[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: rice.jpg (77KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
77KB, 1000x669px
Rice General:

What are the best ways to cook rice?

What kind of rice is your favorite?

How do you prepare and cook your rice?

What are the best ways to always have rice ready to eat?

Do you have a secret recipe?
>>
>>7951331
i keep fucking up when i post this dont comment, im making ANOTHER new one
>>
>>7951335
Huh?
>>
>>7951331
>>7951317
wtf r u doin?

Jasmine is my favourite and I cook it on the stove. No secret recipes and you might want a rice cooker if you want to "always have rice ready to eat".
>>
Put water to boil.
Garlic + salt smashed together till become a paste. Throw that shit in a pan, wait till start to brown.
Throw rice in the pan and fry that for a moment, throw the boiling water.
Let the pan half covered, when you cannot see the water anymore, close the pan completely.

It's how rice is done in most places here (Brazil), I hope you guys understand my monkey english.
>>
>>7951331
>What are the best ways to cook rice?
Rice cooker. Deal with it.

>What kind of rice is your favorite?
Brown or ELG.

>How do you prepare and cook your rice?
Rice cooker + Knorr chicken bouillon cube.

>What are the best ways to always have rice ready to eat?
Rice cooker. Mine keeps rice warm for 12 hours.

>Do you have a secret recipe?
It wouldn't be a secret if I told you.
>>
File: yourhome.jpg (52KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
yourhome.jpg
52KB, 700x350px
>>7951367
You use rice cooker + knorr cube?
Your opinion on rice is invalid.
>>
>>7951331
just so you know, these shit rice arent meant to be eaten with chopsticks.
our rice is more sticky, which allows us to use chopstick, but people who eat these kind of rice use spoon or hands
white fuck who cant tell the differnce between rice
>>
flags when?
>>
>>7951331
>Do you have a secret recipe?

Yeah. Put rice in pot. Rinse until water run clear. Let sit one hour. Medium heat until boil. Reduce heat to low with cover on. Cook until no steam escapes. Let sit for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork.

Rice. Not the most complikated recipe in my repertoire.
>>
Personally I like Basmati rice best.

What I tend to do preparation wise is place a towel between the lid and the pot for extra fluff.
>>
here's my recipe op

>anon's recipe
get rice
wash rice
put water in pan
water to rice ratio 2 to 1
let pan with water heat
keep heating pan
water is now boil
add salt
insert rice
lower heat to min
stir a little to make even
cover pan
let steam build in covered pan
be ready to take cover off pan for a sec to not overflow
return cover on pan
repeat
now there will be no more overflow
let rice finish cooking in the steam left inside
it's done when you hear rice popping
done and put in mouth
>main points to remember
low heat; cover pan; steam cook

you're welcome
>>
>>7951331
i like a good jasmine or (for some recipes) akita rice.

if it's jasmine, i just throw salt and rice into a rice cooker for a plain recipe. using the paste bouillon to cook it in stock is nice as well. if i'm doing curry, i throw in a shit-ton of turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt and MSG.
>>
Jasmine for stir fries, and left over for fried rice. Nice aroma and subtle flavor, and a good stickiness to eat with stir. Thailand's subsidies to rice growers seems to make jasmine reasonably priced, too.

Basmati or cheap generic "brown rice" for stew sorts of dishes (either in the stew, or to put stew-like toppings on). Basmati's better, but cheap is cheaper!

Cheap generic brown rice for lentil-and-rice dishes.

I use a cheap-ass $20 rice cooker. Ideally you wanna turn it to "warm" as you notice it's about done, but if you get distracted or are playing a video game, the auto shutoff works fine, you just waste a bit of rice that sticks to the bottom. I also cook a poor-man's rice/lentil/veggie dishes right in the rice cooker...not serious cuisine but the auto shutoff means you don't have to tend to it.
>>
White Rice
1 cup rice to 1 1/2 cup water
Cardamum and a wee bit soy sauce
Let boil with the lid on, don't take that shit off til the water is dissipated

Eat
>>
>>7952187
buttered peas and rice is a good one for throw in the cooker all at once kinda meal

I fucking love peas man
>>
>>7951628
What? No. Fuck off gwailo. The only rules are don't put your personal utensils in the communal dish, otherwise do as you please.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.