[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corned Beef

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: perfect-corned-beef[1].jpg (154KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
perfect-corned-beef[1].jpg
154KB, 1000x705px
I saw a piece of corned beef on sale at the supermarket and impulse bought it. I've only ever had the tinned stuff so I'm mildly curious about the differences between them.

Some googling suggests that it should be braised for a couple of hours, allowed to cool before slicing, and served with random veg. I figure I have enough for at least two portions, so I might try a corned beef hash as well - how do you guys like your corned beef?
>>
Fucking filthy kikes wasting a perfectly good brisket
>>
Sandwiches with cheese and mustard
>>
>>7950527
bump
>>
With horseradish on a sandwich.
>>
>>7950527

>put in roaster oven/crock pot
>cook on low heat for about 8 hours
>add quartered new red potatoes
>cook for 4 more hours on high heat
>cook sliced cabbage in juice
>serve with gravy and yorkshire puddings
>>
I've got a freezer full of reduced corn beef slices. It's higher quality than canned, but canned is expensive compared to 7-8 years ago. You will get sick of corn beef hash fast.

The only thing I make with corned beef is corned beef (onion) and potato pie in a pyrex dish. Which is basically hash in a pastry. Short crust pastry (i use just butter, but 50% lard is probably better) I just don't want lard in my fridge. Boiled potatoes added to fried corn beef and diced onion, added crushed garlic and salt and generous black pepper and a little bit of butter depending on how lean the corned beef is. You don't need oil, just cook the onion in the beef fat once its melted and add crushed garlic/pepper and mash the boiled potatoes in. You'll figure out what ratio is good for you, its personal preference but you can really bulk it out with potato.

I cook the filling about 5-10 minutes on low and then add it to the pastry and into the oven 160-180 til pastry is done. You can egg wash the pastry but I cba wasting an egg to glaze.

Corn beef pie is nicer once its cooled and in the fridge and lasts a few days.

I haven't found anything else to use the corn beef for.
>>
boiled dinner. look it up.

soak and rinse the beef at least 2 times otherwise it will be inedibly salty
>>
>>7950527
I like it with cheese sauce, baked vegetables and a side of fresh bread.
>>
>>7950527
sliced as thin as possible on rye with thousand island and sauerkraut.

mixed with onions and potatoes and spices and shaped into a 3d rectangle and cooked on a flat top

just eat that shit right out of the fridge

Corned beef is so amazing, I'm glad my city can do it right
>>
>>7951430
your not gonna have any meat left if you cook it for 12hrs

I put in a slow cooker for about 3-4 hrs and it is so tender
>>
>>7951457
This
I like to have it with some steamed broccoli and cauliflower, some mashed potato and carrot+parsnip mash, cheese sauce for the veges and either a white or mustard sauce for the corned beef, plenty of meat left over to have cold the next day in sandwiches or just by itself shit its so good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.