[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bell Pepper thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bell-peppers10-lg.jpg (72KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
bell-peppers10-lg.jpg
72KB, 1200x740px
Can you taste the difference?

I think green one is most sour. Red is the classical one but yellow and orange are just like red but little bit more sweeter.
>>
i can't tell the difference between red, yellow, and orange.

but green is definitely distinct. just a little more pungent flavor. the texture seems different too, it's more crunchy and thick. it takes longer to cook.
>>
Honestly everything but red tasted distinctively shittier.
>>
They are basically the same. The red is just more ripe. Leave the green and yellow pebers on the bench for a week or two and they will turn red and sweeten up.
>>
yeah green is almost raw and tastes bitter, so it's the shittiest
>>
>>7907934
I've never noticed a difference in taste or texture. I usually get green because it's the cheapest, but I'll get a different color if the ones in the store happen to be better quality or if I care about presentation for what I'm making and want a different color for that.
>>
>>7907934
There is a lot more difference in taste in sizes than there is color.
For bell peppers, I have noted that the larger they are means the more bitter they will be, but I only think this applies when they're consumed raw.
>>
>>7907934
i always though green was the most mellow tasting. and red/yellow/orange were more tangy
>>
>>7907934
green is distictly less ripe. red, yellow, orange are all about the same except red cooks down way faster

I read somewhere that bell peppers don't usually turn red, and the red ones are heavily gassed for the color
>>
green peppers taste shitty and bitter and red peppers are really sweet
>>
>>7907934
Green vs. ripe (anywhere from yellow to red) is an issue of two separate ingredients, really, and you shouldn't substitute one for another in any recipe you care about.
I don't the yellow ones really taste that different from the red.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.