[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hershey's Strawberries 'n' Creme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-07-24 22.32.25.jpg (158KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-24 22.32.25.jpg
158KB, 640x480px
So I was looking through some old boxes in my house and I found a limited edition Hershey's bar I guess I never opened. I kinda remember buying it 10 years ago and I haven't seen this flavor on store shelves since. The candy is still inside, the packet has never been opened at all. And I kinda know that there are some people who like to buy old discontinued food items on ebay. The thing is, I don't know how much this would be worth or how much a candy collecting enthusiast would pay for something like this particular item here in question. What are your thoughts /ck/?
>>
>>7913144
i don't know
>>
Put it on eBay for 99 cents. See what happens.
Back before Surge came back a dude found an unopened box of syrup and sold it in single-serve bottles for $15 a pop on eBay. I bought two of them.
>>
why would you type a long ass post instead of just looking on fucking ebay

how are our thoughts worth anything? look on fucking ebay and answer your own question
>>
$30-40 at the absolute max.
No results on ebay which means either high demand and low stock, or low demand, and no interest in available stock.

No mention of strawberries 'n' creme on candy collector forums I frequent, and really not much on google about it at all other than it existing.

Typically discontinued food item collectors are looking for branded products, or spectacular failures/attempts at fads from large companies. Crystal pepsi, ecto-cooler, classic booberry/chocula/frankenberry sell well, the video game cereal, stuff like that.

Stuff that's more flash in the pan, but still mass produced, as it were, is less intriguing because they were likely readily available, for however short a period they may have been on shelves, think oreo cakesters, doritos 3D, reeses banana cream.

Yours falls into the latter category, like all those novelty japanese flavors of kitkat. There's like a billion of them, and they might seem like collectors items, but no one is going to remember one particular flavor in about 15 years. But I guarantee you people are gonna remember ecto cooler still.
>>
>>7913182
I didn't find this item listen anywhere on ebay. Hell, there isn't even that much info on it searching on google.
>>
>>7913189
With this logic you midaswell just eat it.
>>
>>7913167
why bother posting then? Faggot
>>
Not to troll but genuinely curious my friend bought me a hersheys bar and it tasted like vomit do Americans actually like that taste?
>>
>>7913236
Huh?
>>
>>7913236
What country are you from?
>>
>>7913244
Europe
>>
>>7913189
>I frequent candy collector forums
end yourself
>>
>>7913261
Well what I do know is that the USA uses very very drastically different methods of manufacturing and processing food not to mention we also have different food laws and regulations. I've heard Europe is different too. The candies themselves taste good to me as an American. However maybe it's just that I am use to how our food tastes here.
>>
>>7913236
LOL ! ! Vomit huh ? ! The WORLDS largest chocolate producing company is right here in the good 'ol US of A. So evidently, the rest of the world disagrees with you.
Of course not everyone likes all brands OR styles, as it should be. Sweetened, unsweetened, light, dark, milk, flavored and more. Some claim to be more " true " and some are quite expensive. But cost doesn't guarantee it tastes great TO YOU !
It's certainly NOT an American thing. Who are the " we " you refer to ? Remember what I mentioned about the worlds largest / most popular.
>>
>>7913236
I guess those kindereggs will fuck your tongue up if you forget to take the suprise out of the middle
>>
>>7913236
hersheys bar: 100% chocolate
chocolate in your country: not 100% chocolate

yes, your friend hates the taste of real, pure milk chocolate. it's like vomit!
>>
Butyric acid

Americans literally use this in their chocolate
>>
>>7913322
you know what europeans like to put in their chocolate? palm oil

you know what that makes it? not legally up to the standard of being sold as chocolate in america.

Keep pretending that this is something we aren't world class at. lol.
>>
>>7913327
woops*

*No longer contains PGPR
>>
>>7913327
>It's supposed to taste like sick haha we win
>>
>>7913261
Europe isn't a country faggot.
>>
>>7913335
good one anon, i'm on your side!
>>
>>7913192

So list it on ebay and see what it sells for. Go for 'Best Offer' first. And if too little is offered, then troll everyone and list it for 250 or 500 'Buy It Not' instead and see what magic happens.
>>
>>7913236
I agree and have had other people agree with me that it tastes like sick. It's more the after taste than the initial bite when it hits you
>>
>>7913144
Dubs checked.

Way past expiration date. Do not want.
>>
>>7913236
Amerifag here, can confirm Hershey's is shit tier candy. Has a weird aftertaste. The only acceptable way to eat Hershey's chocolate is melted over a graham cracker with a scorched marshmallow beside a campfire.
>>
I bought two boxes of Rice Krispies Treats off amazon for 40 bucks. I'm sure it would be worth more than that since the fucking states still gets Rice Krispies Treats
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.