[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food that are good for chemotherapy detox and cancer stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: četvrti kanal.jpg (92KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
četvrti kanal.jpg
92KB, 600x799px
Does anyone know a good recipe or foods that are good for chemotherapy detox or people who have cancer?
>>
>>7925130

The whole idea of food-based detox is broscience bullshit. It's fiction.

What is good advice: drink plenty of water, and eat a well balanced diet. Think nutrition to help fight the cancer, not "miracle detox". Lots of veggies. Minimal processed foods. Some quality meat for protein.
>>
Overdose yourself on vitamin d. It works faster than radiation. Too many people have done it and nearly cures their cancer for it to be "bro science"
>>
>>7925138
I know that there isnt a food to fully detox you in 2min. but I mean recipe for something that tastes good and is healthy but still helps in the detox proces.
>>
I thought you're not supposed to eat too many fruits and vegetables on chemo because some of the antioxidants can lower the effectiveness
>>
>>7925143
>still helps in the detox proces.

Food. doesn't. help. the. detox. process. That whole concept is fictional. There's no such thing as "detox food".

Drink plenty of water, eat a wholesome well-balanced diet.
>>
>>7925159

He said chemo "detox", which implies the chemo is already over and he wants to get the chemo out of the system. In other words, he's not on chemo anymore.
>>
>>7925130
Steamed bok choy with lemon juice and salt
Steamed carrots, green beans, cauliflower, beets... anything steamed
Cup 'o' spinach - cram a bunch of washed spinach in a cup, pour boiling water over it, add lemon, drink liquid, eat spinach

Detox salad: chop these
Broccoli
Carrot
Kale
Cranberries
Pomegranate arils
Red peppers
Miscellaneous, such as green onions and cilantro
Drizzle lemon juice and salt on it, then add olive oil
>>
>>7925130
http://kriscarr.com/recipes/
http://ohsheglows.com/categories/recipes-2/

Also there's an israeli thing called eshkozim which is a mixture of fresh-squeezed grapefruit and orange juice
>>
>>7925130
Israeli salad: dice this finely
2 tomatoes
1 cucumber
Any other vegetables you want
Chop a lemon in half, squeeze it over it, and add salt and olive oil. I recommend adding minced fresh spearmint if you got it.
>>
>>7925496
Shit. I forgot my dad adds a clove of minced raw garlic to it and a bunch of romaine. Disgusting in a healthy sort of way.
>>
>>7925130
A bullet
>>
thanks for help, feel free to add something else if you remember :D
>>
>>7925130
I had stage 2 colon cancer for a few years. Now I have severe Chron's disease, here's my diet that I adapted to help me with my illness:
No raw veggies, lettuce, raw broccoli, too bulky.
Tomatoes only occasionally, that and spices tend to irritate the rectum due to acidity
Lots of fruit such as bananas, mangos, lots of avocados
Dairy is pretty good for me actually, I just can't drink a lot of milk anymore. Yogurts, cheeses like Goulda and stuff (no American), but actual cheese is ofc better taste wise
Very little alcohol, mostly a few glasses of wine, no spirits or anything, I do drink quite a bit of beer on occasion.

Bread is great, I make my own sourdough, lean meats such as seafood, poultry are fantastic. I try and cook a steak for me and my wife once or twice a week.
>>
>>7926044
As for recipes, there's one that I've stuck by for years and it's just shrimp and grits with Parmesan sauce. I get yellow grits, cook them in heavy cream, less than required because I want them solid yet malleable. I then put a bit of Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or cheddar into the grits, pour them on a baking sheet, and put in fridge for 6 hours or till solid.

After this, I square them up in pretty large squares, coat in some egg and panko, and fry in veggie oil. Let them sit in a paper towel once brown and crispy.

I make a Parmesan sauce with some grated Parm, Romano, bit of pepper, and cream, so like a lot of places make Alfredo.

Then as far as shrimp go, I prepare some shrimp, get a pan on medium heat, little olive oil, lil lemon juice, and fry those puppers. Then put it all together on a plate and eat. It's pretty heavy food, but the meal itself costs me about 12 bucks. I just use frozen shrimp most of the time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.