[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /ck/'s favorite vegetable? Mine is water spinach.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: water spinach.jpg (401KB, 1500x1125px)
water spinach.jpg
401KB, 1500x1125px
What is /ck/'s favorite vegetable? Mine is water spinach.
>>
Add some land peas and air rugula to that and you have a real dish.
>>
>>7963115
>land beans
>air rugula
wtf?
>>
>>7963112
mods will delete this, /ck/ is a fast food board

but since you asked probably potato or aubergine
>>
>>7963115
to make it a complete meal 4-5 minutes on fire
>>
Corn on the cob, raw sugar snap peas, or steamed broccoli
>>
>>7963112
We say Kangkung to this in Malaysia. It's very tasty.
>>
>>7963139
>Kangkung
>>7963112
>water spinach
You are both wrong, it is called water convolvulus
>>7963127
also what this guy said. mods pls ban the op he does not belong here this vegan shit is worse than PETA
>>
Onions. I love onions.
>>
File: zucca1.jpg (23KB, 400x289px)
zucca1.jpg
23KB, 400x289px
Pic related: Spanish pumpkin, I think. Though it's technically a fruit.
If it has to be a vegetable vegetable, then likely mountain spinach.

>>7963115
It's pretty good, stir fried with shrimp paste, garlic, chillies and fresh prawns. Pretty common thing, really.
>>
>>7963112
Broccoli.
>>
>>7963170
You do know there isn't an actual botanical definition for a vegetable, right?
>>
>>7963185
Well, Anon, since you asked, a vegetable is anything vegans will eat without being cunts about it that isn't a fruit, tuber, bean, seed, nut, spice or grain. (^:
That generally means flowers, shoots and leaves.
>>
i love most vegetables.. but if i had to pick once it would have to be.. potatoes. they are just so versatile
>>
Broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus.
>>
Onions of all varieties.

They go too well with noodles, I have to choose them.
>>
>>7963211
vegetable
[vej-tuh-buh l, vej-i-tuh-]
noun
1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.
>>
>>7963238
>no definition
>gives a definition
You're none too bright, are ya buddy?
>>
>>7963238
Following this definition rhubarb is a vegetable. But it is mostly considered to be a fruit.
>>
>>7963270
Following this definition, even apples, bananas, pineapples, cherries and apricots are vegetables.
>>
>>7963258
>no BOTANICAL definition
>gave semantic definition

Not too good at reading there, are ya friendo?
>>
>>7963112
its probably broccoli, it goes well with just about anything, and the stem is delicious raw
>>
>>7963270
>>7963282
Right, but that's what I'm saying. The definition of what is and isn't a vegetable is totally arbitrary. Botanically, there isn't a difference.
>>
Bok choy
>>
File: LB7qyvL.jpg (163KB, 639x688px) Image search: [Google]
LB7qyvL.jpg
163KB, 639x688px
>>7963238
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 250x250px)
image.jpg
34KB, 250x250px
Potatoes
>>
>>7963287
Then give the botanical one, smart guy. I'll wait.
>>
File: 1297284865816.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1297284865816.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>7963339
Well, you might be there a while.
>>
>>7963368
F. Don Vito
>>
>>7963368
>tries to act all smart
>can't even give a definition
How's that extra chromosome treatin' ya, buddy?
>>
File: images (56).jpg (30KB, 443x332px)
images (56).jpg
30KB, 443x332px
Mine is Australian Peas.
>>
File: Napa-Cabbage1.png (201KB, 320x309px) Image search: [Google]
Napa-Cabbage1.png
201KB, 320x309px
It's hard to narrow it down. Pic related, I guess.

Honorable mentions go to broccoli and carrot.
>>
>>7963326
That's cheating

Probably Brussels Sprouts or Artichoke
>>
>>7963112
My current favorite vegetable is Celtuce. It's one of the few vegetables that actually tastes savory, the smell reminds me of fried food. Best stir fry vegetable ever.

My favorite vegetable changes though, depending on the season and what kind of food bent I'm on at the moment. A couple months ago, I was eating every kind of sweet potato I could find in every possible way I could think of. And before that, it was asparagus everything. One thing I'm really bummed about is that I totally missed cheap artichokes when they were in season. They're still widely available now, but the price has gone back up because they're going out of season now. I don't know why, I just blanked out on that one, and it sucks because I fucking love artichokes.
>>
bok choy
>>
>>7964051
Confirmed for never having had celtuce. It doesn't smell savoury. It smells like lettuce. Because that's what it is. It's also nicely bitter.
I have some in my fridge right now, actually.
>>
>>7963112
Water spinach was one of my favorite veggies for years, but I burned out on it after a while. These days I'm really into eggplant and okra.
>>
>>7964728
I make an eggplant, okra, cauliflower and potato curry that you might like, then. Next time I do, I'll save you some. (^:
>>
Okra is pretty good. So are collard greens. Pretty much any Southern style vegetables.

So I guess at the end of the day, pork fat is my favorite vegetable.
>>
>>7964722
Bitch, I've been eating Celtuce for a long time now, and it certainly does taste savory. It doesn't smell like lettuce at all. If anything, it smells like a more pungent celery that's been fried. STFU.
>>
>>7963112
Brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms, potatoes.

In fact, I often roast all four of those in the oven together and I could eat well for several days.
>>
>>7964754
I've been cooking tabeekh lately, which is similar, with the cauliflower swapped out for zucchini and some tomatoes, and a little cinnamon in the spice blend. Good stuff. May have to make some tomorrow, because the eggplant and zucchini are coming in in droves right now.
>>
cucumbers.
>>
>>7963112
Gimme the asparagus.
>>
Watercress

Snowpea tip/leaves

Sugar snap peas
>>
>>7964784
>tabeekh
That literally means "dish," as in a specific sort of meal like "bamia mei laham is my favourite dish." That use of the word 'dish.'

>cinnamon in the spice blend
Lemme guess: you or your family are originally from Aden? Baharat Adeni (hawayij) is the only mix of spices I can think of from an Arab-speaking region that is added to stewed eggplant dishes that includes cinnamon. That would be cumin, caraway, pepper, coriander seed, cardamom seed (or cinnamon) and saffron (or turmeric or safflower), have I got that right?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.