[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make authentic fajitas? what spices do they use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: picoTgBe1[1].jpg (70KB, 614x411px) Image search: [Google]
picoTgBe1[1].jpg
70KB, 614x411px
How do I make authentic fajitas?

what spices do they use?
>>
Salt and Pepper.

Your salsa is going to be the place that you bring in spices of pretty much any kind.
>>
You marinate the meat first.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/grilled-skirt-steak-fajitas-food-lab-recipe.html
>>
>>7922029
>How do I make authentic fajitas?

Get beef skirt steak. Ideally the inside skirt, but that's usually more costly than the outside. Trim off the fat and remove the membrane. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, ancho chili powder, and lime juice. Leave for at least a few hours.

Fire up your grill, ideally with hardwood charcoal or wood.. Grill the beef directly over very hot coals. Treat it like a steak--the outside should have a good sear, while the inside should still be pink.

Let sit for a couple of minutes (again, just like resting a steak). Then thinly slice against the grain.
>>
>>7922029
>"they"
If by that you mean mexicunts...
A cheap cut
Bellpeppers
onions
salt and pepper
>>7922057
This is about right
>>7922079
>>7922072
They are both wrong
>>
>>7922170

Salt and pepper isn't fajitas, idiot. That's a grilled flank steak.
>>
>>7922344

Agreed. And it shouldn't even be flank steak. Skirt steak is a better choice.
>>
>>7922344
>i dont know what im talking about
>Fajitas (or "little belts" in Spanish) originally hail from Mexico, where the term only applies to beef — specifically, the grilled meat that comes from the narrow skirt steak portion of the cow. In the United States, the term's been applied to a plethora of other proteins, from chicken to shrimp and everything in between.

Does it hurt?
>>
>>7922371

What does your post have to do with the fact that merely putting salt and pepper on a piece of meat doesn't make it fajitas?

Methinks you misunderstood >>7922344. Let me reword it for you in retard-mode:

>Just putting salt and pepper on a piece of meat doesn't make it fajitas. It makes it grilled flank steak, not fajitas.
>>
>>7922029
I'm ordering fajitas at this great casual tex-mex place on Saturday. Good working class food. Will report back with findings.
>>
>>7922385
LITTLE BELTS
As in, little belts of meat, little stripes of meat, it is about the way you cut the meat...
>https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=fajitas&safe=off&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKxoi_1JTOAhUIKCYKHRMdBsIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1120&bih=626
What do all images have in common?

Now tell me, does it hurt? are you in constant pain?
>>
>>7922855

OMG AND CHILI COMES FROM THE WORD FOR CHILIS!!!!

Fajitas as a dish is what the OP was asking about. And the carne asada there is always marinated.

You're pedantic and a fucking idiot, a bad combination.
>>
Most of the fajitas I've had from Tex-Mex places have a lot of onion powder
>>
you're supposed to add a bit of cinnamon
>>
Marinate your meat in a generous amount of chili powder, garlic powder, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.