[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we have edible plates yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: eating a plate.gif (2MB, 245x166px) Image search: [Google]
eating a plate.gif
2MB, 245x166px
Why don't we have edible plates yet
>>
File: 1465270594259.gif (1MB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
1465270594259.gif
1MB, 250x196px
mom wont let me
>>
Many years ago I saw a thing on tv that China or some other East Asian country made rice into edibles cups and whatnot. Not sure how though.
>>
File: Cn2FH.jpg (217KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cn2FH.jpg
217KB, 900x1200px
>>7920605
just put everything in a pie crust or waffle cone
>>
>>7920605
we do you retard, but you have to have a perfectly trimmed beard and manbun to eat where they serve them
>>
>>7920605
We did. They were called trenchers iirc. they were basically plates made of bread. You would give them as alms to the poor or to the dogs.
>>
>>7920613
You can easily pound into a mochi-ish consistency then harden into a a relatively usable vessel for containing water or other such liquids, or I guess into a dish if you'd rather.

Readily available "edible" dishes would have to be regulated by the FDA, and would have expiration dates, and then the issue comes with "what the fuck do you flavor them?", the only thing that would be inoffensive to everyone would be "communion wafer cardboard flavor" and then nobody would buy the shittin things.

Trust me when I say edible cups/plates have been heavily considered by even some major food manufacturers, but tossed aside for a plethora of reasons.
also like >>7920645 said they were best used for soups and shit anyway.
>>
>>7920657
According to a supposed food scientist who posted here vanilla is the commonly held favorite flavor and is in any food research lab. I would guess they would give it a vanilla flavor.
>>
>>7920657
God forbid they sell more than one flavour
>>
But the bottom of the plate would be touching the table so you'd be effectively eating off the table. Or would you put another plate under the plate and 'yo dawg' it?
>>
is that svankmajer? fuck i haven't watched that shit since college
>>
have you ever heard of a fucking pie
>>
>>7921035
yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_(film)
>>
>>7920605
because we ate all of them
>>
File: Tortilla.jpg (12KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
Tortilla.jpg
12KB, 300x295px
>>
>>7920605
If the plate was food, then what would you put the plate on?
>>
>>7921089
Another plate
>>
>>7921091
Edible plate or regular plate?
>>
>>7920605
What is a tortilla? 'Za?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.