[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I discovered 5 whole heads of garlic in the back of my pantry and they are obviously old and about to go bad with a few cloves already sprouting.
What do i do with them? Ive already tossed a few into a pan with ground sirloin and made it into taco meat and into a pan with spanish rice. But Im at a loss as to what I do with 5 whole fucking heads of garlic rapidly deteriorating.
Im not gonna sit here and just make a whole fucking loaf of garlic bread or mince the entire batch and store it in a mason jar(I'm out of mason jars cuz of my tuna fishing trip last week, fucking 200lb yellowfin)

How do I save my goddamn garlic?
My goldfish memory will be the death of me.
>>
>>7941474
On mobile so no link, search roasted garlic(its nice as a spread and to season meats), cut the tops, wrap in foil and oven them till soft, discard the skins and mash the cloves
>>
garlic can't go bad.
>>
File: 1452675321524.jpg (1MB, 533x3094px) Image search: [Google]
1452675321524.jpg
1MB, 533x3094px
>>7941474
Do this OP, or make a shitload of pesto and do pasta bakes/brushetta whatever it's called.
>>
>>7941474
bake it very slowly without cutting it up with some chicken and various herbs in a pan. Then use in place of butter on good bread.
>>
File: useless.jpg (52KB, 243x231px) Image search: [Google]
useless.jpg
52KB, 243x231px
>>7941483
yes it does. technically. the cloves that have sprouted take nutrition and flavor away from the clove to make the sprout.
also ive seen garlic with mold on it in the back of my grandmas pantry before.
>>
>>7941494
>>technically

Lol, most people take "gone bad" in the context of food to mean that it's no longer safe to consume due to rot, rancidity, bacteria, etc. Sprouted garlic is perfectly safe to eat. Sure it may not taste the same as un-sprouted, but it's hardly enough of a problem to warrant throwing it away.

>>mold
Yeah, that's actually gone bad. Throw that out.
>>
>>7941490
Is there any reason to do this instead of just blending it?
>>
File: 14701482789252135548245.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14701482789252135548245.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>7941498
Yeah but can you even use it? Pic related. 6th clove i threw out
>>
>>7941510
no idea desu just had the infograph in my collection, also it mentions seperating skins after being roasted so that may be why you wouldn't want to blend it.

>>7941483
I work in produce and yeah shit grows mold and sprouts and goes to shit, found the babby who eats his garlic pre-minced in refrigerated jars.
>>
Plant them
>>
>>7941519

Of course you can use that. Cut the sprouts off if they bother you, or use 'em.
>>
>>7941530
you clearly dont see how the garlic has started to shrivel and turn to mush. see the cloves separating? that shit aint poison and wont kill you if consumed. but it is nigh impossible to use in ANY dish or ANY context
>>
>>7941539
>you clearly dont see how the garlic has started to shrivel and turn to mush

Well yeah, you didn't peel back the skin to actually show the clove itself. I can't see any mush. All I can see are a couple of brown spots, which aren't a problem.

But sure, if they are actually mushy then yes, I would throw it out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.