[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

world hunger: we can solve it but fuck you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 38

File: grainnsssssssssss.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
grainnsssssssssss.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
• 80% of antibiotics sold in the US are used in animal agriculture
• Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions ( more than the combined exhaust from transportation [cars, planes, train ect, which make up a combined 13%])
• Livestock and their byproducts account for more than 32,000 million tonnes of CO2 per year- that’s half of the WORLD’S greenhouse gas emissions
• Livestock covers 45% of the Earth’s total land (a cause in rainforest depletion). As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows
• Methane (yes, from cow farts), is more destructive than CO2 on a 20year time frame
• Methane has a global warming potential 86x that of CO2 on a 20 year frame
• Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed over 565 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions by 2030, all by raising animals for slaughter
• We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people (current population is 7.something billion[fuck u, use google])
• Growing crops for livestock takes 56% of the US water consumption
• 2,500 gallons of water is need to produce 1 pound of beef. And they ask us to take shorter showers? Fuck you
• 5% of US water is for private homes; 55% is for animal agriculture
• Don’t be a dick, go vegan. Or vegetarian or something.
Worldwide, cows drink 45 billion gallons of water and eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY! We have a high enough food yield to feed the whole planet, but we don’t, so that we can have fat fucking cows. We have starving people all over the world, THE GRAINS THAT WE FEED TO LIVESTOCK SHOULD BE FED TO PEOPLE INSTEAD. The meat/dairy industries are in close relations with pharmaceutical and chemical companies (hormone and antibiotic use). They are the one percent as well .
>>
dude, I was going to post something about veganism..
and then I see this.
PROPS!
>>
File: 1a0.jpg (21KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1a0.jpg
21KB, 600x594px
Hmm lets see would I rather help some dindu nobody thats done nothing for me
or..
eat a delicious juicy steak

hard choice
>>
Here are some even more relevant statistics:
Currently according to the UN, raising animals and producing the FEED FOR THEM uses 40% of the Earth’s land mass - almost half of the planet is an industrial farm for the meat/dairy industries. LET ALONE Cows are responsible for over 37% of the total methane generated by human activity. (Methane is 23 times as warming as CO2)
IT GETS BETTER
If we never subsidized meat in america, all food would be 1/10th the price.
1 acre of land can hold 40,000 pounds of carrots, 40,000+ pounds of whole grains, and 50,000 pounds of tomatoes.
1 acre of land can house an average of 250 pounds of meat. Do the math, thats not even 1% as efficient as plants (actually its 0.625%)
95% of soy, 80% of corn, 70%+ of oats, and over 65% of grain in america is used animal feed. (Literally Billlllionnnss of pounds wasted on middlemen (animals) instead of humans - remember vitamins and nutrients originate from PLANTS not from animals)
>>
>>7927044
>made up facts
y u eet meat
>>
>>7927055 Help some what? SAVE the FUCKING PLANET YOU IDIOT
2,400 Gallons of water is needed to produce 1 pound of beef and over 6000 liters for a 1kg of pork. Red meat production in commercial plants totaled 49.2 billion pounds last year. (If that were cow meat alone, that would be almost 23 trillion + 520 billion gallons of water 23.5 trill just for RED meat)
But theres more - 477 gallons of water are required to produce 1lb. of eggs; almost 900 gallons of water are needed for 1lb. of cheese.
1,000 gallons/liters of water are required to produce 1 gallon/liter of milk.
(Did you know less than 3% of water consumed in the US is by private homes. Over 60% of water consumed in the US is for animal agriculture. NOTE. The amount of water used to produce 1lb. of beef vary greatly from 1442 - 8000 gallons. We choose to use in the film the widely cited conservative number of 2500 gallons per pound of US beef from Dr. George Borgstrom, Chairman of Food Science and Human Nutrition Dept of College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Michigan State University, "Impacts on Demand for and Quality of land and Water." )
Oxford Journals. "Water Resources: Agricultural and Environmental Issues"
http://bioscience.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/10/909.full
The World's Water. "Water Content of Things"
http://www2.worldwater.org/data20082009/Table19.pdf

How come it is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN and Linked to b the cause of the #1, #2 & #3 killer of humans? Heart Disease, Cancer, and Stroke and still be acceptable? Mix this with a regular intake of sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup; and you have an epidemic.
In the U.S., each year, 9 billion baby chickens, both males and females, are raised and killed for food. Worldwide over 50 billion chickens are now being slaughtered every year. More than 42 million cows suffer and die for the meat and dairy industries every year.
>>
>>7927061
http://bioscience.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/10/909.full
Made up facts? *facepalm*
you act like we have something to gain by helping YOU and the Planet
>>
>>7927055
youre not helping me. youre helping the planet, animals and yourself.
>>7927051 -thx !!
>>
>>7927044
Do vegans genuinely believe this nonsense?
Do vegans have the lowest IQ?
Why are they so fucking dumb? Lack of protein?
>>
>>7927059
i totally agree! animal agriculture is not sustainable! and clearly a huge land consumer
>>
>>7927067
>made up facts
>NO, dey r not mad up!
>>
>>7927063
>SAVE the FUCKING PLANET YOU IDIOT
>implying im going to save a planet that wont even die in my lifetime
>implying im going to save a planet thats dying no matter what we do
HA. Have fun saving the planet when this whole place is eaten by the expanding sun
>>
hello there, >>7926711 !
I see you're into all kinds of bleeding-heart proselytizing, how effective has it been, do you think?
>>
>>7927063
its almost an epidemic! our diet is the reason we have so many health problems! we're eating ourselves to death. meat is so high fat and dont even get me started on that fake chemical sweetener crap lol!
>>
>>7927078
>it's a retard episode
>>
Call the cops, I don't give a fuck. I fucking love meat. Also dairy and pork are some of Denmark's biggest export. But no, sure, let's ruin a country so we can support the overpopulation. Good fucking idea
>>
I honestly do think it's a good idea.
>>
>>7927070
you think vegans are dumb?! Have you even done any research on the topic prior to commenting? if you dont understand world issues, you can sit back and let the adults talk.
>>
>>7927086
That's kind of a stupid argument, all ideologies aside.
>>
>>7927085
>its a cu/ck/ doesnt know simple astronomy episode
>>
>>7927094
>It's a retard continues episode

How's school treating you kid?
>>
>>7927094
I know this is ultimately useless, but why do you feel the need to use memes in every single one of your posts?
>>
>>7927091
Yes. Vegans are notoriously dumb.
>>
>>7927098
better than yours apparently
>>
Boy that sure was a good steak tonight.

Gonna hide this wall of bullshit and nonsense now.
>>
>>7927079
i think it get more and more effective each time. shill
>>
>>7927044
World hunger can already be solved, and it has nothing to do with animal agriculture and everything to do with human culture.

I know this is a troll thread or even worse, a desperate attempt to convert people to your religion of meat free living. If that's the case then at least do some research into your arguments before you come here to spout half-truths.

Could and should we do with a less intense animal industry, and people eating less shit quality mass produced meat? Certainly, but veganist zealots are only going to get people to resist that. However doing so won't solve world hunger in the slightest.

World hunger has everything to do with culture, wars, logistics, ignorance and greed. The reason africa is a shithole of a continent isn't because they can't feed themselves.
>>
Why don't you kill yourself, then? Not being edgy. Serious question. Why don't you? Nothing uses carbon like a first-world human. Yet you choose to remain alive.
Why?
If you care about the planet so much, why would you do that?
You will produce 515 tonnes of carbon in your lifetime. That's 40 trucks' worth. Remaining alive is the equivalent of nearly 6,500 flights from London to Paris. I could fly there 90 times a year, there and back, nearly every week of my life, and still not have the same impact on the planet as your birth had. Not to mention the pesticides, detergents, the huge quantity of plastics, the nuclear fuels used to keep you warm.
Your life is a selfish act. It's brutal. You have condemned the planet to suffering.
In fact, if you really cared, what you'd do is cut your throat open right now. Take out a sharp knife, make an incision in your neck, and double over to bleed out. I'd continue eating eggs and dairy and meat and you would have done more than your bit for the future of the planet.

If you care that much about "muh planet," until you put your concerns where your mouth is and off yourself, you're no better than the rest of us and really ought to eat your eggs benedict and enjoy it.
>>
>They are the one percent as well .

WHO THE FUCK CARES

What about all the people in the industry? Not just the le one percent CEOs but the normal people who work on ranches, steakhoues, etc? fuck them?

The future you wish is much worse than what we have now. Thanksgiving with no turkey, no grilling, NO FUCKING CHEESE? I can't imagine what kind of pussified future you want where men don't cook and enjoy meat together. That is a nightmare of a future and world hunger is not just a matter of resources. The grain isn't magically going to be teleported around the world to every hungry person just cuz.
>>
>>7927124
people aren't being fed so livestock can ! simple as that
>>
>>7927151
Good. The world is too populated anyway
>>
File: 1444614840602.jpg (11KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
1444614840602.jpg
11KB, 379x451px
>>7927044
Oh, steak tastes so fucking delicious. And while I eat it, I can think about all the dumb niggers starving to death. Win win, if you ask me.
>>
>>7927091
Not dump, but retarded and/or mentally sick, the poor levels of cholesterol and high levels of vegetal oils and carbs destroy the human brain make them unable to rationalize and trapped in a fanatic sort of religion
>>
This thread just adds to the proof that veganism is a mental illness.
>>
File: 1458480836417.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
1458480836417.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>7927044
>>
>>7927151
Okay you're trolling then, I suggest taking a tripdcode in the future so I can filter you. Or better yet just kill yourself.
>>
File: product_large_362.jpg (39KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
product_large_362.jpg
39KB, 384x480px
I think what's more important is that we stop throwing away

A WHOLE FUCKING THIRD

of all the food produced.

Most of the food thrown away in the West is due to strict cosmetic standards set by supermarkets, I shit you not.

Reforming our livestock industry comes after that, it's not the priority if you're seriously concerned about world hunger.
>>
>>7927044

World hunger can't be solved ... they'll just make more humans to compensate.
>>
>water
>an issue
Stop living in a desert fuckface
>>
>>7927273
Pretty much this, and although we can make great strides to be less wasteful and all that jazz, say we do get clean water and food to everyone in the world. Guess what? Population booms in places that are currently sort of kept kind of in check due to a lack of food.

Also, the world isn't "dying" so much as we (read: humans) are running out of readily available resources. Unless we literally blow apart the world, it's going to survive with or without us and life will continue despite how much we fuck up certain ecosystems.
>>
>>7927379
Most of this post is wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_m848e0cZCQ1qz5xv6o1_1280.jpg (150KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m848e0cZCQ1qz5xv6o1_1280.jpg
150KB, 640x521px
>>7927044
>>
>>7927385
Could you point out what is wrong?
>>
>>7927063
fuck the planet desu

Idiot vegans think anybody gives a shit about animals or the billions of people outside of their immediate family–they don't
>>
>>7927379
>we can make great strides to be less wasteful and all that jazz
Cutting food waste alone would be enough to feed everyone in the world and we have the capacity to provide everyone with clean water too
> Population booms in places that are currently sort of kept kind of in check due to a lack of food.
No, population has been proven to drop dramatically in developing countries the moment you introduce education, contraception, allow women to work and study etc. In fact it's literally the other way round to what you say, the countries with the most food (i.e the wealthiest ones) are the ones with the most decreasing population. People have lots of kids, primarily because they don't know or aren't allowed to use contraception (muh religion), or because they need kids as a cheap workforce/alternative to pension. These are developing world problems, problems that go away the moment those countries stop being corrupt shitholes.

>Also, the world isn't "dying" so much as we (read: humans) are running out of readily available resources. Unless we literally blow apart the world, it's going to survive with or without us and life will continue despite how much we fuck up certain ecosystems.
The world is dying. Vast expanses of monocultures are killing indigenous ecosystems, the bees are dying, the sea is full of plastic and garbage and so is the ocean floor, which leads to sick and mutated marine life, rainforests are decreasing day by day, we have a growing amount of nuclear waste with no good solution other than to bury it. The world as we know it is dying. Whether this kills us and then eventually the world gets to recover when we're gone is beyond the point, we should do what we can to stop it now.
>>
Or we could just embrace GMOs and still eat good stuff too
>>
>>7927417
Also, the melting of the icecaps has officially been re-estimated by NASA to a 20% faster pace than previously thought.
>>
>>7927417
Great explanation man. It's true that populations become more contained when education is introduced. Can't stand how people can't handle the idea of a more secure world cause muh steak.
>>
File: 148842-004-D26D2C8B.jpg (27KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
148842-004-D26D2C8B.jpg
27KB, 329x450px
>>7927044
>• Livestock covers 45% of the Earth’s total land (a cause in rainforest depletion). As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows

I'd love to see the source on this steaming turd.
>>
>>7927432
Thank you, I don't see what a steak-less world has to do with a secure world though. We should continue to raise livestock and eat meat. What we shouldn't do is continue the practice of producing the ridiculous quantities of shit-quality industrially produced antibiotics filled crapmeat that the processed food industry requires to provide fat-fucks with enormous buckets of McFood.
>>
>>7927417
>cutting food waste alone would...
Except a HUGE problem with current food waste is the inability to get the food to where it would be used. Sure, grocery stores throw away a lot, but they don't just love burning money for the sake of it. It's a much more nuanced and complicated problem than you're arguing. A store's turnover isn't going to be near perfect unless you literally micromanage people's lives. Can we do more as a society to have a culture of less waste and have policies where the food tends to go to the needy? Sure, but that isn't going to get the old produce from Walmart to Africa.

>Population slows in wealthy countries
We're talking feeding the world, champ, not educating it or increasing the GDP. If you just give food to the poorest areas without anything else, you're going to see population booms because families can reap the benefits of having a bunch of children in those societies without the risk of not having enough food to go around. You're getting entirely off-topic.

>The world is dying.
Earth is not dying, it's changing. You can argue that we are doing shit that has a negative impact towards certain current lifeforms including our own, but the Earth is going to continue to revolve and life is going to continue. You're fucking retarded if you think us disrupting ecosystems is literally killing the planet. Yes, the world as we know it is changing, but so fucking what? We've been here a blink of an eye. The world used to be covered in giant mushrooms. It ain't anymore.
>>
>>7927455
Let me end this by asking you a question, OP. What are your real solutions to these problems? Do you have a charity? Have you balanced some sort of budget or drawn a plan that administers education and cultural change to areas so that they can then reap the benefits of being a more educated society?

Or are you under the delusion that you not eating meat (but still benefiting from a society where animal products are widely used, animal testing makes medicines safe, etc) is "doing your part to change the world"? Why aren't you in some third world shithole educating people?
>>
>>7927455
>Except a HUGE problem with current food waste is the inability to get the food to where it would be used.
No, millions of tons of food are air and ship freighted across the globe to where they will get a higher price. It's economics, it's the market, it's not a physical problem of logistics. If the money was there to ship that food to those countries, or to keep the food grown in those countries that problem would not exist.
>Sure, grocery stores throw away a lot, but they don't just love burning money for the sake of it. It's a much more nuanced and complicated problem than you're arguing.
No, it is. Stores reject sometimes even 75% or 100% of a producers harvest the ONLY reason being that it fails to reach cosmetic standards. Google "Hugh's War on Waste" to see what's happening in the UK.

>A store's turnover isn't going to be near perfect unless you literally micromanage people's lives.
I don't understand what you mean by that.

>Can we do more as a society to have a culture of less waste and have policies where the food tends to go to the needy? Sure, but that isn't going to get the old produce from Walmart to Africa.
There are two ways for this, either you get NGOs and charities and governments to fund the shipment of this food as aid or you completely re-work the current economic system we've got (unlikely).

>If you just give food to the poorest areas without anything else, you're going to see population booms because families can reap the benefits of having a bunch of children in those societies without the risk of not having enough food to go around. You're getting entirely off-topic.
I never argued doing that. However if somehow magically 3rd World families as of tomorrow began to receive a shipment of food and condoms every week they would very much reduce their populations. Food security = no need to produce 10 kids to work the fields to feed you.
>>
>>7927468
Cont'd

>Earth is not dying, it's changing. You can argue that we are doing shit that has a negative impact towards certain current lifeforms including our own, but the Earth is going to continue to revolve and life is going to continue. You're fucking retarded if you think us disrupting ecosystems is literally killing the planet. Yes, the world as we know it is changing, but so fucking what? We've been here a blink of an eye. The world used to be covered in giant mushrooms. It ain't anymore.

This is stupid semantics. Yes Earth as in the planet is changing not dying. Earth as in the ecosystem that we know and have inhabited is changing in a way that will destroy us and a whole lot of life with it. Who cares if the planet recovers within a week after our species is wiped out? We won't be there to see it. That's such a pointless argument.
>>
>>7927468
>However if somehow magically 3rd World families as of tomorrow began to receive a shipment of food and condoms every week they would very much reduce their populations.
Citation needed. Welfare (which is what this would ultimately be) does not reduce population growth. Education and socioeconomics does, and those families, having to not worry about food, could raise their social status by having a large family because each could have a shitty sweatshop job and pool their money. Aid alone is not good for developing areas because it tends to have terrible effects on the economy that is there in the first place. You wouldn't just be shipping food, you'd have to monitor and distribute it to ensure it was actually given out. Ontop of this, it would ruin local food suppliers.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with some of your baseline points, but there's no reason to bring them up in the first place. What you're arguing for is a fantasy world.
>>
>>7927483
>Political and socio-economic change is fantasy
Cool man.

P.S. I obviously didn't mean we should start shipping food and condoms to the 3rd world, the hint was in the "magically". I was making a point about how lack of food is not the prime factor behind limiting population growth.
>>
Good thing you used "ect" in your second bullet point OP. I knew immediately you were retarded and didn't have to read any further. Thanks!
>>
>>7927497
Of that magnitude, yes it is fantasy. You're saying that people should give away one of the most expensive (consider how much we spend in our lifetimes on food in both money and resources) necessities and resources to people without and also pay for those things to be given to people who may or may not appreciate those things. The money has to come from somewhere.

As you're finally hinting at, maybe you should shift your focus away from being an annoying vegan and more focus on educational opportunities for those places. Food, sadly, can come after you've fixed that.
>>
>>7927518
I'm not OP and I'm decidedly not vegan. Education, a fair trade system, etc. are all part of what needs to be done. Charity works too, but it only prolongs an inherently unfair system.

Finally, giving away waste is not valuable. It's waste, we throw it away, we don't use it. There are videos of perfectly good food being destroyed by producers because of what I mentioned earlier, or food being thrown away further down the chain. The costs to ship that food is not as much as you make out at all. You could get that from all sorts of places, taxes, charities, you name it.
>>
>>7927044
>>7927063

These arguments are actually valid but can't stop my hedonistic way of life tbqh I hate human race anyway
>>
>>7927522
So then make it happen if it's so easy.
>>
>>7927140
>MEN!!!! hurrr

Get over yourself
>>
>>7927063
I have chickens and cows IT DOES NOT TAKE 2500 GALLONS OF WATER FOR ONE LB OF BEEF.. AND IT DOES NIT TAKE 477 GALLONS OF WATER TO PRODUCE 1 LB OF EGGS..
>>
>>7927059
holy shit you're a fucking idiot. not to say there isn't merit to this but you need to understand that tearing up the ground to plant tomatos or carrots is different than leaving it to be pasture.

A lot of land that got plowed over for farming like that can erode top soil, or even cause dust bowls. "fixes" like this are usually the death knell of a movement becuase its one extremism to the next, just look at the way organic and gmo crops are polarized.
>>
>>7927103
no, I'd say yours failed to explain the rate of expansion of the sun basically not being a factor for millions of more years.
>>
>>7927417

> No, population has been proven to drop dramatically in developing countries the moment you introduce education, contraception, allow women to work and study etc.

What has yet to be proven is whether this can be sustained in African and Sunni nations.
>>
>>7927044
>feed those bastard
>they take up land, resource
>their children/grandchildren will move into my country

>feed a chicken
>delicious thighs and wings

the problem is I cant eat those hungry bastard after they are full
>>
>>7927044
>Worldwide, cows drink 45 billion gallons of water and eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY! We have a high enough food yield to feed the whole planet, but we don’t, so that we can have fat fucking cows.

why is it the US's responsibility to feed the whole fucking planet?
>>
kill and eat the poor hungry people. that will free up some land and lower polution.
>>
>>7927044
I cannot live forever. Thus, the world should die with me.
>>
>>7927044
>world hunger: we can solve it

>feed a billion niggers
>10 years later there's two billion niggers demanding more free food from you
>20 years later it's four billion niggers demanding food from you

if they cant feed themselves then they can fuck off and die
>>
File: indonesian-sulfur-miner.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
indonesian-sulfur-miner.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
These threads are fucking terrible, and full of apparantley psychopaths.

Why does it have to be so black and white? And why are people having such a hard time understanding basic facts?

Fact: Climate change is real and is at least partially caused by humans by pumping up trillions of tons of carbon that hasn't been in the carbon cycle naturally for millions of years.
Fact: Agriculture causes a lot of climate gases
Fact: Meat is healthy for you, but you probably dont need as much as you are consuming

Conclusion: Dont be a fucking asshole, eating less meat and more veggies is good for both you and the planet, and your'e not making any major life changes
>>
>>7928009
>>7928013
>>7928092
I'll take "stuff edgy sixteen year olds say" for 200 Alex
>>
File: 1458311688692.png (102KB, 280x284px) Image search: [Google]
1458311688692.png
102KB, 280x284px
>>7927044
>helping 3rd worlders who rape and murder and mutilate eachother
>>
Thanks for this thread OP. People should know the consequences of their actions so they can better make decisions
>>
>>7927140
Oh noooooooooo not turkey! Anything but the turkey!
You don't even give a fuck that an animal was enslaved, tortured and murdered for your appetite, do you? It's a horrible, cruel process. Watch earthlings.
>>
>>7928118
but this guy >>7928092 speaks the truth

Overpopulation is literally the cause of every modern-world problem ever
>climate change
>poverty
>hunger
>crime
>animal cruelty
>>
>>7928092
>>7928152

no, of course they will be independent and take care of ecosustainability. look:
http://gen.ecovillage.org/en/node/8885
for example.
>>
I think it'd be more effective if America stopped attempting to eat the planet. We can all still eat our burgers and keep the dindus alive.

Then again, you probably don't want to give the dindus food without education, lest you create another India.
>>
File: moonclose.webm (3MB, 1146x646px) Image search: [Google]
moonclose.webm
3MB, 1146x646px
does 'world hunger' really exist or is it just another way for 'charities' to extort money from the naive masses in a capitalist economy?
>>
>>7927129

So because you are alive on this planet you might as well fuck it up as much as possible?

What the fuck.
>>
>>7928009
Jonathan Swift pls go
>>
File: 1469646629722.jpg (24KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469646629722.jpg
24KB, 306x480px
>>7928204
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
DURRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>7928236
THAT'S AMORÉ
>>
>>7927044
No
>>
>>7927044
>Believing the global warming meme
Global warming doesn't exist idiot
>>
>>7927044
>Don’t be a dick, go vegan. Or vegetarian or something.
>or something

Okay. I'll be an omnivore.
>>
>>7928272
>vegetables are for hipsters

fucking mouthbreather
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 265x300px
>>7928266
>meme
Opinion discarded, shitcunt.
>>
>>7927093
There's no reason to conserve when cultures tha5 don't care are exposing in population and exporting the excess to better cultures.
>>
>>7927044
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7927063
Preech to the chinks and indians please. Aka the real planet killers, instead of 4chan
>>
>>7927044
if black and white taught me anything its that when you increase the food supply people will fuck more thats all well and good for the western world that have womens lib and no qualms about using condoms and IUD's

but all those over crowded places where hunger is the issue will cause the already impoverished to have more children which means more mouths too feed.

limiting the food supply is good for this reason.
though dying of starvation is one of the worst ways to go.
>>
>>7927552
My chickens eat kitchen scraps and yard, woods stuff. I refill the water feeder once a day so 300 gallons a year? Less because I use the extra water when I replace it ever morning.
>>
>>7928297
>>7928305
This is the real issue. We spend billions feeding starving Africans, and all it does is let them create more starving Africans. And Africans or not, it's ridiculous to think a constantly growing population can just be sustained forever.

I say this as a vegan, btw, and agree the West is far too wasteful and destructive to the planet. But we're not the ones breeding so irresponsibly.
>>
>>7928333

Birth rates go DOWN when standards of living reach a certain level, dummy. The best way to guarantee uncontrolled population growth is to limit or reverse decades of modernization taking place in poor countries
>>
Great blog OP, where can I follow you for more facts™
>>
>>7928204
nah, i've seen the pictures on the tv so i'm pretty sure it's real.
>>
Fish are the correct thing to eat but we poisoned all the waters with mercury. It's too late every thing is over and we are all fucked.
>>
>>7928362
Nice point, except african living standards never go above a certain threshold and they never stop spawning tons of kids.

Before
>Have many kids if you were able to feed them
>Too many kids meant a lot of them would starve to death
>Population is kept at a equilibrium based on resources attainable

Now
>Still culture of having many kids
>Get foreign aid
>More kids survive
>Kids also have the idea of having many kids being good
>Kids produce more kids
>Exponential niggers
>Resources in the country can't uphold the population size on its own
>LILLE NIGLETTS STARVING WE GOTTA HELP THEM
>Send more resources
>The cycle continues
>Inifinite starving negroes
>>
>>7928414
In the time it took you to type that out you could have checked the numbers and realized you were wrong

Fertility rates are decreasing and have been for longer than you've been alive

For all your edgy talk you seem afraid to look at the issues realistically. Death-based population control only works if you're willing to use WMDs. So yeah, you willing to nuke major population centers? If not, the next best thing is development.
>>
>>7928472
Hate to break the news t'ya, buddy, but of the top twenty-five countries with the highest birth rates in the world, 96% are African ones. And that 96%? They're all negroid. Every. Last. One.

He was right. Why is being factual offensive?
>>
>>7928472
>Fertility rates are decreasing and have been for longer than you've been alive

yeah, in the west. not in the middle east, not in south asia, and certainly not in sub saharan niggerland.

>death-based population control
>WMDs

the fuck are you on about? we're simply saying that it's a shit idea to waste western work and resources on feeding starving niggers, because it solves absolutely nothing in the long run and just creates more starving niggers at the expense of westerners. fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>7927462
It's easier to eat lettuce and delude yourself into thinking you're having an impact rather than actually going out and helping where it matters.
>>
>>7928414
>>Exponential niggers

Someone found the root problem.
>>
>>7928305
>though dying of starvation is one of the worst ways to go.

i'm not saying it's good but i was shocked to learn recently that starving to death is actually painless
>>
>>7928472
>Fertility rates are decreasing and have been for longer than you've been alive
Fertility rates, the natural ability to conceive, are exactly the same, no matter what interventions science comes up with in medication and in vitro, it's still pretty much the same, dropping exponentially in late 20s-30s. Look at Celene Dion and her 18x of in vitro, count that, 18x she had implanted eggs that didn't work (moral issues with that some people would say). Since few people are millionaires, and it's pretty damn common to fail 5x in the $15-35k procedure cycle, then you can do the math how many people it helps. Careers and postponing childbirth in the educated set, i why a lot of developed countries drop down to 1.5 kids per couple, but add the advanced medical care, and there are fewer accidents. And, add legal abortions and the post-40 accidents and high risk babies get aborted (the highest incidence of abortion isn't teen mothers as people think, but people with completed families).
I think you meant to say population rates were stable.
>>
>>7928496
Did mommy drop you on your head when you were a baby? Why are you restating what I already pointed out like it's some controversial fact?
>>7928499
Yes, everywhere. The rates are closely correlated with HDI. This isn't news to anyone with an interest in economics, but apparently it's SJW delusions to illiterate /pol/ babbies. I look forward to you reply in which you show your inability to grasp basic concepts like rate of change.
>>
File: 1469182941004.jpg (164KB, 558x760px) Image search: [Google]
1469182941004.jpg
164KB, 558x760px
>>7927523
>>
>>7928514
"Fertility rate" in economics isn't zygotes and spermatozoa, it's how many babies are popping out. Stop being dense.
>>
>>7927044
>Methane (yes, from cow farts), is more destructive than CO2
fuck. that sounds like a serious problem.
>cows [...] eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY!
spotted the problem. maybe if we fed cows a natural diet of grass rather than gmo grains then they might not be farting so much. in fact i'm absolutely certain that they won't.

>THE GRAINS THAT WE FEED TO LIVESTOCK SHOULD BE FED TO PEOPLE INSTEAD
that ought to do the trick.
>>
>>7928563
>in fact i'm absolutely certain that they won't.

Why? Care to explain your reasoning? What chemical is present in GMO grain which causes farting and is missing in non-GMO grain? Name it, or realize that you don't understand what you're talking about.
>>
>>7928574
grains in general. cows were not designed to eat grains. they graze on grass. did you know that also feed them the brains of other dead cows?

a very simple solution to many problems, including global warming, is to let the cows eat grass as nature intended.
>>
>>7928472
actually the best thing is birth control you filthy fucking catholic. I wonder whos responsible for the lack of spread of condoms in africa from all the white ass racists are afraid they'll overbreed. it couldn't have been any multibillion respected institution that is doing the same by lobbying our schools to teach abstinance only education.

fuck catholism and any sect that tries to stomp down on sex ed.
>>
>>7927687
of course no onw acknowledges the truth.
>>
>>7928581
>grains in general

No, that sounds like some sort of bullshit that you heard but don't really understand.

Name. The. Specific. Chemical.

If you really understand this that ought to be a very very simple question for you to answer.
>>
>>7927552
>>7928326
I can't help but think what theyre trying to do is include the feed, since what we feed them wouldn't be necissary either and that costs water too.
>>
>>7928593
fuck off monsanto. see the real message for what it is.

>gmo
>TRIGGERED
>>
>>7928586
I agree with this
Not sure why you think I'm a Catholic, WTF
>>
>oy vey goyim stop eating meat!
>better use your resources to feed niggers in africa, so that you can be culturally enriched by having millions of them flood your countries in the future!

yes merchant, sounds like a really good idea!
>>
>>7928515
>i'm incapable of reading and following simple conversations
Well you could have just said. I wouldn't waste time with anyone who lacks such an elementary skill. It'd be like explaining calculus to someone who has yet to master times tables.
>>
>>7928597

I fucking hate GMOs, anon. But that doesn't mean I need to make up obvious bullshit reasons to hate them. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike GMOs--there's no need to fabricate bullshit or perpetuate ignorance here. Misunderstanding the situation and assigning false claims about GMOs only weakens one's credibility.
>>
>>7928604
Don't worry about it, at least you admitted you hadn't been following the thread. You're more reasonable than the average /pol/, though that's not saying much.
>>
>>7928607
again. WE'VE MOVED ON FROM THE SUBJECT OF GMO.

i was really talking about GRAINS IN GENERAL.

>Because it's not natural for cows to eat large quantities of corn, animals raised on it are more likely to suffer from health issues. The most common include bloat, or possibly fatal amounts of excess gas, and liver abscesses. The more hay or grass a cow eats compared to corn, soy and other grains, the less likely the animal will develop these digestive problems. Cows consuming a lot of corn are more susceptible to E. coli infection, which can in turn infect people who eat the meat.
Source: goggle.com.au
>>
>>7928222
Nah buddy, that sounded like a modest proposal to me.
>>
>>7928614
>again. WE'VE MOVED ON FROM THE SUBJECT OF GMO.

I haven't. I'm still waiting for you to explain the reasoning behind your claim that non-gmo diets will suddenly make cows stop farting.

The reason why I'm asking this question is to establish wether or not you're credible. I want to know if you know what you're talking about or if I can ignore you because you spout bullshit.

Given that my question still hasn't been answered, I'm going to assume that the latter assessment was correct and I'm going to go to a different discussion that isn't filled with virgins discussing sex.
>>
>>7928622
mental illness. the post.
>>
>>7928622
>I'm still waiting for you to explain
>establish wether or not you're credible
>the latter assessment was correct

I want to put my hands around your neck and slowly squeeze the life out of you.
>>
>>7927044
See this is the problem, my stay in this planet is short but any meat I eat I take with me forever.
Maybe if I ot to live for 500 years I would be a little more concerned
>>
>>7927044
wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>7927059
How is it 37% of the total methane generated by humans if it's generated by cows?
>>
>>7928622
Did bugguy forget to put on his trip?
>>
>>7928612
kek
You've made two glaring errors. They're not errors of fact nor of judgment, but they're mistakes nonetheless. I strongly suggest you reread the whole conversation, friend-o, and see if you can figure out what they are. (:
>>
>>7928219
none of us asked to be born. we have the right to derive whatever pleasure we can from this existence, which, yes, includes fucking up this meaningless ball of rock we live on
>>
File: 1469670394625.jpg (273KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469670394625.jpg
273KB, 480x600px
>>7927068
>helping the planet
the planet is fine, the people are fucked
>>
I don't eat beef because it's expensive. I eat a lot of dairy, eggs, chicken, and canned fish. Am I saving the planet? Thanjs
>>
>>7927044
I don't give a fuck about your meme of the month politics, keep them away from my food. Thank you.
>>
>>7928664
Face it, you got btfo
>>
>>7927044
If you're truly serious about this, will you post guidelines for those who are very ill on how to go vegan? I'm recovering from rocky mountain spotted fever and there are many people who suffer from long-term chronic illnesses as well as acute issues and digestive problems. Long term the diet is not viable unless someone figures out how even the sick and wimpy can get big, healthy, and strong on it. I have heard story after story straight from the horses' mouth of how vegetarians - not even vegans - got extremely sick one day and just plain didn't get better until they ate a bunch of chicken soup, or a bunch of eggs, or even in my father's case (he almost died) chicken bouillon. Same with putting on weight in children that just weren't gaining it. I'm serious, someone needs to get on this.
>>
>>7928996
And one of the errors continues, I see.
>>
File: 1469512388668.jpg (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469512388668.jpg
185KB, 600x600px
>This entire thread
>>
>>7927044
this is a topic for /pol/ and not /ck/
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>
>>7928283
As I thought, shitlibs can't argue for something that's been proven to not exist.
>>
>muh CO2
>muh greenhouse gasses

it regulates itself, funny how puny humans think they can ruin a planet
>>
>>7927044
>We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people
>Don't be a dick, go vegan
this is anti-meat propaganda.

most of the problems with world hunger are distribution issues, corruption, poverty, etc.

being vegan won't make someone in africa suddenly have food on the table.

support the development of cultured meat, GMO food, etc. so that progress continues and makes it easier to feed people
>>
File: 1424510393566.jpg (89KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
1424510393566.jpg
89KB, 570x427px
To be honest I agree.

People should be incentivized to reduce meat consumption. There's no need to go vegetarian, just don't eat so much meat all the time.
>>
>>7929320
>being vegan won't make someone in africa suddenly have food on the table.

>support the development of cultured meat, GMO food, etc. Because this will suddenly put food on a table in Africa

I can lead you to the parts of your brain that don't work right, but I can't fix it for you :(
>>
File: Zero impact.jpg (1MB, 1435x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Zero impact.jpg
1MB, 1435x1005px
>>7929312
Yeah us puny dumb people can't do anything to change the earth on a massive scale
>>
>>7929366
We really can't. All you're doing is flailing around panicking about things which have been happening since our world was born and won't stop happening after we're gone. Long after we'll be gone the earth will still be here, indifferent.
>>
>>7929376

Yup, 99.9999% of atmospheric scientists are wrong. Listen to the douche on 4chan, he's obviously on the money.
>>
>>7928998
>>7927044
Come on frickin OP, respond
>>
>>7929380
They don't need to be wrong for me to be right.
>>
>>7929353
yeah that's not what i said. but if it's easier for a poor farmer in a drought-stricken area with poor soil to grow food with improved production methods, he might be less likely to go hungry.

being vegan in america won't give someone in africa more water or better soil, or GMO crops that grow better and produce more food.

you're either a defensive vegan or a typical newfriend who thinks making up an argument in greentext so you can seem right makes you superior. don't be an asshole, friend.
>>
>>7929384

Given they claim climate change derives from human activity, and you're claiming it doesn't, yeah.
>>
>>7929404
I'm not claiming it doesn't. I'm claiming it was always happening, which it was, and that it always will be, which it will. You won't find a single scientist disputing that.
>>
>>7929404
no shit climate changes from human activity
we produce CO2, its a greenhouse gas, so we produce a gas that helps the heating up of our planet

you have to understand the carbon cycle, it regulates itself. too much greenhouse causes a heat up, causes sour rain, causes silicon(e) which binds with CO2 which gets back into the atmosphere via vulcanism

its dumbed down, but you should read it up yourself anyway

also sorry if some terms are wrong, not my native language. i always mix up silicone and silicon, i meant the one thats in our earth's mantle, not in fake boobs

also you should learn about sensationalism, very often statistics get abused. if there was some serious breakthrough accurately predicting something it would be cited by more than 1 "newspaper". its most likely taken out of context and/or exagerated
>>
>>7927044
I think everyone knows that the world would probably be better if we were vegetarians but people just enjoy meat too much.
>>
>>7929474
>I think everyone knows that the world would probably be better if we were vegetarians

This is why meat heads get so defensive when the subject comes up. It is also why, instead of making coherent arguments about the benefits of meat consumption, they resort to name calling or making jokes about how proud most vegans are about saving the world and telling people about their improved and healthy life style.

Everytime I hear a joke about a vegan telling people they are vegan it doesn't really sound funny. It just sounds like someone explaining their dietary restrictions (similar to someone with allergies) and trying to tell people how to improve their lives and health. What's actually funny about that?

inb4 "found the vegan"

and no, i'm not a vegan. meat tastes way too fucking good - i'm just not ok with pretending like it isn't a shitty thing to eat.
>>
>>7929510
>jokes about how proud most vegans are about saving the world and telling people about their improved and healthy life style.
this is literally why the thread was started though, to talk about how being a vegan is going to solve world hunger and save the world. and it wasn't done as a joke.

the problem is technological stagnation. we developed methods to produce massive quantities of meat that was mainly limited to upper classes previously, and the downsides became apparent. cultured meat can help with this. instead of solving the downsides, a lot of vegans just want to go backwards. that's not the right answer.
>>
>>7929510
People make vegan jokes for the same reason they make mormon jokes. Mormons don't think jokes about them are funny either.

>>7929538
Veganism isn't going to do shit. I mean even pokemon has a bigger effect on the world than you.
>>
>>7927044
How was your first year of college? Sounds like yo6ure bursting with useless ideals.
>>
>>7927044
Veganism isn't about food itself or the preparation thereof. It's about the politics in the background.

As such you should take this to /pol/. Especially a political diatribe like this.
>>
File: Doubt.png (24KB, 200x114px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
24KB, 200x114px
>>7927044
>• 80% of antibiotics sold in the US are used in animal agriculture
No source.
I didnt realise using antibiotics was bad for *the environment, *the animals *the humans.
If people were serious about killing bacteria, instead of rationing out antibiotics, we'd all use all antibiotics at once and kill as many of the fuckers as possible that dont become resistant.
>• Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions ( more than the combined exhaust from transportation [cars, planes, train ect, which make up a combined 13%])
No source.
So what? A good portion of that gas is absorbed by the ocean and trees. Probably about 20% or more but i cant find any numbers. Are you literally saying that now theres too many people on the planet to eat from animal agriculture?
>• Livestock and their byproducts account for more than 32,000 million tonnes of CO2 per year- that’s half of the WORLD’S greenhouse gas emissions
You previously said that animal agriculture was 18%, which isnt HALF in anyones language. Inconsistency fallacy. No source.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greenhouse_Gas_by_Sector.png
This graph shows agricultural biproducts as 12.5%. So i dont know where you got 18% from. Inconsistency fallacy.

Continued 1.
>>
>>7929762

Continued 1.

>• Livestock covers 45% of the Earth’s total land (a cause in rainforest depletion). As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows
No source. If we didnt have enough room for food the population would stop growing. I detect a hint of "overpopulation" bias in that you belive we'll breed ourselves into starvation. Which wont happen because global birthrates are declining and will most likely peak at 10 billion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_CxJfFgh0
I include this source not because it is an authority, but because it contains no fallacies and thus is logical. If you cry that this is not authoritive enough that is an Appeal to Authority Fallacy. So dont.

Furthermore, it is a Thin End of the Wedge Fallacy to say that as population grows we'll run out of food, because this disreguards any alternatives that might come along that take up less land, such as intencive farming or even these arteficially grown steaks. Heres a video on lab grown steaks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u468xY1T8fw While not the most reliable of sources, i can atleast point out that the video contradicts you by saying the World Wildlife Fund says that BEEF production drives 25% of global land use. This number, is still not worth becoming alarmist over, when you consider that people have the right to choose what to eat.
>• Methane (yes, from cow farts), is more destructive than CO2 on a 20year time frame
I have heard that this is true.
>• Methane has a global warming potential 86x that of CO2 on a 20 year frame
Even if that was true you have no source.

Continued 2.
>>
>>7929769

Continued 2.

>• Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed over 565 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions by 2030, all by raising animals for slaughter
No source. See Thin End of the Wedge fallacy.
>• We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people (current population is 7.something billion[fuck u, use google])
No source. Whats so frightening about food wastage anyway? Are you saying that as food is wasted so is methane, and then linking this to the idea that we all should eat less to waste less to produce less methane? Because this links back to my statment about Overpopulation and Lab-grown meat.
>• Growing crops for livestock takes 56% of the US water consumption
No source. That water doesnt dissappear, it goes right back into the planet as urine. So this is alarmist nonsense and a Thin End of the Wedge Fallacy.
>• 2,500 gallons of water is need to produce 1 pound of beef. And they ask us to take shorter showers? Fuck you
No source. So? You shouldnt take shorter showers because OTHER people dont? To Quoque Fallacy. This all comes down to efficiency. At least the beef is a sellable product where as your used shower water isnt. If that water costed more than the beef product then they simply wouldnt make anymore beef because it would be a net loss. But it isnt, so they do. And you dont have a source anyway so this could all be a lie.
>• 5% of US water is for private homes; 55% is for animal agriculture
So? again. The water isnt lost, it goes back into the atmosphere and the price of the beef reflects the water used. This is a Slippery Sloap Fallacy.
>• Don’t be a dick, go vegan. Or vegetarian or something.
Circular Argument Fallacy.

Continued 3.
>>
>>7929790
Continued 3.

In conclusion:
Your arguments tend towards Alarmism and Scare Mongering, The slippery slope fallacy is committed by arguments that reason that because the last link in the chain is undesirable, the first link is equally undesirable. They also assume that things will continue this way unchanged by any other factors.

Here is the source for all the Fallacies i have stated. I use the word Thin End of the Wedge Fallacy as interchangable with Slippery Sloap Fallacy. Better luck next time.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130219103359/http://www.criticalthinking.org.uk/unit2/

End.
>>
>>7927076
but they're not though
>>
I got $50 in the mail, and I'm going to take this opportunity to buy my first bottle of scotch. I've only noticed a handful of single malts in this price range, and I'd love to hear your opinion of them. The ubiquitous options seem to be the Glenmorangie 10 and then Glenlivet/Glenfidditch 12s. Allegedly the Glenfiddich has a nice apple/pear taste, which sounds great, but is a bit weak tasting. On the other hand, the Speyburn 10 is incredibly cheap relative to all other options -- does this reflect poor quality? On the very edge of my price range, I think I can also swing an Arran 10.

I'm a big fan of fruit notes, which it sounds like all of the Glens have in spades. Ideally I'd also be able to find some smokiness, but these seem to demand more money. Currently I'm leaning towards the Glenmorangie. Feel free to shitpost about whisky in general.
>>
>>7929814
See
>>7929762

You say save the planet you diot.

I think you might save the planet by not being one.
>>
>>7927044

Kys vegan.

Nignogs and pajeets need to get their shit together and all problems solve themselves.

Bio-nuking Africa when? Imagine whites actually utilizing all that space.
>>
>>7927044
>livestock covers half of the land on earth
lol?
o
l
?
>>
>>7929762
>If people were serious about killing bacteria, instead of rationing out antibiotics, we'd all use all antibiotics at once and kill as many of the fuckers as possible that dont become resistant.
are there literally people alive who are this stupid? what nation's education system should I blame for this?
>>
>>7929762
>If people were serious about killing bacteria, instead of rationing out antibiotics, we'd all use all antibiotics at once and kill as many of the fuckers as possible that dont become resistant.
Uhh, anon. I hate vegans too, but this is a terrible, terrible idea.

One, we need bacteria to survive. In our bodies, in our environment, the vast majority of them are beneficial and crucial.

Two, using antibiotics like that wouldn't kill all of them, just some of them. Guess what happens to the others? They become immune. So suddenly you have the same situation except now your antibiotics don't work anymore. Good job.
>>
>>7929907
back to /pol/
>>
>>7928118

Edge sixteen year olds AND working class adults.
>>
>>7930182
see >>7929640

You both belong there.
>>
>>7928362

Standards of living can't reach that level in countries run by subsaharan Africans and they can't sustain that level in countries run by Sunnis.

Allowing the Sunnis technological development is in fact very dangerous. Look at Pakistan, now they are overpopulated AND have nukes.
>>
>>7927044
>We have a high enough food yield to feed the whole planet, but we don’t, so that we can have fat fucking cows.

I think you're kind of missing the point. We have more than enough food production capacity for both. This isn't a farming fuckup, it's a limitation of our global economy and politics.

To solve world hunger, we have to solve poverty and corruption. Eating fewer steaks won't do that.
>>
>>7930272

I've had MRSA. This is a big deal, and people don't seem to realize how quickly we can go back to the 19th century once antibiotics are gone.
>>
>>7927044
do you think the cost of a hamburger is enough to cover the cost of preserving THE GRAINS THAT WE FEED TO LIVESTOCK, so that they can instead be shipped thousands of miles overseas to feed humans as dumb as livestock?
>>
>>7928150
you can't be serious. i bet you feel bad for the zebra that gets eaten in the middle of the dindu congo too, don't you?
>>
>>7930279

They even anti-biotics on plants too. If anti-biotics designed for human can be used in agriculture they will be used if people can make a buck with it. Meat or no meat.

The solution obviously is a world wide death penalty on misuse of anti-biotics.
>>
>As the population grows, we literally won’t have room for cows.

As of this very moment, the entire human race could live in the space occupied by China. Fuck off.
>>
>>7930322

Not much different from liberal cornucopians.
>>
>>7930272
/ck/ is not for politics or science. It's a board for food, cooking, sharing of recipes, and opinions.
>>
>>7930360

While this is true, the liberal side has the stupids that are anti-GMO, and that always come out of the woodwork when the valid topic of antibiotic use comes up. So the topic gets avoided.

There seems to be very few people with the scientifically backed opinions that
1) GMOs are not harmful
2) Antibiotics promote the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria
>>
>>7930360

But science and education are still a god of gaps to them.

They won't even entertain the possibility that some races and cultures are immune and can only be halted by Malthusian or outside forces.
>>
>>7930374
I didn't pick anything. I've been saying the same thing the entire thread. Go to fucking /pol/ where you belong.
>>
Guess what? Millions of people don't eat meat, and this is still happening. You can't stop it, just enjoy the ride while you can instead of fighting a battle you physically, mentally, and psionically cannot win.
>>
>>7930384
Except it wasn't I made a whole bunch of them :^)

I'm not the one whining about politics, you are. I really don't give a fuck about veganism and will gladly continue eating meat and animal products. You belong on /pol/, not me.
>>
>>7930396
Oh, okay, so you don't even have the veganism pretext for why you're supposedly being on topic. You literally came to fucking /ck/ to discuss antibiotics. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7930409
You'll die even if it doesn't, unashamed-shitpost-anon
>>
>>7930378

AHAHAHAHAHA nope

I'm the guy who had MRSA. And I'm saying that GMOs have so far been pretty fucking conclusively shown to not have issues.

Antibiotics, meanwhile, have been pretty fucking conclusively shown TO have issues. I happen to know this, since I had fucking MRSA.

And idiotic reactions like yours are EXACTLY why we can't talk about what a danger antibiotic use in agriculture is for us as a species. I hope you enjoy dying of TB, faggot.
>>
>>7930422
Glyphosate resistance is definitely a result of irresponsible glyphosate application due to Roundup Ready crops. It's basically the same as antibiotic resistance.
>>
So basically this thread is all about Monsanto pushing their agenda. Got it.
>>
>>7930424
>Glyphosate resistance

No, it's not basically the same. Because while the weeds might reduce crop yields slightly, they don't have the potential to unleash pandemics.
>>
>>7930438
I obviously meant that the anthropogenic and genetic causal mechanisms are the same.

And no, weeds do not reduce yields slightly. There is a reason herbicides and herbicide GMOs are so popular.
>>
>>7930446

I understand the mechanism is the same. The consequences, however, are far different in scope.
>>
File: 1461628466904.jpg (48KB, 572x548px) Image search: [Google]
1461628466904.jpg
48KB, 572x548px
>>7927059
>LET ALONE Cows are responsible for over 37% of the total methane generated by human activity. (Methane is 23 times as warming as CO2)
>Cows
>Human Activity

Yeah, nice try bucko.
>>
This is just a meme that people think food companies bother hiring internet propoganda professionals to make sure 4chan isn't shittalking them, right?
>>
>>7930468
I know it's hard to believe, but it's actually a thing.
>>
>>7929582
>How was your first year of college? Sounds like yo6ure bursting with useless ideals.

what is it with kids these days? when i was young, just in college, i had already assumed i was smarter than the professors, except maybe my electronics and math profs. i didn't automatically swallow every damn leftist thing they tried to lay on me.

these kids today seem to inhale that shit, then run around acting like everyone else are sheep.
>>
testing the waters before investing in a televised propoganda campaign

transparent af

you can't put a patent on mother nature
>>
>>7930489
I endorse this product or service!
>>
File: V6wb8qG.jpg (68KB, 640x764px) Image search: [Google]
V6wb8qG.jpg
68KB, 640x764px
>>7928625
>>7928652
>>7928663
>>baww why he so stupid when he should just believe everything we say
no dumbass, we should not believe everything you say. especially not when you don't back any of it up and spout bullshit half the time. even if what you are saying might seem logical there's no gaurentee you didn't get the information from some fuckjob touting raw paleo with homeopathy and a side of astrological crystals.

If your mission is to inform people and not shit post, you don;t get to act like the latter just because it's 4chan. you get your ducks in a row and present your case. or you know, stick your thumb up your ass, make death threats, and devolve into insults. The perfect sign that you hope to convince people of stuff.
>>
>>7930485
Like, reddit, twitter, I could buy that. But here? Really?
>>
File: suspicion aroused.gif (692KB, 480x256px) Image search: [Google]
suspicion aroused.gif
692KB, 480x256px
>>7930499

>cows should eat grass instead of gmo grains
>the most important of the above statement that needs to be addressed is the prefix of "gmo"
>>
File: 1469400864157.jpg (5KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
1469400864157.jpg
5KB, 256x144px
>>7927044

If you were serious about climate related issues you would realize it's already too late
>>
File: 1430887531651.jpg (58KB, 392x498px) Image search: [Google]
1430887531651.jpg
58KB, 392x498px
>>7927044
If you studied soil microbiology you would know that agriculture was a mistake
>>
>saturate field with fertilizers supplied by massive industrial mining operations transported to you via a globalized oil based transportation infrastructure
>plant GMO seeds
>spray plants with petrochemical based insecticides, fungicides, ect...
>harvest crops with oil powered machinery
>ship food to supermarket with an oil powered truck

Yes, what we need is to stop global hunger by growing more plants so we can increase the population and grow even more plants, I'm sure Tesla™ will make a battery powered combine harvester and we can Save the Planet©
>>
>>7929826
Holy shit how drunk are you
>>
>>7930580
Things die, that's just how it is. There is no such thing as saving the planet.
>>
>>7930580
m8 what are you on about?
eating meat increases the need for large scale farming operations

super witty, if weren't for the incredible stupidity
>>
File: malthus.jpg (88KB, 426x312px) Image search: [Google]
malthus.jpg
88KB, 426x312px
>>7927044
> We have starving people all over the world, THE GRAINS THAT WE FEED TO LIVESTOCK SHOULD BE FED TO PEOPLE INSTEAD.

No, the answer is to have fewer people and increase the quality of life for individuals, not subsist on a diet of twigs and leaves while breeding like rats.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x320px
Maybe I'll go vegetarian someday OP for the sake of the world but veganism is for bleeding heart wankers
>>
world hunger isn't cause by supply issues ,but by wars that prevent people to farm their own land, and block commercial roads.
>>
>>7927044
No one gives a fuck about the "world hunger" myth. Populations in useless third world countries like the countries in Africa are skyrocketing. They obviously aren't starving enough.
>>
>>7927067
>*facepalm*
Now i know this is bait.
>>
This is the worst thread I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>7927242
>>7927207
You are just as bad as op, congratulations.
>>
We get these kind of bait threads every once in a while, I guess it's just that time again
>>
>>7927440
Cleary the solution is to get rid of those goddamn freerange cows!
>>
>>7927044
>Beleiving in global warming
>>
If we all just cut out red meat out of our diets by 60% there is absolutely nothing bad that can happen, except to the fuckers who are feeding us antibiotic-laden soy fed cows whose families should be broken and homeless anyway.
>>
>>7930182

Le "You said nigger go back to pol" meme.

Go die slowly of malnourishment
>>
>>7930279

The world needs a new black plague to cull the numbers. Cant wait for antibiotics to fail so natural selection can run its course.

Based Darwin will be nodding approvingly in his grave.
>>
>>7927063
Why are you anthropomorphizing other species?

Also, "save the planet"?

It's a random rock in the vast emptiness of space that we've only existed on for a moment. We're nothing to it, can anyone here prove that we really have anything to lose?

Every trace of our existence, and its existence, will eventually be annihilated.
>>
>>7930484
Sheltered lives, play dates ,never left alone, kids these days! Blah blah blah.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 262x193px
If you guys dont wanna give up meat you can always it a tasty handful of BEEEEES
>>
>>7930562

There's no real alternative for a high tech civilization.

It's just a substrate for mostly chemical fertilizer and a little natural fertilizer nowadays. Calling it soil is being a bit generous.
>>
>>7927687
>A lot of land that got plowed over for farming like that can erode top soil
you don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>7928509
>starving to death is actually painless
american education is flabbergasting
>>
>>7931415

You don't know how evolution works it seems. "Natural selection" for disease won't select for smart, pretty, or strong. It'll pick for those lucky or anti-social enough to avoid disease, or those with strong immune systems.

In the current world, the strongest immune systems are those in India and Africa, which face diseases pretty much eradicated in civilization on a regular basis. So congrats, you're giving the world to them.
>>
>>7930541
This is one of the most popular site on the Internet still.
>>
>>7931997
Nope.
Not even top 20.
>>
>>7931236
You're lying.
>>
>>7927081
fuck you mom
>>
>>7932004
Wow it is pretty far down on the list for a website with millions of users. I forgot how big the Internet has gotten.
>>
>>7929380
source on that statistic pls, cause I call bullshit
quit making shit up and try to debate this intellectually
statistics are just a 'good guess' at what is really going on, so even if you do have solid testing, you will never be 100% on anything of that scale

that said, biggest debate right now with climate change is not if its happening or not, but how much of it is contributed by humans.
with such a hot topic politically right now, I would take any studies, on both sides, with a grain of salt. use your head, don't just jump on anything that you read that supports only your views
>>
>>7931952
>no more whites bitching about food that isn't tendies and ranch
Unsurprisingly, I'm ok with this
>>
>>7932151

Civilized countries could feed themselves purely on aquaponics if they had to. Of course it's an open question how long most of the civilized world can stay civilized, given global migration from non civilized to civilized countries.
>>
>>7927286

This. The more food you give the niggers the more they breed.

You want to solve world hunger? Stop feeding the animals, it creates dependence. Or since they're a global pest, just drop a few strategic nukes. Subsaharan africa, India, etc. Problem solved.

These niggers have like 10, 15 fucking kids. If I had that many I'd have trouble feeding them, too. STOP BREEDING. Especially when it's all the genetic trash who never do shit and just want a handout, gibs, and a free life of fucking and snorting petrol who do all the breeding.

OP: Save the planet, kill yourself.
>>
>>7928117
>Climate change

Then why have niggers in africa been starving and demanding handouts since the 70s, when there was no climate change and we were facing global cooling?

Checkmate.

>>7928297

This.

>whites a "majority"
>muh privilege, hurr oppressor
>actual a vast global minority
>but yes goy, sell out your nation, open the borders and your asshole, and hand over all your earnings for the "oppressed" "minorities"
>>
>>7928394

We've actually overfished the fucking ocean to where populations of fish species are completely collapsing and many are nearing threatened/endangered status.

Yes, there are so many god damned mother fucking humans, 75% asian cunts by the way, that we actually fished all of the oceans fucking dry.

Back in the 1800s you could find MASSIVE seafood, clam and oyster and mussel, bigger than your hand, just fucking giant, and that was the norm, and the same went for fish. Big ass fish, giant, huge. Now only small fish and mollusk remain, because they're the few babies that are left and we literally ate everything else.

We NEED to kill a few billion humans or everyone is going to die. We're so fucking "smart" but we're doing the same thing bacteria and deer do--eat everything, breed out of control, have no food left, and we're gonna see a terrible population crash.
>>
>>7930354

>this meme

Where does the food come from, genius?

Every human needs about ten acres of land to support himself. A studio apartment is 400 sq ft. So no, we'd need like TEN or TWENTY chinas just to grow the food for everyone, and MORE land for shit like oil, goods, fabrics, electronics, mining, foresting, fishing...

God damn you people think food falls out of the sky. It comes from LAND, LOTS AND LOTS OF FUCKING LAND, SERIOUSLY ABOUT TEN ACRES PER PERSON AND TWENTY FOR YOUR MOM. We do NOT have vast wilderness left, most of it is "developed" or used for farming, there are nearly zero regions of the world with unspoiled nature except siberia and northern canada, which is too balls cold to do anything with.
>>
>>7927044 >>7927059 >>7927063 >>7927455
>relevant
>>
So what's your guys's favorite steak?
>>
>>7927063
>gallons and pounds then liters and kg, fuck you. Be consistent with stats instead of making numbers look large
>>
>>7927140
You could always hunt
>>
>>7931240
You must be a nigger!
>>
File: image.jpg (879KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
879KB, 1600x1036px
>food is going to animals instead of people!
>they should take the food from the animal and give it to the hungry people!

Capitalism called.

Until you at least start a political communist party, you're just a fucking hypocrite. Seize someone's stuff because people are hungry? Where does it say that in the constitution?

It all boils down to "people with power should help mankind more" because you know damn well people love their steak and way of life more than helpong hungry people.

You're also ticking off less than 1% of mankind's problems, and we'll be out of many things before world hunger is a thing, like helium and tecnhicium. We'll still burn fossil fuels, dump oil on the sea, no recycling, the works; even if tomorrow the world magically changed and eating beef was no more, you just ignored chickens and we'll double them.

If everyone ate half the meat they do, the world would be a better place.

If you make or insist people stop eating meat, they'll mock, shoot and ban you. And if you succeed they'll just crank other vices up to 11.

If cows magically dissapeared and we had x2 the food everyone needs africa would be still hungry and the %1 would still gorge and waste because that's how things work
>>
>>7929320
The exclusive problem with world hunger is corruption.

If Africans weren't racist, and Western nations less afflicted by white guilt, we would depose the governments of almost all of the African nations and rebuild their infrastructure.

World hunger could be solved in only a few decades. Of course, you would cause a generational crisis of billions of blacks leeching from the inevitable resultant welfare state.
>>
more people die of food related illnesses than of hunger. fact.

worry less about the amount of food being produced and more about the quality of that food, and possibly the distribution of it.

say no to gmo.
>>
>>7933625
There is literally nothing wrong with gmo crops as food.
I can see having conscientious objections against the corporations that make them, but gmo crops are as healthy as any other non-organic crop.
>>
>>7933662
Scroll up and find some information on how gmo grains cause fatal digestive problem for cows who eat the stuff.
Mammals are mammals.
>>
>>7933662
>Crops that literally bleed pesticides are perfectly healthy to eat

Go to bed Monsanto shill.
>>
>>7927055
>hmm lets see would I rather die a fatass with multiple cancers on a dying planet or eat a some an animal once a while
Hard choice indeed.
>>
>>7930349
>>7930358
It's because of the current monoculture. We grow a select few varieties of each type of crop, so lack of genetic variation makes them highly susceptible to pests and diseases. Prior to the Cavendish banana, we used the Gros Michel until they got destroyed by disease.
>>
>>7933698
>insecticides are effective mammal killers
>>
>>7933674
I'm reading the thread and all I see are claims about how grains make cows fart.
In fact, all I see in this thread are claims.
>>
McSanto are fucking stupid (like this guy >>7933774). Instead of making mutant crops for cows to eat they should just make mutant cows with six hind legs to give us more T-bone steaks. Fucking idiots.

Congratulations. You just had a vision of the future.
Say no to MonsterSanto.
>>
>>7929382
COME ON FUCKING OP RESPOND
OR ANYONE
>>
>>7927063
See >>7928998
FUCKING RESPOND OP
>>
>Save the planet
Mother earth is gonna be just fine, faggot.
She has survived a lot more than global warming.
You could detonate every nuke in the world and the planet would still be rotating, albeit slightly off axis.
Quit acting like the planet is made of glass
>>
>>7927044
Why the fuck would you want more third-worlders?
>>
Your starving thousandth-worlders don't trump my God given right to engorge myself on fat and cholesterol
>>
Hypothetically, let's say that the planet dies and all life is lost. How is that a problem? I just don't fucking understand. Isn't life an a priori requirement for a problem to exist, or a negative quality to be attached to a scenario? Sure some people will have to endure the end and all its misfortune, but isn't that inevitable at some point? It's edgy, but is it 'wrong'?
>>
>>7935860
t. AA Lewis
>>
>>7927044
>Solve world hunger
>World population skyrockets
>World hunger is back again, and we have no meat

yeah nah
>>
File: 2014_beyondsushi1.0.jpg (50KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
2014_beyondsushi1.0.jpg
50KB, 500x332px
Sup my new york vegans.

Try pic related beyond sushi. Vegan and tastes better than sushi with fish in it.
>>
>>7933814
You vegans are seriously as excessively defensive as weed smokers.

No wonder nobody cares.
>>
File: 1469615509281.jpg (27KB, 255x217px) Image search: [Google]
1469615509281.jpg
27KB, 255x217px
Ethicalveganfaggots are the best faggots, what a shame that they're almost always self flagellating cuckolds, feminists, muslim savagery apologists, black thuggery apologists, cultural marxists, cultural relativists, multiculturalists, anti-free speech, anti-gun ownership, anti-capitalists, pussy pedestalizers, edgy atheists, mass immigration lovers, generic racist progressives or any nightmarish combination of the aforementioned.
>>
>>7937708
>how many retarded memes can I combine into one block of text
>>
>>7927044
Fags complain about GMOs even though they have no idea what they are talking about. Classic.
>>
>>7927044
>Worldwide, cows drink 45 billion gallons of water and eat 135 pounds of grain each DAY!
What do you mean? do all livestock in the world eat 135 pounds of grain a day? or does every single livestock drink 45 billion gallons of water independently each day? you cant raise a serious argument of you cant even formulate yourself correctly.
>>
>>7937711
>how can I find a way to type 'meme' in a post
gg, memesayer
>>
>>7937711
he's right, I've never met an ethical vegan that wasn't a massive cuck
>>
>>7937888
Anyone who uses the word "cuck" unironically has invalid opinions
>>
File: 1456883518123.jpg (146KB, 960x775px) Image search: [Google]
1456883518123.jpg
146KB, 960x775px
>>7927044
Do we really want to solve world hunger when the planet is already overpopulated? Does the human race *need* more fucking Africans? Would the world be a better place if Africa became overpopulated, or if the slums of Bangladesh doubled the number of babies born every year?

Use your brain, OP.
>>
File: 64356562.jpg (333KB, 850x550px) Image search: [Google]
64356562.jpg
333KB, 850x550px
>>7930696
*clap clap clap*
>>
>>7927044
Do you think that you are doing "activism"
lol at your life
>>
>>7927044
It's a simple issue. If you don't produce enough value to warrant your life, you don't eat.

Third world shits are literally retarded (avg 60-85 iq) due to their genetics and there are more than enough of them for the required manual labor in their countries.

>tl;dr
Humans aren't special as animals, either let the failures die or eat the planet to death.
>>
>>7927044
Wow, this is the single best argument I've seen for eating as many low priced stakes and burgers as you possibly can now while you can because this pattern clearly isn't sustainable forever.

I bet you're the fag who sees that the right lane is blocked up ahead so you immediately merge left and wait in line while everyone smarter than you passes by you in the right lane and zipper merges.
>>
File: 1911prk8loc5ojpg.jpg (23KB, 580x205px) Image search: [Google]
1911prk8loc5ojpg.jpg
23KB, 580x205px
>>7938960
>I bet you're the fag who sees that the right lane is blocked up ahead so you immediately merge left and wait in line while everyone smarter than you passes by you in the right lane and zipper merges.
I cuck those fags everyday on my commute.
I'm so much smarter than them
>>
File: Sun.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
Sun.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>7927081
>!
>>
>>7927534
>>>>Tumblr
>>
>>7927044
Why do I care if people in other countries eat?
>>
>>7927044
Fuck you
>>
>>7938972
Do you ride a bicycle?
>>
>>7927044
>Africa, India and China have tripled their population in 50 years to over 1.2 billion each
>Middle East has had a 62% population increase since 1990
>Latin America added 155 million people 1990-2015
>hey you white people, better eat vegan to save the environment

Go fuck yourself, OP. If you want to stop an ecological catastrophe, get the curries, niggers, chinks, beaners and durkas to stop cranking out heaving masses of useless hair and meat.
>>
Cannibalism is the only answer.

>population control
>hunger

>two birds
>one stone
>>
>>7940528

China did something about it. India and Africa are fucked. Also Pakistan, Bangladesh etc etc etc.

Within a decade you will see calls in the newspapers every day from the usual suspects for Europe and Russia to provide lebensraum for Africans, ME/Asian Mudslimes and Indians. We'll have to give up our nations because they can't stop breeding.
>>
>>7940544

ck - Food & /pol/shitting

Of course if you want to crack a book you could learn that fertility goes down reliably with both industrialization and increasing wealth, and thus is why the UN is able to estimate the world population will top out at 11 billion.
>>
>>7940559

How exactly are 80 IQ subsaharans supposed to industrialize? Even if they weren't functionally retarded half of Africa is in my opinion likely to deplete it's aquifers soon too (hard to predict, we don't have good models, but I suspect they will follow the pattern set in Saudi Arabia).

Extrapolatings trends from white and Asian high IQ populations to low IQ populations and muslims is silly.

Also the UN assumes massive distribution of either resources or land ownership will happen in the mean time. Within their own borders and without massive food aid countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh will meet Malthus long before the mythical population slow down can help them.
>>
>>7940592
>will meet Malthus

Yeah, you've got your desired theory, so why let facts get in your way?

Why is it that racism always attracts the people that like to think they're smart but can't do the actual math? It's the Austrian economics crap all over again.
>>
>>7940621

What facts? The fact that Pakistan is nowhere near food or calorie self sufficient? The fact that Pakistan has been running a current account deficit for nearly two decades? Those kind of facts?

The balance in the world is completely gone, without massive and continuous world wide distribution of food and the continuous expansion of foreign debt it would collapse.

Charity is feeding huge chunks of the world.
>>
>>7940559

You're a retard, because your theories of fertility (I notice you didn't cite the book either) aren't borne out by real world experience.

>China has massively industrialized and emerged as a post-Maoist society since 1950
>Had to impose a one-child policy
>Still went from 440 million to 1.3 billion in that time

Go fuck yourself, you virtue signalling piece of shit. Have you lived in one of these shithole countries? I come from a mining family and I've lived in Papua New Guinea and Tanzania.

You don't know anything about the world outside your borders. Prosperity and industrialization continue to escape Latin America, Africa and huge chunks of Asia simply because the people there are too fucking stupid, selfish, shortsighted and corrupt to build advanced societies without whites in charge. Look at what's happened to South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Australia's been around for 230 years and is one of the most stable and prosperous societies on earth. India can trace its history back thousands of years and it's a pestilential shithole with uncontrolled population growth, random pack rape and designated shitting streets.

If whites aren't allowed to tell lesser races to stop breeding for the sake of the planet, then we shouldn't be required to radically alter our traditional diet to compensate for the billions of useless humans they spew out.
>>
rome wasnt built in a day my friend
-Nathen
>>
>>7928204

for some reason that webm really unnerves me
>>
If they because we dont feed them it would not be a problem in the first place instead you propose that we end with the 10 billio people shitting up earth.
>>
I might only eat half of my steak tonight. Will that help?
>>
>>7928978
You retarded faggpot. The fact that beef production is destroying the planet isn't "meme of the month politics"

Keep your food away from the human race's ability to survive you shitsucking assmoth.
>>
>>7941110
>trying to reason with insane people
>/ck/
You're wasting your time buddy. People here think environmentalism is supposed to be for the panda bears because they don't realize human survival depends on the earth being able to support life.
>>
>>7940592
>80 IQ

Actually the median SSA IQ is 68.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.