[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/oholic Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 26

File: alck.jpg (7KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
alck.jpg
7KB, 224x217px
New one. What are you drinking?
Anything you want to get off your chest?
>>
Just pinot noir over here. Got out of bed 2 hours ago.
>>
Bourbon usually. Or cheap wine. Don't touch it until 5 or so, then drink all night, wake up, have coffee, wait for 5.
>>
one of my buddies gave me a handle of svedka as a birthday gift

will probably drink it straight or just mix it with some lemonade
>>
Gonna head to my local haunt in a sec. Cheap beer and shot combos all night.

Broke up with my longtime girlfriend a few days ago. Immediately went and hung out with a qt that's been crushing on me for a while. I ended up feeling her up and now she isn't answering my texts. Drinking myself silly should make me feel better, right?
>>
Been really depressed and borderline suicidal these past few weeks. A few months ago I had a thing with this chick at the bar who had a BF. She ended up leaving her BF to be with me.
Of course fast forward 2 months later and she's already losing interest in me and has found another man. Karma is a bitch I guess.
Now I get to go out to the bar tonight and feel my soul shrink when I see her walking in with the new guy. Then go home and sadly jerk off before laying in bed and try my hardest not to think about killing myself.
>>
>>7998178
>drinkin muhself silly should make me feel better, right?
Yeah it will if you're an alcoholic. That's what we do. You know it's the wrong thing to do though I'm sure. It just sounds like you moved a little too fast. I would have done better with the girl(s) who were interested in my if I hadn't been drunk all the time.
>>
Going to a concert by myself tonight, so I can't drink too much at the venue. Genuinely debating not going so I can stay home and drink.

Drink of choice is Coors light or a can from the local brewery.
>>
>>7998188
It's really hard to deal with it when you feel strongly about someone, but you should probably acknowledge that alcohol is part of that problem. It's easier to dwell on things when you are always putting a depressant in your system. But seriously please don't kill yourself bro. I mean it's an anonymous korean smokesignal puppetshow board but I promise I give a shit. I've had to check myself in before, and even though it didn't quite stick for me, there really are always people you can talk to and get a little help from if you reach out.
>>
>>7998200
Who's playing the show?
>>
>>7998205
Elvis Depressedly and Teen Suicide.
>>
>>7998200
Just get out of the house and go. You won't regret it months from now.
>>
Just got myself some Tito's vodka to try out
>>
>>7998188
>Karma is a bitch I guess.
Fuck that noise. All she had was a bf, not a husband. There's no "until death" contract.

You're being too hard on yourself.
>>
Going to a friends cottage on Friday for the weekend +.
Haven't really drank since my birthday weekend (first weekend of the month). Which sucked. Was out at my in-laws, so I didn't let myself go too bad, though I wanted to. My sister in law got more sloshed than I did.
Looking forward to hitting the LC tomorrow to stock up. I've been itching for a drink bad.
Prolly just gonna get myself a bottle of vodka and maybe a few cans of cider.
>>
File: I-Know-That-Feel-Bro[1].jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
I-Know-That-Feel-Bro[1].jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>>7998203
Thanks anon. I would never actually kill myself but it gets really easy to think about it when you're piss drunk.
I just need to find a hobby or something to replace drinking. Every time I'm sitting at home alone the only thing I can think about is either her or going out to the bar.
>>
>>7998236
It's ok, but I still prefer Absolut
>>7998243
This, in a way. Still it's kind of asking for a bit of trouble when you try with a girl who already has a bf. Most of the girls I've wanted always had bfs and it was never a good idea, but I was so drunk back then I didn't give a shit.
>>
I drink at least ten shots nightly. I don't know why, it's just something that started a few months ago and I can't stop. It's gotten to the point where I've stopped eating any more than one meal a day because I don't want to put on weight. How fucked am I?
>>
>>7998249
No problem, I feel you. I'm not even trying to tell you you should never drink, but if you do try to resist getting shitfaced. It's hard for me not to go overboard sometimes too, but I know I drink less than I used to after I spent some time getting help. What really helped me was talking to people who had my same kind of problems to make me realize how horribly I had been treating people in my life when I was constantly wasted. I really was super-self absorbed when I was fucked up all the time.
So ultimately, I know it's rough but if you give it time and try not to dive to deep, there are other things you can do to get your mind off of it and eventually move on.
>>
>>7998258
That's the thing though, man. It's a free exchange of desires. There's nothing wrong in leaving her bf. She could do it any time for no reason at all and be perfectly justified. Same goes for the man.

Her leaving the bf means she thinks you're a better fit for her for whatever reason. It's that simple. Obviously you shouldn't make her cheat but if she wants to break up with the bf for you then that's A-Ok.

I'm also the Tito's anon. It's almost sweet and smooth like water. I like it.
>>
>>7998262
You're in the shitter now. That will go up to 12 shots a night soon enough and up from there.
>>
>>7998262
You're starting to fuck yourself, but it's not that bad yet. It will get worse if you keep doing this for years, especially if you up your nightly dosage. Just be careful and try to remain aware. And also, seriously eat. If you don't want to gain weight it's infinitely better to cut back on the booze, but since I'm an alc I know it's not that easy to just say it like that.
>>
>>7998274
>if she wants to it's a-ok
I agree with you totally, more or less I'm just saying I never was the kind of guy that could make that happen, not that seeing someone who has a bf is intrinsically wrong.
>>
>>7998279
>And also, seriously eat
That's the thing, I know everyone tells you that not eating is unhealthy but I've got to assume that keeping weight off is more healthy than putting it on? Like I know, the ideal situation is for me to stop drinking, but putting that aside, doesn't eating less just make more sense health-wise than getting fat?
>>
>>7998290
Oh I understand now. I never thought I was a guy that would pick up chicks at parties during college. And then I met alcohol.
>>
>>7998297
I'm saying if your going to gain weight, getting fatter from food is more healthy than getting fat from alcohol, provided you are eating in a way to get some proper nutrients. If you die hard want to drink, you can, but never don't eat and just accept the fact that you will gain some weight.
>>
>>7998297
Alcohol is just carbs, man. You can't survive on carbs alone.
>>
>>7998313
>>7998320
Alright guys thanks for the advice, I'm going to try turning things around
>>
>>7998346
>try
Do, or don't. There is no "try".
>>
>>7998355
dad?
>>
>>7998213
i saw them when they played here in NYC. Go, Elvis Depressedly is great live. I went by myself too and still really enjoyed the show.
>>
Posting in a guaranteed 300 reply thread

Evan Williams and a cigar for me tonight, the usual
>>
Welp, time to hit the bottle.
>>
>Quit drinking after an incident in January where I intentionally stabbed myself while drunk, almost bled out, and had to spend a week in the mental hospital
>Cravings mostly went away by March
>Today I started getting the worst alcohol cravings of my life

How do I deal with these cravings? I'm going nuts over here.
>>
>>7998379
Damn, high rolling on that cigar for drinking williams.
>>7998458
Same thing we do every night Pinky.
>>
>>7998479
Maybe try to stay around people if you can. When I had to check in I found out that I was having so many of my horrible habits and thoughts because I couldn't talk to anyone. It's really serious, but just don't try to drink so much and keep trying to talk to someone if at all possible.
>>
>>7998379
Fuck I wish I had a nice cigar

I used to smoke RyJs when I still was big into cigars
>>
>>7997970
>What are you drinking?
drinking cheapo pinot grigio

>Anything you want to get off your chest?
I really don't want to be alive
>>
>>7998355
Only sith deal in absolutes.
:^)
>>
File: pan_tadeusz.jpg (3MB, 912x2658px) Image search: [Google]
pan_tadeusz.jpg
3MB, 912x2658px
anyone know where i can get pad tadeusz vodka in the USA?

will literally drive within a 30 mile radius around NYC to get some
>>
>>7998562
Op here, I know I want to die ultimately, I really do. But I hope something can happen for you that makes you believe something can happen, if you get me, starting to get drunk over here.
>>7998583
What the fuck? Why go out of your way for vodka?
>>
>>7998594
because vodka is the best alcohol
and the best vodka is the best thing you can put in your body
>>
Onto my second 40oz of steel reserve just like every other night
>>
Had to get sober. Working on staying that way. I fucked up a good thing. Sure as shit learned my lesson, though.
>>
File: WIN_20160818_01_35_24_Pro.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160818_01_35_24_Pro.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
I have o work tomorrow morning
I miss my girlfriend
I know my parents hate me,I want a family but cant afford to raise kids.
I thought life would be kind, it is not
>>
>>7998596
I mean, yeah, in a way you're right.
>>
>>7998602
Hopefully.
>>
>>7998631
How long have you been with your gf?
>>
>>7998653
6 years
She drinks a lot too,but I'm far worse when she's away
She's a teacher
>>
>>7998631
those are some real feel there buddy straight from the soul stay strong
>>
>>7998663
Why haven't you got married?

And don't give me bullshit like
>marriage
Why is it something you two haven't done or considered or whatever?
>>
>>7998666
Thanks for the advice satan
I want to marry her, I couldnt afford a wedding, let alone a stable marriage
>tfw alcoholic hourly wage barman
>>
>>7997970
Crabbie's Ginger Beer is my new favorite alcohol.
>>
>>7998680
Have you talked with her about it?

I'm sure you two gross something between $60-80k a year, which isn't amazing, but it's enough for a young couple.

Why do you think a wedding needs to cost a lot? Would you trade two months of drinking for a nice wedding?
>>
>>7998641

It's going to be a daily struggle for a while. Last day of pain pills, too. Fucking done. There's an AA meeting at the Presbyterian church 15 minutes from my house that has my name on it tomorrow.

Thank you. Seriously.
>>
>>7998691
about £45k (like $55k i think) a year
Of course I'd trade two months drinking if I could, I've been trying to have a single sober night for two months, no hope. Either way I don'trekon2 months drinking would make a dent on debt or the price of a wedding.
>>
>>7998715
You still haven't answered whether the two of you have talked about it.

Why shouldn't you both curtail your drinking and put the money towards something?

My man, I love drinking just as much, if not more than the next guy, but you need to get your priorities straight and not give up on the important things. How would you feel if she left you for being a drunk?
>>
>>7998739
We've talked around it
I've flat out told her I think we drink too much, but Friday night rolls around and we can't help ourselves. It's just easier to be out of it than sober. We've both made so many compromises I forget what we even wanted from life.
>>
>>7998761
You said you wanted kids, don't you?
>>
>>7998767
having kids without a plan to support them is what the worst of hummanity do. They wouldn't deserve this life, I need decent income first
>>
>>7998792
The point being, that you know what you want from life and that you should be working towards that goal.

Nobody said to go knock your girlfriend up tomorrow.
>>
>>7998804
>Nobody said to go knock your girlfriend up tomorrow.
I am. Post pics
>>
>got drunk with BF mom
>fucked her -10/10
>she died 3 months later
>never talk to friend again
>>
>>7998934
Another...
>drunk
>walk home from bar (6blocks)
>piss on cop car (1/2 block from home base)
>arrested for drunk in public
>>
>>7998952
Another....

>same bar
>walk home
>fall in small pond behind a house (alley ran out)
>got naked (discarded wet clothes)
>knocked on door of house
>wearing white boxers from last jail time
> get let in
> luckily guy knows me
>drives me home
>scavenger hunt next day to find clothes
>>
>>7997970
vodka and heineken

i was addicted to heroin at the age of 21 and now i see the world as meaningless. My family tries to constantly push me down the trodden path of working a 9-5/paying rent, living the meme life. I cant explain to them that i would rather die.

I've got a gf of a few years who wants to have a family and yet i cant imagine bringing another person to suffer in this overpopulated chaotic world.

got a few of the things off my chest.
>>
Just hit 4 months sober. My drinking was completely out of control but I still get occasional urges to drink. I realized that I cannot drink moderately or even get drunk once without unleashing the beast. Any of you guys to that point yet?
>>
>>7999114
ive never had problems with alchohol, but spent about 30k on opiates over 3 months. I would knock myself out everytime and wake up a few hours later in some kind of face plant. the shit haunts my dreams to this day after being 2 years sober.
>>
>>7997970
I keep alienating people and burning bridges horribly. I hate myself but everyone frustrates me horribly. I drink currently to ease the pain of the migraines that last a week behind my right eye. I can do nothing but fuck things up. I hate myself.
>>
>>7999086
Op here back again, still drinking wine.
I think about not wanting to reproduce even if I could all the time, so I get what you're talking about. For me it's like how could I conceivable pass on these genes in good conscience when I'm a life long depressive, now really alcoholic, dude who's never had a relationship with a girl in his life. I had a friend who's a girl once and I ruined that by being a raging drunk and trying to advance on her for years. I mean, seriously I'm pretty much past thinking of finding someone. It's possible, but I just can't see a woman accepting me.
>>
>>7997970
Beer, scotch and white rum with lemonade.

I am unempleyed for about 11 months, living with my father, having heavy depressions, went to rehab 2 times. i enjoy my life, but that can change in 5 seconds and i just don't want to live anymore.

right now everything is fine, but it comes back to me often.
>>
>>7999134
You don't have to keep hating yourself if you can somehow find a way to get sober for a time where all this shit can get out of your system and stop affecting your brain and nerves. I have no doubt that your problems are real, but you have to be accepting of the fact that prolonged and heavy alcohol use will make them worse. Keep hanging on if you can.
>>
>>7997970
I just got off of a drinking hiatus. Two seconds ago sipped the first alcohol I've had in 78 days. Icehouse Edge) Not bad, though I was hoping to make it past 120, an old record.

Hopefully I don't let it get as out of control this time. And hopefully I don't lose all that I've gained these past two and a half months: Lost 15 pounds, improved relationship with family, become socially active, paid down credit card debt, and gone back on antidepressants to feel happier than I have in years. Hopefully I can keep it to two weekends a month this time. Wish me luck!
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 2046x1359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 2046x1359px
>>7999114

Yep. Can remember most of what I did. I become violent and angry. I'm ashamed of the shit I've said and done. Still new to the sobriety thing.

Congrats on your 4 months.

>>7999114

Congrats on your two years.
>>
>>7999148
this is probably the most negative thing to say, but sometimes i feel like this is just an excuse. I agree that depressants can be depressing but alot of us dose ourselves because we see the world as depressing in the first place.
>>
>>7999149
I really hope you can keep it down, but we're really all rolling the dice when we stop and come back. Good luck.
>>
>>7999148
Well, I have this cousin, see. He may be the most important person in the world to me, I love him like a brother (I'm an only child). Like two years ago, he got involved with this horrible cunt who gave him HPV and herpes. She was a rebound girl that he got with for comfort after losing who he considered the love of his life. We had a lot of heated arguments and a falling out over this caustic, destructive, abusive cunt, but he won't let her go.

Even now, they're broken up (supposedly), and he still won't cut her out of his life. I keep trying to fucking "win" and get him to ghost her, but he just keeps her around. I know how ridiculous I'm acting, but she makes me so fucking angry that I'd rather burn my bridge to him than allow her to be anywhere near. If he wants her, he can kiss my ass.

I'm convinced he's been trying to buy me. We've been talking again lately, and having tons of fun. Like I said, I love him. But he's been overly-loose with his cash to the point of suspicion, going as far as spending $1000 to get me something he knows I've wanted for years (a sword from Albion Swords, great company, makes historically accurate pieces). I won't be fucking cowed into accepting her in any capacity. He can toss her out or toss me out. I fucking hate her.
>>
>>7997970
Saporo
Fancy beer for me

I want to walk in front of a bus, my girl has break downs like once ever 2 weeks. I love her too much to leave, but she doesn't want help (she needs professional help).
But knowing my luck, the bus would hit me and I'd live, which would be the same shitty life as now only worse.
>>
>>7999156
I agree with you, I see the world as depressing in the first place. I do still drink because it's still unshakably inside my blood and my brain, and whatever else. But there's a lot to be found in just being open to the possibility of change and the recognition that alcohol has caused problems in your life, if it truly has. It did for me.
>>
I had some frenet at work earlier. Delicious toothpaste dirt. Having a flight of beer with my dad now. :^)
>>
>>7997970
I've been looking for a new whiskey since Southern Comfort was starting to taste pretty bad. Friend got me hooked on Jim Bean now. Cheers.
>>
>>7999163
I don't know what to say to this because I lack experience with female relationships. I can tell you for sure though if you want to talk to him or someone else about this or something, don't do it while drunk.
>>
>>7999178
>southern comfort
Jesus.
>>
>>7998262
Hah! I did the same thing a while back. But the one meal a day rule was more because if I ate anything past noon, it would be too hard to get drunk when I got home from work. So I ate a massive calorie load. Wake up groggy-->Drink gallon of coffee-->Pig out at lunch-->Starve myself until evening-->Get hammered-->Black out-->Sleep twelve hours.

Living the dream, right?
>>
>>7999179
Too late, already destroyed our relationship with an angry, drunk message. She wins. The harpy can fucking have him. Fuck him for coming back into my life at all. I wandered back after receiving a court summons for harpy's assault trial (she's abusive, as I said). Daddy's lawyers got her out of having to stand trial, I was going to be a witness and DRAG HER THROUGH THE GODDAMNED MUD, MARK MY WORDS SHE WOULD BE BEHIND BARS. But her father makes a lot of money so I didn't even get the chance to help bring her to justice for my bro. So she just got probation.

This is the world now. Always has been, probably. I don't even get to take the witness stand. Enough money buys a Jew to grease the wheels and make sure that the bad guys win. I'm not even a good guy myself, but she's sure as shit not good.

If this is what life is going to be like, I'm not looking forward to it. I can't even have the people I grew up with, I don't want anybody else in my life. I'm so fucking angry, my eye fucking HURTS (way less though, thanks alcohol), and my little twink faggot cousin is probably going to get back together with the harpy. Wonderful.

Thanks for listening, /ck/.
>>
>>7999166
Seeing a psychiatrist may not be so bad as a lot of people think. It really made a difference in my life, if a slight one. There's no such thing as a first time cure, but if she's really distressed and you care about her, I think you should talk about things in the daytime and of course sober. I promise it can really help to try to find some help and people aren't always just trying to jew you out of money. If do try to jew you, you can usually identify it really quickly and leave for another option.
>>
>>7999159
Appreciate the kind words. Believe, I know I'm rolling the dice. I've already left various notes for myself to plan a system tomorrow morning, and countless exclamation points so that I don't fail to see that this time I mean business!
>>
So what's the deal with jealousy and alcohol?
I start making up really good storys in my head, how my girlfriend could betray me. It gets really obsessive, too.
>>
>>7999205
I'm sorry to hear about how horrible this is. If you have to stay in bed all day long do it, but try not to get drunk over this if you can because I suspect it will compound your negative feelings just like it has done to mine. If he's not willing to listen to you, he's just not as sad as it is. You can't expect to be able to change people. I've made that same mistake before. I think it's probably better to focus on yourself and what you can do for you to change your focus, even if it's really hard.
>>
>>7999166
Bro, Sapporo is not fancy beer.
>>
>>7999210
Classic.
>>
>>7999223
Yeah not really. Also I forgot to recommend Asahi to that guy, it's my favorite jap beer even though it's pretty common.
>>
>>7999214
In my opinion I would once again put forth the broad statement that the drug is a depressant and that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>7998479
Eat something! Pig out. Eat so much of whatever you want that you couldn't possibly get drunk even if you started drinking.
>>
Drinking captain + diet coke

I don't know why I'm so drawn to drinking. Maybe it's just the loneliness that kills me. I wish I had friends that I could trust and relate to, but they all seem so distant and far away. I'm always left out of things.

Sometimes I think I just need a gf, and my loneliness can't be cured by friends. But there are just better men out there than me. Men with money, their own house, a nice car, bigger muscles, bigger paychecks. It's like I don't stand a chance.

Why can't I just be happy by myself, all alone? Why am I not satisfied with a beer while watching TV? Isn't that the definition of a good time?

who here /depressed/
>>
>>7998548
Cigars international has some good prices, been buying from them for two yrs
>>
>>7999114
Congrats on 4 months! You're a better man than me.
>>
File: 1471334062981.jpg (171KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471334062981.jpg
171KB, 1100x700px
Eight years of obongo and the prospect of some cunt being president would turn any healthy white male into an alcohol

I'm gonna give up drinking for at least six months when the god Emperor becomes president
>>
File: nofeelsjustlolz.gif (377KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
nofeelsjustlolz.gif
377KB, 500x461px
>>7998249
>>
>>7999325
i honestly think this has a lot to do with it and seeing a trump presidency would empower me as well.
>>
File: 1471451718675.jpg (359KB, 1711x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1471451718675.jpg
359KB, 1711x2112px
I don't get blackout or aggressive or retarded like some of you. But I drink more than I should, and probably 6-20 standard drinks a night.

Feel good when I do, but my life feels stagnant. I have not motivation to do more than work and then work out after work. Random anxiety attacks, gout, and probably reactive hypoglycemia (anxiety after eating).

I should quit, but I live in Wisconsin. Whenever I am out with friends, we drink beer. Other than being a complete shut in, I really don't feel the overwhelming want to stop.

Anyone on the same page of no huge repercussions, but realize that it should probably stop?
>>
>>7999214
I do the same thing, but for me it's arguments with people. I get angry at them not because of things they've said, but because of things I know they would say, IF a certain topic were discussed, and IF I said X, and . . . And then the angry e-mails get sent, and sometimes I can't separate the real grievance from the imagined one.
>>
>>7999333
>emails
you must be drinking some real aged shit to make you feel that way
>>
>>7998188
lesson learned, dont fall for women who cheat.
>>
Serious question

Why do some of you guys drink at a bar?
>more expensive drinks plus tip
>can't drive home
>loud, can't watch tv or play vidya or browse internet

Don't even act like you're gonna pick up some bar slag when there are chads there twice as charismatic than you.

What gives?
>>
>>7999330
Yes! I've got a job that pays the bills and allows me to come in whenever I please, I'm in halfway decent shape (though my eyesight has gotten much worse), and I can keep getting away with it. There's no urgency. Getting life on track, achieving those goals that require sobriety, that can always wait until tomorrow. It's only when the wolf is at the door that I freak out and dry out for a while.
>>
>>7999330
wehre you at homie? I'm up in Oshkosh.
>>
>>7999369
Just near Menomonee Falls. This state sure loves a good drink, it feels genuinely odd to try and watch a Packer game without beer.
>>
>>7999349
the most irritating thing is once you finally find the bar slag all she wants to do is go back out to the bars every night, enjoy spending twice as much as you were already overpaying when you were single and welcome to $100 bar tabs nightly.
>>
>>7999349
I posed a similar question in the last thread

I've gotten arrested for exposing my wee wee in bars and I also have a DWI

If I ever get the urge to visit a bar I bring I flask filled with whiskey and drink it discreetly in the parking lot.

When I enter the bar it's usually packed so I look for an unfinished drink, grab it and pretend I bought it

I usually have a breathalyzer with me and I don't drive until I'm under the legal limit, could take hours, and sitting in your car drunk even without the car on is risky in this shitty state

Call me what u like but what they're charging for drinks in bars in my state is criminal
>>
>>7999382
it's absolutely everywhere here; I've been sober nearly two years now and I don't socialize at all anymore. People don't do anything but [something]+alcohol.

>The Falls
That doesn't sound too bad. You're kind of close to the beaches. Get a little quadcopter and go hang out by the water.
>>
File: giphy.gif (912KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
912KB, 500x370px
>>7997970
newfag here, i buy alot of hennessy bottles the 750ml ones. How can i save? Buying the giant one at Costco?
>>
I drink 2 beers after work or a cocktail and a beer 5-7 days out of the week. Is that a slippery slope?
>>
I cut down my drinking by a huge margin but now I'm addicted to poppy pod tea. It's much better desu.
>>
>>7999413
Depends on your history. Doesn't sound like it to me, though. That's the very definition of moderation.
>>
>>7999413
Fucking mother's against drunk driving cunts and feminist no fun allowed cunts are calling any drinking alcoholism and even have guys like this worried
>>
>>7999334
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Clarification?
>>
>>7999442
It was a poor drunk attempt on my part to be funny, because emails have become an aged form of communication and most people send drunk texts or snapchats nowadays.
>>
>>7999457
Ah, good one! Under the circumstances.
>>
>>7999333
Fuck that, too.
Strangely enough this happens at work, where I'm usually sober.
>>
>>7999409
Pls respond
>>
File: 1457598972366.jpg (77KB, 563x491px) Image search: [Google]
1457598972366.jpg
77KB, 563x491px
/depression/ reporting
usually drinking and music are the only things that bring me an escape from life

right now it's this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudLjZ_4VhU
>>
>>7997970
I only drink beer. I avoid spirits because that is the poor man's path to ruin.
>>
>>7999503
If you want to save then don't buy Hennessy.
>>
Feels good talking about this stuff. I wish there were meetings for people who still drink.
>>
Op back here with a John Prine song done by some other people. I ran out of wine and will rummage around after I post this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrSK-0-MQ8s
>>
>>7999196
Damn.
>>
>>7999327
This is the worst gif I've ever seen.
>>
>>7999595
Well that's it boys I'm fucked. No alcohol in the house and everything's closed.
>>
>>7999297
/depressed/, BPD, other nasty shit, pretty sure drinking is going to ruin my life
>>
>>7999382
>Just near Menomonee Falls.
No shit? Me too man.
>>
>>7999648
It's a dark time of night.
>>
File: 1463437041362.jpg (22KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1463437041362.jpg
22KB, 320x224px
Been drinking tons of local high abv (ipa) beers lately. Maybe like 8 7.5% abv beers per day.

I'm working outside, I could eat protein for my calories instead of beer and get /fit/. Then work would be easier. I should really cut drinking to like 2 beers a week, logically.
>>
Op here again still awake.
Literally wish I had something else to drink. It's just about the only thing I live for anymore. See you later when I get drunk again.
>>
>be young cuck suffering from crippling depression and general feeling of nonbelonging
>discover this website 9 years ago
>go on here everyday to interact with people who are like
>over time feel better and feel motivation to better myself.

I guess I'm what you consider a disgusting normie now. I have a gf and friends, but I assure you I would have killed myself all those years ago without this website. I've never been in any community like this and I never want to leave this place. Cheers. Hope all your misery finds company here just like mines did.
>>
Third beer today.
Gonna drink some more, I guess.
>>
>>8001645
I finished off last night's supply too. Made a pot of coffee, though, to stop it from turning into a binge. Using one addiction to keep the other in check.
>>
Looking to not get too drunk tonight because my body is starting to hurt and I still need to be able to sleep somehow. What's a good beer that deserves to be sipped slowly?
>>
>>8000385
>discover this website 9 years ago
This just made me come to the sobering realization that I, too, have been coming to this website for 9 years.
Fucking hell.
>>
>>7999353
>Getting life on track, achieving those goals that require sobriety, that can always wait until tomorrow. It's only when the wolf is at the door that I freak out and dry out for a while.

Damn, that's exactly how I feel. And it's a trap, because we all know how our health is going to end up.
>>
>>7999333
I think a lot of people do this and it has nothing to do with drinking.
It's more related to OCD tendencies than anything else.
>>
>>7999648
>>7999762
It is indeed a dark time. Non-alcoholics will never know the depths of despair when you realize it's past 2:00 a.m. and state law forbids selling alcohol at that time.
>>
>>7999762
I didn't realize I posted this until I saw the "You." Damn.
>>
>>8001893
Or when you realize you're out of liquor and it's Sunday.
>>
What should I look for in a good hip flask? I need to know because of... reasons ...
>>
>>8002095
none of your friends know what blue laws are ;= ;
>>
File: 1470656587410.png (133KB, 487x622px) Image search: [Google]
1470656587410.png
133KB, 487x622px
>>8001893
>>8002095

>live in land of free
>it ain't actually free and is a stone's throw away from Saudi Arabia

shieeeeet
>>
>>7998203
>I don't know what depressant means
It means it makes your heart go slower
>>
Prosecco
>>
>>8002169
Yeah, it's not free because I can't get Steel Reserve at 3:00 a.m. Okay.
>>
>>7999123
How the fuck were you spending over $300 a day? I know the prescription pills are expensive in America but that's still a lot isn't it?
>>
>>8002204

well why not, anon? Give me a single reason other than muh baby jeebus or it's for the children.
>>
File: 2352345324534.gif (97KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
2352345324534.gif
97KB, 500x720px
>mfw I've decided to embrace being a functioning alcoholic

It's the slow way out, but it's the only thing that makes me happy. Need to quit this smoking bullshit though.
>>
>>8002209
Public health and safety. People shouldn't be encouraged to go out while intoxicated and get more booze. The kind of people getting booze that late/early are mostly irresponsible problem drinkers. I know because I am one.

Now if you were to complain about blue laws in states like Indiana and Pennsylvania, or the draconian booze laws of Utah, you'd have a point. That's just jeebus/children stuff.
>>
>>8002374
>People shouldn't be encouraged to go out while intoxicated and get more booze.

But it doesn't actually have any effect on that. When I was drinking hard (3 months sober now!) I would simply buy extra in advance knowing that options would be limited on sundays. It didn't restrict or stop my drinking one bit.

What does annoy the fuck out of me, however, is when I need to buy some alcohol for cooking purposes, but can't because of the silly law. It's extra frustrating because I'm not even going to be drinking the stuff, I need it for a stew (or sauce, or whatever).
>>
>>8002400
I agree, the Sunday blue laws are silly. But I think there is common sense behind the laws forbidding sale past a certain hour early in the morning. Drunks shouldn't be encouraged to wander into the street late at night while intoxicated.

By the way, congrats on the 3 months!
>>
i can stop if i want to. but i don't because i have nothing better to do. i just drink shit beers heavy on booze. its so hot in my house i can't sleep unless i pass out so i have been drinking a bit more than usual, sort of tired of it to be honest. think i will drink again tonight. maybe i will try that mock belgian beer made by the molson dogs, blue belgian they call it, or something.
>>
>>8002400
Bro you just proved his point, you bought in advance and stayed home instead of staggering out wasted and belligerent at 3 AM, or worse driving.
>>
>>8002678
>i can stop if i want to

lol
>>
commodity rum out of the freezer and after I cool off and get some food made I'll have some martell VS
>>
File: 1471563471207-1620646794.jpg (452KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471563471207-1620646794.jpg
452KB, 1280x960px
I'm heading to the liquor store to get my fifth of vodka.
Every day I wake up sick and vow not to drink.
Most days I fail to abstain. If I miss the booze store I have to shell out for 3 bottles of red.
>>
>>7999281
>>7998533
Thanks guys. Last night I ended up falling asleep, and when I woke up the alcohol cravings were gone. Tonight they're back, I just saw a thread with a liquor bottle and it made them even worse.
>>
>>8002678
>i can stop if I want to
Bullshit
>>
>>8002696
Exactly
>>
>>8002876
Then do something about it. Order a pizza or get some burgers or something. Act now.
>>
File: 1471280140362.jpg (48KB, 393x525px) Image search: [Google]
1471280140362.jpg
48KB, 393x525px
I think the secret to drinking less is having something to do. Worked until 5, went out and mowed a lawn for side money until 7:30, took a nice bath with epsom salts and changed into some pajama bottoms. Made food, dicked around online, now I'm ready to go read a book and fall asleep.

I'll save that cocaine and chain-drinking busch lights like water for tomorrow, but hopefully I can do something after work tomorrow to prolong the sober time.
>>
>>8003495
>saving cocaine

Literally how.
>>
>>7998236
>Tito's vodka

The best for the price.

But, I went cheap tonight. A fifth of Burnett's because I drink for effect. Finished it earlier and just nursing some flavored sparkling water to try and prevent a hangover. Don't want to seize up and wake up in my own puke again.
>>
>>8003518
Self control? Had this gram since last Saturday, sharing it only with my brother 50/50, but I'm sure it'll be gone this weekend.

Wasted a bunch, lesson learned, NEVER use a dull razor.

I have good self control with everything except for beer, probably because I see it as a harmless vice until I tally up my 15+ total if I decide to drink that night (which is most nights). Let alone the swigs of the hard stuff. Made some apple moonshine last Friday, that shit'll put hair on your chest.
>>
>>7999369
>>7999382
North side milwaukee reporting. Drinking is hard to avoid here in WI.
>>
>>7998188
Go to a different bar.
>>
Back now. Just barely scored a pint of vodka so tonight is on lock to be good.
I'll look through some other posts and try to reply since I started the thread the other day.
>>
>>8002678
>I can stop if I want to
Pretty much the first sign of being an alcoholic if you ever have to say that. Sorry about that, but that's exactly what I said years ago and like a million other alcoholics.
>i have nothing better to do
I have this problem too, but work doesn't do it for you try to read about things or socialize with other people, maybe in interest groups (lol fagt xd right). But when I started going to meetings after turning myself in I did drink a lot less and actually felt comfortable talking to people again. I know I'm cheating the program, but I'm not going into withdrawals every morning and I like going to a couple meetings a week with a big group of relatable people to talk with.
>>
>>8004116
*if work doesn't do it for you* sorry about that.
>>
>>8002836
>3 bottles
Jesus dude. I've bought more barefoots than I can count but I've never had 3 in a night. Most wine I've ever done in a night is 2 bottles.
>>
File: 20260_product_front_0.png (263KB, 430x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20260_product_front_0.png
263KB, 430x1024px
>>7997970

How are these? I haven't had a drink since 2009 and want to start. Tried jumping into the deep end but couldn't even keep down a couple fingers of straight vodka.
>>
>>7997970
Drinking cheap whiskey and watching the Olympics.
It's motherfucking 4:16am and I have to be up at 7:45 , and then probably won't get a nap until noon. All because of this vampire baby who won't sleep at night. We got her on a good schedule in the beginning of summer, then slowly, day by day, she goes to bed later, and later, and sleeps more and more during the day. It's not so easy to keep a baby awake, especially when they're teething, and scream bloody murder when you wake them up. Sweet Jesus, end my suffering.
>>
>>7997970
im cutting down
wish me luck alcanons
>>
File: syrup_of_ipecac.jpg (27KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
syrup_of_ipecac.jpg
27KB, 270x270px
almost two months without alcohol.

i finally quit after i realized it no longer brings me pleasure, only discomfort.

it's a liquid that only serves to make me sick.
>>
>>8004510
Whoa dude ginseng and alcohol will make you vomit rainbows. Not sure why they would do that. It might just be ginseng+beer but I don't trust that shit while I'm drinking.
>>
>>7998135
>>7998135
Lately that's the same as me... Except it's 3 pm for me since thats when my bar's happy hour starts. Have a few manhattans and beers there, then come home to some Rebel Yell bourbon which is surprisingly good for $22 a handle.
>>
>>7999349
I just moved to a new city and state like 2,500 miles from everyone I love and know to try and start over. The bar is a great way for me to meet some people and at least kinda get a feel for the town. My bar has 50% off all drinks so a 24 ounce beer is $3, a cocktail is $2.75 or $3 for medium tier liquor. I can get a decent buzz (especially if I don't eat before) for like $14 walking out including a good tip.

Now I know the bartenders and a few regulars so I usually get at least one free drink each time I go there since the bartender is kinda a buddy and he likes to shoot the shit and talk sports with me. He drinks on the job too, so we usually end up getting drunk together.

Then I go home and drink. The money is starting to become an issue though since I'm not working yet. The bar is a good way to meet people and get outta my apartment, but it's not financially feasible for much longer until I get a job.

Once I start working though, my drinking will decline. I drink maybe twice a week when I'm working. If I'm not working it'll be more like 4-5 times a week.
>>
>>8005232
>$22 a handle
Christ. I pay at least €22 for a fifth.
>>
>>8005332
Yea, y'all get fucked on alcohol prices. This is also in a state where liquor sales are controlled by the state. Some states have government governed liquor sales, others don't. I used to drink Jim Beam in my last state for $24 a handle. In this state it's like $30 a handle.

My old state was close to 15-20% cheaper.
>>
I like you guys. Normally it is cheap Gin, Rum or Scotch. At the moment it's Tequila. Not more than a bottle a day. I think I got fired today from a job I worked around 7 days a week around 9-14 hours a day without getting paid and living on welfare and being a NEET. It's a long story in which I have many fuckups and my part in it which I won't deny but I don't know if I should go back or not even if its making me unhappy beyond belief.
>>
I kinda always joked that I was an alcoholic, until recently.

I generally drink everyday, I may not get drunk everyday, but I always have at least one to two beers.

I got put on some medicine for two weeks, during which I can't drink, because it will make me sick as fuck.

I can drink again next saturday, and holy fuck this is killing me. I'm wanting a beer so fucking badly. It's making me more irritable, and flaring my temper up more than usual.

I still got another week and a day to go. On the bright side, my first day back drinking, I'm leaving work early to go to a local brewery's 5th year anniversary with my wife.

Drink one for me, friends.
>>
anyone still here?
just started on a healthy pour of old grandad. first time trying it, seems a little better than my usual Evans. just cleaning my house better I head to the bar tonight.
>>
The love of my life just got together with my best friend and I'm unable to be even slightly happy for him.
I just want to drink the shit out if myself until I die
>>
>>7997970
I'm not 21 yet and I haven't really dabbled in drinking alcohol, ever, but when my 21st birthday comes around, what do you guys recommend I have a drink of?
>>
Any cookbros ITT who are alkies?
What is it about working in a kitchen that makes one want to just drink/drug the problems away?
>>
>>8005576
stress
>>
>>8005576
Horrendous hours to work and probably your colleagues or boss who drive you insane and to the edge
>>
>>8005591
>>8005597
this, by the end of a shift I'm literally itching to get drink and just pretend everything is fine and that my life hasn't become working for a man who undervalues me and my co-workers.
>>
Yay! Drinking, fighting, regretting, crying, drinking.
Life sure is great.
>>
>>7999416
Lol you mean opium
>>
al/cks/: how did you know when you hit rock bottom?

i need help. i'm pretty sure i'm there.
>>
>>8005637
Well you sure as shit wouldn't be posting on a Guatemalan hieroglyphics forum.
>>
>>8005591
>>8005597
>>8005618
I've been in a kitchen for three years now and god damn do I hate it but I can't just quit and waltz over to another job.
One of my biggest fears is that I'll die working in this kitchen. I drink to forget that horror among other things
>>
>>8005618
Working your 80-130 hours a week for people who pretend that its totally okay how they act because they own the place is tiring.
>I work more than all of you even if its a lie and we all know better
>I have other problems and the budget is scarce but we all know its bullshit
Being lied to, exploited and subjugated isn't fun. Just tucking kill me senpai
>>
>>8005656
Same anon as
>>8005364
>>8005675
>>8005597
Even if I'm a bit tipsy and it might be pathetic, I ilke these threads. The feelings we share are the same even if we probably live on the opposite of the planet. I'm afraid that I won't find anything when I finally walk out. It isn't just a toxic environment to work in, it is the childish and abusive behavior which kills you slowly from the inside
>>
>>8005656
>>8005675
A raise? money is tight anon, maybe 10 cents, you'll know next paycheck
>>
I usedta drink about 325ml of vodka every night over the course of several hours. Now I'm at about 4-5 shots a week. I still wanna drink like before, but my gf gets endlessly bitchy if I do. Not even like I'm a shitty drunk or anything. Her "point" is that she "doesn't like it."
>>
Cookbro here again. How many of you work at a locaI place? Me and the rest of the kitchen are so underpaid for all the shit we do it's not even funny. I've worked at two separate local restaurants (still working at the second) and both times the owners were rich cocksucks who figured it would be a good idea to own a restaurant but don't actually know what the fuck they're doing and only listen to what the kitchen staff, who knows better, half the time. Am I alone here? It can't just be me.
>>
>>8005745
Value her you drunken fuck. At least she looks over you in contrast to yourself. Even if you don't like it, it's better than being drunk all day every day
>>8005754
Even if you're 28 of 24 hours a day there, pay for essentials and pay them rent to use the kitchen, water and electricity you're still doing not enough and less than them
>>
I see these threads whenever I pass /ck/.

I just want to say, if you're struggling with something or you're having a hard time fighting it, you have the power to stop.

A random anon whose name you'll never know, believes you're strong.

Have a good day/night.
>>
Hungover as fuck and anxious today. 2 bottles of wine last night which is the first time I've done that in months.

I was off the booze for three months and then started again due to stress, crept
back up to a bottle of wine a night these last two weeks. But last night got away from me.

Rapid pulse (84 bpm and I'm usually 60 bpm) and the alkie flop sweats at work today. And of course my job decides to pile it on today of all days.

Fucking end me.
>>
>>8005745
Damn. I need to get a bitchy girlfriend who hates my drinking.
>>
>>8005890
>Hungover as fuck and anxious today.
I suffered through a day like that yesterday. Thank God I didn't have any responsibilities. The only thing I was able to get down was a cup of coffee, a half liter of water and a tiny bowl of boiled vegetables.

It was awful. But it passed. You will make it anon.
>>
>>8006049

Thanks man.

Yeah I don't know what the hell I was thinking, having to get up at 7:30 AM and go to work and meet with clients.

The booze takes control slowly and then all at once really gets in the drivers seat.
>>
been sober 19 days and my brain is finally getting somewhat back to normal I think. I wanted to do something "bad" without drinking so i got some smokes and smoked while i spanked my monkey while looking at my deceased uncles collection of early 90's porn mags in the garage with a flashlight, which is the kind of stupid shit i got up to before i ever started drinking. Anyway i'm not gonna drink this weekend at least. I think we're gonna be ok, folks! :D
>>
>>8006109
>The booze takes control slowly and then all at once really gets in the drivers seat.
I know that feel bro. I've spent numerous nights going, 'just one bottle of wine and then I'm going to bed', but after that bottle of wine I'm feeling REAL good so I drink 6 or 8 more beers to feel even better. You know how it goes.

I try to cut back and waking up in the morning after not drinking the night before (or at least not getting hammered) feels fantastic, but after a day or two I just need to get shitfaced again.
>>
Does club soda, rum and a slice of lime count as a mojito?

Also, tips for a good mojito?
>>
File: 1435792344004.jpg (60KB, 377x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435792344004.jpg
60KB, 377x480px
>>8006184
Get Mint.

It's not a Mojito without mint.
>>
>>8006169
This exactly. I cut back and even stop for a few days and the mornings are great, the lack of anxiety is great, and then all of a sudden some bitch at work does something infuriating or there's too much traffic or the bank messed up my deposit and something flips in my brain and I think "fuck this shit but at least I can drink tonight." And then I do.

I guess I need better stress and disappointment management mechanisms.
>>
>>8006197
fuck I wish I had the patience to wait until night.
>>
A six pack of Gordon red fruit XplosioN, 11% vol.
>>
>>8006126
What a strangely sweet person to come across on 4chan
>>
>>8006245
there out there, though this thread is the last place I would expect to find them.
>>
>>7999206
The psychiatrist for me or her?
Shes been to one before. Had bouts of depression but she never stuck it out.
I think seeing one myself might be a good idea.

>>7999223
It...its not? Its not coors light so its kinda fancy to me. I grew up in a shitty area. Anything thats not the cheapest beer (brava/coors/ colt) makse me feel like a drinking a bit better. >>7999233
I'll try Asashi. I see it at the noodle shop I frequent but I've never tried it. Usually stick to saki
>>
>>8006197
I get this man.
Looking forward to drinking gets me through most days.
>>
>having trouble telling if I was drunk last night or if it was just a dream
>almost every day
I want to die
>>
Bourbon. Was a week sober but just got back from the liquor store. Sitting on the toilet with my first drink of the night. At least I managed to stop smoking cigarettes during that week of sobriety. Back to being a drunkard.
>>
I don't want to do this anymore.
I just want to die.
>>
Pancreas has been bothering me all day, bit this happens like once a month.
>>
>>8006742
You'd better watch yourself. Acute pancreatitis is not fun.
>>
>>8006690
get help, I've been there to many times brosephstalin.
>>
>>7997970
We just stopped talking all of a sudden on and off for a while
Just thinking of her makes me so angry and hate her.

At least i recently got a mountain bike been riding it and started working out again and watching what i eat.
>>
>>8006772
My parcrus/liver/kidneys ONLY hurt when I don't drink. It's like my Irishness is punishing me for not drinking. I went two weeks sober last month and it hurt worse after every night. I think I'll die if I try to stop again.
>>
>child of two alcoholic druggies
>older brother and sister both alcoholics
>dont drink often
>but whenever i do drink its always more than i should
>drink tonight
>puke and act like a retard
>call my friend while nearly in tears seeing the path im going down
i didnt need these feels but they cemented that i shouldnt drink at all
>>
>>8007109
I never understood drinking until you are sick.

I drink a lot, but tend to maintain a nice buzz for hours, even days.

I get "drunk" when I want to or when I'm killing off a bottle.
>>
>>8005301
tfw lost hope in my job and now am drinking every day.
I literally stopped drinking to get it, but as it turned into a dead end I feel like not drinking is me getting burned.
It went from something I wanted to something I want to unload.
The dead end is clear, when I clear out is not. I've stacked enough cash that I can do what ever I want if I get fired. (school training etc)
>>
Had a week long bender and this is my first night not drinking. I'm sweating and paranoid (used to that) but this is the first time my hands have started shaking when I quit. I think i'm done with this shit for a while i don't want to get physically dependent.
>>
>>8007447
That's good you have some savings to fall back on. I just went through almost the exact same thing over a year ago. Realized I wasn't getting a promotion I deserved, quit when I realized I was being strung along. Traveled the USA for over a year, and now I've settled back down in a new state and city since my finances are getting low. I still just seem to be so apathetic and anxious to get out and start interviewing and get a new job and I can't figure out why. After I pay this month's rent, I'll only have a few hundred bucks in the bank and won't be able to make next month's rent without a job and/or a loan. Some jobs defer payments for a month I guess. That would suck.

Keep telling myself okay dude, this is your last weekend of fun, but come Monday you've got to call back some of your job prospects who have reached out and want to interview. Said that 2 weekends ago. This has to be the weekend or I'll find myself going into debt in one way or another. I don't even think it's the drinking that's doing it (although it's a part), I've just got this bizarre anxiety. Who knows, the lack of sleep from the dickheads constantly stomping around above me at all hours certainly doesn't help. I literally get 2-3 hours a sleep a night unless I pass out with a good drunk on. Not a good way to live or make sure I get some sleep (albeit drunken/wake up hungover sleep which is never as good as sober sleep).

Good luck bro, it's a funky cycle we find ourselves in sometimes.
>>
>>8007529
>went on a weeklong bender
>hands have started shaking
>I don't want to get physically dependent

I've got some news for you, buddy...
>>
>>8007959
I've been doing that for 6 years. It's too late for me.
>>
>>8007090
You're going to die if you don't stop. Check yourself into a rehab or detox place.
>>
>>8007959
>This has to be the weekend

Fuck, man, I know them feels
>>
File: jar_jar_.png (269KB, 525x414px) Image search: [Google]
jar_jar_.png
269KB, 525x414px
It's 9 AM and I'm drunk. Shitposting across several different boards is fun though
>>
>>8008219
I'm holding out until later tonight, don't want to go outside and buy more shit.
>>
>>7998583
tfw Polish and within walking distance from god tier vodka at any given time
>>
>>8008219
Yeah, this shit is addicting. I've fused three separate addictions--drinking, porn, and 4chan--into one.
>>
>>8008355
*addictive
>>
>>8008050
Never too late, just a matter of changing your mindset and somehow finding a strategy to help move toward your goals instead of avoiding and denying that you have any. I know though dude, it's hard

>>8008186
Yea dude... I literally just admitted to my mom that I might not be able to make rent next month. She knows how pathetic I'm being, but doesn't know how much I've been drinking, although I imagine my parents suspect that's an issue with me out in a new town where I don't know anyone. Been putting off grocery shopping for trips to the bar and another handle. I could be cooking and eating better and bettering my life, but instead I'm delaying and procrastinating and throwing myself into possible financial issues for whatever reason. I'm looking at jobs, I have people e-mailing me wanting to set up interviews and I just cannot fucking understand why I am so reticent to jump back into the work force and be productive. I hope drinking so much hasn't changed my mindset to where I don't feel comfortable doing things unless I'm drunk, but I'm afraid that might be the case. Rewired my ability for enthusiasm and anxiety to be based on how I feel when drunk as opposed to sober. Crazy stuff.
>>
>>7999330
>I should quit, but I live in Wisconsin

Fuck man, same situation. I'm one month sober, and I expected the hardest part to be when I'm sitting alone and want to get drunk. But the hardest part has been all the social stuff, EVERYTHING in wisco is based around drinking. It's so hard to do anything with friends or family without constantly being offered a drink. I know its for the best, but I end up getting angry that I can't drink and enjoy it like the rest of my friends when we're out
>>
Can anyone please advise me on cold turkey? I've been on one hell of a binge. Started as 1L bottle of smirnoff a day, after a couple of months I was drinking 2 a day. I'd start drinking the instant I woke. Thing is, I'm utterly fucking sick of causing problems, throwing up all the time, pissing the bed and the last straw, was crashing my car a week ago and blowing 106 into the breathalyzer. It's my second DUI, so i am fairly well fucked.
Sorry, I digress. Point is, today is day 1 of sobriety. I have shat, puked and shaken so much that I never want to drink again. Chills run through me every min or so and I'm sweating so much I feel like I've showered.17 hours since my last drink.
However.
I'm now starting to feel better. Like, a lot better. It's SURELY not that easy. Does this shit come in waves, or what?
Any general info or reassurance v much appreciated. Oh and before you say it, no I cant get to a doctor.
Fuck me this took a while to type, the shaking is not trivial.
>>
Beer, strong beer
>>
>>8003997
tell me about it, I'm in the UP.
>>
i know we all know this feel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXNvVfeGGxE
>tries not to laugh
>>
>>8008727
>Can anyone please advise me on cold turkey?

don't
>>
I have to stop drinking because my intestine seems to be swollen and my body is rejecting the alcohol
>>
>>8008911
why do i feel basically ok though? i've googled and googled, and can't find a single example of it coming and going in waves... so uh... i guess it's over??
>>
>>8008930
yeah might be. i think 3 days (or was it 4?) is like the worst of it. it was entire week for me when i tried though. everyone's different i suppose.
>>
>>8008959
could you describe the experience? most importantly, how was day 1?
>>
File: norwegian prison cell.jpg (816KB, 6217x4662px) Image search: [Google]
norwegian prison cell.jpg
816KB, 6217x4662px
>>8005622
iktfb.
why is it that there's no toilet paper in jail cells? and why the fuck do they have to make an apparently conscious effort to make it as uncomfortable as possible? fug.
norway has the right idea.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12
>>
File: manila-philippines-prison-system.jpg (213KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
manila-philippines-prison-system.jpg
213KB, 1200x799px
>>8009088
meanwhile in manila...

i mean... it's savage. i bet half the people in there stole an apple or smoked a joint. fuck this gay earth. pics like this make me feel bad for ever having complained about anything in my entire life.
>>
I could start... I have a few beers, some gin, always have some Jaggermeister.

But I don't really feel like it today.

I would much rather smoke.

>Anything you want to get off your chest?
I need to start going out more. I spend too much time indoors.
>>
I'm drunk at work and I want to kill myself. Fuck working in a kitchen.
>>
>>800000
>>
>>7999648
>>7999762
>>8002095
>>8002169
i live in Vegas. the gas station that's less than a minute away sells everything but hard liquor 24/7.
>>
>>8005890
At least you're not getting intense phsyical pain like a weed stone but the opposite effects.
>>
>>8009258
Jesus lord I was drunk today at a conference for work

Dumb fucking work and commute devouring all my time I really do feel like a slave sometimes

And also know that I have no right to complain
>>
>>8008959
but we're talking months of 2 litres of vodka every single day, starting the moment i woke.
know what else is really odd? this isn't the first time. i was in detox before after a similarly hurculean binge, and i was sent home after 1 day. the w/d symptoms that time, lasted FOUR HOURS. i didn't then touch a drink for a few weeks, and was absolutely fine. i put it down to the valium they'd prescribed. this time i have no valium... and even after that binge, it's now 21 hours since my last drink, and i feel fine. the w/d this time lasted maybe 10 hours or sth.
am i really a medical anomaly? has anyone else experienced this? i can't find a single case of it online.
>>
>>8009379

What sort of work you doing conference guy?
>>
>>8009447
Account executive at a car company

Sounds fancy but I make barely 40k although it's only my first year
>>
>>8009452

I am 21 and bordering on alcoholism. I drink hard liquor 4x a week.
>>
>>8009436
This is really crazy man

2 liters of vodka and no withdrawals is nuts

I dunno what to tell you

How is your mood?
>>
>>8009436
how old are you? when i was doing that shit in my early 20s i would feel fine going cold turkey too.
>>
>>8009459
i feel great, because this terrifying thing which has been looming, is apparently fuck all. i've had a couple of panic attacks, but that's because i was told i'm DEFINITELY going to experience horrific w/d symptoms. i did not, in fact i NEVER have, and i've been drinking on and off (almost exclusively on, and i mean daily) for almost one quarter of a century. im 38 and in generally quite poor but not terrible health, due to a couple of unrelated illnesses.
maybe diet is contributory in some way? i may drink a lot but my diet is and always has been, impeccably healthy. haven't had 1 bite of any form of crappy food in over 15 years. it's the only thing i can think of.
been researching this stuff all day. i wonder if this dude is right...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkdv2qlZhU

so when you were in your 20's you could drink from morning to night for months, then stop cold turkey and be fine? similar levels of alcohol to those i've been on?

i feel happy as fuck. i can't believe how easy this was. FUCK i hope i don't start drinking again, i now see less reason to stay off it and cravings are killing me
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Parents are selling the house soon, this is one of the last beers I'll ever drink on my front porch.
>>
>>8009483
looks cosy
>>
File: IMG_201608233_065439.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201608233_065439.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>>8009489
Not as cozy as mine, but I only have 10 days here and no drinking money so fuck.
>>
>>7998188
>women
>ever
Jesus Christ, every post that starts with depression always ends up being about a girl.
>>
>>8009497
>>8009483
my view is either of my somehow wine-stained bedroom ceiling or piss-soaked mattress, or my 10x8ft lounge, covered in broken glass and vomit. i won't try to compete.
>>
anyone else watching shoenice's 10 bottles in 10 days series?

https://youtu.be/5v47K6jhMu0?t=56s
>>
>>7999086
get a job you retarded faggot

it'll take your mind off of existential crisis
>>
>>8009523
That dude is unbelievable
>>
>>7997970
Bottom shelf vodka.
I'm almost 30 and I'm having a mid life crisis.
I hate my job and my life.
I never see my friends anymore and my parents are the only close family members I have, but they're always traveling the country while I work at the job I hate.
I've done nothing with my life and it's almost my birthday.
I'm growing older and I still live like I'm a teenager who never grew up.
>>
28 here and I feel your pain

The worst part is that with rent and car in basically not saving any fucking money which means if I lose my job I lose my apartment and have to go home to my parents

What the fuck is that all about
>>
Miller lite this afternoon boys

Gonna try to keep it a quiet night

Maybe taper off for a sober Sunday

Good Christ look at all that alkie denial right there in this post
>>
>>8005576
I passed out drunk at least once a week last summer working in an overly crowded restaurant as a dishwasher

probably the most awful job I'll ever have the displeasure of working
>>
File: limp-penis-cigarette-warning.jpg (9KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
limp-penis-cigarette-warning.jpg
9KB, 266x190px
Who /whiskeydick/ here?

It's happened twice now and it's making me look like a fucking asshole. Help me bros.
>>
>>8009523
i've done this. it's an old party trick of mine.
it's also a really fucking stupid thing to do.
check out this beast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOCrcS6tuc
>>
>>8009523

man when I first saw this dude a few years ago or w/e I thought he was some lovable goofy guy. now that I've seen more of him, including that Vice doc, I can't even watch his shit. he's so mentally ill and is going to kill himself with alcohol.
>>
>>8009613
The closest I've come to is is being unable to cum.
Went on a 4 night binge and had sex three of those nights. Both of us barely coherent, she got off and I didn't.
>>
>>8009523
I'm no doctor but that can't be healthy
>>
>>8009633
he's tried to quit a bunch of times and even successfully went like 3 months or so without... but then he realizes the only videos of his that actually get views are his alcohol chugs soo... gotta make that money somehow i guess
>>
>>7997970

9 year single casket bourbon here

Get off my chest? I'm tired of being sad all the time. I'm tired of seeking intimacy and failing at every turn. I'm tired of having no money to do the things I want to. Just waiting it all out.
>>
So these threads have made me realize I'm not as bad off as I thought I was but I was on a slippery slope and I'm taking steps to correct things before they get too bad, so thanks guys
>>
>>8005718
Fuck. Are you all me?
>>
>>8005570
I can't imagine how horrible that would be.
>>8005622
Yup.
>>8005637
For me I was more or less continuously drinking all day long and barely sleeping at night. I would also drink on the job and it started to get so horrible with the unbearable anxiety that I just had to quit and turn myself into a facility. My hands would pretty much shake all day long even if I was drinking a lot as well, there was no steadying them really.
>>
>>8005978
Sometimes I think of what it would be like to be in a relationship with a girl who didn't like drinking, or didn't like me drinking. As honest as I can possibly be with myself, I would probably just push her away and continue to get fucked up. The thing is there's like barely a difference for me because I've never had a girlfriend in my life and I'm 26.
>>
My mood is fucked without booze, I'm always tired and irritable and vaguely nervous about money matters and what people think of me and mostly bored BORED BORED except for when I'm about to take a nap (sweet lazy oblivion) or after I have my morning coffee (energy and optimism.)
>>
>>8009766
You're telling me.
I'm bored.
I can't do anything without drinking.
I spend all night drinking while browsing 4chan til I get drunk enough to do something else.
By then it's already midnight.
>>
>>8005637
>al/cks/: how did you know when you hit rock bottom?
stories like this amuse me. i can relate so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJDUqRqoMo

waking up in jail twice in a week, losing my driver's license again (i'll probably never drive again), getting to the point of having a pint of vodka ready for breakfast, realising just how much my entire house reeks of piss, not being able to move more than a few feet without either treading in vomit or broken glass, getting the shit kicked out of me twice in 3 days, making my family (extremely close and loving) threaten to disown me because i was causing them so much pain (ouch, that was a hard one), realising that i remember maybe 1 hour of every day and the rest is just blackout, threatening to rape and kill my neighbour's daughter for absolutely no reason, waking up in a car park covered in blood (not mine, fuck knows whose), using heroin and crack to escape hangovers, realising that i've got almost no furniture left because seemingly everything is smashed after i presumably fell over and onto it, when i woke up in hospital having apparently passed out and needed to go into detox, losing my job, realising i'm in such a ludicrous amount of debt that i've got to sell my house, listening to the binmen getting pissed off because it takes 2 of them to move my bin (90% glass bottles), when i accidentally pissed in the booze jug i keep by my bed instead of the piss jug but still drinking it, being told by my doctor that i've got 5 years to live if i don't stop, and...
oh no wait, scratch that. it was when i lost her. surprise surprise.
>>
>>8009807
Post room pics friend

I know I'm a shitty person but your tale of woe makes me feel less alone so thank you
>>
File: 1433682554872.gif (124KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
1433682554872.gif
124KB, 484x484px
>>8009728

Like they say
>>
Got back from work a little while ago, haven't been in a relationship in over 2 years, cheers to loneliness I guess.
>>
File: connerybond.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
connerybond.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>8009882
Aye.
>>
>>8009882
>>8009890
KEK
Nice samefag, faggot
>>
how much do you guys usually drink in a night?
Just trying to figure out if my usual two thirds of a fifth of vodka is a crazy amount or not
usually only drink two nights a week now btw
>>
>>8009890
>>8009882
Jesus christ dude.
>>
>>8009882
>>8009890
Holy shit.
>>
>>8009935
At my worst I drank 1 liter of Vodka.
I would buy three bottles and drink 1 every day of a weekend. I stopped when it started to bleed into weekdays and affected my work.

I started drinking again after 8 months.
>>
>>8009704

yeah, terrible situation/cycle really. also a few days ago he attempted to start streaming on Twitch and got banned on his second day :(
>>
>>8009935
>drink two nights a week
You're fine.
>>
>>8009890
Well that's a new one
>>
>>8009955
Two nights a week is well controlled just watch your shit
>>
>>8009979
Used to be 3 nights, now 2 and I rarely do hard alcohol.

My father is an alcoholic and I'm really afraid of doing down that slope.
I've been too close before.
>>
>>8010016
I was sober for six months and now with job stress I have drank at least a six pack every night for two weeks

It needs to stop soon
>>
what is a slow death like with no health insurance? my grandma got a hospice but I see myself dying in a cardboard box under a bridge
>>
>>8010032
The job is what fucks me up.
It's not very stressful, just the monotony of life becomes too mind numbing. Everything seems shit until I pop a beer.

Unemployed I packed on 80 lbs while drinking every day. Dropped all of it when I started running and went dry for 8/9 months.
>>
>>8010036
Honestly I imagine it will be really painful and your mind would probably deteriorate horribly, resulting in your final moment being a hellish confused whirlwind of dementia before choking out your last breath.
I really hope the complete opposite of that for you though, I hope you can find some kind of help.
>>
OP officially back here with a pint of vodka and trying to leave it at that. It's been working for me so far but I had some creeping anxiety coming in today from drinking more than this yesterday. We'll see what happens.
>>
>>8009956
i was there for his first stream i think... only for a bit cause he was sucking at rs. why did he get banned?
>>
>>8009807
fuck dude, imma have another that was to much. I love you man, I hope you can get better. personally I did but now it's too late, I'll never have another woman care for me like she did. fwb with a qt now but she doesn't want love, how do you not want love? the sex is fantastic but without love it's just empty and meaningless like the rest of my life.
>>
Vodka ran out.

Drinking listerine.
>>
>>8010679
our guy
>>
>>8010679
this guy gets it
>>
>>8010824
>>8010692
The listerine is a meme.

It does nothing.
21% my ass.
>>
this girl I picked up at the bar swore she could hang, now she's puking in my kitchen sink. I fucking hate babysitting, now my drunk ass has to drive her home and then walk back to my place. on a side note, does anyone know of any relevant it's?
>>
>>8010036
>what is a slow death like
everyone itt will soon find out.
i urge you all to watch this bbc documentary on alcoholism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwv7Utcf-gM
>>
9th shot of wodka.
Thinking about the barrier between people and how I will never be able to tell anyone how I feel, or be able to grasp how they feel.
Meanwhile I'm angry at my girlfriend for things she didn't do and at my friends for thing they didn't do.
Also looking for a nice DP porn, while thinking and drinking and raging.
Wtf is wrong with me?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.