[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /ck/, do you know any recipes that can easily be done by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Hello /ck/, do you know any recipes that can easily be done by a college student living for the first time by himself and who can't cook for shit?

Sort of sick of instant shit and eating at expensive eateries

thnx.
>>
put pasta in water (boiling)
put can of spam in pan (frying)
put can of tomatos on span (bubbling)
add basil (and a few drops of chilli oil if you like)

wala

>I literally did this for a girl and she thought I was a great chef
>>
http://ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

could be a good place to start
>>
Pasta.
Baked chicken
Sautéed anything

Get a cookbook or something
>>
>>7924937

More like she was after the d and didn't want to offend you.
>>
>>7924948
She literally asked me to cook it again for her and I'm gay
>>
>>7924933
Starting out you could do half instant / half cooked.

For example, brown a pound of ground beef or turkey, and then stir it into a prepared box of macaroni and cheese. While you're still frying the meat, you can add diced onion and bell pepper to sweat it down. Throw in some minced garlic right at the end (that way you don't burn it). Then add things like green peas, corn, diced tomatoes, etc. Just warm them through in their own pan or in the microwave before adding.

Another idea is quesadillas. Grab a bag of frozen fajita chicken strips and flour tortillas. Shred the cheese yourself. Simmer dried black beans in water until tender and then add salt, black pepper and cumin to taste. Mash up an avocado with a squeeze of lime and dash of cumin and salt for lazy guacamole. Damn son! Look at you go.

Next time try making your own macaroni and cheese, and your own fajita chicken.
>>
>>7924954
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>7925195
Huh?
>>
>>7925197
wuh...
>>
Made for college students cooking in microwaves.

Probably only set ya back a coupla bucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hF41qPkJxs&list=UUM4k8G5arnMdnGP_2S6XZdA
>>
>>7924933
Buy ramen
Buy spices
Buy Frozen Veggies
Combine all
= Shit-tier food more healthy and tasty.

In general, you learn how to use spices correctly, and you can make shitty food taste good. Certain spices will leave your brain thinking of certain a ethnicity while eating them because they are frequently used in those cultures.

Dried Basil Leaves = Good on meat and hearty meals
Ginger Powder = Produces a warm, spicy flavor, makes things taste "asian"
Cumin = Subtle, spicy flavor, makes things taste "mexican"
Garlic = I put that shit on everything, good in Italian. Minced is nice, but powdered is good if you want to make something with a smoother consistency
Oregano = Shit tastes like vomit on it's own, use in sparing amounts in pasta sauces, on pizza, or in combination with lots of other spices for a marinade
Bay Leaf = great in soups or other broth-y things
Red/Cayenne Pepper = Make that shit spicy
Rosemary = Yummy chicken and fish

You have all of the above and some salt and pepper, and you can make some pretty diverse meals. I also recommend stocking up on things like rice and beans. Cheap food, but good tasting and good for you.
>>
http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq Check this out

It's not the best advice in the history of mankind but it's got good visual aids and general information
>>
>>7926380

shit-tier post

u tried
>>
Chilli:
Some Ground Beef
An onion
1-2 medium size tomatoes
a can of kidney beans
Brown the beef, then chop up the onion and tomatoes and mix all 4 ingredients along with whatever spices you want into the pan you browned the beef in, let simmer for a while, and eat.
>>
Honestly, you have to learn how to cook. You need to learn when high heat is important and low and slow is equally key. If you learn how to make a good bolognese you learn both at the same time.
>>
File: yumm.jpg (131KB, 817x516px) Image search: [Google]
yumm.jpg
131KB, 817x516px
chili

not specifically 'chili' even, but any 'mince beef+tomatoes+hot spices+misc veg in a pot' dealy like pic related
>>
File: 1337080990773.jpg (4KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1337080990773.jpg
4KB, 190x190px
>>7925389
>>
File: Effect_20160715_022441.jpg (132KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20160715_022441.jpg
132KB, 1440x2560px
3/4 C Parmesan
3/4 C Hazelnuts, roasted
1/4 C Pistachios, roasted
1 1/4 C Roasted red bell pepper, seeded skinned
3/4 C Olive oil
2 T Sherry wine vinegar
2 T Garlic
1 T Parsley, fresh chopped
1 T Salt
1 T Smoked paprika

Roast nuts in 350°f oven for 9 min.
Combine all ingredients except the oil in a blender. Add oil as you finish blending.

In a pan put a tablespoon of the romesco with a bit of chicken broth and mix. Add cooked rice and mix. Put in a 350° pre heated oven for about 5 min. Serve with grilled chicken and diced bell peppers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.