[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good childhood food memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

That depressing childhood food memories thread is making me sad.

Post happy childhood food memories and stuff you do/will do with your kids related to food.
>>
>your kids

I didn't learn to cook until I was in grad school, but both my parents took turns cooking great food half the week, and took me out to restaurants the other half of the week, teaching me proper etiquette and how to behave in public from a young age.

I'd kind of like to do the same one day, but it's starting to feel like it's a little too late to be fucking around with little people.
>>
>>7906073
I was an army brat growing up and I was in germany for a couple years. But it eventually came time to go back to the states and we packed our bags and took a flight back. Well after a few hours flying we got off the plane and were waiting for the next flight and we were all hungry and stopped off at a restaurant in the airport it was nice with glass tables on a balcony and I remember ordering some scrambled eggs for breakfast. I was expecting plain old eggs like i have every morning. However these were the most tender buttery scrambled eggs i have ever eaten they came in a sheet that was folded over twice. Now every time i make scrambled eggs i always try to at least capture that flavor.
>>
>>7906073
As a kid I have memories of eating insanely delicious pizza. I have a magnet my parents made of a picture of me and brother eating a pizza during some sort of vacation trip and it's this super cheesy looking pizza and I absolutely remember it tasting amazing. It was the pizza I always compared to in the back of my head for years. Now I've forgotten what it tasted like but I still remember the feeling.

Also, my step grandma's cookies during the holidays was always nice. I've since realized that she's kind of a shit cook (she makes awful spaghetti sauce that is dark and bitter as fuck) but just the aura of a fuckton of homemade decorative Christmas cookies was so great.
>>
>>7906143
Are you me?

Family vacation when I was little..My parents, brother and I stopped at some kind of italian/pizza place in some state and we ordered some kind of pizza finger things and to this day I still crave them. They were incredible and the best pizza type thing I've ever had and nobody can tell me where it was or anything.

My Grandmas at Christmas the whole family on Dads side would get together. Adults would drink. Kids were stuck in awful sweaters to try and look nice. But Grandma made filet mingon, turkey, sometimes goose I think too and all kinds of sides, but the best was the black forest cake. It was chocolate cake with cherries baked into the batter and super moist with a chocolate fudge like frosting that was the same texture as fudge and not like normal frosting.
>>
>>7906444
Huh?
>>
>>7906454
similar type stories
>>
>>7906073
Cooking with grandma and eating while watching her soap operas with her, i misd her tho. Having BBQs with me m8s at 2:00am on friday while being drunk and marinating everything in beer and later making hangover breakfast the other day, good times

Eating little ceasars pizza in an avenue bench with me m8s

>21st century
>having kids
Kek, theres enough people here already, why would i want to deal with little retarded shits?
>>
>>7906658
Same with Grandma. Helping Grandma make meatballs and her own pasta while watching the Price is Right.

I have the feels now...
>>
>>7906073
My family always are dinner together at the table. Mom was a housewife, so she did the cooking. Most of what she cooked was good, some of it was great. Friends were always welcome to stay for dinner. We often cut up and laughed together as a family at the table.

(I've already raised my kids, but it was the same with them, except I did the cooking most of the time).

Particular memories from my childhoos include:

Hors 'dOeuvre Night: Mom and dad weren't big drinkers, so on New Year's Eve they'd stay home with us, make up a shit ton of trashy hors d'oeuvres (pizza rolls, cocktail weenies and the like) and let us eat that for dinner while waiting for the ball to drop on TV. Then we'd make a hell of a racket outside, and some of the neighbors throwing more traditional parties would join in with us.

Crab boils: We may have been Yankees, but that didn't stop us from going to the pier in summer with crab traps, then coming home with a shit ton of crabs, which mom boiled up with corn and potatoes. Then we'd sit our back at the picnic table and pick those things apart until we couldn't eat any more.

The day after Thanksgiving: Mom always threw down for Thanksgiving, but lazing around the day after eating club sandwiches then finishing up with a bowl of Turley noodle soup was even better than the Thanksgiving feast.

Easter: Mom did a leg of lamb really well, and this was one of the few times she's bust it out. But my littl sister didn't like lamb all that much, so she'd do a ham as well. Ham sandwiches the next day were a fucking bonus.

Dad food: Dad liked some things that were too adventurous for mom. I enjoyed some great bonding moments with him eating things she wouldn't touch, like really stinky cheeses, pickled fish, various smoked meats, clams on the half shell and every now and then a cold beer.

Christmas cookies: Mom did butter cookies in cute shapes decorated with red and green crystal sugar every year. One taste and I'm 5 again, hoping for a puppy.
>>
File: zips.jpg (1MB, 3405x2654px) Image search: [Google]
zips.jpg
1MB, 3405x2654px
>>7906073

> Be me, maybe age 7
> Family is dirt poor, talking $10k/year living innawoods single-wide bug-infested trailer family-of-four
> Dad manages to close a deal and paycheck hits Christmas Eve
> Secretary stays late so he can pick up his check
> Manages to get it cashed before the bank/cu closes
> Not enough money for presents, we get a free porcelain table-top tree from his office
> Just enough money to go out to eat
> Have Christmas Eve dinner at Zip's (local burger chain)
> Fries, onion rings, tartar sauce, Papa Joe, milkshake
> Do this every Christmas Eve, even as my dad's finances get way better over time (at one ponit making mid 6-figures before the great recession)
> Parents divorce
> Do it with just my brother and dad
> Mom moves to another state for school when I'm 16
> Keep going every Christmas Eve with my dad right until my brother gets shipped out to Afghanistan in the army
>>
>>7906073
>be in elementary school
>relatively poor family
>raw top ramen and peanut butter balls
>rice and milk instead of cereal and milk
>get pack of m&m's
>split pack into piles, with each pile getting equal colors
>each kid gets a pile
>>
File: papajoe.jpg (23KB, 400x400px)
papajoe.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>7907544

Papa Joe, for reference

(I was very confused as to why other places called their burgers "hamburgers" even though theirs didn't have ham like Zip's burgers did)
>>
This thread is awful.
The spawn of prostitutes and drug addicts tells much better stories.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.