[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, coffee noob here. I recently got a moka pot since my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: how-to-use-a-moka-pot-header.jpg (95KB, 940x450px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-use-a-moka-pot-header.jpg
95KB, 940x450px
Hi guys, coffee noob here.
I recently got a moka pot since my previous one got destroyed by retarded kids and i've been unable to use it properly because when i try to make coffee, i just get half the water i put in the tank as coffee and the other half just won't go up, it just stays there doing weird noises.
i've already tried using a smaller amount of coffee but it tastes like piss that way.
Since im a noob, in the previous pot i just used pre grinded coffee (half/medium it seems) and i never had a problem like this but this new pot just won't work.
Is the problem the coffee grind size? or is it the new pot?
Should i get a grinder and just grind the shit myself? and if so, how fine should i grind it?
>>
make sure the screw on the outside valve is tight. you might be losing pressure.
>>
File: 1468991195565.png (133KB, 236x336px) Image search: [Google]
1468991195565.png
133KB, 236x336px
>>7916794
CAN DO!
>>
>>7916766
use a kettle to get the water hot as fuck before adding it to the moka pot instead of heating it from room temp in the pot
>>
>>7916800
i always do that
also low flame
>>
File: EW_espresso_780x343_us.jpg (169KB, 780x343px) Image search: [Google]
EW_espresso_780x343_us.jpg
169KB, 780x343px
You need to use an espresso grind, fool.
Grab one of those vacuum packed coffee bricks from the grocery store.

Also a bit of water left in the pot is to be expected.
>>
>>7916806
will do
i've been using the fine grind since with the previous pot (different models) i had no problem, so i was not sure if the problem was the coffee or the pot
>>
if "retarded kids" can break your meme appliance it belongs in the garbage
>>
>>7916814
>different models
seems to me that the funnel/straw on the bottom of the basket isn't long enough or you're not putting enough water in the tank.

did you upgrade from a 3 cup to a 6 cup or something?
>>
>>7916867
yes, current one is 6 cups
anyways, even when i fill it to just below the pressure valve, roughly half the water just wont go up
>>
>>7916885
does it sound like steam rising up through the funnel? could be faulty by design by having the release valve too low on the tank so you're not using anough water.
try using more water maybe.
>>
There's a rubber round seal that is on the underside if the top part of the pot, it may have perished and need replacing
>>
>>7918896
OP said his new moka pot is new so it couldn't have perished so fast, plus it would be leaking water and steam out of the side of that's the case.

Just sayan.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.