CAR ON TRACKS AT FUCKING CROSSINGS! LOOK BOTH WAYS AND ATTENTION YOU STUPID MOUTH BREATHERS! I'VE ALREADY KILLED ONE PERSON, I DON'T FEEL LIKE KILLING ANYMORE!

:^)
>>
Don't get irritated by others and don't cheat the scales friend.
>>
>>8005308
God yeah black people fucking suck, they're only like 14 percent of the population but account for 57 percent of all crime and 38 percent of the prison population. idk why the government doesn't come up with a clever way to wipe them out desu at that point they're a societal menace
>>
>>8005337
>What is Planned Parenthood?

They tried, niggers are wilier than we give them credit.

>Implying a nigger can get credit
>>
>>8005340
yeah when I read the abortion statistics for blacks it blew my fucking mind. even with the highest rate of stds and AIDS, and crime AND high blood pressure AND incarnation they still won't fucking die out
>>
Jeebus, and I thought daytime grocery in a small town was bad. Lots of respect for you guys. :(
>>
>>8005404
To be honest I like it, you don't see the same shit every day. One time I left my company jacket outside on the carts while I was getting ready to go home and 5 minutes later it was gone

>2 days later see new guy in company jacket
>Not a new guy, motherfucker stole my jacket
>sits in front of the store rapping and drinking all day and trying to steal beer from us

I felt bad cuz it was winter so I let him keep it plus he comes through with freestyles at 2am and has everyone cracking up. Dudes funny but it's crazy the places drugs/alcoholism takes you.
>>
File: ruGX4o5.png (38KB, 163x224px) Image search: [Google]
ruGX4o5.png
38KB, 163x224px
>>8005182
>PLEASE STOP LEAVING SHIT YOU DONT WANT ANYMORE JUST LAYING AROUND YOU LAZY FAT FUCKS WHY THE FUCK DID YOU PICK IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU MAKE MY STORE DIRTY AND I HATE YOU AND I DO REMEMBER YOU AND I DO PUT MY HAND ON THE SCALE FOR ADDED WEIGHT SO YOUR VEGETABLES/FRUITS COST MORE ASSHOLES.

RAGY WAGEY
>>
>>8005182
How are WIC and food stamps different? I thought they were the same thing.
>>
>>8005616
EBT is a card that allows you to buy certain foods as long as you don't exceed the spending limit that Social Services allocates to you.

You swipe it as you would a debit or credit card.

WIC is a voucher, on paper, and the cashier has to do some stuff on their side.

I'm not a cashier, so I don't exactly know what the specifics are in the process. I hope the OP can provide insight.
>>
>>8005182
must be nice, bet you don't have to put up with any bosses n shit.
>>
>>8005616

Basically this.
>>8005631

WIC is a smart social welfare program intended for the benefit of children with shitty parents. They can usually only buy relatively healthier foods with it.

The cashier doen't really have to do much. Even the store I worked at 5 years ago had a point of sale system where you had to input the values on the voucher, and the computer would not accept food that wasn't on that voucher.

Unfortunately stores get to deside what products are WIC eligible, so if the voucher says 8 oz of cheese, the store is allowed to say that only store brand american cheese qualifies.
>>
File: 1430256818091.png (305KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1430256818091.png
305KB, 960x960px
OP, if you're over 21 and still working min wage jobs, you've made your bed and now it's time to lie in it.

Fucking poorfags.
>>
>>8005653
Everyone starts out somewhere. Not everyone has parents that can give them 80 grand to go to college without having to work.
>>
>>8005650
We need to work harder on Social Justice here.
Empower the poor I say!
>>
>>8005679
I generally hate social welfare programs, but I think WIC is a good idea, although implemented poorly because the federal gobmnt is shit. Children shouldn't be completely fucked because they have shit parents.
>>
>>8005688
agreed

anons who don't know what wic is, keep your eyes open at your local grocery stores. some places will have additional tags next to the prices that say 'wic approved,' these are the items they can get.
>>
>>8005653
I'm fine with that. Money isn't everything.i have enough to pay rent, eat good, and smoke weed. And I'm perfectly fine with that.
>>
>>8005693
They get a certain amount of vouchers per month

>1 is for usually (6) cans of enfamil which is really helpful because each can is around $20-25 so it saves them around $120

>another is for usually around $10-$20 of fruits/veggies(they can go over and just pay the difference, rest is free from wick voucher)
>and another for like 30 of those little gerber baby foods

I fucking hate how long it takes to fill these out and write down what u got and have the computer timestamp it but knowing a kid gets to eat healthy makes it worthwhile
>>
>>8005653
He's in California, minimum wage is pretty relative, and he probably sucks off the government teat to boot.
>>
>>8005182
what is the first video game console you got?
>>
>>8005213
>spent money on a thief
>beat someone up in a group

KEK ALERT
>>
>>8005354
That's because the southern states with the most blacks also have the most conservatives who try to shut down the planned parenthoods. Fuck em, the majority of blacks in this country are decendants of those who were brought here against their wills. It's called reaping what you sow.
>>
>>8005650
>shitty = poor
Hey man, everyone needs help once in a while. I used WIC when my employer went under, and I had trouble finding another job I could do from home. It was only like 50-70$ worth of food per month, but that really makes a difference when shit is tight. You can't buy purple drank or chicken trendies with it. It's only milk, cheese, bread, veggies and fruits and certain cereals. It's much better in practice thank food stamps, but I think people that itch about poor Stamps are retarded.
The government can literally lose billions of dollars in the Middle East, and no one gives a fuck, Shaniqua wants some purple drank and some crab legs totaling $15 and everyone has a shit fit.
Middle class people who bitch about poor people are full retard. It's the mega rich who are squeezing them dry.
>>
>>8007644
Fuck that. The MIC has given me some badass shit. Nuclear power. The internet. I can go on and on.

What has the goverment subsidesed poor given me, other than high crime rates? Im "poor", yet i dont take a dime from uncle sam other than tax breaks
>>
>>8007557
And we also bred them to be breeders, so we kind of shot ourselves in the foot. Our own follies is one of two reasons I can't be racist.
>>
>>8005182
>paying by check
>worse than WIC
Yeah, no. As maddening as it is to wait on someone to pay via check, at least it's their own money. WIC bitches both hold you up and pay with your money.
>>
>>8005182
So you work at Wal*Mart?
>>
File: 1464221416237.jpg (90KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
1464221416237.jpg
90KB, 1300x957px
>>8005182
>literally, we close bathrooms at 10pm..
Stop talking and typing like this, it's wrong and it triggers me. I wish people would stop overusing "literally".
>>
>>8007557
>It's called reaping what you sow.
I'm pretty sure not a single person alive today was apart of the US slave trade (whether owner or slave). So no blacks were "brought here against their wills" and no whites are reaping what they have sowed.
>>
>>8005182
Well, maybe I won't make lasagna tonight. I'll just leave all the ingredients... here, by the juice bottles
>>
>>8005679
It's the United States, the poor can empower themselves.
>>
>>8005314
Godspeed anon, don't sell yourself short you never know what that manger position will open in another line of work.
>>
>>8007644
Checked.
Agreed. The U.S. has been fucking around in the Middle East since the early 90s spending billions and the Armed Forces have been giving unemployables a career since forever.
>>
>>8008256
>so I've seen some shit
>literally
It's correct though.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.