[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd I do, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0066.jpg (507KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
507KB, 3264x2448px
How'd I do, /ck/?
>>
>>7912495
perfect toppings for nice 'za
>>
>>7912495
I used to have my steak well done too, now I see it for the dog food it is

Looks shit
>>
>>7912495
Is that the Green Giant fire roasted corn/onion/red pepper mix?
>>
>>7912509
My intention wasn't to cook well done, but I've just started searing it in a cast iron skillet and cooking it in the oven. The heat's a little difficult to control. I totally burned the shit out of one side while searing, too.

Fortunately, the meat was still juicy, and it's been quite tasty so far.
>>
>>7912524
Nah, just some veggies I needed to use around the apartment.

It's onion, red pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, and then potatoes, old bay seasoning & sea salt, and some olive oil. Fried that shit up in a pan.
>>
>>7912525
>but I've just started searing it in a cast iron skillet and cooking it in the oven.

why? the only reason to do this would be if it was an extra thick cut or had a bone in
>>
>>7912542
I'm a steak noob and that's the way my friends cook it.

The cut I used in the OP was a New York strip. Is that considered a thick cut? It's thicker than most meat I cook.
>>
>>7912525

It looks good, don't worry about tossing the steak in the oven though next time. Your skillet is a workhorse; it can cook the steak just fine
>>
>>7912553
forget your friends, they're steak noobs too

awkward angle in the pic but it doesn't look particularly thick. next time just fry it all the way, add some butter near the end of it and when it melts baste the steak with it for the final minute or two, garlic butter would be even better

and don't forget it'll keep on cooking a bit longer after you take it out the pan because of the heat, so don't be scared to take it out slightly earlier than you normally would, then just let it rest for 5 minutes
>>
>>7912495
the 'tatoes look okay
>>
>>7912600
Some of the thickest slices were a little undercooked. Probably should've just left them in the pan a bit long. The red pepper and old bay seasoning flavors worked surprisingly well together, though.
>>
>>7912553
>but I've just started searing it in a cast iron skillet and cooking it in the oven.

wrong way buddo. you pop it in the oven than sear it on cast iron
>>
>>7912525
A steak that thin doesn't need to be finished in the oven
You only need to do that with really thick steaks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.