[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found it in the freezer but expiration date is July 3.. Looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: img-learn-packaging-overwrap.jpg (116KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
img-learn-packaging-overwrap.jpg
116KB, 900x680px
Found it in the freezer but expiration date is July 3.. Looks normal like the color.. so is it safe to cook?
>>
>>7960714
If it was frozen before it expired on the counter or in the fridge it should be just fine.
>>
>>7960714
Color is not an indication of freshness when the meat is vacuum sealed and treated with CO. If it's that old, it's not safe to eat.
>>
>>7960714
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLmVCgoakDE

Even if the color looks normal, that doesn't mean the meat is fresh.
>>
unless it smells like corpse snatch, you're good to go
>>
>>7960714
>>7960717
Oh shit, sorry, I've been drinking and didn't see that it was frozen. It's fine.
>>
Oh look, it's one of those threads that are completely pointless and would've been solved a lot faster with a quick google search. But of course OP will justify it by spewing some bullshit about wanting 'real' opinions, as if being on 4chan makes them so much more valid than everyone elses. I'm sure some kind anons will take pity on you and tell you it's probably fine and if it isn't you should be able to tell from the smell, but they shouldn't do that because you don't deserve pity, you absolute faggot.
>>
>>7960717
It wasn't sealed I opened it and like took a bit the day I bought it and put the rest it in the freezer

>>7960716
Yeah it was frozen before it expired

Can I smell it and if it's not a gross smell, eat it? I'm poor I don't want to throw meat
>>
>>7960724
Most things on /ck/ could be asked on Google. Sometimes people just like the community opinion.
>>
>>7960729
Then it's fine. Meat can last up to year in the fridge before the flavor goes off, and it'll never really spoil. You could bury some meat in Antarctica and come back for it 10 years later and it will be safe to eat. It might taste freezer burnt to shit, but it will be safe.
>>
Ground meat is safe to eat for up to 6 months if properly frozen. Hell, a week ago I found ground pork that was in my freezer since January, cooked it up and it was still good.
>>
>>7960737
>Meat can last up to year in the fridge
>>
RIP OP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.