[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOOD ADVICE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ck1.png (108KB, 954x357px) Image search: [Google]
ck1.png
108KB, 954x357px
There are times when /ck/ is so autistic, so disgusting, so pants-on-head retarded, that you just have to screencap it and share it with the world.

This thread isn't about that. Rather, it's for the times when random cu/ck/s gave solid or even great advice (that you maybe even ended up saving). Also feel free to share your own tips in this thread.

Pic definitely related, just had some of the 'pulled chicken' on bread and it was great, and I will spend the rest of my life honoring the anon who made me love cooked chicken again.
>>
File: ck2.png (24KB, 1273x228px) Image search: [Google]
ck2.png
24KB, 1273x228px
>>
File: ck3.png (9KB, 703x92px) Image search: [Google]
ck3.png
9KB, 703x92px
I had a lot of spare cubes so though this isn't anything extraordinary it was still clever enough for me to save it.

And a personal tip: boiling and eating potatoes in their peel is surprisingly tasty, extremely nutritious and saves a lot of time, so it's perfect if you're a busy student.
>>
>>7924738
When i was a student we had potatoes for dinner everynow and then. We made a great sauce made from youghurt garlic and something else that i can't remember. It was great. We ate it with the skin on as well.
>>
>>7924708
that's pretty shit-tier to just boil chicken breast and shred it, the meat will be super dry and will need barbecue sauce to even be edible. You'd have a much finer meal by braising the chicken legs and reducing the liquid to a rich sauce.

>>7924723
>>7924738
glad you're cooking, medfag, I remember your thread. however you will probably bore of boiled potatoes. try simmering them until they're just breaking up at the edges, straining them, then tossing them in oil and roasting them in the oven on its highest setting until they're golden. the type of potatoes that will get you sex, especially if you finish them with butter and rosemary... ridiculously crunchy.

Like all things in the kitchen, these techniques might seem out of reach but in truth they are super easy once you've done them a couple of times and you will never go back to plebbier moves. Might as well make the best of your ingredients
>>
here's some advice

>get your hands on a copy of The Flavor Bible, I don't care how you get it, it's just a useful text of general flavor combinations for many ingredients
>use metal wire "scrubbies" to clean grimy surfaces
>get a heavy rubber-coated "sani-tuff" type cutting board, fuck wood and other stuff
>use disinfecting wipes or a bleach solution to sterilize your cutting board then rinse under hot water
>wipe your pans clean and start your pots soaking right away, it makes the overall cleanup easier and keeps you from having a pig disgusting kitchen
>to keep a good skillet, jack it up to high heat once you're done cooking, rinse it in the sink, return it to the heat for a few minutes, then add oil and wipe it out with paper towels
>use neutral high-heat oil like grapeseed for general cooking instead of expensive olive oil
>learn how to pickle vegetables you don't end up using, it's super easy. here's a recipe for pickling liquid. 1 cup hot water, 1/2 cup vinegar, 6 tablespoons sugar, 2 1/4 teaspoons salt. add whatever you're pickling and give them at least a few days, keep them for a month or so.
>>
Professional here.

This is becoming a potato discussion and there are times where i've lived on potatoes.

Easy boil method for new potatoes and small potato(yukon gold and similar). Start with cold water, bring to a boil, drop potatoes in, boil 5 minutes, then turn it off and let it cool in the water for about 10 minutes, check them to make sure, if they need longer just leave them be. Take them out of the water. Mash with a fork and some pepper, butter or olive oil, and sea salt. This shit is magical and can sustain you for hours. You don't need to be fancy, just put it in a bowl and throw that shit on top and crush it with your fork.

For sure, adding hard cheeses will take this to the next level. Also you can smash them, then fry in some butter to brown lightly.

Potato is best vegetable.
>>
>kitchen knives should always be wiped after use
>buy the biggest cutting board that can comfortably fit in your kitchen
>plastic NSF boards won't impress anyone, but they're cheap and efficient
>if you keep up on maintenance, IKEA pots and pans will last you a lifetime and can be had for dirt cheap
>soups and stocks should be tasted throughout, never finalize seasoning before you've finished reducing
>High heat is for searing and boiling, if you're not doing either of those things, turn the heat down
>chinatown and kitchen supply places sell bundles of kitchen towels for cheap, a roll of 50 rags might cost you 25-40$ and last forever, they're also better at absorbing liquid and thicker than retail towels

>1 professional textbook will teach you more about cooking than 10 cookbooks for home cooks, they aren't very fancy, but will teach you techniques to do fun stuff
>Not cheap but definitely worth it
>The Professional Chef by CIA, The Joy of Cooking, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, The Flavor Bible, Charcuterie, The French Laundry Cookbook

Cooking well is all in your head. Most techniques are not terribly difficult, but some will require practice to learn the technique and execute it well. A lot of fancy shit you see in restaurants is a combination of simple techniques, executed well, and plated artistically. However, their is no replacement for starting with quality ingredients.
>>
Here's some good advice, youre a shitty cook, just order something.
>>
>>7926702
>wipe your pans clean and start your pots soaking right away, it makes the overall cleanup easier and keeps you from having a pig disgusting kitchen

This by far. The difference of waiting 15 minutes from a pan fresh off the range to waiting to after the meal is 3x the work. Wipe every dish quickly if at all possible, it will be far far easier to clean later.
>>
>>7927322

Here's better advice, the more you practice cooking the less shitty you become.
>>
File: Untitled.png (457KB, 786x456px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
457KB, 786x456px
Wear a helmet.
>>
>if your chicken is a little undercooked, that's okay
>eat around the parts that aren't so cooked
>just look how juicy this chicken is
>>
>>7928024
kek
but the quote is
"wear helmet"
>>
>>7928051
>if something is covered in mold just rub it off with your dick
>>
>>7926649
Obviously the guy's a tard and meant to say poach, but still. Well poached chicken is perfectly tender and moist and shreds great.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.