[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the general consensus on five guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 14

File: five.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
five.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
what's the general consensus on five guys?
>>
>>7915895
I believe everybody thinks it's pretty good, like above average but waaaaaaaaaay overpriced
>>
>>7915895
pretty good but very expensive
>>
File: 1465451488928.gif (638KB, 249x237px) Image search: [Google]
1465451488928.gif
638KB, 249x237px
>>7915895
fries/10

I go there barely once a month though, like mentioned above, its pretty pricey for Fast Food. Id rather just spend 4 dollars at McDonalds and suck down the shit they sell there.
>>
They are good but they treat the workers like shit. Worked there for a while and don't regret quitting
>>
>>7915895

Good but would be better if they cut down overhead and just went with Four Guys instead of having us pay for so many Executive's salaries, the way we do with Chipotle.
>>
>>7915911
Tha sugs man workers pretty cool guys D:
>>
>>7915895

What the general consensus on making this thread 3 times a week?
>>
>>7915917
I love it.
>>
Overpriced and briefly a meme.
>>
>>7915895

garbage

just like your thread

and your life

and everything you stand for.
>>
pretty gross
MANY other good burger joints around, even tho this shithole is closest to my house I would not eat there again
>>
>Order medium serving of fries
>Holy shit so many fries
>Literally half of the paper bag is fries
>The fucking thing is leaking grease, there's so many god damn french fries
Why are portions in America so oversized?
>>
>>7915923
That's pretty rude man.
>>
>>7915935
What? If you're eating there im assuming youre american, and probably just shit posting, but I think they serve so many fries because they have fresh potatoes they might as well give out before they have to toss em.
>>
Pretty good if you know what to order.
Skip the fries.
skip the peanuts.
Skip getting a giant burger with the works.
Get a small burger with regular toppings and jalapenos , and a grilled cheese.
>>
I like the burgers but I think peanut oil and fries are a match made in hell.
>>
Shake Shack > Whataburger > In N Out > 5 guys > any other fast food burger.
>>
overpriced to hell and back
and you can make better burgers at home for cheap
>>
>>7916052
Smash Burger deserves to be on there too. Near the top.
>>
>>7916068

Good point, as does Fat Burger, but believe both are only in one state.
>>
>>7916082
I actually find Fatburger to be fucking awful, but I haven't eaten there in like 4 years
>>
I'm on 3 right now. I plan on working my way up to 6 but I don't wanna rush it. I'm afraid it'll get loose if I take em all at once.
>>
>>7915902
fpbp. It really is delicious, even if I don't usually eat there.
>>
>>7915895
Consistent place here in Jacksonville, FL to get food poisoning.
>>
>>7916095
I bet this was really funny in your head
>>
>>7915946
How does it feel to have shit taste?
>>
might as well go to the habit
>>
>>7916217
How does it feel to be mentally inferior to the vast majority of humans on this planet?
>>
>>7916210

If you live in Jacksonville you should pray for illness anyways.
>>
>>7915946
this might be one of the worst posts i've ever seen in a five guys thread
>>
Good burger, tons of fries. But way too expensive. Could buy two burger meals for the cost of one at teh various Vienna/burger joints in Chicago's Loop/southside
>>
Can someone tell me about shake shack?

i live in Korea and the first shake shack has opened and everyone is taliking about it and at 10am yesterday there was a queue of 200 people, and 10pm the queue was still 100 people. I've never tried it since I'm not fucking waiting for fast food but is it actually good?

Also I'm sure the gooks here have ruined it like they ruin all other fast food (except fried chicken)
>>
Idk man i lub me some in and out
>>
File: 1463111111459.gif (381KB, 268x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463111111459.gif
381KB, 268x266px
Everyone seems to complain about five guys being overpriced, I guess I don't see it. The burgers are pretty close to most fast food burgers (off by a dollar or so, but they give way more food).

Fries are 5 bucks which is definitely way more than most places but you get a massive cup and half a bag's worth. Certainly not an unreasonable price for a once in a while meal.

Bacon burger + large fries = 13 or so, and a comparable large meal at McDonald's these days is like 10 to 12 bucks (where I live anyways).
>>
>>7915895
Good, but not as good as In-N-Out.
>>
I feel like there should be a /ckg/ board like /vg/ for all these threads that recur every day
Five guys general
Taco Bell general
I'm in x city where do I eat
Etc
>>
>>7916210

I live in Jacksonville and never heard of this, which five guys? I go to the one in the town center occasionally.
>>
>>7916973
Def not worth the wait. It's fine for a "fast food" burger, but go to any place that specializes in burgers and you're more than likely to get a better eat. What you saw was hype and nothing more

I do enjoy the fries though as they are good for scoopin up shack sauce
>>
>>7916995

Better yet, the mods should just delete them instead of allowing the board to clog up with so many shitty threads
>>
>>7916979
McD's here if I get a double cheese burger with bacon it's like $1.59 or something. A double quarter pounder with cheese and bacon is around $3.50. Large fries are about $2. So $5.50 for that or $4 for a normal double cheese/bacon and large fries. Five guys is around $13, which I do like their burgers more than McDonalds but I don't like 5 guy fries because the one by me they are always soggy and dripping. If I could get a 5 guys burger with Mcdonalds fries and a Wendys frosty, I would be in Heaven. Mostly from the death caused by the grease and fat. But still.
>>
fucking awful
i had it in the uk and paid TWENTY POUND STIRLING for a greasy ass pile of lard and soggy "chips"
>>
>>7917095
>Going to a meme chain in (probably) London

You deserved it idiot
>>
>>7915917
Shills.
>>
>>7915902
This. Above average, overpriced and overhyped. Good fries.
>>
>>7915935
5 Guys is famous for that. Like, serving way too many fucking fries. It's their thing
>>
>>7917095
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Just got a job there, so I won't have to worry about outrageous prices, what with free meals and all. Hopefully it isn't too shitty working there.
>>
Great burgers, tolerable prices, fries only suitable for feeding to seagulls.

A Shake Shack opened up across the street and I've gone fully over to them even though they cost more.
>>
>>7915895
Honestly the best burger I've ever had in my life. Beats all the hipster burger places popping up all over Germany right now. It really is a shame we don't have one here.
>>
>>7917070

This person is a fucking idiot.

Shake Shack has one of the best thin patty burgers out there, beef is sirloin/chuck/oxtail.

Fries are shit cafeteria style though, don't bother.
>>
Your mom says anything less than 5 guys isn't worth her time anymore
>>
>>7917772
Huh?
>>
There sure are five of them.
>>
>>7917899
>Going to Five Guys reaffirmed my distaste for going inside restaurants to order. My biggest issue was the disorganized menu. I was the only one in line and the cashier was staring at me and actually said "next please" after only a few minutes

Autism in action
>>
>>7915895
Fucking god tier fast food
>>
went to five guys once never went back

in n out > burger king > whataburger> fat burger > white castle > sonic > wendys > carl's jr > jack n box > five guys > mc donalds

any burger you make on your home grille is going to taste better
>>
>>7915895
It's ok
Pretty good with mostly vanilla toppings
Bonus if you'll find a place that'll cook your patties medium but they have a policy for well done
I like the fries, usually get the regular fries. Also like they fill the cup and add another scoop
The free peanuts to snack on while you wait for your food is also pretty cool

All in all, I'd rather have them around than not, but I don't really go there all too often
>>
Good !!! if you can not make your own homemade burgers , I love the fry's
>>
>>7918911
>I love the fry's
>fry's
>'s
>'

The fry's what, anon? Their taste? Their texture? Or did you mean "fries"?
>>
>>7915895
Good but expensive.

People always compare it to In-N-Out, but it's like twice the price.

Shake Shack is better.
>>
really good, especially the fries, but it's so fucking expensive
>>
>>7918915
Keep on enjoy'n your Mickey D's
>>
>>7915902
at least the toppings are free in my area

i load it up with basically everything on the menu, I wish they had better peppers though. The jalepeno peppers they use here are god awful
>>
>>7916227
>skip the fries
>skip the best thing they have, with the freshest idaho potatoes you've ever tasted

you really do have shit taste anon

i barely ever eat freedom fries, but goddamn are five guys worth it
>>
>>7919537
Their fries are noodly and soft.
This isn't just the one in my area, I've eaten at three locations in two states.
Their fries are shit. You objectively have shit taste in fries.
>>
>>7919590
I've eaten at THREE whole places. My opinion is above ALL ELSE. neck yourself.
>>
>>7915895

In-N-Out's way less good-looking cousin
>>
>>7919822
>>7916052
>>7916977
>>7916993
>>7918125
>>7919822
is In-N-Out really that good?
>>
>>7919872
Oh yeah. Really nothing like five guys, since it doesn't put your blood pressure through the roof, but it works great as a meal with a shake. Great shakes.
>>
>>7919767
Three locations is enough to verify that it isn't just one location making the shitty fries. It's all of them.

Your fraifu a shit
>>
>>7919872
Definitely good for the price. Remember it is fast food but it's basically like what fast food was like years ago. It's basically the ideal version of McDonald's.
>>
>>7919872

I've only lived in Socal for 3 years, grew up on the East Coast and thought it was overhyped, it really isn't. There aren't any gimmicks or anything, the ingredients are just really fresh and the buns are probably the best in all of fast food.
>>
I quite enjoyed it.
But as everyone said - pricy.
>>
>>7915895

it's ok, way over priced, not as good as in and out.
>>
In and Out shits all of 5 guys. Period.
Sincerly Everyone with any kind of taste
>>
Me once shagged me Julie in the batty at 5 guys. Well worth the dirt in me bell end for em freshies chips
>>
>>7915895
So this thread had me thinking bout when I worked at 5 guys sr yr of high school. My 5 guys had just opened up and it was all white 16-18 yr olds from my high school. We all were friends or became close, and we kept up great quality for a whole year. Even when 4-5 of my class mates quit and Camden nig nogs were hired we didn't let them stop us from keeping quality (maintaining the frialator, cleaning the oil, really cleaning the flat tops, never cross contaminating any surfaces or using old toppings/veggies etc). And our managers responded by letting the staff eat like Kings.

Well tonight I got so drunk with my friend, and well 3-4 blunts later we finished a total drunken sailor hike across the suburbs to 5 guys.

I got a triple w/
Bacon
Extra cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Fried onions
Jalapenos
Mushrooms
Ketchup
Mayo
Tabasco
and a side of large Cajun fries with heavy Cajun seasoning. Half order eaten with ketchup or plain, the other half dressed with malt vinegar.

Wow. I wasn't too drunk to not enjoy it, actually I really had acute perception of each ingredient. The vinegar in the hot sauce, ketchup, and malt vinegar really cut through the fatty flavors of the beef, cheese, mushrooms, and layers well with the mayo.

I refilled my drink 3-4 times mixing gold peak green tea with a shot of water to dilute the sugar, as the tap version of gold peak is always a tad too sweet, and i squeezed 2 lemons into the cup before filling . It was really a great pallet cleanser in between the heavily spiced extra Cajun fries, and mile high burger.
>>
>>7915895
/ck/ is for cooking you stupid idiot
>>
>>7915895
Automatic fail for American cheese. Which is too bad, because otherwise they make a good burger.
>>
>>7920132
>/ck/ - Food & Cooking
>>
Most overrated garbage I've ever eaten.

Fatburger is the same price but 1000 times better.
>>
>>7920162
food is why all these shitty shills are coming here
and what about all the beverages?
>>
>>7916095
cringe
>>
File: 1469479784970.gif (1MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1469479784970.gif
1MB, 250x190px
>>7916979

Today at McDonalds I got a

McChicken
McDouble
Cheeseburger
Large Soda

for under $5. Including tax.

The price isn't comparable at all, at least where I live.
>>
>>7915895
pretty good, a tad on the expensive side.
>>
>>7919872
it's a meme
>>
>>7915917
Still better than go"" za'" threads 3 times per hour
>>
>>7915912
I live in the woods and I have never even seen a 5 guys place but if I ever did and they called it 5 guys and there were only 4 I think I would complain.
>>
>>7920297
no fries? what are you, a faggot?
>>
>>7920297
I think >>7916979 was comparing a single patty and fries from 5 guys to like a value meal.

Of course, he forgot McDonald's includes the drink in the meal, and a single is a Jr size, because there's no way he can think a double with bacon + fries and no drink is anywhere close to the price of a Quarter pounder (add bacon) meal.
>>
>>7920321
It's all a matter of taste and class, really. Zoe Quinn's boyfriend just wanted some IN-n-Out, but she preferred 5 Guys...
>>
>>7915936

but accurate
>>
>>7919872
It's not. Don't fall for the memes.
>>
In n out > whataburger > shoeshack
>>
>>7915895
Best place to get a quick burger if you're upper middle class
>>
>>7919532
The toppings are free at every location
>>
>>7915895
I've only had them once.
Burger was undercooked, bun was greasy, fries were borderline burnt, and it took two times going to the fucking counter to get a bacon burger done right, and that ended up being the undercooked mess. Meal for me and my mom ended up being $30. Thirty dollars for all of that.

I won't judge it by that single time but I'm not keen on trying it again. Maybe if I had nothing better to get.
>>
>>7915911
Work there noe, it's fine, lots of bonuses and pay is decent $10/hr
>>
>>7915912
It's actually six guys irl I think, the dad and five sons
>>
>>7922223
Hey man you don't know his life, I would say that's proven by off by one but I'm pretty sure this is one the boards where that doesn't work.
>>
better than in-n-out. fight me
>>
>>7915895
Gonna get called out for being contrarian but I actually do think its pretty shit, especially compared to other burger options like Inn n out.

Burgers are a 5/10, in that they taste like you mom cooked it on a home skillet with seasoning salt and little else. All the toppings and buns are equally conventional and basic.

The fries are garbage and my biggest complaint. They are entirely too greasy and entirely too salty by a huge margin, and I have a high sodium and fat tolerance. To make things worse it tastes like nothing but seasoning salt like the burger. I give it a 3/10.

Five guys is fine if its like, the best your family can do at a get-together but fails when trying to move up to restaurant quality.

Kids who like five guys have shitty palates and families who can't cook well.
>>
Just went to a new UK one.
Really fucking good but bloody expensive. Good cheat day food.
>>
>>7915895
Is there any place on this planet that has veggie burgers as good as 5 gays normal burgers?
>>
The first time I went, I was out of town with my girlfriend. It was fantastic, if a little pricey. I've been to two different stores since and it's never been nearly as good.
>>
>>7924976

Supposedly David Chang has the new super meatless burger?
>>
>>7920099
that was probably the most enticing post I've ever read on here. you sure youre not a PR guy?
>>
>>7915895
overpriced and overrated
>>
>>7924532
>Kids who like five guys have shitty palates and families who can't cook well.

That's most people.

It's also why Chipotle is so popular.
>>
>>7915902
This. Overhyped, overpriced but a good burger and fries.
>>
Worked there for two months. Was impressed by the cleanliness standards. Was not impressed by the food itself.

There is zero seasoning on the patties, period.

Literally everything is supermarket-brand except the buns.

The fries are soggy and bad. We are explicitly instructed to not fry them to the point of crispiness; this must be special-ordered and no mention of it is made on the menu.

Because of the off-the-shelf ingredients, the food is recreatable at home with extreme ease. You are an absolute tard if you eat here frequently. Walk across the street to the supermarket and cook it yourself.
>>
>>7915895
Boring, greasy, overpriced
>>
File: 1469629998194.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1469629998194.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>7915895
Highly variance in quality from mediocre to good.

Extremely overpriced.

No shakes at any of the ones in Washington (a burger place should be legally required to sell shakes).

Overall its fine but not worth the price.
>>
>>7926926
I worked at one in the Seattle area and we had shakes.

Unless you meant Washington DC. Which is actually probably still not entirely true because they're a NoVA-based company and new things like the shakes would've been tested there first.
>>
>>7915895
It's above average WHEN COMPARED TO other fast food options.

If you think it's better than even a shitty Red Robin burger, you are retarded

If you can't make something 100x better at your home, you have no business being on a cooking forum.
>>
>>7926954
>fast food thread
>make it at home!!!

You really are missing the point of fast food.
>>
>>7926955
Fucking idiot, I'm talking about the Quality of their burgers. How god damn austistic are you, you worthless peice of retarded god damn fucking shit
>>
Best sloppy fast food burger I can get in Tampa Bay I think. If it were a dollar cheaper I would actually eat there but at least they throw idiotic amounts of fries around.
>>
a worse, more expensive in n out
>>
>>7919872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDHJ3Cx5eE
>>
>>7915895
Went there one time 6 or more years ago. Ordered a double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink. Gave the cashier a $20, I got back a $5 a $1, and some coins.

>WHAT THE FUCK

The burger tasted like anything I could get at Wendy's. don't remember the fries. Never again.
>>
>>7926807
>Because of the off-the-shelf ingredients, the food is recreatable at home with extreme ease. You are an absolute tard if you eat here frequently.

my feelings exactly. You can't recreate the taste of mcdonald's weird chemical ingredients. You can totally make food that tastes like five guys food without even trying, though.
>>
>>7916979
I have 3 local fast burger places that will give you more higher quality burger for 70% of the price, and for the wait at 5 guys you can get restaurant/bar burgers in a similar amount of time at many places.

5 Guys burgers are also allegedly expensive because they give you "free" toppings, but they intentionally use tiny buns and patties so that they can skimp on your toppings too.
>>
>>7929148
I have no idea just how fat this board must be to not be satisfied with a 1 patty cheeseburger from Five Guys. I ordered two single patty cheeseburgers, a regular fry and regular drink. My girlfriend and I were both stuffed and it was $17.

There's absolutely no reason to require more food than what we had. It was more than enough.
>>
File: 1387149599809.gif (1MB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
1387149599809.gif
1MB, 400x231px
The one here in Edmonton sucked ass when nothing but Pinoys worked there. Next time I went it was nothing but Hispanics and they did fucking work on those burgers.
>>
>>7915895
>what's the general consensus on five guys?

That we don't need to have this thread three times a week. FFS.
>>
>>7929167
The extra patty adds 300 calories at most, your drink has just as many calories. You could drink water instead and eat more protein.
>>
>>7929229
Except it doesn't have any calories, because it was unsweetened iced tea.

There isn't a need for any extra solid food when you're full from a single patty. Which is very reasonable considering all the shit you can add to it. Fatties gonna fat.
>>
>>7927030
>Trying to keep his kids healty

This man is a monster, I'm glad he won't be living in my union anymore
>>
>>7929236
You could eat 1000 calorie meals and not be fat if you only eat 2 a day, the amount you can eat and feel full has nothing to do with your weight and everything to do with your eating habits.
>>
>>7915907
Are they even considered fast food? It takes 10-15 mins for an order to come sometimes. They may not be artisan burgers like Red Robin or something but I wouldn't personally peg them under fast food.
>>
>>7915895
it's pretty gay
>>
>>7916979
the single costs $10 where i live.
if you add fries and a drink youre looking at paying nearly $20
>>
>>7915895
Good, but overpriced. I'll probably eat there once a year even though it's big where I am.

Fries are wonderful. I like how they put so much that you find overfill of fries in the bottom of the bag.

Anyone else end up snacking on a lot of peanuts?
>>
>>7916210
Went there once with my gf and it didn't even fuck me up. When did you get food poisoning their?

/ck/ jacksonville meet up when?
>>
They built a chick fil a right next to the one in town, and after the gym if I wanna cheat on my diet I just go to chick fil a, its cheaper and yummy
>>
Their fries are thr saltiest thing you can legally buy. Like just grab one average French fry and then pour four packets of salt in your mouth and that's what you can expect from their fries. Burgers are solid but overpriced and I prefer a thick patty but they just stack super thin patties.
>>
>>7930857
>and I prefer a thick patty but they just stack super thin patties

So you don't like burgers, and shouldn't be posting.
>>
>>7915902
/thread

done.
>>
>>7922223
Edgy
>>
>>7915895
In-N-Out>Five guys
>better food
>cheaper price
>shakes
>>
>>7930937

Shake Shack > Whataburger > In N Out > Five Guys
>>
>>7930949
>whataburger better then in-n-out
No way.
Never had shake shack but their food looks good.
>>
>>7915895
Good, but not as good as in n out
>>
Burgers and Hot Dogs are great, the fries suck shit. I guess they also do milkshakes now and they have a decent selection of flavors. Malt is a really underrated flavor for shakes.
>>
They give me free fries where I go so I like it
>>
>>7915895
the best place to go if you want a Wendy's double and you want to pay $20 for it.
>>
File: 1466161431612.png (3KB, 221x160px) Image search: [Google]
1466161431612.png
3KB, 221x160px
It's good and that makes /ck/ assblasted
>>
File: 1467321113093.jpg (162KB, 1182x966px) Image search: [Google]
1467321113093.jpg
162KB, 1182x966px
>tfw you have a glorious giga-god-tier Shake Shack in your town
>>
File: IMG_2583.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2583.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I was tempted to go to the London one but something about it didn't look right to me so went to a park instead to smoke (on my own) and got 20mcnuggets instead
>>
>>7915895

Good burgers. Expensive. Fries are lackluster.

Wendys does it better imo
>>
>>7916052
I've been to both Five Guys and In N Out. In N Out is okay, but otherwise not worth mentioning.

I keep hearing all these great things about Whataburger so I'm excited to find one somewhere. I do not like the tiny fries from Shake Shack.
>>
>>7932931

NYC?
>>
File: 1459711154852.gif (1MB, 258x193px) Image search: [Google]
1459711154852.gif
1MB, 258x193px
>>7932941
>california cuckolds think only NYC has Based SS
>>
>>7916068
There's one in Connecticut near a mall. It's pretty good burgers. If you fill out a survey when you get your receipt, you can get a free regular order of Smash fries.
>>
>>7932943

>implying any Shake Shack not in Madison Square Park is anything but a pale imitation

You will never know the joy of seeing a break in the line on the ShackCam, running down and getting a double Shack in the NY spring.

You're a tourist in your own life.
>>
File: 1454020764312.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1454020764312.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>he lives in a shithole urban containment center
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>>7932965

>he's so scared of non-whites he claims are inferior he runs off into the woods, with no money, culture, or future

I mean, the saddest part about flyovers is that they try and be proud of it. It's like a retarded kid that shits his pants then wants to show people it.
>>
Their fries are soggy but if you can convince them to overcook them they go full 11/10
>>
>>7932934
see
>>7931339
>>
What makes I&O better than FG?
>>
File: sadwhitetrash.jpg (12KB, 255x320px) Image search: [Google]
sadwhitetrash.jpg
12KB, 255x320px
>>7933048

>yfw you have no response, but your sister is busy sucking cock for meth so you've got 20 minutes to kill before it's your turn, and you post anything

Stay flyover, flyover
>>
>>7933056

They're such losers they worry that literally any other man could take their "women".

Since they won't admit to themselves they're losers, but they have no accomplishments of their own, they try and claim that the accomplishments of successful white people are due to their race, and thus the rustic losers should get credit as well.

Put those together, and you have a very strong obsession with non-whites fucking their white trash females.
>>
>>7933076

>implying flyovers could afford a day of rent in a real city
>implying flyovers aren't runts getting hind tit, living in wastelands nobody else will touch
>>
>>7933081
>implying flyovers could afford a day of rent in a real city

I make 150k/yr in a "flyover" state, live like a god damn king.

300k/yr means shitty life in a "real city"
>>
Is Five Guys better than Carls Jr.?

I used to hear how fantastic Carls Jr was and then it moved into my neighborhood and it's garbage. Now Five Guys is here, and I'm skeptical due to past disappointments.
>>
>>7933096

That's cute, but you don't.
>>
>>7933110
>Is Five Guys better than Carls Jr.?
see
>>7931339
>>
>>7933110
>Carls Jr.

Fuck you, I'm eating!
>>
>>7919872
Despite it being over hyped it's alright. Burger+fries+shake= A pretty nice dinner.
>>
>>7933110
the only redeeming thing about Carls was their chili cheese fries but they discontinued that
>>
Why do people think $9 for a cheeseburger and fries, both fairly good quality, is expensive?

One single patty five guys burger fills me up pretty good, even without fries
>>
>>7933966
Because it's still fast food and should be cheap.
>>
The fact this is the highest post count thread on /ck/ right now confirms how much of a joke this board is.
>>
>>7934008
>The fact this is the highest post count thread on /ck/ right now confirms how much of a joke this board is.

understatement of the century. They should really ban these stupid fucking threads and make this place really about cooking and not eating
>>
>>7934015
at this point /ck/ exists for shitposting between states and countries though
>>
>>7926955
If the point is "I'm in too much of a hurry to make something", five guys still isn't a particularly good option.
>>
>>7915895
Just below restaurant-tier prices for just over fast food-tier food quality, and SLOW food prep.

On the other hand, for what they charge for just a burger, I have managed to get a venison burger with chips and a pint of Coke at a pub. With table service and no annoying tourists.

If I want fast food, I'll go to burger king. If I want good food, I'll find a restaurant or a pub.
>>
>>7929346
That feel when red robin is cheaper
>>
>>7915895
9/10 for me.
>>
Everyone saying In Out is so much better seriously makes me wanna head to California to try it. I just love burgers.
>>
FG is cuck-burger.
>>
>>7935753
are you joking? A burger at Red Robin is like 12 at the least. Five Guys is 7 at the most.
>>
>Working at a Five Guy's some time last year
>Cars engine fucking grenades itself on my way to work
>Tell them I can't come in because we live in a rural area without mass transit
>"We really need you in here tonight, I need you to be here"
>Manage to get car back home and wait for dad to get home so I can use his car
>Turns out we were overstuffed by two people anyway and had been the whole evening
>mfw
Also dealing with corporate is the fucking worst, district and regional managers kept coming in and changing things every week. According to a friend that works at McD, it's not even that bad there. Good food though, haven't worked there since December but I still pop in once a month for a double burger with extra cheese, ketchup, and light mayo.
>>
>>7935527
Whats a pub? Did you mean to type 'bar'?
>>
>>7936522
in-n-out is pretty much the perfect fast food burger
it probably won't knock your socks off but it tastes exactly how a burger ordered from a cheap diner should taste
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.