[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfags Guide to Eating Out post where you like to go when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: poorfag.jpg (8KB, 270x179px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.jpg
8KB, 270x179px
Poorfags Guide to Eating Out

post where you like to go when you dont want to cook and also dont want to spend much
>>
>>7923216
It's hard to beat Chinese-American takeout. The lunch special seems to be a mainstay with the places I've visited. Might be different if you live somewhere else.

But you get your choice of entree with steamed or fried rice, an egg roll, soup, fortune cookie, condiments, cutlery, and napkins for $6 and some change. My favorite place is 20 minutes away and I'll gladly drive there for lunch any day of the week.
>>
>>7923238
op here, i agree. ive been going to the same chinese place since i was like 4 when my parents would take me and now that im older and paying for shit i still go there. full lunch including crunchy noodles, soup, entree, egg roll, fried rice, paper wrapped chicken, won tons, almond cookies, and obviously fortune cookie for like 12 bucks. and i never eat the whole thing so its good for like 2 days
>>
>>7923216
I only ever go to McDicks and get 3-4 items on the value menu.
I can't fucking wait to make an actual living.
>>
one mcdouble is an okay meal

skip the soda and fries
>>
>>7923216
I go to the grocery store. they usually have something I can get full on for under a dollar a meal, with condiments for free right at the store its pretty easy to make something with luncheon meat or a keibalsa with some bread.
>>
>>7923269
id say its one of the best places for the amount of food you get with whatever money you have
>>
>>7923256
>12 bucks. and i never eat the whole thing so its good for like 2 days
Wow, your Chinese American sounds expensive. I go to the Fujian warming table joint and get four dishes over rice with a soup for $5, and it's a dinner and a lunch.
>>
File: chineseabc.jpg (90KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
chineseabc.jpg
90KB, 550x375px
>Poorfags Guide to Eating Out

If you go out for Chinese or fried chicken, order combination plates instead of "an order of this and that."

Unless, of course, you're a fat shit and you're not gonna get full unless you eat an entire platter of fried rice or a whole bucket of chicken.

Also, don't forget about the tip if you order out.

Seriously though, cook. Being a poorfag and eating out is doing it wrong.
>>
Right now for the calories Taco Bell's big box deal is 5 bucks plus tax. Two tacos, their new whatever crunchwrap and a drink. That's a damn good meal for the cash considering how filling it is.

When I was actually poor though, Wendy's chili and Del Taco's cheap taco nights were both excellent buys for the money. Also going to the farmer's market and buying whatever they were trying to get rid of. I would get 5lbs of potatoes for a dollar, which ain't shabby.

As other people have said, marked down grocery store food and buffet to-gos at certain locations can also be super affordable for how much food you get.
>>
>>7923644
>Del Taco's cheap taco nights

3 tacos for 1.19. Shit still gets me excited.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 782x620px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 782x620px
for calories per dollar it's hard to beat a large masterblast, if you don't have a sonic near you DQ comes pretty close with their royal blizzards

https://www.sonicdrivein.com/menu/171-frozen-zone-tm
http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Menu/Treats/Blizzard-Treats/Royal-Rocky-Road-Brownie-Blizzard1/#open_nutrition
>>
>>7923216
Hare Krishnas, or a "pay what you like" restaurant
>>
>>7923216
Go to a fast Mexican Restaurant with a good salsa bar with lots of chunky stuff in it - pico de gallo, carmelized onions, roasted chiles.

Get the cheapest taco on the menu and eat in.

Abuse the living fuck out of the salsa bar. Pile on the salsa bar accoutrements on and/or around your taco until your plate is 3-4 times the weight of the taco.

A full meal for 2-3 bucks, and healthy to boot.
>>
Make your own meals you stupid ass

You could have two meals for the price of one fast food meal
>>
I used to go to wendys and get as much meat cheese and vegetable I could for $3 then use it to supplement my rice and bean diet. The key part being that it was only supplementary and I was substituting $4 of fries and drink for $0.15 of rice

If you want a full meal, try ethnic or hole in the wall places that only take cash. Or wait until fast food restaurants are having feuds on who can provide the cheapest chicken nuggers
>>
>>7923482
i dont go there if im looking for a cheap meal but i think it is good for the price considering how much food i get. but wow cant beat $5 for a meal
>>
>>7923515
>get full unless you eat an entire platter of fried rice
I find that the $7.00 fried rice will hold me over for two lunches instead of the $5.00 combo plate at my local Chinese place.
>>
>>7923216

micky Ds dollar menu
>>
>>7923216
I eat out of bins.
>>
>>7923216
'za
>>
>>7923685
I get one of these whenever I want to eat out but also want to not fucking eat for the next 24 h. They are so huge and I normally have to save the last third because I get full.
>>
>>7924018
Sometimes you wanna go out but still want to not spend 10$+.
>>
Walmart has large pizzas for $5 and I think the rotisserie chickens are the same price. You could get 2-3 meals out of either. 4 meals if you eat 2 slices at a time.
>>
>>7925541
Those pizzas are too expensive. One meal cost me $10. I have to stick to 5 for $10 freezer pizzas so I don't break the bank.
>>
>>7923238
I used to go to the same Chinese take out place 3-4 times a week for years and the nice lady gave me free extra rice which goes a long way in filling you up
>>
>>7923216
protip: for about the same price as fast food you can get a decent meal at a mom and pop cafe
>>
>>7926156
>mom and pop

Good luck trying to pay with something other than cash.
>>
Little Caesar's can feed you for a day for about $5-6. Or you can just live off of bread and peanutbutter, spending about $30-40 a month depending on eating habits.
>>
>>7926165
>implying poor folks have bank accounts
>>
all you gotta really do is spread her legs and dig in, op
you don't gotta be rich to know how to listen to her body
>>
>>7926165
>putting small purchases on a card
>>
File: 1281938936290.jpg (78KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1281938936290.jpg
78KB, 540x366px
>>7926229
>paying with cash
>>
File: 1344395616591.jpg (147KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1344395616591.jpg
147KB, 601x601px
>>7926229
>supporting tax evasion
>>
>>7923216
I had some wierd ham and cheese sandwich thing today with a sprite at the mall, I expected it to be shit but it was actually delicious. The bread was really good and the top slice had tons of parmesan cheese that when toasted made a crunchy layer, the filling was wierd but really good, it didn't feel like sandwich at all and the cheese was delicious
>>
>>7926229
>Not getting credit card rewards for every single purchase.
>>
>>7926304
>implying those rewards counter balance what the credit card company takes in percentage, for letting you use their card
>>
chinese buffet. a lot of them have BYOB if thats your thing.
>>
>>7926315
I'm not the one paying the transaction fees. If the store doesn't want to pay them, have a minimum purchase amount or take cash only.
>>
>>7923238
Mine was 4.95 up until last year. Now it's like 5.25-5.55 at most of cheap joints.
>>
>>7926315
for the card owner? Yes, they totally do counter balance it and more.
>>
>>7926347
not transaction fees fucko, the fees you pay for having a credit card, read the fine print on yo paperwork ya dink

>>7926353
sure they do pal
>>
>>7926229
Many banks actually charge a monthly fee if you either make less than less than 10 purchases on the card or if you keep less than a certain amount of money in your account on average.
>>
>>7926357
>Not downgrading the card or asking for the fee to be waved when the first fee free year is over
I have never paid a credit card fee. If you're not retarded you either don't pay fees or figure out how much you need to spend per year to counter balance the fees.
>>
File: T-1000 face.jpg (69KB, 533x759px) Image search: [Google]
T-1000 face.jpg
69KB, 533x759px
>>7926184
This is a thread about poor folks who are making the decision to pay someone to cook them a meal.

As opposed to just spending wisely and making their own damn meals.
>>
>>7926357
Wtf country are you from? In the US, if you have good credit they pay you to use the card. As long as you pay your balance every month you'll make a profit.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.