[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you co/ck/s cooking duck breast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: duckbreast.jpg (326KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
duckbreast.jpg
326KB, 1280x853px
Why aren't you co/ck/s cooking duck breast?
>>
>>7907796
Am I wrong in thinking this is severely undercooked?

Duck needs to be pink but this looks seared for a few moments at best.
>>
>>7907874
It could be smoked and then seared, or perhaps cooked at a very low temp sous-vide
>>
Duck is expensive.
>>
i just get the chinese to do it for me
>>
>>7907893
Australian?

If so I know that feel. I get it once in a blue moon.
>>
>>7907897
It's not that cheap in the uk unfortunately.
>>
>>7907897
>Chicken
>$9 per pound

where do you live that's insane
>>
>>7907796
Because I'm smoking ribs.
>>
File: duck.jpg (475KB, 1280x1281px) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
475KB, 1280x1281px
>>
>>7908232
Chicken breast is usually around $7 a pound here in florida $9 just seems high considering that cost almost as much as choice ribeye

Never seen duck breast in any of my local stores though, just whole duck
>>
>>7907796
what does it taste like? never ate duck, does it feel somewhat like chicken or what?
>>
>>7908232
$9/lb for chicken breasts is absurd. So is $5-6/lb for a whole chicken. Boneless, skinless breasts around here are normally $3-4/lb and usually $2/lb on sale. I usually only buy split breasts or thighs/legs when they're on sale for $1/lb which is fairly frequently.

Whole chickens are generally around $1-2/lb and I've seen them on sale for as low as 75 cents/lb. When they're that low, I usually buy 2 or 3 and stick them in the freezer.
>>
>>7907796
No raw poultry, thanks.
>>
File: 1442752846134.png (543KB, 752x710px) Image search: [Google]
1442752846134.png
543KB, 752x710px
>>7907897
>i thought cost of living in my city was expensive but chicken breast is only $4-5/lb
>>
>>7908961
Its more like chicken than beef but in the same way pork is more like beef than chicken. It's its own thing
>>
>>7909031
Seattle...
>>
>>7909037
Fucking hipsters.
>>
>>7909120
Been eating it for years, never been a problem. It's just the sale price for a whole chicken sometimes.

I'm sorry that low sale prices on meat that is cheap to produce in the first place make you uncomfortable.
>>
>>7907897
jesus fuck nigger chicken is like $3 a pound here where the fuck do you live
>>
>>7908961
across between pork and squid
>>
I'm sort of curious about duck, I want to try cooking it at home now... See what it is like
>>
>>7908238

Jesus, chicken breast is $2/lb here. I eat it almost every day because of that.
>>
>>7907796
how do you know I'm not? are you with the government? I swear to god I will track down your family, to torture and murder them in front of your own eyes if you ever spy on me again
>>
>>7908210
DUDE I live in the US and I just paid $15 for a 11 lb bag of chicken breasts.not a typo eleven pounds for fifteen bucks
>>
>>7909185
and that is boneless skinless for $1.39 lb
>>
>Frenchfag now living in California
>Foie gras and duck magret made from a moulard duck almost impossible to find and if I find it it's extremely overpriced

Fucking suffering
>>
>>7907897
Chicken is $1.99/lb for breasts here, cheaper for a whole chicken or if there's any cut on discount.
>>
>>7907796
Hard to get a hold of in Sweden for a reasonable price.
>>
>>7908961
It is similar to both pork and beef. The texture is more like pork, but the flavor more like beef.

KEY WORDS being LIKE.

It's not exactly the same. it's nice. Try it. I'd advice you trying it at Korean BBQ first so you can get some thin slices of just duck to start with. that way you can test the flavor without any specific spice mixtures (like sezcchuan, mandarin etc.)
>>
>>7909748
Serves you right you cheese eating surrender monkey.
>>
>>7907897
>>7908232
>>7908238
The fuck, man.

Here in Texas, breasts are $2 a pound, legs, thighs, and whole chickens are less than $1.

Every time I read shit like this, it helps me understand that shitholes like San Francisco need $15/hour minimum wage, but you just can't bring that to Texas where a nice one-bedroom apartment is less than $600/month.
>>
>>7907893
just go to your local park or lake and snatch one
>>
>>7907893
You can get a peking duck for $15 at Chinese markets
>>
>>7911461
>all dose buzzwords
>all dose hamboigahs
Here's your faggot, (You).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adPmfLDqlXY
>>
>>7907796
Because my GF doesn't want to eat duck :( Also it's pretty damn expensive.
>>
>>7909129
the prices are low because you buy the meat is, like you said, cheap.

i can buy chicken breast for 1.99/lb. I don't because it's inhumanely produced garbage and i can afford better
>>
>>7907796
The top looks like a burnt pretzel bun and the meat is RAW. 3/10 try again.
>>
>>7907796
pretty much every reason I could imagine
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.