[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone direct me to a rice noodle recipe that will turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Can someone direct me to a rice noodle recipe that will turn out like what you get in an all you can eat buffet? Every recipe I've tried turned out nowhere near right. Each one has called for a sauce that ends up being the only flavor in the dish or gourmet bullshit I didn't ask for.

Every restaurant I go to has the exact same rice noodle dish but the entire internet seems to be completely ignorant about whats in it. I can't even find an appropriate picture. How can they all have the same dish but the recipe be impossible to find?

So tired of trying to find traditional recipes only to find nothing but a flood of recipes hipster 'chefs' put their stink on.
>>
You talking about those clear noodle soups at the back of the buffets with all those meatballs and whatever topping?

Pretty sure the soup is just a basic chicken stock brah
>>
>>7950159
No, it's like stir fried rice but with cabbage, celery, onions, carrots, fried egg, and sometimes chicken in the nicer places. I cant find what seasoning or sauce I'm supposed to add to it.
>>
Tonight's attempt at making it was yet another disaster which is why I'm here. I'd have been better off skipping cooking it and just taking a swig out of the soy sauce bottle.
>>
>>7950164
Itsa a secret spicey, you whities not allowed to know. Itsa our secret, you understand?
>>
So it's a stir-fried rice noodle recipe? The most common ones are curry-based. Usually it's some type of yellow curry. You can probably find packaged curry and substitute the sauce for that in your stir fry.
The other possibility is a brown sauce, in which case it could be some mixture of soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce.
>>
>>7950191
I don't know which it would be but I'll give the curry suggestion a try since the soy sauce ones turn out so wrong.
>>
File: o.jpg (131KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
131KB, 1000x750px
>>7950153
Mei Fun?
>>
>>7950228
that looks right except for the seeds
>>
If it is what I think it is, then believe it or not, there is no seasoning. It's just Chinese chicken stock, usually from powder. Try that in place of soy sauce next time.
If it's the other thing I think it is, then it's sweet soy sauce (kecap manis). But since Indonesians don't tend to run buffets, I'm inclined to assume that it's the Chinese chicken stock thing.
>>
>>7950229
I've had it with and without those. Wish I had a recipe I could say tastes just like the one you'll find at a Chinese buffet but I've never tried making it before.
>>
>>7950231
>Chinese chicken stock
do i cook the noodles in that or add it as a sauce?

>>7950238
Just having the right name is an improvement, thanks. The buffets always just scribble rice noodles on a slip of paper and tape it to the sneeze guard
>>
>>7950229
I use sesame seeds on most of my noodle dishes. Its gold.
>>
>>7950245
Soak the noodles in boiling water a bit until it's just about halfway done, then drain.
Cook the stir fry, add the noodles and top with Chinese chicken stock and finish them in there until they absorb the stock and cook through.
That's it.
Lemme look up a picture for you of the result and you tell me if that's the one you're talking about. Gimme a sec.
>>
File: IMG_6935.jpg (115KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6935.jpg
115KB, 800x533px
>>7950251
Here you go. Is this it? This one is called either bihun goreng cina (Chinese fried rice-noodles) or bihun goreng putih (white fried rice-noodles) to differentiate it from regular bihun goreng, which is made with the sweet soy sauce I mentioned earlier, lending it a brown, caramel-like colour.
This one is made either with Chinese chicken stock or just salt.
>>
>>7950260
That looks right, >>7950228 also looks right. I'm pretty sure its not the sweet soy sauce variant because it's not a sweet dish (unless I've made an incorrect assumption about sweetness) and the noodles are usually still light colored so I'll give the chinese chicken stock a try. You've been very helpful, thank you, and thanks everyone else aswel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.