[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about becoming vegan, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 29439_vegan_lasagna.jpg (198KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
29439_vegan_lasagna.jpg
198KB, 1280x800px
How do I go about becoming vegan, /ck/?
>>
You don't.
>>
http://www.veganhealth.org/

This site has all the information you need and more.

I suggest really reading into this before you change your diet, you should know what you are doing.

B12 is especially important, read this link.

http://veganhealth.org/articles/vitaminb12

Good luck anon :)
>>
OP, go mow your lawn with your teeth instead of shitting up /ck/ with those hipster diets.

saging
>>
>>7928256
>saging in 2016

While so hostile? Did someone vegan do something bad to you?
>>
>>7928192
>Develop mental illness
>Become degenerate
>...........
>Vegan
>>
Start eating vegan pizza, chips, candy, bread and pastries while telling everyone how healthy veganism is.
>>
>>7928302
Sounds good to me
>>
>>7928192
shophouse kitchen bb
rice or hgrice or ricenoodle + tofu + wtvr else you want
>>
>>7928302
>become a vegan by eating vegan food
But that a wrong. Otherwise I'd be Italian by now.
>>
>>7928192
Contemplating veganism probably means you have way too much time on your hands. I guess you could at least say it's something to be thankful for.

I feel like a lot of young, unsuccessful people get into veganism because they see it as a form of self-discipline and a worthy cause. Most people seem to want to be good at something and have something to stand for, and instead of going to college, getting a job, starting a family, etc., they resort to these fad diets and SJW causes to find an alternate identity to explain their failures. The government, patriarchy, previous generation, conservatives, bogeyman, et al. are to blame.

Stay in school, kids.
>>
>>7928256
>>7928299
>>7928302
>>7928367
Why is /ck/ so triggered by veganism?
>>
File: 1413750104535.jpg (29KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
1413750104535.jpg
29KB, 494x622px
>>7928393
Question is, why aren't you? People who choose to lead a vegan life-style are legally retarded and should be shunned by society.
>>
File: MBIFOF.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MBIFOF.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>7928192
Are you triggered from people taking honey from bees yet?
>>
>>7928393
My post was >>7928302
It's the simple truth about vegans. Most vegans eat unhealthily but get smug and pretend to be healthy.
>>
>>7928192
Some people say to embrace it all at once and go full vegan in one step, others say eliminate things you won't miss first then work your way down to eliminating all animal products.

I think the only thing that matters is that you do it if you really want to, the method doesn't matter.
I ate complete vegan for a little over a year. To get there, I eliminated everything but my most favorite things, then tackled those. It took me about 2 months to get to complete vegan. Having some nice and supportive vegan friends, a great all-vegan cookbook, a bread machine and a rice cooker helps. So does shopping at the farmers market and Asian market for veggies.
Good luck.
>>
>>7928393
Meat and cheese being delicious is my best guess
>>
>>7928192
I don't know if going full vegan is a good idea, but eating mostly meals that would qualify as vegan makes sense if you live in a place where people easily eat one or more industrially farmed animal product at every meal without even noticing it.

You may want to go full vegan for a few weeks just so you get used to eating food that doesn't rely on animal fat for flavor. The first couple weeks of vegan eating can seem austere until your taste adjusts.

Also realize going vegan (or mostly vegan) takes you out of the mainstream. Most of the default choices of what to eat people make during the day will no longer apply to you. Sometimes that will be a pain in the ass. Those may be the times you say fuck it and not be vegan for a meal or two.

Also eat your fucking beans! Seriously, bean dishes are important in any vegetarian diet.
>>
>>7928421
Personally I can't wait until all bees have been genocided.
>>
castrate yourself
>>
Cut ur dick off
>>
Remove your penis
>>
>>7928192
You stop eating Meat and Dairy Products
>>
>>7928208
No it doesn't foo. My body, personally, breaks the fuck down if I don't feed it meat at least once a week. As in I don't have energy at all and I can barely move. Supplements can only do so much... but if you happen to know of vegan foods that are good for martial arts training, I'll add them to my diet.
>>
>>7928393
it's a tedious and flavorless lifestyle.
on top of that, they ALL think they're good at cooking.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
anyone know what the hell this is? i live in northern USA
>>
>>7929183
Hazelnuts?
>>
>>7929193
Yes thanks
>>
>>7928192
If you haven't already you should probably learn about veganism and why you want to do it (ethical, health, environment, etc..) You'll probably be asked a lot of questions by friends and family members so be prepared. Don't spout statistics that may not be accurate. Be open to the viewpoints of vegans and non-vegans alike.

You can start by going pescatarian, then vegetarian, and then vegan, or you can just cut out products one by one. Start with products you don't eat often or don't care very much for so you won't feel like you're missing out. I would recommend tracking your nutrition so you can see if there are any notable differences in your diet and if you need to adjust accordingly. Get a good multivitamin/supplement that has vitamin B12, D, and also iron if you're female.

Try eating a lot of simple recipes, or try re-creating non-vegan dishes that you like using vegan ones. Don't rush into buying or making replacements for meats and cheeses, as the taste of real animal products is too fresh in your mind, and you will likely be disappointed. Over time, I have forgotten much of the taste of real meats and cheeses and find that vegan versions will satisfy cravings.

It's up to you if you want to be healthy. God knows there are enough vegan junk foods out there. But if you are making sure you get proper nutrition (which honestly, shouldn't be that difficult) and you're feeling unwell you may want to see a doctor or nutritionist before continuing so you don't accidentally kill yourself because of some condition or deficiency you didn't know you had.
Good luck.

>>7928367
Literally all you are doing is changing what you eat. You don't have to spend 8 hours a day performing rituals to the vegetable god. Also veganism doesn't necessarily mean that you become sjw, and most sjws are vehemently against veganism anyway because it somehow is "privileged" and in their minds is impossible for anyone who isn't rich.
>>
>>7928393
Because people keep shoving it in my face, which they would probably do if I went outside the internet.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.